PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Penny Arcade Expo 08: Insomniac Interview

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Sep 02, 2008 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Last Friday I opened up the floor to questions: If you could go to PAX, what would you ask Insomniac about Resistance 2? I jotted your questions down on a sheet, and posed them to Insomniac‘s Bryan Intihar on the show floor. Here’s the video of our conversation, uncut and commercial free!

If Bryan looks to be in a good mood, he had just wrapped up an interview with Morgan Webb. I’d imagine I’m a bit of a letdown after that…

Thanks to Bryan and Insomniac Games. We’ll have more video from the show floor tomorrow.

PAGE 1 2

+ Stallone on September 2nd, 2008 at 2:33 pm said:

w00t good interview Jeff! I posted it up on my blog BTW ~

Feedonps3.com

+ ashground on September 2nd, 2008 at 2:33 pm said:

Uncut, commercial free, and… still unavailable in Canada. Frustrated as always.

+ EViD on September 2nd, 2008 at 2:35 pm said:

Thanks for the post. This was actually sooner than I thought. You guys are on fire today.

+ Jeigh on September 2nd, 2008 at 2:37 pm said:

Aw. Wish I’d thought to ask more questions like the first one! I only thought about what I’d like to know about the game, not the developers.

Bryan Intihar has been sort of an interesting character development to hear from throughout the production of R2 since he’s the ‘new kid on the block’ so to speak. Thanks for the vid, Jeff! Can’t wait to hear the answers to my questions on inFamous! :D

+ BZKlint on September 2nd, 2008 at 2:37 pm said:

Really looking forward to R2 :)

Too bad I couldn’t get my question in on time though :(

+ darkwing_uop on September 2nd, 2008 at 2:40 pm said:

Nice interview!

+ TFHAppo on September 2nd, 2008 at 2:41 pm said:

Nice interview!

+ PirateThom on September 2nd, 2008 at 2:44 pm said:

Thanks for asking my question, he likes Metal Gear, he’s good in my books. :P

+ THATPSPGUY on September 2nd, 2008 at 2:44 pm said:

A real great interview and available here in newfoundland Canada, me thinks the other Canuck here needs a upgrade. Anyways great interview but why is the video so choppy?

+ Jeigh on September 2nd, 2008 at 2:45 pm said:

Hehe. Looking at it again, it seemed as though he was quite nervous (maybe a little agitated too). Clearly very excited too- you could barely shoot off your questions before he got the answer rolling! XD

Love it.

+ BZKlint on September 2nd, 2008 at 2:47 pm said:

Oh yeah, forgot to ask you how was Resistance: Retribution? I don’t have a PSP, but I’m a big Resistance fan and this might be the seller! (especially with PSP-3000 now a reality) :D

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 2nd, 2008 at 3:41 pm said:

We\’ll have more on that game this week, it\’s cleverly handled.

+ Captain Fury on September 2nd, 2008 at 2:48 pm said:

@10

hes just surprise Jeff doesnt look like Sly in real Life :)

+ DaWolf619 on September 2nd, 2008 at 2:50 pm said:

Fragile Eagle once again lands on the PSBlog. Great interview, just pre-ordered the R2:LE. That’s just an all around awesome deal.

+ ashground on September 2nd, 2008 at 2:53 pm said:

No videos on this blog have ever worked for me in Manitoba, on any computer, in any browser, at any location.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 2nd, 2008 at 3:41 pm said:

I can assure you that they\’re not region locked or anything…

+ Prezhulio on September 2nd, 2008 at 2:56 pm said:

Thanks for asking some of the question, just wish more info could of come of it! I.E. why will they not mention any specifics about split screen.

Looking forward to your other interviews!

+ wocyob on September 2nd, 2008 at 2:56 pm said:

awesome cant wait!… this game is going to be epic

+ THATPSPGUY on September 2nd, 2008 at 2:56 pm said:

Dunno dude, call your local net provider and harsh on em in a big way. Are you on dial up? Maybe they have put a cap on your bandwidth? i dunno, here’s hoping that it all gets sorted out for you. I just wish that they would YouTube the videos so that we can view ala PS3.
I mean why VIDDLER?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 2nd, 2008 at 3:43 pm said:

Viddler is just plain better quality than YouTube. When you\’re showing HD game footage, Viddler\’s closer to the real thing (but not quite there yet).

