PS4-The Order

PSN Cards now available at Blockbuster

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Sep 15, 2008 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Sighted today in Belmont, CA:

Oh, and because my wording might’ve been a bit confusing (we didn’t *practice* this, we just walked in!), you will of course be able to purchase WipEout HD normally via the PLAYSTATION Store. Now, there’s another option as well.

+ Hummer3man on September 15th, 2008 at 6:59 pm said:

finally!!!!! i still didnt even buy the
cod 4 maps. now i can!!!!!!

+ bob on September 15th, 2008 at 7:03 pm said:

Is it just me or do i not see Canada written anywhere…..I have asked several sony style store clerks if they had them and he said no………..oh well if anyone finds these(In Canada) post it up

+ PsychoEddie on September 15th, 2008 at 7:04 pm said:

@Jeff,

Here’s a silly question. Why the different denomination cards? Why not just a psn card so when Aunt Tilly wants to put $30 on little Jimmy’s card for his birthday, Jimmy takes the card and frog skins down to blockbuster and adds the money to the card? I think I just answered my own question. The implementation and accounting would be more difficult with a variable denomination card VS. fixed amount cards.

+ KnaveX on September 15th, 2008 at 7:13 pm said:

@73

They are? why dammit!

+ ryuk on September 15th, 2008 at 7:16 pm said:

@Abigail Murphy

Do you have a PSN ID? If you do can you give it out? :)

+ LeonBlade on September 15th, 2008 at 7:31 pm said:

@Jeff any anyone else really.

What different card amounts do they have $20, $50, etc?

This will be great to ask for Christmas time, that way I can get stuff from the PSN!

I’m so excited!!!

Also, do you think you guys could release a refillable PSN Card by any chance?
One with your username on it and stuff like that lol. Idk, just a suggestion.

+ lorddshadow on September 15th, 2008 at 7:32 pm said:

this is exciting. no more asking my parents and getting a 30 minute lecture on how to only buy what you are authorized to buy! there’s a blockbuster down the road…anyone care to give me some cash for the $50 card so i can get wipeout, pj eden, and bionic commando?

+ PSWii2008 on September 15th, 2008 at 7:36 pm said:

That’s AWESOME!!! There’s a Blockbuster right outside my house! I personally don’t need them since I have my credit/debit card, but it’s good that you guys have these cards in more stores now!

+ thingg on September 15th, 2008 at 7:37 pm said:

lol. nice vid. I don’t really need these (credit cards FTW!!), but I know a lot of people are looking forward to them.

+ kspraydad on September 15th, 2008 at 7:56 pm said:

@106

$20 and $50

That’s it.

+ Chaos_Bladez on September 15th, 2008 at 8:20 pm said:

Thanks a bunch! :D
I’ll buy hella stuff now! (From Cali, can’t you tell? :P)
I’ll be sure to walk into Blockbuster soon!
Spread the love into more places! :D

+ KarasuRiderGT on September 15th, 2008 at 8:20 pm said:

Awesome news! :) I’ll have to check and see if they have them here in FL tomorrow.

+ wyldekat on September 15th, 2008 at 8:21 pm said:

there is a god.

PSN= wyldekat

+ DarkPlanet on September 15th, 2008 at 8:28 pm said:

FINALLY!!!

+ rockleehong on September 15th, 2008 at 8:32 pm said:

My Blockbuster does’t have…(Cry) Is it for nationwide?

+ Game-o-holic on September 15th, 2008 at 8:33 pm said:

Any info when the PSN cards will be released in Canada? Thanks.

+ Tragic_Nightmare on September 15th, 2008 at 8:50 pm said:

Best news I’ve heard in a while, I never liked using my debit card. Thanks Jeff!

+ WestSiide on September 15th, 2008 at 8:54 pm said:

cool, ill stick with my credit card tho

@61 & 64
you guys must have alot of restraining orders against u… i kid.

+ bulldogg9279 on September 15th, 2008 at 8:57 pm said:

can you tell me why my debit/credit card doesnt work anymore after it expired. i got a new card with the same numbers but diffrent experation date. every time i try to register it says invalid addsress. not the only person this has happened to either. i really dont want to go chase down these cards and spend more money than i have to. gas isnt cheap anymore. ive missed out on alot of content cause of this.

+ kspraydad on September 15th, 2008 at 9:10 pm said:

@119

What is unclear about the word “expired”?

+ bulldogg9279 on September 15th, 2008 at 9:15 pm said:

what is unclear is your reading skills. like i said the date expired got a new card with same account number but a new eperation date.

+ dragonzblaze on September 15th, 2008 at 10:02 pm said:

cool i hope they get them at rite aid soon would love 2 buy some psn stuff and

+ imamathwiz on September 15th, 2008 at 10:09 pm said:

Why do you not use a video player that the ps3 supports, like youtube, or get the ps3 to support the video player you choose to use?

+ Bender Rodriguez on September 15th, 2008 at 10:32 pm said:

Finally they’re appearing at a store I’ve heard of and one that’s near me. Not that I care a whole lot right now though, because there’s no PSN game coming out over the next several months that I want. I don’t buy add on content either. Still it’s good to know.

+ SocomFreak on September 15th, 2008 at 10:44 pm said:

sweet bro thanks, jeez i just about to open direct deposit!! just for the ps3!! thank you you guys!! i live like 1 minute from blockbuster!! im get them tommorow and download some psn games!! aww man i love sony

+ BigOLBallz on September 15th, 2008 at 11:39 pm said:

So do I have to go remove my credit card info to redeem the cards , I’d rather use the PsN card instead of running up my credit

+ SherrifNL on September 16th, 2008 at 12:34 am said:

I hope we in europe dont have to wait to long.

