God of War

Aug 26

Aug 26

Savage Moon – Coming this Fall to PSN

Daimion Pinnock's Avatar Posted by Producer, SCEA

Since July there have been rumors about a “mystery game that SCEA had up its sleeve.” Well, it’s time to put all that speculation to rest. I am pleased to announce that we will be adding yet another exciting downloadable PS3 title to the PSN lineup: Savage Moon.

Coming exclusively to PLAYSTATION Network this fall, Savage Moon is a frantic, action-packed tower defense game in a gritty sci-fi setting. You are tasked with protecting mining facilities from ravenous space bugs using some truly fearsome weaponry. And you’ll need as much strategy as firepower as you fend off wave after wave.

Savage Moon 26
Each level in Savage Moon is set on an “Imoon”, or a living asteroid, and it is up to you to keep the mining facilities safe. These Imoons are rich in mineral deposits that humanity needs to survive, but such riches come with great risk as the native creatures living there will stop at nothing to end the mining. These giant deadly creatures are called “Insectocytes.” They come in all shapes and sizes and you will need to have a balanced strategy to fend them all off and keep the mining facilities safe.

Savage Moon 24 Savage Moon 48
To defend the mines, you start off with machine gun towers and can expand your arsenal to include wide range of weaponry and heavy artillery. This is where your strategizing skills come into play. It’s up to you when to upgrade, add new towers, or save your money, and your strategies will make the difference between escaping unscathed and watching the mines go up in flames. You have to place the tower defenses in areas where they will be most effective in killing the different kinds of Insectocytes before they make it to the mining facilities. And as you kill the Insectocytes, you earn valuable points that you can use to upgrade the size and firepower of your defenses, and to develop new weapons and technologies.

Savage Moon Savage Moon
Savage Moon is addictive and the action is relentless, making it fun no matter what your skill level is. The action is intense, but you also have to think and have a solid strategy to survive. The best players can even post their scores to the online leader boards to see how they stack up.

There is much more to come on Savage Moon soon, so keep a lookout for news right here on PlayStation.Blog.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

depward said:

August 26th, 11:23 am

Awesome. Love Pixeljunk Monsters so I’m all over this…

Nukes said:

August 26th, 11:24 am

Looks cool. But where is the info for Life with Playstation? If your going to delay it AGAIN atleast be out with it already.

Charliesdad said:

August 26th, 11:25 am

PJ monsters + Starship Troopers + 1/8 Starcraft / PSN = Awesome.

WestSiide said:

August 26th, 11:26 am

Looks good!

scorpio said:

August 26th, 11:27 am

Great job on the PSN games. I really wish I had more time to play all these games…

fireboiiii said:

August 26th, 11:28 am

looks awsome but is it gona have trophies?

WestSiide said:

August 26th, 11:32 am

@2
Who cares about life with ps.. when it was first announced everyone talked smack saying how we didnt need stuff like this, focus on games, bring out home, blah blah… to everyone: just pretend it was never announced, trust me youll make your lives alot easier.

theownerz said:

August 26th, 11:33 am

this is definite but for me is there co-op or online play will there be trophies included in the game when it is released. is there a exact release date yet

Engine said:

August 26th, 11:34 am

Sounds like PixelJunk Monsters, only cooler. Any word on pricing for this bad boy?

Flamenblade said:

August 26th, 11:34 am

Looks good! Nice to see people are expanding on the tower defence genre.

TheGuardian1973 said:

August 26th, 11:34 am

NIIIIIIICE, THIS LOOKS LIKE FUN!!! :D

Jeigh said:

August 26th, 11:37 am

It certainly does look like an interesting game, and a very good looking game, especially considering that it’s coming from the PSN. Though that does have me concerned about how big the game will be.

I’m also somewhat concerned as to how far this will go as a trend. This sounds almost exactly like PixelJunk Monsters. Having original titles is a great bragging right for the PSN, but if the original games are simply being built off of previous original games it’s going to lose some of its strength.

I realize I am taking a fairly critical view, but I’m doing you a far better favor by telling you of my critiques than giving you blind admiration. I hope you see it this way as well.

Atoms said:

August 26th, 11:37 am

I love PSN Games I don’t have to go anywhere.

ModnarKing said:

August 26th, 11:38 am

meh..ill pass

skynidas said:

August 26th, 11:40 am

Looks cool

TheInfectedBy590 said:

August 26th, 11:40 am

Nice, I saw a small preview of this on the Leipzig PSN trailer, can’t wait for release!

Jeigh said:

August 26th, 11:42 am

In reference to “how big the game will be” I was referring to the game size in gigabytes.

And as far as distancing this title from PixelJunk Monsters, I would recommend not taking as strict of a ‘strategy element.’ In PJM, often times if you did not place the towers at just the right times and in just the right places, there was almost no chance of earning those rainbows.

TheZed said:

August 26th, 11:46 am

I have to agree with Jeigh. The game looks and sounds great, but it does concern me. The web is already littered with more Tower Defense games then rats durring the plauge. Are we to expect the same from the PSN?

I really hope we avoid the trend of sticking with what works and keep coming out with really inovative games like Eden, Pain, Last Man, and Stardust.

Some Japan style RPGs for the PSN would be nice to. :)

Wiscompton said:

August 26th, 11:47 am

I’ve destroyed the armies of Warcraft III, the Monsters of Pixel Junk, and now it appears I must do the same with giant space bugs. Where ever I am needed, whatever tower must be constructed I will be there defending whatever it is I fight for…

leetfoo said:

August 26th, 11:47 am

Looks nice. Hope it supports 1080 output (native or scaled).