Joystiq has come to this same conclusion and is using them too, I\’ve noticed.

+ C-h-a-o-s on September 2nd, 2008 at 2:57 pm said:

lmao

“he had just wrapped up an interview with Morgan Webb. I’d imagine I’m a bit of a letdown after that…”

I’d imagine you’re right :D

+ reese on September 2nd, 2008 at 3:04 pm said:

nice video

+ willacuz on September 2nd, 2008 at 3:08 pm said:

Anyone remember the “amazing” technology that R2 was supposed to show off?

Jstevenson from Neogaf went on and on about it. What exactly was it?

+ SantanaClaus89 on September 2nd, 2008 at 3:09 pm said:

LOL

“I’m more than welcome to come back anytime”

How does he know that?

+ lifeRPGs on September 2nd, 2008 at 3:12 pm said:

jeff, how did you get to work at SCEA? what did you study? what’s your story?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 2nd, 2008 at 3:43 pm said:

Luck, mostly.

+ Fersis on September 2nd, 2008 at 3:12 pm said:

@20 willacuz
The game looks like it is fun , fun is better than any technology
(Yeah,sorry animation blending and procedural animation and textures)

+ Money1 on September 2nd, 2008 at 3:12 pm said:

WOOOOOH!!! I’m pumped for game, pumped for beta….I CANT RESIST!!! i soo want

+ 3D3 on September 2nd, 2008 at 3:12 pm said:

Always good to see an interview. :)

+ THATPSPGUY on September 2nd, 2008 at 3:19 pm said:

Hey ashground try the new google chrome browser.

+ Seanscythe2 on September 2nd, 2008 at 3:20 pm said:

jeff man why not ask the big question? Will there be splitscreen online? We expected that in the first one and was let down. This has been done on Haze and warhark not to mention other non-ps3 games. We really wanted to know this.

+ Tolkienfanatic on September 2nd, 2008 at 3:21 pm said:

FRAGILE EAGLE!!

+ Skreech2 on September 2nd, 2008 at 3:21 pm said:

@money1:25 Resist the Resistance!!

Wait.. does that mean you should slid into the temptation faster? I’m horribly confused now.. *Man falls down*
Ok that’s just surrealistic.

+ axenios on September 2nd, 2008 at 3:37 pm said:

Excellent Interview Jeff!

+ olivehehe_03 on September 2nd, 2008 at 3:48 pm said:

Noes! Missed my question. It’s something that I really want to know, I mean I bought COD4 only for the splitscreen multiplayer because I’d already beaten the campaign and played online multiplayer on PC. A bit disappointed that I don’t have an answer but it just means I’ll have to wait for reviews and previews and things to tell me before I jump into this one

+ stennex on September 2nd, 2008 at 3:54 pm said:

Woooohooooooo. Cannot wait for the game to be released. Jeff do you know exactly when the beta will be made available for Qore subscribers?

+ Stallone on September 2nd, 2008 at 4:06 pm said:

@Comments about Viddler,

FeedOnPS3 also uses Viddler for their videos. YouTube’s quality doesn’t compare to that of Viddler’s, and plus Viddler has a sleeker design and easier to access.

+ seph1r0th00 on September 2nd, 2008 at 4:16 pm said:

@Viddler comments,

I agree that Viddler is WAY better quality than YouTube, but this blog seriously needs to use PS3 compatible plug-ins. We should be able to view these from the PS3 browser!

Jeff, any info on making the videos on this blog viewable on the PS3? Be it a firmware update on the PS3 or using a compatible video player that PS3 already supports?

