Minecraft PS4

LittleBigPlanet: SackBoys in the Wild

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Sep 09, 2008 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

With little over a month until LittleBigPlanet hits store shelves, the SackBoys are “stuffed” with joy, because the fans have had so much fun the past few weeks. From Pre-order activity, LittleBigBillboards, LittleBigChallenge 003 (SackBoy costume contest) to tons of community activity on fansites everywhere, like Libipl.com & LittleBigPlanetGuide – it puts a big smile on SackBoys.

But how much do you really know about SackBoy? What type of environment do they live it? What can they do? What do they do? If these questions ever crossed your mind….”roll video”

Stay tuned for our next update…or just head to our LittleBigPlanet News Site.

120 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on September 9th, 2008 at 2:06 pm said:

YAY LBP FTW!

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on September 9th, 2008 at 2:07 pm said:

Can we please get In-Game MUSIC access when playing??? Don’t give people something to complain about when this can be the best game ever!

+ KoD7085 on September 9th, 2008 at 2:08 pm said:

Thanks for the update. I can’t wait to play this game.
As with the first post, LBP FTW!!!!

+ fatty65 on September 9th, 2008 at 2:11 pm said:

wow Nice vid. Cant wait to get this

+ Zhi13 on September 9th, 2008 at 2:11 pm said:

I cant wait for this game!

+ Money1 on September 9th, 2008 at 2:12 pm said:

Cant wait for this game, it’s a creative playground, I wish gamestop customers had ab option to choose what bonus they wanted, I wanna trade kratos in for nariko

+ EvoAnubis on September 9th, 2008 at 2:12 pm said:

I don’t give a crap what other peons whine about. This game is chock-full of 100% pure all-natural WIN, and there’s nothing anyone can do or say that will change that.

+ Jenovah on September 9th, 2008 at 2:12 pm said:

Brilliant!! Utterly brilliant.

+ eric1018 on September 9th, 2008 at 2:14 pm said:

OMG! That is 100% INCREDIBLE! What a game! This WILL be the best game ever! :)

+ Sentry on September 9th, 2008 at 2:14 pm said:

I can’t tell you how much I love LBP, and the marketing behind the game from the mini billboards, to the cute video ads, its just being pulled off excellently. This is one of those games that needs all the attention it can get, and deserves it. Hopefully it pays off.

PS- Stephen Fry FTW!

+ reinheart on September 9th, 2008 at 2:15 pm said:

…must buy this game…
Wife is like WTH is so good about this game!?

She don’t get it orz

+ Jenovah on September 9th, 2008 at 2:19 pm said:

Please put these up on the PSN store :)

+ thor on September 9th, 2008 at 2:19 pm said:

@11 – Stephen Fry??!?

+ XxBigP123xX on September 9th, 2008 at 2:20 pm said:

So awesome.

+ nmc75 on September 9th, 2008 at 2:20 pm said:

Game of the decade IMO. Can’t wait to create levels. In case anyone does not know, you can check out the LBP manual here: http://fp.scea.com/Content/games/BCUS-98148/manual/manual.pdf

+ Sentry on September 9th, 2008 at 2:27 pm said:

@thor (14)

Yeah, if im not mistaken that is his voice, as he is the voice actor in LBP. Here is the official manual for the game, he is in the credits I think. (if the link doesn’t show up just wait for it to get approved) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O5UIRYAN

I could be wrong, I guess I get british peoples voices messed up (without a face) lol, but im sure it’s him.

+ LouVelvet on September 9th, 2008 at 2:32 pm said:

Can you just put me in some kind of coma-like state until the release of this game? The anticipation is killing me!

Anyone know of any kind of beta testing going on for this game? And can a kind, humble individual (i.e. Me) become a part of it?

+ C-h-a-o-s on September 9th, 2008 at 2:33 pm said:

I would of gone with a different voice actor, seemed too much like a corny steve irwin knock off but that’s just me.

So is SackBoy going to be the new PlayStation mascot? I miss the old days when Crash was considered the PlayStation mascot. They had some great Crash Bandicoot commercials back then.

+ Daver on September 9th, 2008 at 2:33 pm said:

lolll This game is always putting a smile on my face. 1 month is so far away, but so near lol cant wait to play this game!

+ solidreid on September 9th, 2008 at 2:34 pm said:

This is going to be the BEST.GAME.EVER.™

+ Renck on September 9th, 2008 at 2:35 pm said:

Are you going to have a limited edition of this game with all the goodies included? That will represent a huge hit in sales!

+ BZKlint on September 9th, 2008 at 2:36 pm said:

I can’t wait for this game to come out! :D

Nice Steve Irwin parody, by the way ;)

+ lifeRPGs on September 9th, 2008 at 2:38 pm said:

Just a question: on the OPM (Official Playstation Magazine), you are offering codes to download the limited edition Kratos Sackboy for LittleBigPlanet. And the magazine comes out on September 30th. Now why are you doing so a month prior to the game release? What’s the point? What not giving us the codes on the October issue of OPM?

+ blkant on September 9th, 2008 at 2:39 pm said:

Love it :D Though it makes me miss Steve Irwin :’(

+ Sentry on September 9th, 2008 at 2:39 pm said:

@Chaos (18)

I think people are REALLY mistaking the whole “Sackboy = Sony mascot” quote/topic. As shown at E3 with all those PS3 characters on the big screens (ie Nathan Hale, Drake, etc), Sackboy has been added to that ‘collection’ so to speak.