+ Vidarcr on September 16th, 2008 at 12:36 am said:

Are you guys planning on release them worldwide or just NA and in Blockbuster?

At last I’ll be able to buy weekly from the store, it’s been monts since I could buy something :( but I guess now it’s :)

+ Wip3ou7 on September 16th, 2008 at 12:55 am said:

Nice one dropping WipEout HD on the PSN card promo vid!! WIPEOUT IS THE BEST. Hmm, you should be able to get wipeout for exactly 19.99, the PSN never charges me tax, but then again I live in Florida so perhaps that makes me except since im not in California.

+ Wip3ou7 on September 16th, 2008 at 12:58 am said:

Yeah I just checked my confirmation emails of my playstation purchases, and I have never been charged tax for a PSN download. I always pay the exact price. I paid precisely 14.99 for jeopardy (which was a mistake, but none the less I am 100% positive that I do not pay tax on PSN purchases, again I live in Florida)

+ Wip3ou7 on September 16th, 2008 at 1:00 am said:

Oh and Jeff, you look like a young David Hasselhoff! What do you drive? ;)

+ xenosagax112 on September 16th, 2008 at 1:46 am said:

All i like to know is when will the cards be out to all of the Blockbuster’s around the U.S.A. …..i cheacked mine 4 days ago and nothing …..Jeff your emails for News well i hate to say sucks .

We The people want detal Info on where the cards are at , what day they come out on and for the love of god cant you people bring PSN cards to gamestop and bestbuy for once ….

+ 314dragon on September 16th, 2008 at 3:01 am said:

Finally! I can stop charging up my credit card.

+ lgass on September 16th, 2008 at 3:53 am said:

any word on europe?

or this is only for NA?

It’s time for us europeans to get some love too :p

+ LeonBlade on September 16th, 2008 at 3:53 am said:

$20 and $50 card are perfect, but they could add a $100 card too.

P.S. this is off topic but, why isn’t my Gravatar working?

+ xXoONiko_9OoXx on September 16th, 2008 at 3:55 am said:

can I buy it from amazon or play-asia ?

+ Brunski15 on September 16th, 2008 at 4:16 am said:

thank you … now i can actually buy stuff on psn isnstead of missing out on all the great stuff coming out… btw are they out for blockbuster in Canada? thanks in advance

+ kspraydad on September 16th, 2008 at 4:59 am said:

@121

So you HAVE a new expiry date THUS you have to update your CC profile on PSN to TELL it your new expiry date. Right now the PSN would still be trying to use your OLD EXPIRED date for purchases.

To summarize…if your card number or expiry date change you have to MANUALLY update that info on store sites like PSN in order for it to work.

+ kspraydad on September 16th, 2008 at 5:01 am said:

@131

Official launch day is Sept 16th
Gamestop is early next year
RiteAid is also this month

+ f6gamer on September 16th, 2008 at 5:24 am said:

i get charged taxes all time in psn so ill have to buy a $50 psn card from NY

+ Daver on September 16th, 2008 at 5:25 am said:

lolll theres almost more canadians on this blog than americans

+ GGCAN on September 16th, 2008 at 5:34 am said:

Just wanted to advise the other Canadians, I’ve sent out an email to Customer services of Blockbuster, inquiring if we in Canada also have the PSN cards.

Once I hear something, I’ll post back here.

+ Onna76_NL on September 16th, 2008 at 7:28 am said:

I don’t have to complain as I own a credit card but SCEE should be *^%*&*( ashamed of themselves to keep their EU buyers wait so long for those PSN tickets! And if that’s all Europeans have to wait for?! PSP, PS3, Video Download Service, etc.etc.etc.etc…. I thought Europe was the most important region to Sony? So I notice :-(

+ THATPSPGUY on September 16th, 2008 at 7:33 am said:

Someone please buy one for me and I will paypal you the cash, i have $20 in my paypal at the moment and would like to get wipeout hd thursday. Hey Jeff are you allowed to do that for me?

+ Peetabix on September 16th, 2008 at 7:41 am said:

Will this be comming to europe soon?

+ JordanBlack68 on September 16th, 2008 at 7:44 am said:

I love how you point your finger like that, its so funny!

+ GGCAN on September 16th, 2008 at 8:06 am said:

Here’s more news for Canadians about Blockbuster and the PSN cards.

I sent Blockbuster customer services an email this morning asking about them and here is their reply:

customer.servicecanada@blockbuster.com

“Thank you for taking the time to write. At this point in time Blockbuster does not have plans to carry PSN cards. Please check back with us sometime mid 2009.

We hope this helps, should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. ”

It appears we won’t have these until next year.

+ skaterricky on September 16th, 2008 at 8:06 am said:

Next Major store you need it in is WALMART Bro!

then after that like Gamestop, Bestbuy too.

well thats to name a few that need it.

Glade I use my debit Card :D

+ GAME-HERO on September 16th, 2008 at 8:30 am said:

Cool, However I have been using PSN cards for months now and they work great! Thanks you Sony and Meijer Stores (midwest only) for the headstart on cards!

+ Ghostm on September 16th, 2008 at 8:32 am said:

Have anybody on here heard anything about Life with Playstation? The whole thing is starting to sound like a joke to me.