Driveclub

Penny Arcade Expo 08: Insomniac Interview

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Sep 02, 2008 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Last Friday I opened up the floor to questions: If you could go to PAX, what would you ask Insomniac about Resistance 2? I jotted your questions down on a sheet, and posed them to Insomniac‘s Bryan Intihar on the show floor. Here’s the video of our conversation, uncut and commercial free!

If Bryan looks to be in a good mood, he had just wrapped up an interview with Morgan Webb. I’d imagine I’m a bit of a letdown after that…

Thanks to Bryan and Insomniac Games. We’ll have more video from the show floor tomorrow.

PAGE 1 2

+ MegaClank on September 2nd, 2008 at 7:38 pm said:

Great interview!

+ JiNN on September 2nd, 2008 at 7:40 pm said:

It would be cool if you could interview top Sony people from playstation to.

like asking them why SCEA PSN PSone Classics suck, and why we dont have classic RPG’s like the SCEJ PSN.
Since Sony shifted and tagged Microsoft to shift roles and get big on shooters and not RPG’s they can at least give us RPG’s on the U.S. PSN while we wait and hope.

oh wait i think im going to sneeze…”aahhh XENOGEARS!!” *sniff* thank you

+ Stoffinator on September 2nd, 2008 at 7:47 pm said:

Great interview Jeff.

You should be the sole host for the E3 and other events from now on. ;-]

+ mike223 on September 2nd, 2008 at 7:49 pm said:

i hate morgan webb… she so fake

+ cmargary on September 2nd, 2008 at 8:20 pm said:

Nice interview… I really want R2

Off topic… thanks SONY for the home invitation of today…

+ Bender Rodriguez on September 2nd, 2008 at 8:58 pm said:

Jeff, Morgan obviously has you beat in the looks department, but you have her beat in the gaming and the knowledge department.;)

+ lakaihigh on September 2nd, 2008 at 9:05 pm said:

sweet interview Jeff. Its great that you always brave the camera for us here on the blog. I would love to see more of these for the upcoming TGS. bring it on man. bring it. also… are you guys gonna post on here about the PSP wifi store and the new PS3 infrastructure mode?

cheers,
Lh

+ tr3pidation on September 2nd, 2008 at 9:39 pm said:

Would it be possible to get the links to the videos at the bottom of the post or something? I don’t live in Canada and have the problem. But I just tried in IE 6 and it’s not working in Firefox 3.0.1 for me. But Viddler itself does work, so it’d be nice so I don’t have to look on Viddler for the video you guys post. Thanks for your time. Have a great day.

+ gardea on September 2nd, 2008 at 9:46 pm said:

Looking forward to this game for both single player and multiplayer!

Btw Jeff, off-topic but you kind of look like my brother in that video still, except lighter…Anyway, nice interview! Keep them coming!

+ maxerus on September 2nd, 2008 at 9:56 pm said:

YEAH!!!!
Thanks for asking my question Jeff!
Now i cant wait for RFOM2 multiplayer!
Because if there’s one thing i love more then EXP it’s a EXP bar! Or any kind of real time EXP gauge for that matter.
Its the main reason i love MMO’s so much.
I LOVE TO GRIND!!!!!!

+ LeonBlade on September 2nd, 2008 at 10:13 pm said:

Good interview… I can’t load Vidler videos on my computer… because my computer sucks lol…

There should be some sort of update eventually for a better flash player for our PS3s guys so CALM DOWN ALREADY! Complaining isn’t going to help, and I want it just as bad as you guys.

+ lakaihigh on September 3rd, 2008 at 12:27 am said:

hijaker77 – go back to your bridge and do w/e it is that you bridge dwellers (trolls) do! this blog isn’t the place to vent the sad stories of your life including the whole bit about your wii lovin’ mom. I’ll stop now. Next time try to keep your posts relevant to the topic @ hand and you won’t get bashed with an EPIC fail.

sorry,
Lh

+ m0ntpython on September 3rd, 2008 at 2:07 am said:

The IG podcast is informative, fun and funny! I would like to hear more podcasts. How man more Resistances after part 3?

+ Daver on September 3rd, 2008 at 7:44 am said:

R2 will be great, i loved the 1st one i got my copy reserved, im not a big fan of limited edition tho, but this is too bad this is the cover i wanted for the regular edition :( anyway cant wait to play it

+ Scodo_Thope on September 3rd, 2008 at 7:45 am said:

Brian is way enthusiastic and why not he works for one of the coolest companies in North America!

Yes, Morgan is HOT!

SCEA looking to open a branch office in Dallas, I will be more than happy to participate in ANY way needed!

:P

+ rAdIOhEaD73 on September 3rd, 2008 at 9:39 am said:

We love you Fragile Eagle!!!

+ fadet0black on September 3rd, 2008 at 9:42 am said:

I fell asleep watching that interview Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

+ Onna76_NL on September 3rd, 2008 at 9:53 am said:

Since I have not much luck I’ll most likely never get to work at Sony :-P

+ TwinsDad on September 3rd, 2008 at 10:13 am said:

Thanks for the interview. I was talking to Brian and I didn’t know who he was. I played R2 for a few minutes and he brought over a shirt. Asked how i liked the game, said that FPS isn’t my bag. He was curious more to see what I think. So we discussed the game. Very nice guy.

@Mike223

Never met her have you? She is who she is, nothing fake about her, she’s a gamer. I can say I almost thought the same thing, until I met and talked with her.

+ BlackTooth93 on September 3rd, 2008 at 12:49 pm said:

awesome! berserks seem interesting, but you guys had me since you first mentioned a sequel ;)

+ kur0saki22 on September 3rd, 2008 at 1:35 pm said:

Nice interview. I am proud of what the developers are doing however playstation is really pissing me off.

1.LWP End of July…..Delayed End of August… today is September 3rd make your own conclusions.
2HOME
3.Playstation Network Cards- remember that? quite sure you don’t.
Can we finally get something from playstation that’s not delayed?

PAGE 1 2