LittleBigPlanet 3

PS3 Firmware update (v2.43)

Al De Leon's Avatar + Posted by Al De Leon on Sep 16, 2008 // Sr. PR Manager, SCEA

Hi, everyone, I wanted to give you a heads up about PS3 firmware update (v2.43). Unlike previous updates, firmware v2.43 is specific to the Japan region, and only PS3 users there will be required to
install the update. PS3 users in all other regions will not be prompted to download v2.43. However, if you manually initiate a firmware update by clicking on “System Update” under the XMB’s Settings icon, the v2.43 update will be available, regardless of where you are located.

Users outside of Japan do not need to perform this update if your PS3 system software is on version v2.41 or later. However if you do perform the update, it will not cause any issues with your system or add any new functionality.

283 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 4 5 6

+ GibbShift on September 18th, 2008 at 9:06 am said:

Awesome, LwP is finally out. I’m hearing some popping with the standard music playing, but that’s about it. I’m just happy the service is up and running. I like it.

+ omaR77 on September 18th, 2008 at 10:23 am said:

big deal. its more like sony keeps updating ppl blood pressure with this home crap, ungrateful sob’s

+ bigdaddyjane on September 18th, 2008 at 10:24 am said:

Unless the update allows me to play my music on any game that I am playing,I don’t care about the update.

+ Angelmassb on September 18th, 2008 at 11:35 am said:

This is too cool :D but when we are going to have a new firmware for the PSP? Its been to long since the last one and Im getting worried

+ NeCrom-X on September 18th, 2008 at 11:54 am said:

Most of the questions are answer in the original post.

+ nextgenerationX on September 18th, 2008 at 12:57 pm said:

does this update have anything to do with the playstation for life event in japan that was released today?

+ Darkemist on September 18th, 2008 at 1:28 pm said:

Problems with firmware..

I downloaded the firmware on my 20gb ps3 and now some of my usb ports don’t work. Anyone else having this type of problem? I have to shut off my ps3 and back on using the switch in the back and even then only 2 or 3 usb ports work.

+ Christian103720 on September 18th, 2008 at 2:49 pm said:

Well I updated my US playstation3 and after it downloaded and installed, it shut down the way it is supposed to. but then when i turned it back on, about 5 minutes later, it freezes. you know how it says ‘sony Computer Entertainment’, well it stays on the wave things and my XMB doesnt come up. My PS3 was recently replaced, so it is basically new. Did the update cause this to happen???? Please i need an answer!!!

+ Christian103720 on September 18th, 2008 at 2:50 pm said:

+ FoomMan on September 18th, 2008 at 11:11 pm said:

The XMB seems to run a bit smoother- but isn’t that always the case after firmware updates?

+ Snowman850 on September 19th, 2008 at 1:14 pm said:

SCEA have bought over $200 dollars from the playstation store and even a few HD movies from your video store. I’m just wondering why I haven’t gotten into the beta yet since I have over 60 PS3 + network games the new PSP SLIM all this is confusing since my activity is high just check my underground account to confirm all of what i have said thank you for actually reading this my PSN ID: SBN_Rashad_850 keep up the good work

+ nunobaker on September 19th, 2008 at 4:11 pm said:

Hello,
I downloaded 2.43 yesterday…and as soon as I did my internet connection became very weak and kept disconnecting me from PSN. It gives me an error code, I forget which one. But even when I do get connected I can’t stay in any online game for long, I just lose connection. This problem started right after I downloaded the update. I should not have done it as it was only for Japan…don’t know why I did. Anyways if you guys on the blog could help me out at all, tell me what I should do I would appreciate it.
Thanks

+ batman13 on September 19th, 2008 at 6:34 pm said:

What if they planted a ghost file and after a certain amount of time it crashes our ps3′s….then they just blame it on firmware, and they say we have to buy a new one…only reason i can think of they would make the firmware for everyone

+ promongo on September 20th, 2008 at 3:30 am said:

my p3 stopped working after this one. error on installing and tries to install it every time i boot. got the first 60 gb that came out in europe. my previous install was 2.01 or something. now it’s useless.

+ laxplaya25 on September 21st, 2008 at 5:27 pm said:

ok i dont play ps3 during the week but on friday i got online and saw that there was an update so i downloaded the update(2.43). and now ever since every time i get in to a ps3 game after about 5 minutes the game freezes. but the top comment says i dosent cause problems but im starting to question this comment. thanks

+ laxplaya25 on September 21st, 2008 at 5:33 pm said:

o now im glad to see that im not the only one this happens to.(christian103720

+ pot on September 26th, 2008 at 3:05 pm said:

Life with Playstation is still nowhere to be seen. I have a feeling it was just something announced at E3 to cause hype when it wasn’t even near ready.

