PS4 - Destiny

Mega Man 9, Coming Soon to PLAYSTATION Network

John Diamonon's Avatar + Posted by John Diamonon on Sep 18, 2008 // Product Marketing Manager, Capcom

UPDATE: Mega Man 9 coming to PSN on September 25!!

New exclusive boss artwork.
New website : http://megaman.capcom.com

Tornado Man Jewel Man Galaxy Man Concrete Man

New game package.
Mega Man 9 coming soon to the PSN for $9.99.

Splash Woman Plug Man Magma Man Hornet Man

‘Nuff said.

PAGE 1 4 5 6

+ SS_keyblade on September 22nd, 2008 at 5:26 am said:

hey john d, anyway you guys can possible implement trophy support at a later date, just like your doing with BC:R?

+ John Diamonon on September 22nd, 2008 at 11:17 am said:

I\’ve let the team know. We\’ll see.

+ stennex on September 22nd, 2008 at 7:45 am said:

Sony pleases keep bringing us arcade games such as Megaman 9. I hope you will also put more classic RPG games out there while we wait for the major ones to come out. It would also be nice if some of these PSone titles had a HD overall done to their visuals because after playing a few i was almost blinded by huge chunks of pixels. LOL. I think there were many game that were done with similar graphics like Megaman that would look great on the HD tv.

Bring back Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver from Crystal Dynamics.

+ DLM16A2 on September 22nd, 2008 at 8:38 am said:

Off topic, but IF there is a MMX9 could you tell them to scrap the MMX7 and MMX8 design and keep it old school like MM9 is doing.

+ DLM16A2 on September 22nd, 2008 at 8:42 am said:

by oldschool i mean MMX – MMX6. Also is there any chance of getting Breath of Fire added to the PSN. Maybe a 1 – 4 pack. I love the series and looking foward to a BOF5 (Dragon Quarter doesnt count) :D

+ Jcprz1980 on September 22nd, 2008 at 10:47 am said:

Getting this day one. After Megaman (classic) MegamanX, the rest just arent TRUE Megaman. Getting wipeoutHD also. Trophies don’t make a game worth getting, the game makes the trophies worth getting, don’t forget that.

What are the chances of getting “U.N. SQUADRON” on the psn or an “HD remix” of sorts? That game has “WIN” written all over it retro or not.

+ John Diamonon on September 22nd, 2008 at 11:18 am said:

Yes, UN Squadron was the bomb, no pun intended.

+ protomank on September 22nd, 2008 at 11:57 am said:

Any chance of a future Playstation 2 release?

+ John Diamonon on September 22nd, 2008 at 6:09 pm said:

Sorry, I don\’t think so.

+ niall077 on September 22nd, 2008 at 12:24 pm said:

Any Idea of the Euro release Date?

The Europe release for BC:rearmed wasnt announced, it just magically was added to the store a day after the US release with no warning and I spent my PSN credit on something else a few days before thinking I would have to wait months for a date like 1942 :/

Hope Capcom can be more clear with the date this time

+ John Diamonon on September 22nd, 2008 at 6:09 pm said:

I have an idea, but we haven\’t announced the date yet. Should be soon.

+ GAME-HERO on September 22nd, 2008 at 12:48 pm said:

John,
I have no question for you, just a comment: This is the BEST POST EVER! Simply because you replyed to just about everyones questions. Thank you for not leaving us in the dark (it’s scary in the dark)

+ John Diamonon on September 22nd, 2008 at 6:09 pm said:

Thanks Game Hero!

+ Morphine16 on September 22nd, 2008 at 12:50 pm said:

Thanks for the game John and rest at Capcom, will definetely get on day 1. Please consider trophies at a later time :P
I also sent you a friend request :)

+ John Diamonon on September 22nd, 2008 at 6:10 pm said:

I\’ve accepted your friend request. Thanks!

+ diablo103 on September 22nd, 2008 at 1:22 pm said:

once again another capcom game with no trophies, and im goin to guess you guys are to lazy to go back and patch this one, seems to be ur growing trend can anyone say DMC4.
Ill make a promise, if u take the time to patch dmc4 with trophy support, ill will use my ten dollars to buy MM9, cuz at the moment id rather spend $20 on quality(Wipeout HD)

+ John Diamonon on September 22nd, 2008 at 6:11 pm said:

It\’s all about resources.

