PS4-The Order

Set Your Alarm: PAX PlayStation.Blog Meet-up Details

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Aug 26, 2008 // Sr. Social Media Manager

In just 3 days, the gaming hordes will descend upon Seattle for the 5th annual Penny Arcade Expo. This year’s event, like every PAX to date, will be larger than the one before it. So to survive among your 40,000+ fellow attendees during the 17-hour Saturday, you’re going to need… caffeine and sugar.

Top Pot Doughnuts

That’s where we come in, dear PlayStation.Blog reader. From 8:30-10:30am on Saturday, August 30th, we’ll be camped out at the nearby Top Pot Doughnuts (5th Ave location). We’ve got the 2nd floor of this Seattle standard locked down for PlayStation fans, and the coffee and donuts will be flowing freely. That’s meant both figuratively and literally – we’re picking up the tab. As those who attended our last meet-up can attest, there’ll be more than just free food; we’ll be handing out swag and running another competition – so make sure to charge up your PSP.

We’d love to meet you, and we’ll still get you out the door and on your way for a full day of PAXness (the doors open at 10am). If you’d like to attend, please RSVP on our Facebook event page or, if you don’t have Facebook (for shame!), please feel free to drop us a line here.

And when you get to the Convention Center, make sure to drop by our booth, where you’ll be able to go hands-on with LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2, SOCOM Confrontation, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, Resistance Retribution, SingStar, Buzz Quiz TV and more. Stay tuned, we’ll share our full schedule of events tomorrow on the Blog.

PAGE 1 2

+ ur_not_ready on August 26th, 2008 at 4:55 pm said:

sweet

+ onisat on August 26th, 2008 at 4:57 pm said:

sounds good wish I could be there. Any chance that you guys will be doing anything in connecticut. Hope everyone has a good time thought.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 26th, 2008 at 8:07 pm said:

Hmm, maybe NYC down the line. That\’s not far…

+ ryuk on August 26th, 2008 at 4:57 pm said:

Awsome Sounds Good!!

P.S. JEFF YOU RULE!!

+ PirateThom on August 26th, 2008 at 4:58 pm said:

facepalm @ born4soccer.

Anyway, have fun everyone, try and get hands on with SingStar. YOU KNOW YOU LOVE IT!

+ Stinkin Mushroom on August 26th, 2008 at 4:59 pm said:

@ born4soccer: No you’re not first… and stop that already

@Sony : When can we expect more news on: Life with Playstation, Home Beta invitations, Nariko-LBP, FW2.5?

+ Fersis on August 26th, 2008 at 5:02 pm said:

@2 born4soccer
oh well…
Those things (Top Por Doughnuts) look really yummy yum.

Jeff if someday you come to Argentina , i will teach you the joy of :
‘Churros con dulce de leche’
:D
cheers man

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 26th, 2008 at 8:08 pm said:

I do love a good churro…

+ ryuk on August 26th, 2008 at 5:06 pm said:

@6
mhhhh churros con dulce de leche!

+ X1rtam on August 26th, 2008 at 5:07 pm said:

Damn Jeff that job of yours sure does get you to do some fun stuff… If I had some money I’d more than gladly make it up to PAX, but alas my second college year just started yesterday so it’s back to being broke!

+ ftwrthtx on August 26th, 2008 at 5:07 pm said:

You need to hold events like this in Northern California, not up there in the wetlands of Washington.

I wish I could be there.

Thx for the info though.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 26th, 2008 at 8:08 pm said:

We have plenty of events in San Francisco!!

+ sunstrike on August 26th, 2008 at 5:09 pm said:

i will be there for sure

+ ryles on August 26th, 2008 at 5:10 pm said:

i hate florida, we never get anything cool

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 26th, 2008 at 8:08 pm said:

Don\’t speak so fast. We\’re currently evaluating a Florida meetup, based on comments we received here last week.

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on August 26th, 2008 at 5:10 pm said:

Have fun guys and gals! REMEMBER EAST COAST NEXT TIME!

ATLANTA WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

+ C-h-a-o-s on August 26th, 2008 at 5:13 pm said:

Dang free doughnuts, does it get any better than that? It sure does, the sad thing is it’s on the west coast :(.

+ FrozoneUSMC on August 26th, 2008 at 5:14 pm said:

Sounds cool, but a gaming conference or expo in NYC would be nice.

