PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

SOCOM: Confrontation Deploys for Qore Subscribers Tomorrow

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Sep 11, 2008 // Sr. Social Media Manager

What are you playing this weekend? If you’re a Qore subscriber, I’m confident that the SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation beta is in your plans. How do you get in? SOCOM.com just posted this nugget:

Greetings all Qore Episode 1 and Annual Customers,

We have some great news for you – the SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation public beta is scheduled to be available tomorrow afternoon (think 5:00 PM PST) to all that purchased Episode 01 of Qore and that became Qore Annual Subscribers as of Episode 01. Please note that you will not be able to download the SOCOM: Confrontation beta through the Episode 01 Download Center – you can only gain access by using the SOCOM: Confrontation Beta Promotion Code that is being emailed to you tomorrow.
Once you receive the email containing your Promotion Code:

* Go to the PLAYSTATION Network Icon on the PLAYSTATION3 XMB (XrossMediaBar)
*Select “Account Management”
* Select “Transaction Management”
* Choose “Redeem PLAYSTATION Network Card or Promotion Code”
* Enter the code (below)
* Click “Continue”

The download will be available on the next screen

Sound good? Keep an eye on your mailboxes.

459 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 10

+ Jizznpulp on September 11th, 2008 at 8:57 pm said:

Will they email the pass at midnight like the pre-order codes?

+ LeonBlade on September 11th, 2008 at 9:17 pm said:

Nooo!!!! 5PM!!!
That’s too late to wait :(
Oh well…

+ cmargary on September 12th, 2008 at 1:08 am said:

we test and they fix it… that’s why is beta lol… no really, people, try to remember the beta of warhawk…. warhawk in the beta was a mess, but really a mess and look what’s now.

+ Volomon on September 12th, 2008 at 1:52 am said:

The game is crap just to let everyone know.

+ WHAT on September 12th, 2008 at 3:42 am said:

I have not tried it yet. I canceled my reserve after the fly over on the blog. I’ll check it out later. The Year of PlayStation3, is now the Year of the Have and Have Not. This is how you take the air out of the sail folks.

+ GreyFoXX4 on September 12th, 2008 at 4:02 am said:

Yall are going to love it. It has everything that COD4 was missing. Such as tactical gameplay, community, competitive gameplay. Oh yea don’t forget your headset, just about 95% of the community uses them, something else that was missing in cod4 :) But make no mistakes about it Socom is a different beast, don’t go in expecting Cod4. Think like a Seal :)

+ PETEBOULE on September 12th, 2008 at 4:16 am said:

cool socom confrontation its a very nice game ^^

+ cerebud on September 12th, 2008 at 4:28 am said:

I really hate how I get these special ‘bonuses’ in Qore, and then I can’t access them. It really gives us the feeling that Qore is broken, seriously. I was excited to play the Motorstorm demo, and then oops, it’s not available. STOP BEING A TEASE SONY!!!

+ THATPSPGUY on September 12th, 2008 at 4:38 am said:

Great more LAG. They (/6) better fix the lag in this game otherwise they are going to have an Epic Fail on their hands and maybe even worse. Hey Jeff can you ask Seth Luisi to put me back on the socom blog. I’m half and half torn between buying this game or not. Some people were real jerks to me on that blog. One went so far as to look up my personal email addy and my facebook page and send me THREATS through there. DEMONIZER I hope you get banned because of that.

Do your job guys. Get the lag switchers out of OUR games.

+ narde15 on September 12th, 2008 at 6:03 am said:

what time are the e-mails going out?

+ neo_bahamut on September 12th, 2008 at 6:17 am said:

@60, 5PM PST.

+ se7enthsign-psn on September 12th, 2008 at 7:02 am said:

The whole point of the beta is to test the servers and get that stuff straightened out before the actual game hits. You should expect lag, framerate drops, and disconnects in the beta. That being said, if any of these issues are not resolved by the final game then Slant Six will have a HUGE problem.

SOCOM is one game you do NOT want to screw up.

+ scorpio on September 12th, 2008 at 7:09 am said:

AWESOME!! Can’t wait to play some SOCOM finally!!!!

