PS4-Watch_Dogs

Madden NFL 09 PSP Entertainment Pack Now Available

John Koller's Avatar + Posted by John Koller on Aug 12, 2008 // VP of Platforms Marketing, SCEA

Coming off of one of the craziest NFL off-seasons in history, we’re proud to have the best sports franchise of all time, and the best portable football game ever created, available with today’s release of the Madden NFL 09 PSP Entertainment Pack. This is the bundle for true NFL fans…and will be the only place that you’ll be able to purchase the limited edition metallic blue PSP system.

We’re often asked how we determine what is placed in PSP Entertainment Packs – and the answer is simple…sign the biggest game franchises, add an incredible amount of consumer value including videos, Memory Stick Duos, and even PLAYSTATION Network game download vouchers, and combine with the best portable entertainment system available.

Madden NFL 09 PSP Entertainment Pack

The secret to the Entertainment Pack business is ultimately to give to the consumer what they’ve been demanding. With the limited edition Madden NFL 09 PSP Entertainment Pack, we have – and NFL fans are going to love it. Now, if you don’t mind, I’m going to grab my blue PSP and go back to the business of taking my 49ers to a Super Bowl title. And Frank Gore will be MVP. I love this game.

66 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Chrisrahosiris on August 12th, 2008 at 5:10 am said:

John,

Who do you have as your starting quarterback?

I am a Titans fan. So VY will win the MVP for me.

Thanks for another great entertainment pack.

Best,

Chris Rah Osiris

+ Stoffinator on August 12th, 2008 at 5:10 am said:

Sadly this nice machine had to be packed with another “milk it” EA franchise.

+ Chrisrahosiris on August 12th, 2008 at 5:15 am said:

John,

I know that you are extremely busy. However, I was wondering if you would be able to do an interview with Playstation Lifestyle.net at some time in the future? We would greatly appreciate it.

Best regards,

Chris Rah Osiris

+ mcroddi on August 12th, 2008 at 5:22 am said:

@2 – please get over yourself – it is not like the game is from the evil grounds of hell, they couple consoles with games that sell…and Madden Fans have been waiting…

+ Stoffinator on August 12th, 2008 at 5:26 am said:

@4 Sorry for saying what I want to say, next time I will ask you first. :-]

+ DryvBy on August 12th, 2008 at 5:31 am said:

Madden sucks. I’d never touch it again unless it’s 93 Genesis Madden.

+ mza49311 on August 12th, 2008 at 5:32 am said:

The blue is oh so pretty, my gf has been wanting something pink though, and is opting for a ds, i wanted her to lean more towards a psp but alas there’s no pink that I’m aware of in the US *sigh* I just know if she saw it in person next to the ds, she’s take it, well anyway wonderful bundle!

+ LiquidSun on August 12th, 2008 at 5:40 am said:

off-topic (sorry):

Where are my new F1 and WRC rally games?

+ Fuji311 on August 12th, 2008 at 5:54 am said:

This rocks. my Slim is getting put out to pasture in favor of the metallic blue.

All the Madden trolls out there can suck it.

Go Texans!!

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on August 12th, 2008 at 5:58 am said:

Nice new PSP bundle Sony! Keem them coming! You know what they say “if you bundle it with different colors it will SELL”

+ aaquib2 on August 12th, 2008 at 6:02 am said:

Good system. Sh1tty game. Cr4ppy publisher.

+ THATPSPGUY on August 12th, 2008 at 6:16 am said:

@9 can I have your slim, then I would have FOUR PSP’s again. Lol J/k.
Hey is there gonna be a neat silk screened pic of the guy on the cover of the game on the back of the psp. Like the Darth Vader slim??
That would be sick.

Also a little bit off topic.
Are we ever getting true remote play, as in have the game( any game) appear of the psp’s screen but controlled by either a SixaxiS or a DS3? I mean locally in your home not out and about using internet connects. I seen a fake video on YT that one guy had faked really good but can we have it for reals?
Maybe I should do it like i did for warhawk jetpacks…..bug the heck out you all….lol j/k maybe……

+ StalkingSilence on August 12th, 2008 at 6:23 am said:

How much does this cost again? I am considering buying one for my little bro’s birthday.