+ KFBradley on September 26th, 2008 at 3:21 pm said:

I have a firmware feature request that I have yet to see. How about the ability to sort the Games category of the XMB alphabetically y name, instead of just by date or last played? It would be nice to group my Qore episodes together, as well as my Pixeljunk games.

+ Rolle90 on September 27th, 2008 at 9:22 am said:

what is it that you have update?

+ wts on September 28th, 2008 at 7:11 am said:

HI,

I just downloaded version 2.43 now my ps3 won’t recongnise any discs period, any suggestions on now to fix this. I was going from ver2.1 to 2.43.

Thanks

+ snskidtv21 on September 28th, 2008 at 4:56 pm said:

I don’t know if this bothers anyone other than me, but I watch music videos on my PS3 and what kills me is that I can’t make a video playlist. Who do I need to talk to about this? How hard could it be to implement something like this? Now that I think about it it would also be helpful when I have little mini marathons of tv shows. So please someone help me out here.

+ hardbal91 on September 29th, 2008 at 5:26 am said:

After I upgraded to firmware 2.43 I can no longer connect to the system update. i can still connect to the internet browser and Playstation Store but everytime I try to open System Update I get a DNS error. Has anyone else had this problem and if so do you know the fix?

+ Unknownsoldier on September 29th, 2008 at 8:06 am said:

If this update was ment for japan only
why wasn’t it region locked?

+ butcher_shawn415 on September 29th, 2008 at 9:03 am said:

wts | September 28th, 2008 at 7:11 am

HI,

Thanks

haha i just sent my ps3 into sony for the second time for the same problem. your gonna have to do the same thing bro sorry

+ venusinferns on September 29th, 2008 at 12:34 pm said:

I too am having the same problem. I have a 60gig and live in North America (California) and immediately after the update I got the ‘Error Code 80010514.’

Sony, please fix this with a new update and stop ignoring the people who actually supported you guys since day 1.

Please help us, Sony… you’re my only hope.

+ Unknownsoldier on September 29th, 2008 at 8:52 pm said:

I have a 80 gig model, um it has froze on me like twice since the update but that’s all it’s done so far… try a system restore idk if it will work or not but it’s worth a shot i guess.

+ mikeseven on October 1st, 2008 at 5:50 pm said:

2.43 breaks UPnP.
How can I revert to 2.42?

+ Unknownsoldier on October 1st, 2008 at 11:20 pm said:

Call sony and see what they say.

+ Mr4 on October 2nd, 2008 at 3:57 am said:

bonjour

pourriez vous dans une futur maj ajouter un zoom dans le ps store car on voie trés mal les écris et ce que vous proposé
et il y a souvent des bugs avec le navigateur internet et youtube
la console c’est geler deux fois d’affiler ?
pourriez vous regardez ?

merci
good day

+ mikeseven on October 3rd, 2008 at 10:25 am said:

after much testing, I realized 2.43 is working perfectly. It is Twonkyvision that needed to be updated to 4.4.9 (latest version). 4.4.7 I was using doesn’t work with 2.43

+ glio on October 6th, 2008 at 2:24 am said:

i just update my ps3 to 2.43, and than it reboot, my ps3 can’t read any disk now, please help! how can i do?

+ venusinferns on October 6th, 2008 at 2:55 pm said:

Join the club glio — I’m just waiting for the next firmware update to see if it will fix it…

‘Cause there’s no way I’m paying $150 for something that was not my fault…

Please help us, Sony!

+ Lasher13 on October 11th, 2008 at 10:59 am said:

This isn’t fair, especially if your warranty has run out. Version 2.43 destroyed my CECHA01 PS3(60 GB model). How was I supposed to know I wasn’t supposed to download it. How could Sony just abandon us like this? Tech support says there is no fix and there never will be. Well that the best news I’ve ever heard becuase now it is Time to buy a different console video game platform, and it won’t be made by Sony.

+ venusinferns on October 15th, 2008 at 8:07 pm said:

Well, it didn’t work. I updated v2.50 and nothing! So now I have to pay $150 for something that was NOT my fault and I am not happy.

I work at a video game store and I always used to tell my customers that the PS3 is the way to go and that it’s 100x’s better than the 360… but now, I’m going to tell every single one of my customers to buy a 360 because I feel betrayed… just like Jesus did…

/rant