+ Comatoes on September 12th, 2008 at 7:12 am said:

Wow… i’m so glad I have to pay to get access to demos and betas.

+ DrBingogh on September 12th, 2008 at 7:30 am said:

Bring it on! Weekend scheduled!

+ Scott3D on September 12th, 2008 at 7:31 am said:

Beating a dead horse here but its a beta. The only issues with this game are the latency issues, the game works perfectly fine.

Everyone ive talked to on the game loves it and says its their favorite online game on PS3 and I agree with them, it really is.

God help the morons who judge a game by a beta test.

+ TouchyEd on September 12th, 2008 at 7:43 am said:

Scott3D,

The only issues with the game are latency issues? WOW. You clearly haven’t been visiting the SOCOM forums. The laundry list of bugs and issues is massive.

+ sho_winter on September 12th, 2008 at 7:46 am said:

somebody got the code already?

+ prometheusufo on September 12th, 2008 at 7:48 am said:

I bet they’re doing this e-mail thing so that those of us who downloaded it free from PlayStation Magazine will be left out in the cold. No big deal to me though. I don’t really like these kinds of games anyway. :p

+ TouchyEd on September 12th, 2008 at 7:51 am said:

The whole e-mailing thing is just baffling. We’ve all had Episode 1 of Qore clogging our hard-drives for months, so why not use that as our access point? Or at least tell us four months ago that we could erase Episode 1 and still get access.

Can’t wait for all the “where’s my e-mail!!!” comments…

+ Violater on September 12th, 2008 at 7:59 am said:

I got the QORE annual subscription after episode 1, this really sucks.
I can’t help but feel cheated

+ bennibrasco on September 12th, 2008 at 8:54 am said:

Umm, Ive been playing it for about a week now… You bums are late and I cant wait to shoot each and everyone of you.
Does anybody know how many maps there are going to be for the final game?
I really hope they get the servers straightened out before they release it.

+ juanleche on September 12th, 2008 at 8:56 am said:

who do we call if we don’t get an email?

+ SolidDante805 on September 12th, 2008 at 10:09 am said:

The ghostbusters.

+ jaymc on September 12th, 2008 at 10:31 am said:

I’m with #71 above. We should have had this long ago, at least before some useless Gamestop shopper!
I also feel cheated!

+ BigRon3400 on September 12th, 2008 at 10:34 am said:

I can’t wait! SOCOM rocks!

+ willacuz on September 12th, 2008 at 10:40 am said:

Will there be more server support added with the addition of the QORE n00blets?

+ Noc Da Sniper on September 12th, 2008 at 10:43 am said:

no you get one code via email.. and YES whether you purchased a subscription or just the episode you still get into beta

+ vandam on September 12th, 2008 at 10:54 am said:

You mean I get an E-mail nice. Still never got that Home E-mail though. I guess I just keep checking every day. Since we got to quiet about Home shhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Checking your E-mail every day is not fun and half the time I don’t get any thing any way.

+ TypeF on September 12th, 2008 at 11:44 am said:

what time are we going to be receiving the email? because i haven’t received mine yet >.<

+ herb420 on September 12th, 2008 at 11:50 am said:

I hope mine comes to me all right. When I first activated my PS3 I used a BS Email, because I did not see any reason to use a real one.

When I heard we would get the resisance Beta through a mail, I quickly made one just for this and now I check it all the time.

It would suck to subscribe to qore for the Betas and then miss the one from the June issue. Also, why not use the download center? What is the point of the thing if it will never work? I feel this was not thought out very well.

+ GGCAN on September 12th, 2008 at 12:56 pm said:

They mentioned this should be available around 5 pm PST…..

It’s still earlier people, so give them a chance.

If you don’t have something the latest by tomorrow morning, then maybe worry, otherwise, keep checking your in-box.

I want to play just as much as everyone else, but patience does pay in the end.