ISEMAN said:

August 26th, 11:49 am

I am a sucker for Tower Defense games so count me in, no mention of Trophys though…..can you hint at Trophy support at all?

sublimentality said:

August 26th, 11:51 am

Great lookin game. You got my money. Couple of questions though. Will this have trophy support?? Also a little off topic but it seems to me that platinum trophies dont have any XP points attached to it. After getting the platinum in Uncharted my level didnt increase at all aside from getting a gold trophy at the same time. I was expecting a big boost in my level. Isthe elusive platinum trophy more of a status symbol?

drdre74 said:

August 26th, 11:52 am

I’ll be glad when the day comes that you don’t have to ask if a game has trophies or not. They are just there. People are getting the point where they don’t want to buy a game because it doesn’t have trophies and they miss out on great games.

LN_MEXWARRIOR said:

August 26th, 11:55 am

Is this the “suprise game” that the BBC reporter was sworn to SECRECY? If so it doesn’t look like such a HUGE SURPRISE…

Fersis said:

August 26th, 11:55 am

PixelJunk Monsters + ‘proper’ monsters and sci fi setting == Fersis buying it.

ThAGriZZ45 said:

August 26th, 12:07 pm

I dont know. I’ll wait for my friends to give me a recommendation on this one. Will there be a demo maybe?

It looks nice though but I was just never the pixeljunk monsters type but who knows.

gmoney said:

August 26th, 12:12 pm

Jeff,

i know this is not the location, but no one will answer my question so i’m going to start trying this way. is there any plan to bring the hot shots costume dlc to the us and europe? please, just a hint… or get me in touch with who can!

Squall2600 said:

August 26th, 12:13 pm

Wow this game looks sweet
I’ll be checking this out after i get my ps3 fixed

darkiewonder said:

August 26th, 12:20 pm

I support the game and the developer that is bringing it!

Jenovah said:

August 26th, 12:22 pm

Please include trophies :)

thingg said:

August 26th, 12:24 pm

nice. I may get this. Also, like Jenovah said, don’t forget the trophies…

Ratchet3 said:

August 26th, 12:25 pm

this and all games need the PSN IDs link up to each controller so more then one psn id can be logged in at once Ex: me and i my brother want to play warhawk i am using my username and he is using own so me and him can unlock trophies without one of us logging out

Madman said:

August 26th, 12:26 pm

Any word on trophy support?

With the plethora of games hitting PSN and shelves in fall, I need to make judicious choices…I’d also take a game with trophies over one without, especially for unknown games on PSN.

Scodo_Thope said:

August 26th, 12:29 pm

This looks awesome.

Lazy in ’08. Who needs a Blu-ray disc. DL is the cat’s meow!

:P

FritoZ said:

August 26th, 12:36 pm

looks intense! i hope there is action on the screen paralleled to none! MGSIV and Resistance both had TONS of on screen action…

since this is the “mystery game that SCEA had up its sleeve” i would expect 1080p/60 fps, trophies, online play, co-op modes, stat tracking, leaderboards, dedicated fast servers, etc. etc.

so I too would like to know-

1) resolution/framerate is it 1080p/60fps? After MGSIV there is no excuse for AAA titles sans true HD.

2) size of download? 2 gigs? 4 gigs?

thanks!

@ #3 Charliesdad-

that’s just waht i was gonna say!

(except for the starcraft reference)

Fersis said:

August 26th, 12:44 pm

@35 FritoZ
Indeed ,MGS4 did a hell of job lying his resolution.
Kudos to Kojima Productions.
i love you mr. Kojima !

001 said:

August 26th, 12:57 pm

I bothered jeff about this game on several occasions. :) WANT, REALLY REALLY WANT

KoD7085 said:

August 26th, 1:02 pm

Sounds interesting. I’ll wait for more specs to really give judgment; however, it at least looks like a nice concept.
Is there going to be any kind of online mode? Perhaps, one person takes the offensive the other defensive?

cmargary said:

August 26th, 1:07 pm

Humm.. a pixel junk monsters in a more mature ambient? Sold even without trophies.

Sony knows Tower defense games works well in the ps3…

PSPsGTghOost said:

August 26th, 1:09 pm

Trophies, Sixaxis features, rumble functionality, Youtube upload, remote play on PSP all be great for this game! ;)

enriquem said:

August 26th, 1:09 pm

How much wiill this game be?

Jackal888 said:

August 26th, 1:16 pm

Looks like it will be fun for those who like Tower Defense but did not like the cute graphics of PJM.

Kedaro said:

August 26th, 1:26 pm

I don’t care what it looks like, If you end up charging more than PJ Monsters for it, it better have more replay value, and that will truly be a hard task to accomplish

Kedaro said:

August 26th, 1:28 pm

* sorry, meant to say, it looks awesome, but I myself won’t be getting my hopes up too high, because tower defense is cool and all but it’s still no full blown RTS… and we all are in desperate need of full blown RTSs and RPGs.

GeminiBoy said:

August 26th, 1:29 pm

Looks cool, but tell the readers what really separates this game from an already great PJM game…..

Either way,
definetly worth checking out…

Seanscythe2 said:

August 26th, 1:32 pm

can’t wait hope there is online play with this one. BTW where is White Knight Story? And all the other RPG? I’m dying over here.

AdversaryofGod said:

August 26th, 2:00 pm

I need to see some movies about playing the game first…
But I’m sure it will be good and that I’ll buy it.
The released pictures are NICE!!!

I like when I learn about a new interesting game and when they tell us it will be released soon after.

I hate learning about a good game 3 years before its release date.

Thanks for the news!

Bender Rodriguez said:

August 26th, 2:09 pm

Starship Troopers anyone? I’ll have to see a video before I can really make any kind of opinion on it.

Stoffinator said:

August 26th, 2:21 pm

You guys were watching Starship Troopers when you thought of this weren’t you? ;-]

Netweb said: