Driveclub

PLAYSTATION Store Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Sep 12, 2008 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi again! The weekend’s here – time for your weekly update of new movie & TV shows on the PLAYSTATION Store.

This week we’ve added new video content from the following television series:

• American Chopper, Season 3 & 4
  • Mythbusters, Season 5
  • Paranormal State, Season 1
  • The First 48, Season 7
  • The Universe, Season 2
  • Top Tens, Season 1
  • UFO Hunters, Season 1

We’ve also added the following feature films to the Store:

• 2010: The Year We Make Contact
  • Alien Autopsy: Fact or Fiction
  • Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (Unrated)
  • Hoffa

Have a great weekend!

62 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ smokey_vols on September 12th, 2008 at 3:34 pm said:

Nice update :) i’m gonna watch Vantage Point

+ Ramza on September 12th, 2008 at 3:36 pm said:

We need HD content we can keep, that is my main reason for not using the service

+ Money1 on September 12th, 2008 at 3:37 pm said:

Xam’d rules, still waiting on boondocks foe adult swim. Oh and the anime store needs elfen lied

+ saintfighteraqua on September 12th, 2008 at 3:37 pm said:

I need a bigger HD.

+ ken.vs.ryu on September 12th, 2008 at 3:38 pm said:

Are these still just stereo and not surround sound?

+ TheHater on September 12th, 2008 at 3:39 pm said:

When are we going to be able to download entire season at a time? I don’t like downloading one episode at a time

+ RoAcH2285 on September 12th, 2008 at 3:42 pm said:

Grace,

A couple of weeks ago you posted on here that you added Futurama seasons 1 & 2 but you didn’t. All we have is the same piece of season 1 that we’ve had since the video store launched. I know you will probably ignore this comment as you have the past couple of weeks but I figure it’s worth a try.

Also, we need more Adult Swim shows like The Boondocks and all the other shows. We also need more networks such as Comedy Central, Showtime, and HBO originals. I want to see stand up comedy in the store.

Thank You. :)

+ Hunter Onhika on September 12th, 2008 at 3:48 pm said:

I guess Canada Should just give up hope on getting the video store :(

+ TR3PP on September 12th, 2008 at 3:52 pm said:

Im not sure if it has been stated anywhere yet,but when is Canada going to get movie downloads?

+ ChocoDK on September 12th, 2008 at 3:56 pm said:

@Hunter Onhika and TR3PP:

I am a Canadian also and you must understand that Sony has been quiet about the whole Playstation Video Service coming to Canada. I heard from someone it took about a year or two for the movie service to come to XBL for Canadians and that did not even include TV Episodes. The reason being for this is due to the international distrubution laws of releasing the movies and other content which Sony must deal with a bunch of people. So who knows when it will come out here.

I have said it before but I lost intrest with the service now due to the bandwith limit from my ISP now but I would like Sony to stop leaving Canada and other countries in the dark. Also for them to mention something about the Home beta invites would be nice.

+ lifeRPGs on September 12th, 2008 at 3:56 pm said:

Hello grace, a friend told me today that ‘The Shawshank Redemption’ has been delayed…once again. Is that true? It was set for November 4rth, so if the delay is true, when is it coming out?

+ smokey_vols on September 12th, 2008 at 3:56 pm said:

Maybe someone has already pointed this out, but this list says that it was Spiderman 2 that was released today, but it was actually Superman 2 that is on the store.

+ jcasanova on September 12th, 2008 at 3:57 pm said:

Does anybody knows why I can’t see the video store but I can access the Next Avengers banner and be able to purchase that movie??

+ C-h-a-o-s on September 12th, 2008 at 3:58 pm said:

Is it me or is the top 20 missing #5, and 4,7 are repeated.

+ Chrisrahosiris on September 12th, 2008 at 4:04 pm said:

Nice update as always.

+ AranhaHunter on September 12th, 2008 at 4:33 pm said:

Poor update when compared to last week’s.

Quick question, new season of Family Guy and Always Sunny in Philadelphia is about to start soon, will you have the episodes up as soon as they air?

+ lakaihigh on September 12th, 2008 at 4:52 pm said:

not too shabby of an update! I’m trying to get the g/f to watch 3:10 to Yuma with me. wish me luck guys.

peace,
Lh

+ 001 on September 12th, 2008 at 5:00 pm said:

Purple Rain!

+ fivestarsoul on September 12th, 2008 at 5:07 pm said:

While I don’t have oodles of money to throw around the PS Store… I would definitely buy movies if there were more titles… for example, Quantum of Solace is coming out in November and I think releasing Casino Royale in preparation for the sequel would be great. I went on to buy it earlier this week and was disappointed to see it wasn’t there…

Also, I’d make sections devoted to Academy-award winning titles (which the store needs more of, by the way…)

+ BigRon3400 on September 12th, 2008 at 5:13 pm said:

YES! Human Weapon is an awesome program!