He is just now another character no different from Crash on PS1, or Ratchet on PS2, and so on. It’s nothing OFFICIAL as in PS3′s will now have Sackboy logos on them (sarcasm) but you know what im saying.. ;p

+ BlackRabbit on September 9th, 2008 at 2:43 pm said:

NA Release Date?

+ MegaClank on September 9th, 2008 at 2:48 pm said:

I love this game.

+ BahaFS on September 9th, 2008 at 2:49 pm said:

@6

Flash player upgrade is something that’s on Adobe’s (creator’s of flash player) plate not Sony’s. They have to license a higher version of flash player before we can see the ps3 browser’s flash player updated.

+ IceCold on September 9th, 2008 at 2:58 pm said:

This game needs to come out like Now! I can’t wait!

+ MidgetguyII on September 9th, 2008 at 3:00 pm said:

lol AWESOME!!!!

I’ve already reserved my copy, and I can’t wait to see what kinds of things people can come up with! (Let alone, showing off my amazing creative design skillz!) :p

This game is going to be big… or should I say “LittleBig”?

+ MrCamo on September 9th, 2008 at 3:08 pm said:

I cannot wait to make a level on this game, i am hoping to make the following three objects:
1) BMX bike (Jumps and ramps of course)
2) Jeep (Suspension is a must)
3) Old School Chopper (Easyrider anybody?)
Is there any support for Home? duh…
Is there any plan to revise the Rules so it takes more than one flag to kill a level? I can see a hater coming in and flagging levels for fun. He could easily create another user name to go out and flag with some more after he is banned from flagging. The kid who is out flaggin cool rooms will be named something cool like LittleBigReaper… Maybe allow for a room to be permanently allowed after it has been reviewed.

+ effeff on September 9th, 2008 at 3:08 pm said:

LittleBigChallenge 002 was amazing… i love the cover-skits by ffhnod on Flickr!

+ darkiewonder on September 9th, 2008 at 3:12 pm said:

Love Love LOVE the video!

+ Ghostm on September 9th, 2008 at 3:13 pm said:

AWESOME!!!

+ Pesico on September 9th, 2008 at 3:15 pm said:

Just fall more in love with this game for every video I watch of it.

+ C-h-a-o-s on September 9th, 2008 at 3:16 pm said:

@26

I wasn’t making an implication he was already, I was asking if he was going to be. I wanted to hear it from the horses mouth so to speak.

+ Kittonwy on September 9th, 2008 at 3:17 pm said:

That’s awesome. I’ve already pre-ordered it in full tho. >:|

+ jbat17 on September 9th, 2008 at 3:23 pm said:

very cool.. i’m totally sold to the concept of LBP.. Mm, you have my money

+ 3D3 on September 9th, 2008 at 3:25 pm said:

I’m just wondering, about the LBP E3 presentation, how did you guys put the covers of the greatest hits and the PS3′s? I’m sure you can’t do that with the PS Eye and with no HDD picture access, I don’t think we can. So was that an exclusive thing to the presentation? :(

+ perrandy on September 9th, 2008 at 3:26 pm said:

i dont want to sound negative here but this game sucks. i mean, whats the big appeal with this?? a little sackcloth creature doing stuff???i just hope i’m wrong and this doesnt flop big time like lair!

+ BZKlint on September 9th, 2008 at 3:31 pm said:

@40

I was wondering the same thing when i saw that :/

+ cell989 on September 9th, 2008 at 3:34 pm said:

CAn you please add custom in-game music, of all the games out there, this one suits it the best, it would be complete freedom, please let us listen to our own music please.

+ Stinkin Mushroom on September 9th, 2008 at 3:36 pm said:

Incredible Video!

Don’t forget LittleBigPlanetCentral.com ;)

+ tirminyl on September 9th, 2008 at 3:38 pm said:

Hey Mark, thanks for the update.

Although, LBP has a big online following, I hope that by mid October I can ask my little brother what Little Big Planet is. Why? This will tell me that Sony has been flooding potential buyers with TV commercials, and other various public ads. Sony has stated that Sackboy is their mascot, and that LBP is an important release in all markets. Well, let’s make this happen!

+ willacuz on September 9th, 2008 at 3:42 pm said:

This game is amazing, I cant wait..

!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Stinkin Mushroom on September 9th, 2008 at 3:42 pm said:

LBPCentral.com .. lol

+ xXoONiko_9OoXx on September 9th, 2008 at 3:46 pm said:

little big planet ROCKS

+ lb003g0676 on September 9th, 2008 at 3:47 pm said:

Holy crap this is just the game…

THE game.

It’s awesomeness defined in a package on a Blu-Ray.

+ Netweb on September 9th, 2008 at 3:53 pm said:

3 Things…

I Want my Lara Croft Sackgirl
I want liquids
I wourld know what have Protugal for bonus for pre order and else…

This game it’s more dirt than motorstorm, have more vengeance than Nariko, a lot of adventure to make jealous to Drake….. and lot of lot and more lote of fun than Warhawk…
And.. gonna be mine :D

+ B1GG1N on September 9th, 2008 at 4:24 pm said:

It has been a long time since I have looked forward to a game this much. Love the video.

PAGE 1 2 3