+ 001 on August 26th, 2008 at 5:15 pm said:

WANT DONUTS

I live in chicago though :( I wanna go to pax. BRING SOMETHING TO CHICAGO. At least bring the little Playstation bus thing.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 26th, 2008 at 8:09 pm said:

The truck was there for Lollapalooza just last month.

+ whiteboykyle on August 26th, 2008 at 5:18 pm said:

Mmmmm doughnuts, too bad I won’t be able to attend though, but is there any chance of there being any thing new coming from PAX?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 26th, 2008 at 8:10 pm said:

PAX is less of a venue for announcements, and more for gamers to finally get hands on with the games you\’ve been reading/hearing about from at E3/Leipzig.

+ kspraydad on August 26th, 2008 at 5:20 pm said:

MMMMMM….In game DNTS!

+ eric1018 on August 26th, 2008 at 5:30 pm said:

Any update on the next firmware???? :)

Also, I like the donuts! ;)

+ chip5541 on August 26th, 2008 at 5:35 pm said:

You really need to bring some shows to Orlando. First we have a massive convention center. Second Orlando has more than enough rooms and quality hotels to host the show (JW Marriott is awesome). Third we have allot of other entertainment when not in the show and all is pretty centrally located.

So, please come to Florida.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 26th, 2008 at 8:10 pm said:

Talk to the PAX people! We\’re just attendees at their awesome show.

+ stennex on August 26th, 2008 at 5:40 pm said:

MMMMMM. Delicious. Hope the games will be the same.

+ Al2x on August 26th, 2008 at 5:57 pm said:

For all those Resist2 ARG fans out there:

- A letter on PA.com’s homepage reveals that an event will occur on December 15 (August 29th in real life) in Seattle.
- The exact location that the document charters is the convention center where the Penny Arcade Expo will be taking place (August 29-31), hinting at a reveal during the SCEA conference.

BTW, Jeff, hook us East coasters up with a convention in NY! I would love to throw down to some HSG PSP with you guys! We can meet up at Dunkin’ Donuts :P

+ Pinoy04 on August 26th, 2008 at 6:04 pm said:

mmmm free donuts and coffee? Nice!! too bad I can’t attend lol.

I’ve seen the Sony truck’s here in texas on Fort Hood Texas. By any chance, will you guys be here in Austin? for a gaming convention.

Would be NICE!

+ tails-4 on August 26th, 2008 at 6:16 pm said:

If only they had something like this in Australia.

+ THE_TERRORIZER on August 26th, 2008 at 6:19 pm said:

………wha….oh sorry, never got around to reading this post, just got caught in a gaze over those pastries…..i will read it, though……eventually……

+ THE_TERRORIZER on August 26th, 2008 at 6:22 pm said:

ok….i finally read it……
PLEASE come to SOUTHERN VIRGINIA
there are thousands of pure gaming dudes over here that would love to attend that. We got starbucks, coldstone, mexican restaurants, buffalo wild wings…..all the places you guys could want. My hometown of Danville VA needs something like that.

+ Traveler1990 on August 26th, 2008 at 6:32 pm said:

arggggg SONY COME TO NEW YORK CITY!!!

+ Jeigh on August 26th, 2008 at 6:44 pm said:

Aw, such a shame. I actually am within driving distance of this thing, but I have pretty much no disposable income on top of the fact that I’d die sitting in a line like what I’d see at PAX. I look forward to hearing from this event and hope all enjoy that attend enjoy it.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 26th, 2008 at 8:13 pm said:

Jeigh, it\’s free. Free, I tell you!

+ Aaron on August 26th, 2008 at 6:49 pm said:

hhmm…..donuts……. Man I wish I could go.

Jeff any plans for a meetup in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_Michigan ) :D

+ aaquib2 on August 26th, 2008 at 7:07 pm said:

Sounds fantastic! I wish I could be there :(

Have fun guys!

+ mza49311 on August 26th, 2008 at 7:12 pm said:

Someday I’ll get to go to an event and maybe then there’ll be a get together! Sounds like a blast! Live it up for me and get all the swag ya can get fellow gamers!

+ Stallone on August 26th, 2008 at 7:17 pm said:

I wish I could make it to these things but I’m too young :( .

Although young, I run a kick ass blog!

check it out!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 26th, 2008 at 8:14 pm said:

Bring a parent, you\’re both welcome to attend. People over 18 love donuts. I know this.