+ GGCAN on September 12th, 2008 at 5:29 pm said:

Thanks Grace.

Still waiting for Canada to get the video store; I know it will do really well here, but I also know you said Sony is working on it.

September has been a busy month for gaming and I’m up to my eyeballs with lots of new stuff to play, so I can wait a bit for the video service.

Used to be a TV couch potato and lately haven’t been watching at all….just playing PS3.

+ Theossie on September 12th, 2008 at 5:37 pm said:

Mar-N!!! Mar-N!! Mar-N!!

Y’all gonna make me broke…. Martin on my PSP!!

+ chip14 on September 12th, 2008 at 5:38 pm said:

good know
but where is the simpsons

+ fausto76 on September 12th, 2008 at 5:44 pm said:

i would also like to see hbo, showtime shows(six feet under please). Also as someone else mentioned id like to be able to purchase a whole season at one time like itunes.

+ PSPsGTghOost on September 12th, 2008 at 5:51 pm said:

hmm… Canadia… stor… any chanc…s?

+ BlueViper on September 12th, 2008 at 5:53 pm said:

South Park and Europe what’s missing here, got great amount of content already!

+ Puscifer on September 12th, 2008 at 6:02 pm said:

Canada? . . . Anyone?

+ Ebisch on September 12th, 2008 at 6:28 pm said:

For the sixth or so week in a row…WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL WATCHING MEET THE SPARTANS

+ nmc75 on September 12th, 2008 at 6:31 pm said:

Hmm.. this isn’t exactly an update for today.. I noticed these new videos were available a couple of days ago.

+ Money1 on September 12th, 2008 at 6:44 pm said:

@29

finally somone else notices, i noticed the store updates on tuesdays and thursdays for some reason and friday as well

+ AranhaHunter on September 12th, 2008 at 6:44 pm said:

@16

If I was able to buy whole seasons and not just single shows and if the prices were competitive (i.e. cheaper than DVD box set), I would’ve bought Martin season 1 this week.

+ xaos on September 12th, 2008 at 6:48 pm said:

I have to agree that I’d really like to be able to purchase HD movies; glad to see the avengers so well-represented on the list, though :)

+ Jeigh on September 12th, 2008 at 7:00 pm said:

Ah, is it really Friday already? Have a good weekend, Jeff. I really wish I could just sleep all weekend myself… But that’s not going to happen.

Peace.

+ Clinton514 on September 12th, 2008 at 7:51 pm said:

Canada patiently waits :(

+ kspraydad on September 12th, 2008 at 8:32 pm said:

Dear Canadians…please stop…its as bad as XMBXMBXMB awhile back.

Sony WILL announce something when there is something to announce.

+ kspraydad on September 12th, 2008 at 8:34 pm said:

@29

Quote:

This week we’ve added new video content from the following television series…

Grace is summarizing the week..not saying that this content all arrived today.

Reading FTW.

+ AranhaHunter on September 12th, 2008 at 8:59 pm said:

Will there be HD TV Shows available for purchase? You can buy HD shows on XBOX live and itunes….some of us would rather pay the extra buck and get a High Definition program.

+ ChocoDK on September 12th, 2008 at 9:39 pm said:

@kspraydad:

Think about how you would feel if Sony said at E3 the PSN Movie Store would be up and avaliable this evening and you were a Canadian looking forward to it. Then that evening you didn’t even get it when everybody in the U.S. said they were. They didn’t say “only in the U.S.” they said it would be avaliable. I am not whining because as I said before I could careless now. But then I was excited about it.

If I wanted to rent movies now I could always do it on Xbox Live but I hate Microsoft Points so I won’t.

I think all the Canadians just want is for Sony to acknowledge us and say they are working on it. At least that would give people reassurance. Its like how people who didn’t get invited into the expanded Home Beta want Sony to announce something mentioning about the invites.

I understand though why you are getting annoyed though but just ignore those comments or at least try to.

+ Gkar of Narn on September 12th, 2008 at 10:02 pm said:

Please add these award-winning TV series: Babylon 5, Earth 2, Special Unit 2 and Earth: Final Conflict. Thank you very much for bringing us new content every week. Also, please consider establishing a discounted price for purchasing an entire season of a TV series.

+ Clinton514 on September 12th, 2008 at 10:18 pm said:

@kspraydad
Exactly what ChocoDK said. We haven’t even heard any acknowledgment about a decision being made. So I’ll keep asking without being annoying or rude to others like I always have.