+ Musiol on September 22nd, 2008 at 1:22 pm said:

Please, give us Power Stone on PSN :D I loved this game on Dreamcast. Don’t mind it will be first or second game from series. Power Stone FTW!

+ liambonner on September 22nd, 2008 at 1:26 pm said:

looks awsome any chance of a trophie patch?

+ John Diamonon on September 22nd, 2008 at 6:12 pm said:

I emailed the team. We\’ll see.

+ snobrder218 on September 22nd, 2008 at 1:36 pm said:

When I was little, Mega Man was my world. I had Mega Man 3 and I can’t tell you the countless times I beat that game. I didnt even need to use the Boss Pattern, I just kicked that much ass. When I heard that Mega Man 9 was coming to PSN, I think I peed myself a little. Ok…that would be gross, but I know I GEEKed-out (pun intended). @ 10$, and the fact that I actually HAVE money in my bank account, I’m buying this the second I get home from work.

Few questions though, since this is modeled after MM2/3, will it have a “normal” and “hard” mode?

Secondly, will this game work over Remote Play?

Next, Will trophies be retroactive (if you do release a patch)? It would be annoying if I had to get them all again as I did with Uncharted (pain in the ass…)

And lastly, (sorry!) is it like classic MMan where if you turn the game off, TS and you have to start all over again from the beginning; no saves? Not that it matters, but hey, if you go classic, I almost think there shouldn’t be saves unless its a game like Zelda.

Once again I just want to thank you and everyone at Capcom for this. Whoever was at a meeting and just said “Why not just go back to 8-bit instead of redoing all of the graphics?” should be given a metal/raise in pay…or a cookie… because a little reward for an idea can go a long way. :)

+ John Diamonon on September 22nd, 2008 at 6:15 pm said:

This game will have difficulty modes. Sorry, no remote play. No plans at this time for trophies.

And we initially thought the 8-bit route was madness. Boy, were we wrong.

+ snobrder218 on September 22nd, 2008 at 1:39 pm said:

PS: I’ll probably add you on PSN. (AngelofDeathLoki)

+ John Diamonon on September 22nd, 2008 at 6:13 pm said:

Cool!

+ Tehlawgiver1414 on September 22nd, 2008 at 2:45 pm said:

Sweet… thank you Capcom! now we need to see a mega man X9 in 16 bit side-scrolling action? No 3D stuff please.

+ John Diamonon on September 22nd, 2008 at 11:37 pm said:

Let\’s see how MM9 does first.

+ SS_keyblade on September 22nd, 2008 at 3:47 pm said:

John D you sir are awesome!!!! I hope the team decides to implement Trophy Support!!! thanks man!

+ John Diamonon on September 22nd, 2008 at 6:15 pm said:

Me too.

+ Wolf873 on September 22nd, 2008 at 4:43 pm said:

John, I don’t mean to go off topic but I wanted to ask if Capcom is considering releasing Dino Crisis to PSN along with other classic horror titles like Resident Evil. What about continuation of Dino Crisis series? Anything at all?

+ John Diamonon on September 22nd, 2008 at 6:16 pm said:

No plans for a new Dino Crisis. But you know, there\’s always a possibility.

+ erico316 on September 22nd, 2008 at 5:42 pm said:

@wolf i hope they dont make a new dino crisis that take place in the future.

+ Wolf873 on September 22nd, 2008 at 6:00 pm said:

@Eric, yeah well at least not in the way they had it in Dino Crisis 3. The story was inconsistent.

+ Gitaroo on September 22nd, 2008 at 6:25 pm said:

please email the team for a PSP release, the game would look better on it since the PSP screen resolution is much much closer to NES than HDTV and you can play it anywhere you go while still get a option to play on big screen with TV out.

+ John Diamonon on September 22nd, 2008 at 6:49 pm said:

I\’ll pass the request along.

+ erico316 on September 22nd, 2008 at 6:38 pm said:

@wolf873 yea that exactly what im taking about 3 was bad.