+ Charliesdad on August 26th, 2008 at 7:52 pm said:

Hey, are you going to be giving out any PAX passes for those who are nearby but haven’t had the bread to pony up for the convention? :-)

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 26th, 2008 at 8:14 pm said:

No, we weren\’t gifted any to give out, but we\’ll have other things for lucky attendees.

+ Jeigh on August 26th, 2008 at 8:20 pm said:

Well, looks like you got your work cut out for you, Jeff. You have to somehow have a convention in South Virginia, Florida, New York, and about seven other states while not spending millions… :S Good luck with that. XD

+ Voozi on August 26th, 2008 at 8:21 pm said:

I want free donuts and coffee =( but I’m far away over at the Jersey shore T_T

The closest thing I got to seeing Sony here was that truck that was at Bamboozle but wasn’t really interesting though tbh only games they had there were Singstar PS3 and some other one which wasn’t anything “big” like LBP, Socom, etc

So yea Sony step it up here on the east coast! =D

+ gold5225 on August 26th, 2008 at 8:59 pm said:

Hey Jeff i know NYC is pretty close too me but not really cause 7 hours is pretty far and ive neever been there before but do you guys think that mabye there might eventually be a meetup somewhere around Buffalo New York? Come on we got some good sports teams itll be a good time for everyone if you do i gotta get myself a PSP then so i can fit in at these meet-ups thanks for reading and can you please respond. :)

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 27th, 2008 at 9:25 am said:

How about this – anywhere I ever go on business, we\’ll at least consider doing a meetup… ok?

+ mendezgato on August 26th, 2008 at 9:10 pm said:

what about texas Jeff, you allways be wellcome in houston, please

+ wolverine81 on August 26th, 2008 at 9:24 pm said:

What about Texas? We could use some love. :)

+ Stallone on August 26th, 2008 at 9:29 pm said:

@Jeff “Bring a parent, you’re both welcome to attend. People over 18 love donuts. I know this.”

Hey man, I wish I could, but it’s not that easy haha. I live in Canada, so getting my parent to fly out to Seattle is no easy task haha!

Maybe if you guys come down to Toronto for some kind of an event, you will definitely see me there!

I sent you an email at your Playstation e-mail adress, I hope you get to see it my friend. Thank you!

~ Stallone1993

+ bizsnatch9 on August 26th, 2008 at 9:50 pm said:

Email sent..I’m in…ummmm….BEAR CLAW & lots of java ;)

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 27th, 2008 at 9:26 am said:

Good, see you there.

+ Stallone on August 26th, 2008 at 9:55 pm said:

Nope, something else bizsnatch haha.

+ Stallone on August 26th, 2008 at 10:05 pm said:

BTW @JEFF

Let me know if I should contact you at another/different e-mail. I hope I contacted you at the right one YIKES!

+ ftwrthtx on August 26th, 2008 at 10:20 pm said:

@Jeff

Big thanks to all of your responses to the comments. Not all of the users that post articles to the blog do that.

As for events in SF, I’m only 90 minutes away but I can never make an event there. That’s my bad though.

+ The_Vandelizer on August 26th, 2008 at 10:22 pm said:

what part of NYC.. ill be there…??????????

+ Ghostm on August 26th, 2008 at 10:29 pm said:

Anything in NYC and I’m there!!!

Thanks.

+ GAM3R_16 on August 26th, 2008 at 10:39 pm said:

Sweet!…. first time at a game convention!

+ misterslim on August 26th, 2008 at 11:23 pm said:

Cool, you took my suggestion for a breakfast meet-up.

Next suggestion: Release Wipeout HD in september.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 27th, 2008 at 9:27 am said:

Your breakfast idea was a good one. Now I\’ll have to pass your WipEout plan on to the producers :-)

+ Kenshin001 on August 27th, 2008 at 12:10 am said:

Will they be handing out PSN cards at Top Pot? Cause myself and thousands of PS3 owners would like to get their hands on them.

+ MidnightBlues on August 27th, 2008 at 3:34 am said:

Safeway carries donuts! Thats where I got mine that im eating right now…glazed…they don’t have any psn cards though..

+ MidnightBlues on August 27th, 2008 at 3:36 am said:

Also I have diabetes, so I hope you got something I can eat…maybe Ill just watch everyone else enjoy themselves like I always do..

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 27th, 2008 at 9:28 am said:

Maybe they have something sugar free? Order anything you want. Plus coffee should be good.

+ deanos on August 27th, 2008 at 4:15 am said:

should do this more often in europe as wel darn it

PAGE 1 2