PS4-Watch_Dogs

Burnout Bikes Dated!

Jeremy Chubb's Avatar + Posted by Jeremy Chubb on Sep 12, 2008 // Community Manager, Criterion Games

bike03

We’re finally able to announce that our latest free downloadable Burnout pack bikes will be out 18th September!!!

It’s tough to give specific dates on downloadable content, because we don’t know for certain until the last minute. But hey, we’re really excited about bringing bikes to Burnout, so we’re going to take a chance and tell you that we’re aiming for September 18 – that’s this coming Thursday!

If you missed our earlier posts, here’s what’s coming:

• Pick from 2 motorcycles featuring male or female characters and start on a whole new progression to earn your Bike License.
  • 38 new against-the-clock race events – Burning Ride and Midnight Ride.
  • A brand new in-game 24 hr day / night cycle that impacts traffic density and available events. (It’s fully customisable – you can make it day/night/change the clock speed – it’s up to you.)
  • Dynamic weather brings an all-new look to Paradise City.
  • And if that’s not enough, we’ve got 70 more Freeburn Challenges too.

Freeburn is Burnout’s uninterrupted drop-in / drop-out online play. It’s a cool collaborative experience, so it’s all about hanging out with your friends, messing around in vehicles while racing, pulling tricks and crashing in a massive open world city.

bike07

If 350 fun, co-operative challenges aren’t enough to keep you and your friends occupied, the Bike Pack throws a further 70 to the mix. These bike-exclusive challenges are split 50:50 between regular challenges and timed, against-the-clock challenges for those that enjoy a little more intensity.

bike20

We’ve got all the details on bikes at www.criteriongames.com and in our latest video podcast – Crash TV. You can see it now on iTunes.

Burnout Paradise is currently available for the Greatest Hits price of $29.99 on PLAYSTATION 3.

Next week, we’re back to talk trophies.

bike11

92 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ PSPsGTghOost on September 12th, 2008 at 1:55 pm said:

To people who buy collector’s edition’s of a game get access to more trophies? Coz they paid more.

+ Delriach on September 12th, 2008 at 2:13 pm said:

I lubbers you criterion games.

+ lakaihigh on September 12th, 2008 at 2:14 pm said:

this is great! any news on when Burnout will be available for download via PSN? I’ll be waiting…

thanks,
Lh

+ MUGEN02 on September 12th, 2008 at 2:16 pm said:

You forgot to mention the 2 secret bikes.

+ Adz on September 12th, 2008 at 2:18 pm said:

This is great news, and much earlier than I was expecting :D

You guys are awesome!

-Ad-

+ EViD on September 12th, 2008 at 2:25 pm said:

Wow. Thanks a lot for the update. Did you just say Trophies? OMG!

+ RichterNYR35 on September 12th, 2008 at 2:31 pm said:

Sweet! I’m excited for Day/Night, not so much the bikes but the less traffic! Im tired of the damn Geo Metros pulling out in front of me!

Any news on the new Island?

+ Squall2600 on September 12th, 2008 at 2:36 pm said:

I can always count criterion for awesome gamin experience

+ Theossie on September 12th, 2008 at 2:52 pm said:

I love these guys.. Thanks for the support!!!

Hey people.. I’m going to buy 2 copied of Burnout Paradise and give them away via a random drawing on my site.

Enter daily for your chance to win a copy!!

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on September 12th, 2008 at 2:58 pm said:

I can’t wait till you bring this game to the PSN! I’ll pick it up then!

Thanks guys!

+ neo_bahamut on September 12th, 2008 at 3:02 pm said:

By far the best developers of this gen!

+ suv_drift on September 12th, 2008 at 3:03 pm said:

Still one word for this game: AWESOME!!!!
I’m going to drift my hawker on nighttime before going to the bikes.

QUICK question:
What happens to the ranked races. Are they still going to be as one?, are they going to be reset?, or the bikes will have a separated online ranking system?

+ D.Vader on September 12th, 2008 at 3:05 pm said:

Criterion – No mention of Nex-Gen Black? :P

Keep the patches coming.

ONE SUGGESTION PLEASE BRING BACK THE CRASH EVENTS. I have no idea how you would do it in this open world, but that was the most unique game play mechanisms of any racing game the last gen. I do like Showtime, but it’s not quite the same. If you can bring back DJ Atomica you can bring back Crash Events. That’s the way DJ Atomica would want it.

Who’s with me on Crash Events? Give me a hell yeah!

+ XxBigP123xX on September 12th, 2008 at 3:10 pm said:

Awesome, can’t wait.

+ H3AVY F1R3 on September 12th, 2008 at 3:12 pm said:

I HAVENT GOTTEN MY SOCOM CONFRONTATION QORE CODE YET!?!?!?!?

+ TheHakku on September 12th, 2008 at 3:31 pm said:

Oh my god. I can’t wait. Jeremy, you and the guys at Criterion rock!

…I guess literally, as it’s been shown many times that you can play the game with a Rock Band guitar controller….

+ AranhaHunter on September 12th, 2008 at 3:35 pm said:

As soon as that trophy patch is available, Burnout Paradise shall be mine

+ OmegaArchetype on September 12th, 2008 at 3:35 pm said:

Most amazing post-release support that I’ve seen from a non-MMO console game.

Much appreciated and keep it up, I can’t wait for the island update as well as trophy support. Burnout and Criterion FTW!

+ Crimson_Ryan on September 12th, 2008 at 3:36 pm said:

I’m not going to lie, I love this game. But in all honestly, these developers being so awesome are the biggest reason I bought this game.

