PS4 - Destiny

Resistance 2 Collector’s Edition revealed plus new Public Beta info

James Stevenson's Avatar + Posted by James Stevenson on Sep 02, 2008 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Hey everyone, we’re very happy to share some news today about our upcoming collector’s edition version of Resistance 2, as well as shed some light on the long-anticipated Public Beta program.

R2 CE

First up: the collector’s edition – everyone at Insomniac and Sony is excited to be bringing this special edition of the game to participating retailers. You voted on the cover for the game disc inside the box, but what else will you get inside?

R2 CE

• Copy of Resistance 2 with special edition cover artwork selected by the fans
  • An exclusive Chimeran Hybrid action figure with Bullseye, created by DC Unlimited
  • A double-sided hard-cover Resistance 2 art book covering war-torn America from two unique perspectives
  • Exclusive in-game HVAP Wraith multiplayer weapon skin

The collector’s edition also contains a bonus DVD that includes:

• Exclusive behind the scenes video, “America Forever Lost”, chronicling the making of Resistance 2
  • Digital copy of Issue #0 of the Resistance comic book series published by Wildstorm.
  • A preview into the upcoming Resistance novel, “Resistance: The Gathering Storm” by science fiction author William Dietz.
  • “Shattered History” Resistance timeline movie– providing a story overview from the earliest days of the Chimera invasion to the beginning of Resistance 2.

It makes up what we think is a pretty cool package for fans of Resistance, and it will be available for $79.99. It is a limited release though, so I highly recommend you pre-order! This brings me to another point: the Public Beta.

We are excited to announce the Public Beta will begin in early October, and premier access to the beta can be obtained in North America by pre-ordering the game from a GameStop retail store or online at www.gamestop.com. In addition, Qore annual subscribers will receive premier access to the beta.

Now if you’d like to apply for the open access period of the public beta, you can visit http://beta.myresistance.net/apply. Folks that have purchased Qore Episode 3 will be given the beta during the open access period as well.

I know many of our friends outside of North America read this blog. Don’t worry! The plans for the Public Beta will be communicated on a more local level, but will generally involve pre-order and/or application programs.

That’s a lot of info for one blog post, and if you have questions, you can put them in the thread below and Bryan Intihar and I will be around to answer. Looking forward to fragging — I mean seeing — you online in October!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Lrgking on September 2nd, 2008 at 8:47 pm said:

ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG!!!!!!!
Im getting this as soon as I have the money!
haha.

+ Grouch on September 2nd, 2008 at 8:55 pm said:

I’m getting a little tired of companies making collector’s editions of games exclusive to certain retailers. I would really like to buy this awesome package, but I refuse to buy anything from Gamestop. Why not make this special pack available to all retailers and pretty much all Resistance fans?

+ r_ron20 on September 2nd, 2008 at 9:01 pm said:

is it in gamestop yet because i checked and i didnt find it

+ LeonBlade on September 2nd, 2008 at 9:49 pm said:

I have June, July, and August editions of Qore.
So, I have the Resistance 2 Beta.

When exactly can I download it? Is that the Friday after the public launches?

Like… the 12th or something right?
Or was that the SOCOM Confrontation Beta.
And whens that coming out.

+ kratos93 on September 2nd, 2008 at 9:50 pm said:

so if i now bought Qore ep. 3 will i get in the beta?

w/o pre-order or annual superscription just Qore ep. 3

+ Scottling on September 2nd, 2008 at 10:28 pm said:

Wow! Here I thought it was great that Resistance 2 comes out on my birthday, then they show this off! Scott == happy camper doesn’t even begin to cover it now! :)

+ Rufus_0ne on September 2nd, 2008 at 10:56 pm said:

Sweet

+ DantheMan_69 on September 3rd, 2008 at 12:59 am said:

hey i just have a question to ask you

i live in the UK and would so love to have this collectors edition i’m a big fan of R:FOM so i was wondering if the game would be any different from the uk version that will come out would i be able to play it offline and online ok.

can’t wait to play this PSN – DANTHEMAN121

+ m0ntpython on September 3rd, 2008 at 1:59 am said:

How will the new gamers effect the beta and the current beta tester? New modes or maps or anything?

+ Appleanche on September 3rd, 2008 at 2:19 am said:

Hey don’t the Chimera have yellow eyes?

+ qwilleran on September 3rd, 2008 at 5:14 am said:

i heard that you could only get it from amazon please tell me this isnt true James

+ omarkh92 on September 3rd, 2008 at 6:43 am said:

Will I get the Beta if I Buy Qore Episode 3 like 1 day before Beta release or like 1 day after Beta release or like any time when the Beta is going? how long is the Beta?

+ fadet0black on September 3rd, 2008 at 9:45 am said:

I haven’t played with action figures since I was little but my friend Ebay thinks its a good idea.

+ jgnyy32 on September 3rd, 2008 at 12:29 pm said:

I am going to reserve this when i get the money!!! I like how the books looks and the Chimera !! Cant wait for this game to come out and the beta!!

+ TheApprentice on September 3rd, 2008 at 12:55 pm said:

I’ve bought the first 3 episodes of Qore separately.
I figured I’ll be buying all episodes anyway…So I’ll be an annual subscriber when the new once comes out on Thursday..

But by doing so will I get into the premiere of the Resistance Beta/Socom Confrontation Beta?
Or am I already screwed from purchasing the Qore Resistance Beta Episode 3/Socom Beta Episode 1 separately?

+ TheHakku on September 3rd, 2008 at 2:47 pm said:

That’s actually the wraith skin you’ll be getting in-game in the bottom-right corner of that image. It’s not the bullseye, nor is it tangible. The chimera hybrid figure is holding a bullseye.

+ jj_ob on September 3rd, 2008 at 3:20 pm said:

I cannot wait to get the Chimera action figure.

