PS4 - Destiny

MotorStorm Pacific Rift Crosses the Finish Line October 28th

David Bull's Avatar + Posted by David Bull on Sep 11, 2008 // Associate Product Manager, SCEA

Hi Everyone! I’m happy to announce the official release date for MotorStorm Pacific Rift is October 28th, 2008.

MotorStorm Pacific Rift cover art

This time around, the MotorStorm races will take place on a tropical island set amongst the lush jungle, emerald lagoons and towering peaks in the Pacific Ocean. Why is this important? The original MotorStorm introduced us to some fantastic racing through the desert landscape of Monument Valley. Although we delivered some wild tracks and terrain, the desert is the desert. With the topical island setting, players will be able to experience a much broader range of environments and terrain.

As you already know, there are 8 vehicle classes to choose from, including the Monster Truck! For the first time, you and your friends will be able to race head-to-head in the new 4 player split-screen mode for some major racing mayhem. The 16 diverse multi-route tracks (double the amount from the first MotorStorm) feature real-time terrain deformation that ensures no two laps are the same. Did I mention Trophy support is included?

Head on over to GameStop and pre-order your copy today to receive the retailer-exclusive demo for MotorStorm Pacific Rift. Race against the computer or grab a buddy for some split-screen heart-pounding action on one of the exciting “Air” Tracks. More pre-order programs will be announced in the coming weeks.

95 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ jcasanova on September 11th, 2008 at 9:42 am said:

Motorstorm demo was really fun to play and the 4 player split-screen is something I’ve been looking for to play with my non-virtual friends. I’m not into racing games because lately all seem too complicated but this one looks very playable and fun.

I wish more 4 offline players games come in the future!!

+ Onna76_NL on September 11th, 2008 at 9:46 am said:

@Aranhahunter: “well except for that “Only on Playstation” and “Playstation Network” uglyness on top”

What the heck is that suppose to mean? Its an exclusive PS3 game and it has network abilities, so?

+ r-nice on September 11th, 2008 at 9:46 am said:

Good news, but why is Sony releasing three big titles in one month?

LittleBigPlanet, Socom Confrontation AND Motorstorm? Spread it out a little guys…

+ Jenovah on September 11th, 2008 at 9:51 am said:

Already Pre-Ordered :)

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on September 11th, 2008 at 9:53 am said:

@ 27 thanks for the info! I hope you’re right about In-Game XMB music!

The box art does look cheap! You need something that’s going to catch your eye!

+ OLDTIGER on September 11th, 2008 at 9:54 am said:

Wait, we need a annuel subscribe and pre-order the game to have the demo on the qore?? it’s a joke??

+ willacuz on September 11th, 2008 at 9:57 am said:

yay

+ Eeric on September 11th, 2008 at 9:59 am said:

Is the Qore demo region locked or something? I live in Sweden and since we don’t have Qore on the european server I paid for it on my american account, but I can’t download it yet even though it seems others are already playing it.

+ EViD on September 11th, 2008 at 10:08 am said:

The first MotorStorm is one of my favorite games on PS3. This one seems to address almost all my complains about the first. Which brings me to this question: does it include Replay? I had so many great moments in the first game and would have loved to save them and watch them again and again but I couldn’t. I hope I can in this one, can I?

+ Jenovah on September 11th, 2008 at 10:17 am said:

@57

No, They are different demo’s

There is a Qore Demo, and a retail specific pre-order demo. You can do either. Or just wait for the Qore demo to be free a week before the games release.

+ thingg on September 11th, 2008 at 10:18 am said:

this game is going to be awesome. definitely getting it. I really liked the first one, but the lack of an offline multiplayer mode kind of killed the fun. That won’t be a problem with this one…

btw, just out of curiosity, will this game support the XMB music player as well as the trophies? I’ll be getting it either way, but I would really like to be able to listen to my own music in game…

+ thingg on September 11th, 2008 at 10:20 am said:

@ the blog tech guys

the flickr pic is locked so we can’t see the larger sizes. You may want to talk to whoever’s been uploading (or unlocking?) the images in your photostream as this has been happening fairly frequently in recent posts…

+ LukaX23 on September 11th, 2008 at 10:21 am said:

Great box art! I’m definitively getting this game! :D Keep up the good work guys!

+ Stoffinator on September 11th, 2008 at 10:23 am said:

Honestly, this should of been one of the games moved to November. You guys have done a horrible job this fall in spreading your games out.

+ DooM on September 11th, 2008 at 10:34 am said:

i dont give a rats ass for Fable 2.. Molyneux Stinks. I do care about Motorstorm and will buy PR the first day it comes out in the Netherlands.

+ Dru1989 on September 11th, 2008 at 10:37 am said:

A “retailer-exclusive demo” for the same game you are pre-ordering. Oh boy I’m going to run right out my local gamestop and reserve a copy just for the “retailer-exclusive demo”…

NOT

How about making it worthwhile to pre-order.

+ Kenshin001 on September 11th, 2008 at 10:43 am said:

Great. Really looking forward to this. Will the servers be global this time or region locked like with Motorstorm?

+ zenprism on September 11th, 2008 at 11:06 am said:

We need a soundtrack release! I spent a lot of time tracking down the songs from Motorstorm 1, so if you guys could arrange some sort of soundtrack (even one just compiled from iTunes), that would rock.
Looking forward to the game!

+ MrCamo on September 11th, 2008 at 11:28 am said:

Any word on if there will be backwards runs on the tracks?

+ GGCAN on September 11th, 2008 at 11:28 am said:

This is another purchase for me.