+ loadstone007 on September 13th, 2008 at 1:24 am said:

Are there any news about the video store for Europe? Any date we can mark on our calendars? PLEASE… :(

+ SeWICX on September 13th, 2008 at 5:10 am said:

Hello. Nice going with getting new videos on the store..

Is it possible that you can ask your bosses if you can add Jak And Daxter 3 to the PS store?

I really want that game.. but i can’t play ps2 games on my 40 gb :S

+ kspraydad on September 13th, 2008 at 5:43 am said:

@38

Of course I know ‘how it feels’, I’m Canadian. BUT, I’m a Canadian that knows that our media rules make it complicated for international companies to set up shop for digital distribution.

You might as well get ready NOW as when there IS a video download service for PSN in Canada it will NOT have the same content as the American Store. This will be true especially when it comes to TV shows. Look at iTunes and Xbox to see the differences.

Where YOUR time would be better spent is writing letters to your MP concerning the situation. Canada is supposed to be part of a Free Trade agreement with the US yet ‘culture’ is excluded…I guess, somehow, that Corner Gas is seen as ‘cultural’. You will get a video dl service but it will pale to the American one.

+ Soliduzz on September 13th, 2008 at 6:25 am said:

Hey there, first time here.

I’m from Brazil and got a ps3 not long ago.
When I tried to register on PSN I found out that there isn’t “Brazil” to be chosen.
That left me wondering, is there anyway I can purchase anything from the PSN?
Hope there is, if not that is one huge letdown.

Thanks anyway.

+ kspraydad on September 13th, 2008 at 7:50 am said:

@44…

Does SONY officially sell in Brazil? If you imported it then you shouldn’t expect local support.

Q: Can I access the PLAYSTATION®Network and PLAYSTATION®Store of another region?

A: We appreciate your interest in the PLAYSTATION®Network. The access to a region’s PLAYSTATION®Store is determined by the country associated with the PLAYSTATION®Network account. The PLAYSTATION® 3 computer entertainment system will automatically direct the PLAYSTATION Network account to the corresponding region’s PLAYSTATION Store. Also, once a PLAYSTATION®Network account is created, the country for that account is unable to be modified.

A PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system from one region will be able to access the PLAYSTATION Store for another region, however, the PLAYSTATION Network account must have a valid mailing address within that foreign region. Additionally, if you wish to purchase content from a specific region’s PLAYSTATION Store, you must have a credit card or debit card (with a VISA or MasterCard logo) with a billing address from the same region. Not all PLAYSTATION Network and PLAYSTATION Store content may operate as intended on a console that is from another region, (i.e., different language displayed, software titles may not be compatible, etc.). We do not have any information that will override these territorial restrictions and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Lastly, we cannot guarantee the functionality of the PLAYSTATION 3 system and access to the PLAYSTATION Network from outside of its designated region. The PLAYSTATION 3 system and format software titles are only designed to run in the respective regions and countries for which it was intended. You may experience problems when you attempt to operate a console from outside its designated region and access the PLAYSTATION Network.

If you have questions regarding setting up the PLAYSTATION Network for regions outside of North America, please visit the global PlayStation.com website.

If you are unable to locate your country or region by visiting the above URL, we apologize for any inconvenience. Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) may not have authorized distribution centers for PlayStation® products in your region at this time.

Additionally, you must adhere to your region’s PLAYSTATION®Network Terms of Service and End User License Agreement when accessing the PLAYSTATION Network.

If you set up your system as say, American and get yourself some US PSN cards this might help you.

+ SaintWaldo on September 13th, 2008 at 8:30 am said:

Can we get the remaining episodes of Buffy The Vampire Slayer seasons 1 & 2, please? Particularly frustrating, the remaining episode in season one is Episode 7, which is the second half of a 2-parter. Please end the cliffhanger!!!

+ DeanoXD on September 13th, 2008 at 8:59 am said:

any chance Canadians are going to be able to enjoy this content? i understand there are things to be worked out, but you guys didn’t have the abilities to work things out before the launch of the service.

+ killerbread on September 13th, 2008 at 9:52 am said:

the eu should get it by now come on this is getting stupid now you can make so much more money

+ Albanian_Killa on September 13th, 2008 at 11:28 am said:

So…Any plans on getting Canada this fancy video store?

+ kspraydad on September 13th, 2008 at 11:50 am said:

During E3:

Although the video rental/purchase service will not initially be available in Canada, a spokesperson for Sony Computer Entertainment Canada confirms that it will be coming to Canada at some point.

PAGE 1 2