+ Buzzy42 on August 12th, 2008 at 6:27 am said:

Love the look of this and am really tempted… I know this is “limited edition” but it’s like the GoW one, right? That it should be around for a few months before it will eventually disappear?

My birthday is in a couple of weeks and I’m hoping someone picks this up for me, but wanted to be sure if I waited there would still be units for purchase.

(don’t care much about Madden but the blue looks great! Now’s as good of time as any to upgrade my older non-slim PSP)

+ Wrek Gar on August 12th, 2008 at 6:31 am said:

I love the new PSP packs and planned on buying 1 then give my PSP Slim black to my God-Daughter. The only thing is that I have an extended life battery with that black cover for the slightly bigger battery. That is what held me back from buying the Kratos (Red) PSP. Is there any plan to release battery covers for the exetended life battery in these limited editions colors and with silk screened faces on them?

+ StalkingSilence on August 12th, 2008 at 6:36 am said:

Wait – is it $199 USD? That’s pretty awesome.

+ StalkingSilence on August 12th, 2008 at 6:37 am said:

I’m about to order online – I just want to check out what the back looks like. Does the PSP have an NFL logo on it? I’m checking out the Flickr feed and I can’t see it.

+ Traveler1990 on August 12th, 2008 at 6:51 am said:

@17Nope no logo, just a pretty hot blue. i’m all set pre-ordered it from best buy should be here by Thursday.

This is my 4th psp. I had the original black psp, original white(import), and the silver slim. Damn You Sony and your beautiful PSP, now can we get more rpgs for it?

+ FritoZ on August 12th, 2008 at 7:01 am said:

looks like a great deal, but football just isn’t my thing..

i DO like how you have included a big memory stick, nice touch!

now if Sony actullay supported UMD movies, that would be something!

+ Scodo_Thope on August 12th, 2008 at 7:20 am said:

So I am still not sure this is the package that finally make me purchase the PSP, but I am intrigued!

:P

+ TouchyEd on August 12th, 2008 at 7:32 am said:

Is there someway we can just order the new cover art for Madden 09? Afterall, it’s the same frickin’ game year after year.

+ bronxchulo on August 12th, 2008 at 7:44 am said:

Sadly I just bought this “pack” just for the blue PSP because i like blue and always was hoping there would be a blue PSP eventually. Just sucks the only way to get these colored PSP’s is buy buying the “packs”. I ended up giving the game to someone.

+ joel on August 12th, 2008 at 7:48 am said:

Good news, lets hope we get those psp sales double in the U.S, psp is easily my favorite handheld.

+ Emadeowa on August 12th, 2008 at 7:56 am said:

Awesome News, but can we plz get all Entertainment Packs upto par???

+ C-h-a-o-s on August 12th, 2008 at 7:58 am said:

Is there ever going to be a green colored PSP for NA? That’s the only other reason I’d buy a second PSP slim, for that color. I know it’s a long shot but you already have white, red, and now blue. Give green a shot!!!

+ VenomX on August 12th, 2008 at 8:28 am said:

Beats is an amazing game.

+ depward on August 12th, 2008 at 8:44 am said:

My brother is grabbing this today… he’s psyched :)

+ ThAGriZZ45 on August 12th, 2008 at 8:59 am said:

This is great with the 1 Gig memory stick. But I would rather have the Red God of War Entertainment Pack.

I like how psp keeps expanding there colors as the time passes.

+ lowhonor on August 12th, 2008 at 9:06 am said:

More psp games please, less useless psp packages.

+ Paznos on August 12th, 2008 at 9:14 am said:

I’m interested in Blue PSP but have no interest in Sports games, will the Blue PSP be available as a core package?