+ NEJI64 on September 3rd, 2008 at 5:25 pm said:

am i the only one that went to getawarjob.com that had something to do with resistance 2.

+ DarkPlanet on September 3rd, 2008 at 6:04 pm said:

Collectors Edition lokks awesome.

+ DEADMANZOMBIE on September 4th, 2008 at 4:18 am said:

OMFG that looks so good, I’m a HUGE fan of RFOM and I can’t wait to own R2. OMFG this collector’s edition better come too Australia, as I buy every collector’s edition for games I want :):)

+ Chrisrahosiris on September 4th, 2008 at 5:01 am said:

I pre-ordered this yesterday. I love the added value that will be in the collector’s edition. Thank you for putting together such a nice offering. It’ll be great to get online and play co-op with my new official headset.

Great work as always Insomniac.

+ jorgiex on September 4th, 2008 at 8:12 am said:

Wow, don’t get mad at me but I never felt the need to buy anything Special Edition for my PS3. Mostly only for 360. But I love this series if not because of part one alone. I’m heading to my nearest pre-order location.
Sony is slowly pulling me from my dear 360..ouch it hurts but unavoidable..lol

+ mastra_1 on September 4th, 2008 at 9:26 am said:

can’t wait to pick it up

+ Soldedios on September 6th, 2008 at 9:34 pm said:

That is an awesome package.
What is in the picture in front of the DVD though?

+ Risingsun on September 7th, 2008 at 3:05 am said:

That figure looks fantastic. How many points of articulation does it have? Can i put it in cool poses?

+ packetjoe on September 7th, 2008 at 11:01 am said:

I just preordered my Resistance 2 on Sept 12 at my local Game Spot. The Package sure looks good. tnx Insomniac, keep up the good work , I sure enjoyed RFOM Packetjoe, said that

+ Metfanant on September 7th, 2008 at 6:01 pm said:

So Amazon.com is advertising a special Dr. Malikov multiplayer skin….is this available from everywhere, or just Amazon?

+ CowboyDan on September 7th, 2008 at 10:57 pm said:

I just upgraded my reservation at GameStop. I need something creepy to put on my desk to let me co-workers know I am a geek.

+ sgamerman on September 8th, 2008 at 6:35 pm said:

please reply,
I went and preordered it at gamestop and they said that they didnt have the beta code with them yet and that theyll send it to me by email but when?????? I need to know because i never look at my emails and lately ive been on my emails alot.

+ flakmagnet on September 9th, 2008 at 11:41 pm said:

“Will this be available in europe?

James Stevenson replied on September 2, 2008 at 10:09 am
SCEE did not opt to release this over there, pretty sure they don’t do collector’s editions in general due to the localization and costs extending from that.

Good news is that PS3 games are region-free, so if you have to have it, it’s only an import away.”

It’s a real shame as PS3 owners are often left in the dark in the UK and Europe as far as collectors editions are concerned. I’m going to import a copy of R2, I want that Hybrid sitting next to my Big Daddy and Altair.

Xbox owners get limited editions or collectors editions in the UK as much as the US, is there anyone in SCEE we could petition to get them to look at releasing future titles with collectors/limited editions?

+ MrBCut on September 11th, 2008 at 10:41 am said:

Hey Mr. Stevenson? How ya doin? I’m a big time Insomniac Fan and Resistance fan and you guys are an amazing development group. I had the pleasure of focus testing Resistance a long time ago at SCEA, Foster City (1st multiplayer winner EVER!) and I knew this was going to be the best FPS ever. Great job!

Anyway, I purchased Qore episode 3 for the Resistance 2 Beta invite and as of today I see it’s still not active. However, I am troubled by this response you made:

James Stevenson replied on September 2, 2008 at 10:04 am

Pre-orders will get in at the same time as Qore Subscribers.

Qore Episode 3 only purchasers will get in later.”

So what about people who register online? Does this mean they are ahead of me? I hope not. I can understand annual subscribers, but I “paid” for this invite, so I hope I reserved my spot.

Your response is more than welcome. :)

Thanks,

MrBCut

+ carby21 on September 11th, 2008 at 5:02 pm said:

Awsome i just pre-ordered it 2 minutes ago and i cant wait t’ill late sept for the beta!

+ Golden Kintaro on September 11th, 2008 at 6:21 pm said:

Now this looks to be a Collector’s Edition that’s worth its price. Can’t wait for the game!

+ RESISTANCEDUDE2 on September 11th, 2008 at 6:30 pm said:

I NEED THIS GAME ITS BETTER THAN GEARS OF WAR 1/2 XBOX360 COMBINED

+ carby21 on September 13th, 2008 at 2:35 pm said:

Yeah resistance dude guy rock on!

+ carby21 on September 13th, 2008 at 2:37 pm said:

do these count in our posting count for our PSU account?

+ carby21 on September 13th, 2008 at 2:49 pm said:

DOO doo doo

+ ps3luver132 on September 20th, 2008 at 8:53 pm said:

i pre ordrd the normal edition of resistance 2 but im going to see if i can switch it to the collectors edition!!
cant wait!!

+ Fliperdo on September 21st, 2008 at 7:52 pm said:

This will completely own all things xbox! im a fanboy. but ill be getting a collectors set and will enjoy every second. this game is surley going to be better than halo 3 and gears of war 2.

The Future Is Blu.

P.S. the beta is in america because thats where the game is based. comon sense ppl.

+ MrBCut on September 23rd, 2008 at 12:32 pm said:

…still no repsonse and my beta invite from Qore still does not work.

Getting a little worried over here.

MrBCut

+ Lanthus20 on September 29th, 2008 at 5:55 pm said:

Hey, how can I preorder this?

PAGE 1 2 3 4