+ erico316 on September 22nd, 2008 at 6:48 pm said:

= mean in term of story

+ erico316 on September 22nd, 2008 at 6:49 pm said:

i mean in term of story

+ Wolf873 on September 22nd, 2008 at 6:52 pm said:

Thanks for the info John. It’d be great if you could pitch the idea to them, you know get the train moving if possible. I’ve been trying real hard to get people to E-mail Capcom about it, but since you’re in the inside you could be of great help.

+ John Diamonon on September 22nd, 2008 at 6:53 pm said:

Which idea?

+ DJ_Pyra-C on September 22nd, 2008 at 8:09 pm said:

Hey John, if the team is interested in doing *ANY* more HD-versions of classics, I am a real DJ, and I correspond with several producers who could make some great “remixed music” (one of them is Mali Boi, if you’ve heard that Jackie Chain song “Rollin’”, he produced it; it’s on youtube, if you wanna hear how he can sample & remake).

Feel free to add me on the PSN; my gamertag is
DJ_Pyra-C

+ John Diamonon on September 22nd, 2008 at 11:36 pm said:

I\’ll add ya. I\’ll check out Mali Boi.

+ Wolf873 on September 22nd, 2008 at 8:10 pm said:

I mean like tell them that there is a fan-base for Dino Crisis and that people would like to see it continued or perhaps at least bring the first two games to PSN.

+ LordJonas on September 22nd, 2008 at 9:10 pm said:

LMFAO@208

+ josephliyen on September 22nd, 2008 at 9:14 pm said:

John…you didn’t reply to my previous thread…I am a little bit sad…it’s ok you did answer it to other people. I truly admire your willingness to talk to the gamers! Anyways, I was going to say, I couldn’t wait for the PSN version so I caved in for the Wii version. (I hope it’s ok to say that here…) This game is amazing and I am about half way through the game right now, all those DLCs…Protoman seems to be the best. And omg you can play as Roll, that’s really cool, but I don’t have 200 screws yet… Anyways, I was going to say, I noticed the Wii version has something like 50 achievements…(50…that’s right) and really really hope you guys patch it up for the trophy support for the PSN version. Tell you what, please pass the word on that if you guys do patch it up, I will buy the game AGAIN on PSN! Just to get the trophies. This game is really awesome anyways, Rockman was the first videogame I played in my life. Anyways, thank you again for such a community guy, and would you please pass on if Capcom can make a HD2D, brand new game of Rockman X with Coop? (X and Zero working together) I left a message on Capcom Unity for Sven but seemed to be ignored…Thanks again!

+ John Diamonon on September 22nd, 2008 at 11:31 pm said:

Sorry I didn\’t reply earlier. I\’ll replay now. Don\’t worry. Sven\’s not ignoring you, he just needs time to answer all the questions. We\’ve been getting a lot of requests for an HD treatment for Mega Man 9. I\’ve already passed on the trophy request to Takeshita-san. We will see.

+ Moodswings on September 22nd, 2008 at 9:21 pm said:

Any chance to release psp version of MM9?

+ John Diamonon on September 22nd, 2008 at 11:31 pm said:

Not in the plans at this point.

+ Moodswings on September 22nd, 2008 at 9:23 pm said:

WE WANT A PSP VERSION OF MEGAMAN 9!!
PLEASSEEEEEEEE!!!

+ josephliyen on September 22nd, 2008 at 9:29 pm said:

BTW John I added you on my PSN as well, Let’s play Burnout Paradise together sometimes! (Great game, if you have it, great, if not, it’s only $30!!!) If not, I guess I will see you when Bionic Commando 3D comes out! (That one has online right?)

+ John Diamonon on September 22nd, 2008 at 11:32 pm said:

I\’m planning to buy Burnout Paradise. Let me know how that is first. As for BC next gen, yes, it has online mulitplayer!

+ britton1207 on September 22nd, 2008 at 9:36 pm said:

No trophies right now, or no trophies period? Please don’t make me play this game on the janky 360 D-pad. I beat myself up conquering Bionic Commando on the PS3 (and am now patiently awaiting the Trophy patch), so I’m fully prepared to wait for a patch for MM9. Please give me some hope!

