Spider-Man PS4

Aug 29

Aug 29

PLAYSTATION Store Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi again! The weekend’s here – time for your weekly update of new movie & TV shows on the PLAYSTATION Store.

This week we’ve added new video content from the following television series:

• American Dad, Season 1
  • Ben 10: Alien Force, Season 1
  • Burn Notice, Season 1 & 2
  • Crime 360, Season 1
  • Futurama, Season 1 & 2
  • Galaxy Railways, Season 1
  • MADtv, Season 13
  • Rescue Me, Season 4
  • The First 48, Season 7
  • The Unit, Season 2
  • Til Death, Season 2
  • Xam’d: Lost Memories, Season 1

We’ve also added the following feature films to the Store:

• Alien 3

PSN Video Top 20 Movie Downloads

PSN Video Top 20 TV Downloads

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

TheHater said:

August 29th, 3:05 pm

Why don’t you guys allow us to buy entire anime season at a time? It annoying to buy one at a time

XxBigP123xX said:

August 29th, 3:06 pm

Well at least a descent movie is on top this week…there should be something like this for games(Top 10).

subbed said:

August 29th, 3:12 pm

More Futurama is always good for me!

Maverick_fox said:

August 29th, 3:15 pm

Nice update, but when can we mexicans get access to the videostore?

and about the PSN cards
I read that they will be out in blockbuster and 7-elven next month, but only in the US? or is it there any chances to see them in Mexico? ’cause add founds to the virtual wallet is a pain (the psn don’t acept my mexican visa).

Money1 said:

August 29th, 3:15 pm

Xam’d rocks. still waiting on boondocks

Ratchet3 said:

August 29th, 3:15 pm

put tekken 3 and mortal kombat trilogy on psn mortal kombat 2, and tekken 5 sold a lot on psn

Ratchet3 said:

August 29th, 3:16 pm

in the next update have the PSN IDs link up to each controller so more then one psn id can be logged in at once Ex: me and i my brother want to play warhawk i am using my username and he is using own so me and him can unlock trophies without one of us logging out

and be able to change your psn id name
THANKS

Ratchet3 said:

August 29th, 3:20 pm

erico316 said:

August 29th, 3:21 pm

um what about the devil may cry anime?

willacuz said:

August 29th, 3:21 pm

Is Sony working on setting up HD sound as well as picture for purchases and Rentals?

The prices are good, but without 5.1 + surround sound, it really takes away from what we should be getting for that price.

XBLA content comes with Surround.

FritoZ said:

August 29th, 3:23 pm

gotta say, the content of the store is improving by leaps and bounds!

Futurama, American Dad, Blade runner, Pee wee’s big adventure…NICE!

now if you guys would just lower the price to rent/buy or extend/loosen the rental policies, you’ll have a winner..

but until then…

so just let us view our rented movies as much as we want in our rental period! or just charge on flat monthly fee and let us view as much as we want as often as we want…unlimited!!!! like, you can only have one/two movie/ies at time, but you can watch em as many times as you want, and when you “return” those, you can immediately download more!!

thanks for listening!

Ratchet3 said:

August 29th, 3:24 pm

sorry for the posts

theownerz said:

August 29th, 3:32 pm

looks good this week

KazeEternal said:

August 29th, 3:38 pm

Grace are you guys ever going to sell full season packages on the PSN?

I’d love to grab the entire first Season of Burn Notice all at once for a price of say 18 to 20 dollars.

Animes and other shows as well, these are great for PSP. However considering the number of episodes and price vs DVD you guys need to compete. Not like gas prices are so bad that I can’t make a 10 minute drive to Best Buy and still pay less for SD video.

darkiewonder said:

August 29th, 3:40 pm

I have a question for Xam’d. Great show. when the season is over will you guys actually will have buy the episodes?

subbed said:

August 29th, 3:42 pm

Oh and I fully agree with willacuz. Please add at least 5.1 surrond on downloads. Hell make it an option if you dont care download the smaller stereo only file I dont care.

SuperSonic1305 said:

August 29th, 3:44 pm

Canada is angry

Money1 said:

August 29th, 3:48 pm

didnt read the movie list, now I did…will def be downloading saw as it is the best out of the four

Maverick_fox said:

August 29th, 3:49 pm

@16

At least you can select your own country on the PSN, Mexico isn’t even listed.

outkast32 said:

August 29th, 3:50 pm

hi, can u give us info on the more important stuff though. like the home beta extension *promised at the end of the month
or when the ACTUAL RELEASE DATE is for LWP???

MegaClank said:

August 29th, 3:50 pm

I love how Xam’d owns the Top 20 Downloads List every week. I need to buy those episodes, as soon as Season 1 is bundled. XD

Ebisch said:

August 29th, 4:00 pm

I say this everyweek but… WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL WATCHING MEET THE SPARTANS!

FritoZ said:

August 29th, 4:01 pm

@16 SuperSonic1305

well actually saskatchewan is mighty peeved, minnetoba is ticked off ay, and quebec is fâché!

sorry, i just like saying “saskatchewan”

no offence meant, it just seemed such a weird and offbeat statement.

i understand you want the video store up north, and i bet they are working on it…

i heard there is a new streaming app for Windows that allows Netflix streamed movies on your PS3…maybe that will help you!

peace

decimalator said:

August 29th, 4:02 pm

Sadly, I’m never going to use the service. I’m not going to spend money for something that I can’t use on any system I have. DRM is a bad, bad, bad idea. I would use the movie store if I had more control over the content that I purchased.