+ X1rtam on September 2nd, 2008 at 4:17 pm said:

Viddler used to break my computer. It would crash it on both Firefox and IE. Then I uninstalled webcamXP, and it works flawlessly now??? So viddler for whatever reason needs access to my webcams and that crashes due to changes made by webcamXP…So weird.

+ BZKlint on September 2nd, 2008 at 4:25 pm said:

@15

Maybe it’s your flash player. Could just need an update.

+ jqtaxpayer on September 2nd, 2008 at 4:41 pm said:

Just finished my first Resistance playthrough today, and I’m convinced. I’ll be picking up Resistance 2 later this year. Keep up the good work, guys!

+ outkast32 on September 2nd, 2008 at 4:41 pm said:

pixel junk monster trophies ever comming or no? please ask q games jeff.

thanks psb !!!

+ HJayZ91 on September 2nd, 2008 at 4:57 pm said:

Jeff, why do we have to manually sync in Trophies after we earn them, why can’t they be atomatically synced at the second that you unlock them, like Achievements on the 360, once you earn it, your friends can see it at the moment, they don’t have to exit out to the dashboard and sync them, why do we have to do that, I want my Trophies to be synced the moment that I unlock them without me doing it manually, I think all the other PS3 owners would want this too, please make this happen, I don’t want Trophies to be inferior to Achievements because their’s sync atomatically and we have to do it manually. next firmware update, thanks!!!!

+ nmc75 on September 2nd, 2008 at 5:07 pm said:

Thanks for asking my question about the learnings since R1, Ratchet & Clank: FTOD.

+ FritoZ on September 2nd, 2008 at 5:36 pm said:

nice interview, thanks for asking our questions-

though next time i think i’m going to ask key developers who they think they could take of the other developers in a one-on-one battle, be it ping-pong, push-ups, or fisticuffs, i like it when developers can also have fun and relax and maybe even talk some trash….

i.e. ted price, evan wells, travis williams, Hideo Kojima, cliff blezinski, peter moleneux, dennis dyak, Tomonobu Itagaki, Shigeru Miyamoto, etc. etc…

you know, those “outspoken” few..

keep that in mind on your next interview…

j/k

tho i bet some of the developers WOULD openly boast they could take Uwe Boll for what he has done to their games!

+ mrnagy88 on September 2nd, 2008 at 6:09 pm said:

I can confirm it’s not region locked, I’m in Toronto and watching it fine.
probably just over-load :-p

+ NewYork214 on September 2nd, 2008 at 6:32 pm said:

cant watch damn videos on my laptop anymore. sound slows down a lot making them sound like robots and it makes the video slow down also. have to pause a lot to make it go back to normal.no clue whats wrong with this laptop.

guess im goin to have to watch this on PS3 tomorrow since i could only see the first 20 seconds.

+ kiros on September 2nd, 2008 at 6:45 pm said:

Can’t wait for R2! One concern I have is the ironsights. They look a little bit strange…I hope it turns out alright.
Keep it comming Insomniac!

+ THE_TERRORIZER on September 2nd, 2008 at 6:49 pm said:

that dude at the right is a bit of a blabbermouth…sounds like he was trying to cover up the fact that there are no major changes to online except the numbers, but i admit it sure beats cod4 with like 8 or 16 people games.
i cant wait for r2, im preordering the collecters addition

+ kiros on September 2nd, 2008 at 7:04 pm said:

@14
Where are you at in Manitoba? I’m an hour south of Winnipeg and they always work fine…

+ GGCAN on September 2nd, 2008 at 7:08 pm said:

Thanks for the post Jeff…sounds like good things coming for sure.

Keep up the good work. Love these Betas.

+ Zhi13 on September 2nd, 2008 at 7:14 pm said:

Nice interview

+ THATPSPGUY on September 2nd, 2008 at 7:26 pm said:

@viddler posts.
Jeff would it be possible to put the you tube link of the same videos right in the post, next to the tags or off to the right side bar? That way we can just pop it into a separate browser to view.
I’m also hoping to get lucky into a job with SCEA, they keep sending me positions to apply for. Jeff knows what I really want. ;)

PAGE 1 2