+ John Diamonon on September 22nd, 2008 at 11:34 pm said:

No plans for MM9 trophies. Will it be considered in the future? I don\’t know. Right now, the plan for BCR trophies is to make them available around the launch of the next gen game.

+ shystie1 on September 23rd, 2008 at 4:46 am said:

Thanks for all the feed back John D. I never seen anyone reply to so many comments. I enjoyed reading all of your replies and found it enlightening.

So any word on Maximo on the PS3 since for some reason my nephews and I loved playing it on the PS2.

+ tzareUSA on September 23rd, 2008 at 5:53 am said:

Why don’t you release this game as a downloadable title for psp too? I think it fits better a portable console than a HD one.

+ TopGunZ on September 23rd, 2008 at 8:08 am said:

MM is the definitive capcom franchise, drop zombies, street fighters etc and start churning MM games all over the place. Rename capcom to Megaman Haven or something. And please stop messing around with the story, I mean until Megaman X Zero it was ok, but how on earth did we end up at Legends through that new DS c**p? A Legends 3 would also be appreciated. And many collections. OK, enough ranting….

Day 1 purchase, although mind you I refused to buy games like Fallout 3 that didn’t support trophies. But Megaman is Megaman. Just show some of the posts here, I ‘d pay for a trophies patch…

Thanx for all the answers!

PS: With the BCR patch, alright, you better be joking, or BC next gen is like 90% ready.

+ josephliyen on September 23rd, 2008 at 8:08 am said:

Hey John, glad you replied. Burnout is really amazing, all their DLCs are FREE, so far they have had 3 updates, with the most recent one adding a brand new motobikes side with its own races, challenges and events, basically an additional game on top of the existing game for FREE! Later this year they are adding a new island to the game for free as well… to be honest… I really like their business model, wonder how they make that work…? Anyways, Rockman 9 is really good, I even got the OST cuz the music is just that great! Hope oversea they will see the importance of trophies.

+ TopGunZ on September 23rd, 2008 at 8:10 am said:

I meant:
….Show the people at capcom some of the posts here…

Ranting equals lost phrases…

+ Madman on September 23rd, 2008 at 9:57 am said:

So when are we going to hear an announcement about the release of Bionic Commando on next-gen systems? Is this thing getting pushed back to 2009 or what?

+ DJ_Pyra-C on September 23rd, 2008 at 9:59 am said:

I fired up my xbox 1 yesterday and played MM2 in 1080i. That was fun :)

+ britton1207 on September 23rd, 2008 at 7:00 pm said:

John – You say that you couldn’t add trophies to the PS3 version of MM9 because of resource issues, but I really hope you guys will reconsider later, especially after this sells like friggin wildfire and you guys make boatloads of cash off of it.

This “no trophy” issue is really starting to perpetuate a cycle. No trophies = less sales on cross platform games = less devs bother to do trophies because of less sales = no trophies.

I had planned on buying this game on AT LEAST 2 systems, the PS3 and the Wii, and perhaps the 360 later just because. Now i’ll most likely only buy it on the Wii, because it’s more or less pointless to buy the PS3 version for no perks over the Wii version. I *might* still buy the 360 version for the achievements, but that was a maybe at best before (see my previous aversion to the 360′s D-pad). Capcom has effectively halved the money they could have made off of me by one bad business decision.

Granted, I’m probably in the minority and I doubt many people will buy this game multiple times over, but frankly I want to support you guys for being so damned awesome. That’s why I’m torn. I love Megaman. My first videogame memory was Megaman 2. I would gladly pay you guys 3 times over for this wonderful game, but a man has to have principles at the same time. But what is worse? Keeping the cycle going by not buying the PS3 version, or continuing to support you guys when the brass can’t even cough up enough dough and manpower to add in something as simple as trophy support (and in a timely manner *cough BC:Rearmed cough*)?

But don’t think I’m blaming, John. I’m not, really. Whoever the nameless, faceless brass is that makes those decisions..HE gets my ire.

+ britton1207 on September 23rd, 2008 at 7:01 pm said:

doh. “don’t think i’m blaming YOU” is what i meant to say.

PAGE 1 4 5 6