When I purchased my 80 GB PS3 Motorstorm was the game that came with it and I had so much fun.

Sure hope this one is a good or better than the first.

+ OLDTIGER on September 11th, 2008 at 11:57 am said:

i pre-order the game and i have the annual subscription of the qore, et no demo… what i’m supposed to do?

+ nmc75 on September 11th, 2008 at 12:28 pm said:

@56 here’s the article from ign.com on custom soundtracks… and even a “Photon mode”! ;P

+ Wip3ou7 on September 11th, 2008 at 12:29 pm said:

Neat, this new MS is showing some promise (by the way why isnt it called Motorstorm 2?) Will my Logitech G25 wheel and shifter work with this game? Will the cars even have manual transmissions in this game or will be forced to drive automatic again? AND WHERE THE HELL IS WIPEOUT HD??????

+ moog on September 11th, 2008 at 12:29 pm said:

I’m confused. Is head to head only four players or can we do doubles?

Also, can we race online across regions? I was pretty peeved I couldn’t race friends in the UK from the US.

I hope we can chose our own music too, the first game’s tracks got pretty tedious very fast. I’d much rather listen to pumping Trance when racing.

+ chip14 on September 11th, 2008 at 12:43 pm said:

wasnt a fan of the first on
buying LBP and dead space instead

+ stew122 on September 11th, 2008 at 12:47 pm said:

will this have custom soundtracks??? :D

+ DevilHunterDante on September 11th, 2008 at 1:13 pm said:

Why the hell did they have to mess with the box art. That “only on playstation” i find pretty gross looking :/ oh well

+ RatchetFanatic on September 11th, 2008 at 1:32 pm said:

what’s with the Only on PlayStation logo? it’s ugly and are only for insecure companies who doubt the games’ success.

+ Daver on September 11th, 2008 at 1:35 pm said:

I have my copy reserved already… thats weird tho, a blog about motorstorm but nothing talking about the demo that is suppose to come out today…
I prefer the European boxart btw
Thats too bad that its not coming before 28th :(

Next year, Sony should try to put some games in september

+ Ajora on September 11th, 2008 at 2:08 pm said:

@ RatchetFanatic

I agree but nobody was complaining when Xbox only games got a big even uglier green “sticker” saying “Only on Xbox”…

Exclusive games aer very important these days…

BTW game looks great, I will pick it up fo sho.

+ MegaClank on September 11th, 2008 at 2:08 pm said:

Two days before my birthday, think you can work out a deal with me? xD

+ artofwar420 on September 11th, 2008 at 2:23 pm said:

I loved Motorstorm, even with its imperfections (graphics not being one of them), so this is really exciting, totally the game to get.

+ HaVoK_08 on September 11th, 2008 at 4:57 pm said:

The demo is an intense romp across the side of a mountain, i must say that the graphics have been turned up a notch, the vehicles have more detail, the sense of speed has gone up ALOT, i used to play MS 1 and it felt a little slow but this one really soars. i wish there would have been a online mode though, but if this is any indication of what MS:PR will be then i can’t wait!

+ Reese8732 on September 11th, 2008 at 4:59 pm said:

I’m glad they added splint-screen becuase my only complaint about the first was that I could not shut my wife up about she was better than me. Now I can put her claim to the test!!! Playstation 3 home of the real Spartans not those fake soldiers with guns on the other system.

+ PSPsGTghOost on September 11th, 2008 at 6:11 pm said:

Any Limited or Collector’s editions for the game?

+ Chaos_Bladez on September 11th, 2008 at 6:53 pm said:

This is like the only racer I like besides Burnout Paradise. Too bad I’m swamped this holiday season. :(

+ Subzero316 on September 11th, 2008 at 7:51 pm said:

cant wait to pick it up next month.

+ Kenjisan on September 12th, 2008 at 6:37 am said:

The demo was not that impressive. It’s really old code with a mountain track which doesn’t show the new elements like water or lava. No mud or terrain deformation either.
The gameplay is great, the game feels much more balanced than before, the IA is smarter and more credible so that’s enough reason to be excited about the game.
But graphics are clearly disapponting in the demo,many low res textures, bland lighting, colours are off.
So my impression is that the game will be great but this demo completely fails to hype it.

+ Ghostm on September 12th, 2008 at 7:10 am said:

Does Motor Storm 2 PR support Custom in-game music? After playing the enjoyable demo last night. The only complaint about the game was the music. I really don’t like the soundtrack.

Please tell me that this game have Custom in-game music.

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on September 12th, 2008 at 2:50 pm said:

What about Motorstorm on PSP?

Is it happening or not?

+ Stoffinator on September 12th, 2008 at 3:44 pm said:

I must say after playing the demo, the Bigfoot is pretty useless.

+ stewey on September 12th, 2008 at 3:58 pm said:

After playing the demo last night I have come to the conclusion that this is definitely a game that I will be getting!

+ weedchild on September 12th, 2008 at 7:24 pm said:

Does anyone else think the demo feels “clunky”? I am a big fan of the original, and this one feels jerky. Also, what’s up with the joystick only driving? I usually play with the sixaxis. I only have the qore demo. Does anyone have the gamestop version? Is it different? Can you use the sixaxis?

+ weedchild on September 12th, 2008 at 7:25 pm said:

Don’t get me wrong – I’m going to be buying the game the day it comes out.

+ dwanggsta on September 23rd, 2008 at 1:57 am said:

does anyone know if motorstorm 2 will support ANY driving wheels? this is crucial for me…

PAGE 1 2