+ Randell El on September 12th, 2008 at 1:05 pm said:

Hey, quick question, will ppl who recently just bought Qore still get into the beta? And I mean like just a minute ago… I haven’t bought it, that’s why I’m asking…

+ sabers210 on September 12th, 2008 at 1:39 pm said:

ahh, no actually it doesn’t sound good. It sounds stupid. the least thing you could have done was tell us earlier.

The biggest disregard for customers and fans I’ve ever seen. Socom is not getting of to a good start. Just because the game is good it doesn’t mean that you can do what ever you want without the approval of the customers and fans…..yeah you know the people that are making your paycheck possible.

+ un-discovered on September 12th, 2008 at 1:42 pm said:

Awww 8est is so late… I was expecting 6 or something

+ emoguy on September 12th, 2008 at 2:02 pm said:

i haven’t got my code yet?

+ LeonBlade on September 12th, 2008 at 2:02 pm said:

@85
I know!!! I live in NY so that means I gotta wait ALLLL night just for this Beta!!!

Oh and for all you people whining about if it’s for single Qore members read this…

“to all that purchased Episode 01 of Qore and that became Qore Annual Subscribers as of Episode 01″

The keyword in this passage is AND!
That means that it’s for people who purchased just the episode AND for the annual subscribers as of episode 1.

Got it now?
And please, don’t judge a game by it’s beta. If you do, you have no life and need to be shot (if you’re giving it negative reviews)

+ emoguy on September 12th, 2008 at 2:08 pm said:

no not really

+ srmej on September 12th, 2008 at 2:15 pm said:

5.15 no code yet

+ srmej on September 12th, 2008 at 2:17 pm said:

never mind

+ TheVesra on September 12th, 2008 at 2:26 pm said:

i do recall the socom people stating that the beta will be sharable, is that still the case? why the sudden switch from downloadable from qore to emails going out. i feel double cheated in the fact that preorders got it first even though they preordered after us qore purchasers already purchased qore, now i gotta wait until 5pm pst. being an est resident. thats a load of malarkey.

+ mirowenterprise on September 12th, 2008 at 2:34 pm said:

5:32 pm and still no fu*cking email with pass Qore was such a rip off with this Beta Bull Sh*t Thanks for the Reach around next time Ill just drop my pants and bend over.

+ enrichovega on September 12th, 2008 at 2:45 pm said:

Here’s my theory…

With the servers are already get’n slammed with just the pre-order beta testers, Slant6, after seeing the crazy # of QORE members decided to thin the herd by not allowing direct access through episode 1 via download. By sending invites via email they now can limit the stress caused and keep the beta from crashing hence operational.

Sucks for me really because I got episode 1 free from Playstation mag which I’m sure makes me and others like me first to feel Slant 6′s blade on the beta chopping blocks!

+ GGCAN on September 12th, 2008 at 2:48 pm said:

Hey, remember…Pacific time….

So for us out East, 5 pm PST is around 8 pm tonight…

+ Renck on September 12th, 2008 at 2:55 pm said:

Well, then we have to wait just a bit more = about 2 hours now (East Coast). If anyone gets the e-mail please let us know.

+ mirowenterprise on September 12th, 2008 at 2:57 pm said:

GGCAN you where there when they where giving me the reach around and when I was trying to fight them you helpped them. How much longer are we Qore subscribers going to be blown off (postponed)

+ GGCAN on September 12th, 2008 at 3:01 pm said:

mirowenterprise..

Renck has a good idea….

If anyone gets that email…post here…then we know the first batch is out (not sure if they will do this in batches or all at once).

So anyone getting an e-mail, let the others here know about it.

Thanks.

+ Ajora on September 12th, 2008 at 3:04 pm said:

Yeah, you guys better listen to GGCAN…I heard he’s a member of a “Sign Off Club” I’m not sure who they are but I heard they are some bad@$$ bunch of fanboys shaping the PS3 community.

+ mirowenterprise on September 12th, 2008 at 3:04 pm said:

Yeah Ill post if I get mine.

+ Ceph on September 12th, 2008 at 3:10 pm said:

Wow, so since i subscribed to Qore after Episode 2 i get no e-mail? Gay, Qore is a ripoff.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 10