PSPsGTghOost said:

August 29th, 4:04 pm

Any news of this movie, tv store coming to Canada’s PSN anytime soon?

C-h-a-o-s said:

August 29th, 4:06 pm

Nice to see a somewhat decent list of the top 10.

MidnightBlues said:

August 29th, 4:07 pm

Futurama is pretty sweet! im bored with season 1 so im glad season 2 is here finally.

Zorox said:

August 29th, 4:12 pm

Could you guys offer more anime with Japanese voices and subtitle?

woozie said:

August 29th, 4:15 pm

Futurama! Yes! Oh how about making the “video” button on the store more noticeable?

SteveW62 said:

August 29th, 4:24 pm

Great list. I hope you we can eventually buy tv shows by the entire season. I’d buy Burn Notice, but not until I can get it without buying each individual show.

harlemzkid said:

August 29th, 4:29 pm

i want to buy Xam’d: Lost Memories and not just rent it.. also can we keep what we buy?

crystalx3d said:

August 29th, 4:29 pm

@23
I hate DRM as much as the next guy, but unfortunately, it’s a fact of life. At least in the movie/tv industry. The music industry is starting to become more open to selling songs without DRM (itunes-plus) or even giving it for free. This is partly because music content is made by individuals or small groups of people, so they have more control over how their music is sold. Movies on the other hand are made by hundreds of people and the content is owned by huge studios, studios who are very paranoid about piracy.

The short story: If Sony tried to sell movies and tv shows on the store without some sort of DRM comparable to what is being used on the other online stores (XBLMP, itunes, amazon unbox, etc.) then it wouldn’t be able to partner with any movie studios to sell their movies. There would be no content on the movie store to choose from. So you see, sony has less control over this than you might think.

lightweaponx said:

August 29th, 4:32 pm

BURN NOTICE AND FUTURAMA! Awesome Sony that [DELETED] rules. I just asked for both these last update.

crystalx3d said:

August 29th, 4:36 pm

As of now, the only way I know of to get DRM-free movie content is to either:
Rip from DVD (which is border-line illegal since it involves breaking DVD encryption)
Or to record an atsc video stream of a movie/show (assuming there is no content flag that prevents this) and edit out the commercials. Of course, until Feb 2009, you can record an analog ntsc show but then the quality wouldn’t be very good.

hife said:

August 29th, 4:47 pm

I’m looking, but I don’t see Next Avengers. What’s the deal?

rAdIOhEaD73 said:

August 29th, 4:50 pm

Cool I am going to buy all this right now!, wait a minute, I don’t see the video tab on my PSN!, oh I remembered I am in Canada!!!!
You know what SONY?, I don’t mind getting the video store later than in the States, what really bothers me is your TOTAL SILENCE AND LACK OF AN OFFICIAL RESPOND of when can we expect the video store in Canada, for god’s sake, even Europe and Japan have a time frame…
Good Job SONY!!!!!!

leafs_fan said:

August 29th, 4:52 pm

Is Canada going to be getting the Video Store any time soon?

fusen said:

August 29th, 5:02 pm

Please try to bring Monk, Psych, Burn Notice from USA Network to PS Store.

fusen said:

August 29th, 5:24 pm

^

Oops… You guys have Burn Notice after all.

duskywolf50 said:

August 29th, 5:35 pm

This is ridiculous cause they do not give a damn about us. I really want watch shows or movies from Playstation Store but there no subtitle included and I am deaf and I cannot enjoy it. they are big time neglect and all want your money not thoughtful. Sony is LOSER.

elfhunter said:

August 29th, 5:38 pm

And the update for Canada is….??????

Informed gamers are happy gamers!!

X820 said:

August 29th, 5:40 pm

Canada? When?

cmargary said:

August 29th, 5:57 pm

@38

many digital downloads movies doesn’t offer captions but sony need to be different because be honest… isn’t the best video download even on a console (at least the ps3 have a better store layout).

We, deaf people ( I’m just a little, not completely) really wants captions or subtitles.

ant is a anthole said:

August 29th, 5:58 pm

Will you ever be able to purchase X’amd? I don’t really wanna purchase a one day rental for 3.99 per episode but I will pick it up day one if you have it for purchase. Here’s to hoping Sony picks up more anime shows, keep up the good work!!

SILV3R_ said:

August 29th, 6:14 pm

Playstation Blog lists the Store Video Update.

Question: How about SingStar store update list?
Why not list the update here?

saliwok said:

August 29th, 6:28 pm

Hey – still waiting in Canada.

C’mon, Sony….

Money1 said:

August 29th, 6:30 pm

to deaf people, try getting a hearing aid

to canadians….don’t know what to tell ya

blkant said:

August 29th, 6:43 pm

Where is the rest of futurama SERIOUSLY?!?!?

kspraydad said:

August 29th, 6:45 pm

To all Canadians (I am one).

1. NO download delivery service has every launched in Canada and the US at the same time. If you wish to have a concept of how long it might take SONY take a look at iTunes.

2. The VAST majority of Canadians are stuck with usage caps of 60GB before they pay even more per GB. A DL Movie store sounds awesome but until we have more ISP competition it is going to be any expensive rental / purchase.

3. Grace…please address SOME questions each week…pages and pages of commentary without even an acknowledgement that you ‘might’ be listening is not good PR.

NewYork214 said:

August 29th, 7:36 pm

finally some USA shows. just need monk,psych, and In Plain sight. and get some HBO and Showtime shows

PAGE 1 2