+ lakaihigh on August 12th, 2008 at 9:21 am said:

that blue is a very slick color! nice entertainment pack to boot. If people aren’t buying this for madden than they should atleast try beats, its wonderful fun interacting with your music.

peace,
Lh

+ twooh on August 12th, 2008 at 9:47 am said:

Why does japan get so many titles, and we get one a month? :(

+ Scary69 on August 12th, 2008 at 10:17 am said:

Wish it was a darker blue, then again I alreadu have 2 PSP’s black & white. :)

+ Lanmanna on August 12th, 2008 at 10:26 am said:

I would like this, if it didn’t come with the milked series Madden. Seriously, do we need a new one every year? >_>

+ Scary69 on August 12th, 2008 at 10:28 am said:

Yeah I could care less about the game, but I guess for those who like the game its cool.

+ vandam on August 12th, 2008 at 10:50 am said:

Should have been FF VII criss core instead. Havent bought madden since 04. To many other good games to play!!!

+ GAME-HERO on August 12th, 2008 at 11:07 am said:

The Demo is cool!

+ tr3pidation on August 12th, 2008 at 11:10 am said:

Heh. Madden. THE ONLY CHANCE the 49ers will have to make the Superbowl. Sorry, Seahawks will sweep you again.

On a side note, I can’t wait to get this. Even if it means no social life whatsoever after it :(

+ Skyline4 on August 12th, 2008 at 11:28 am said:

Might Pick This Up To Lead The STEELERS To There Sixth Super Bowl.

+ lostboy85 on August 12th, 2008 at 11:31 am said:

oooo a blue psp oh wait it come with madden. no thanks.

+ StalkingSilence on August 12th, 2008 at 11:51 am said:

@Skyline4,
Agreed. Shtillers!

+ Kratosdog on August 12th, 2008 at 12:04 pm said:

I’m really happy with the red psp bundle, but this one is way cool!

** OFF TOPIC **
Hey any word on little big planet plushies? You know sony would be insane not to make them. I know I mention that alot, but it would be the best selling thing since … well since little big planet.

+ enrichovega on August 12th, 2008 at 12:06 pm said:

Sweet deal. More colors = more sales. Don’t stop til we color the rainbow. Next time bless’em with the pink.

Personally I’m waiting for the slim w/ built in mic I’ve heard rumblings about. It would be nice if it also had wireless psn game downloads via PS3.

+ kraill on August 12th, 2008 at 12:09 pm said:

I wish Sony would make it so that when using Skype, say for instance at a hotel then it would let you log into their password web page so you are in the hotels system and than let you continue on and use skype. It sux when it doesn’t because the hotel doesn’t let you use the net unless you have gone through the start up page. So therefor the only places you can use skype is on home networks. At School I also have the same problem.

+ seafea on August 12th, 2008 at 1:18 pm said:

Please tell me this will be available without the package. I’m not a football game fan.

+ mark_west on August 12th, 2008 at 1:34 pm said:

I just don’t want a blue PSP… if they made the memory stick available with the GOW edition I would totally by one

+ Gunwing on August 12th, 2008 at 1:50 pm said:

I think they need to come out with a bundle pack and game for the piano black PSP (It sells out like hot cakes around where I live) I would do it with the new Resistance: Retrobution game, a 1GB Memory stick, and Alians VS Preditor UMD movie, as well as a voutcher for Super StarDust HD on the PSP store. I would buy one of those in a heart beat!

(Would even trade in my current Ice Silver PSP for that new one for sure. And so would many others.) Or if you wanted to give the US some cool treatment make it a special Resistance PSP with custom 3D UMD molded tray slot (just some pop out images mind you) And some cool Resistance Guns on it as well and make it (Black, Gray) Then you would have a killer PSP bundle that would sell units like hot cakes in the US! (might even knock the DS Lite off it’s high chair and make Nintendo think twice about it’s shovel ware ideas and crap tastic lack of hardcore games)

+ SasaharaX on August 12th, 2008 at 4:03 pm said:

This is an awesome Blue PSP, i picked it up this afternoon even though i have never played Madden, but looking foward in trying it out. But thank you sony for giving us a cool color.

+ MidnightBlues on August 12th, 2008 at 4:10 pm said:

Football games suck!

+ PsychoEddie on August 12th, 2008 at 4:30 pm said:

will there be punch and pie?

PAGE 1 2