You guys are great, nice job. :)

+ k3coyotes_55 on September 12th, 2008 at 4:56 pm said:

@17 it has been told to you several times already that they will work on the trophy patch AFTER the bikes patch

+ MakaiOokami on September 12th, 2008 at 5:38 pm said:

I do like the bikes. I must admit I am much much much more excited about Burnout Paradise getting trophies than getting bikes.

Don’t take that the wrong way I’m saying that bikes was a bad idea, or that it I dont’ appreciate it. The thing is, with so many games with trophies and so many Betas coming out soon, and lists of great AAA titles, getting a job, moving, etc… I’ll be hard pressed to make time. I have over 40 games in my backlog.

One thing I do have to say though is I’ll be selling the copy I own and buying it from the PSN when that’s done. Most importantly though Trophies give me something to accomplish, a goal to shoot for, and more reason to play.

I don’t need trophies with this update, or next week, or anything, BUT I would atleast like a list of retroactive trophies. Why play 30 hours this week if no one will really see my progress unless they go all the way to your website to do so…

Once I know what trophies to shoot for, that will be my motivation to pick up the game again.

One day I plan on selling all of my hard copies of games I can get on the PSN. I find it more convenient for me to do it that way especially with certain features being available at the end of the year.

Thanks for all of your hard work. I hope you took something good from my post.

+ nmc75 on September 12th, 2008 at 6:34 pm said:

I have Burnout:Paradise as a TO BUY. At $30, downloadable off the PSN and all these FREE DLC, it’s hard to argue that it’s not a good buy. All other developers need to take note.. this is what next gen. gaming and DLC should work. I think everyone knows when a company is nickel and diming their supporters, and Criterion is clearly NOT doing that, but actually adding value to what their consumers have bought. Kudos!!!

+ LordMoose on September 12th, 2008 at 6:34 pm said:

NICE GREAT TO HEAR!!!!!this makes up for what is going on with the QORE socom beta test issuses!!!!!!!!!!

+ artofwar420 on September 12th, 2008 at 6:36 pm said:

WOW, thanks for the present! Right on time for a special day!

+ Hedrakk on September 12th, 2008 at 6:44 pm said:

Way to go Criterion Games!!!! :) I’m not a racing fan, but this game is probably my best 60$ gaming money I ever spent!

By the way, is the night/day cycle will work with cars??

Thank you, Keep up the good work!

+ ricman1103 on September 12th, 2008 at 6:45 pm said:

am i crazy?
did i hear trophies?
YEAAAAAAAH!

+ joedirtrules on September 12th, 2008 at 7:01 pm said:

Oh my god, September 18 is a big day for me… MY BIRTHDAY!!!! I guess I know what game I’m going to get!!! :D!!!!

+ deadxbabiesxinc on September 12th, 2008 at 7:05 pm said:

thank you guys for keeping the updates coming! I’m loving this game more and more every update :)

+ RatchetFanatic on September 13th, 2008 at 3:48 am said:

good stuff

+ bob on September 13th, 2008 at 8:05 am said:

As soon as the trophy update hits im running to the store to get this!!!!!Burnout for the win

+ Taun89 on September 13th, 2008 at 8:20 am said:

when are the bikes going to come to the european store?

+ rockymtnbri on September 13th, 2008 at 8:40 am said:

September 18th – can’t wait! And I will add to the praise for the developers – you are the best! If I visit the UK any time soon, I will make it a point to stop by Criterion!

+ Bubba on September 13th, 2008 at 11:47 am said:

W00t! Criterion!

+ VenomX on September 14th, 2008 at 12:25 am said:

Agreed. Love Criterion. Best 60 bucks I have spent on a console period. Thanks!

+ Shiden or Combo on September 14th, 2008 at 12:39 am said:

I have have to say bike are a very delicious frosting XD yum

+ wyldekat on September 14th, 2008 at 5:05 pm said:

hail the current champs of free dlc

PSN= wyldekat

+ SILVERBLADE on September 14th, 2008 at 11:56 pm said:

This is awsome news and i hope more developers will follow in your footsteps and please if Criterion games developers are reading this can you consider getting slitscreen even for just offline mode becuase we gamers want to show our friends when they come over how good this game really is and OWN them at it!! please at least consider it becuase i know all the people at my school would play more or even buy the game if it was only spitscreen even if it’s only two players please!!!

Your dedecated gamer Silverblade64

P.S Everyone else has your support!!! :)

+ zeke2040 on September 15th, 2008 at 8:46 am said:

that’s great news… keep up the good work… i can’t wait to update the new patches

+ wallhugger on September 16th, 2008 at 11:36 am said:

no offence but screw those trophies. I rather hear ppl brag about that 102% :B. Btw thanks for setting a date on the bikes I was really waiting for it and checked the site and the blog every day for the last month.

Criterion you guys [DELETED] rock.

+ rockymtnbri on September 16th, 2008 at 12:11 pm said:

I’m hoping for (at least) two player split screen as well! C’mon Criterion, we know you can do it!

+ rockymtnbri on September 18th, 2008 at 10:24 am said:

So, has anyone downloaded it and tried out the night day and weather, along with the bikes?

+ SILVERBLADE on September 18th, 2008 at 9:06 pm said:

The Day and night is so awsome and bikes owns but we still need two player splitscreen! come on criterion and all others who read this forum to comment and say how much we all want splitscreen!!!

PAGE 1 2