PS4-Watch_Dogs

Its Official! – LittleBigPlanet on shelves 10/21/08!

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Sep 19, 2008 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

For those of you who’ve pre-ordered and are anxiously waiting, we’ve received great news from Media Molecule – the game code has gone ‘GOLD’ and we’ve started manufacturing the PS3 cases, manuals and most importantly Blu-ray discs. Meaning, LittleBigPlanet will hit stores in North & Latin America on October 21 (With Europe releasing the same week). But trust us, you’ll want to be there with us during the first week. Why you ask?

During the first week only, to celebrate “Launch”, LBP fans everywhere will be able to download a FREE, Limited Edition Spacesuit costume for your SackBoy on the PLAYSTATION Store. (Get it…Launch…Spacesuit…o never mind)

LBP space man

In addition to the freebie, there will also be a rare “I was there Week One” T-Shirt available – to prove that you were… well… “there Week One.”

LBP tshirt

Now for those of you that haven’t pre-ordered, we would hate to think you went to the store and saw the dreadful “Sold Out” sign and missed out on the FREE download. So, if you want your spacesuit, you’re best bet is to guarantee your copy by heading to your nearest participating retailer and pre-ordering your copy. Besides…you’ll get additional pre-order goodies for FREE too.

***

In addition to the “gold” news, check out our LBP News Site for the official release for the final word on LittleBigPlanet’s features and how Media Molecule is still hard at work, to continually build the online community with new features to make your online experience an ever-evolving one.

See you there.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Ghostm on September 19th, 2008 at 9:03 am said:

Super sweet! Next month cannot come soon enough.

+ Du@lDrive on September 19th, 2008 at 9:05 am said:

woo hoo Bring it on :D

+ jimmyn28 on September 19th, 2008 at 9:06 am said:

w00t! ‘I was there’ T-shirts FTW.

+ stennex on September 19th, 2008 at 9:06 am said:

Yes! LBP out in October great news. Will there be a halloween costume pack. Anyway all i got to do now is get my money from Wamu.

+ Mark Valledor on September 19th, 2008 at 8:41 pm said:

We have a ton of things planned…stay tuned :)

+ Fersis on September 19th, 2008 at 9:08 am said:

sweeeet,
whats this Latin America stuff ??
Im in Argentina ,can you elaborate more please ?
I usually import games from US (And they cost me a lot,my importer rip me off)
Awesomeeeee news!

+ Mark Valledor on September 19th, 2008 at 8:45 pm said:

We announced Latin America distribution @ E308. Let me check if distribution reaches Argentina.

+ seph1r0th00 on September 19th, 2008 at 9:08 am said:

thanks for the good news! That spacesuit looks awesome!

+ Rexram on September 19th, 2008 at 9:09 am said:

Thanks for reminding me I need to go pre-order this game.

+ TheGuardian1973 on September 19th, 2008 at 9:09 am said:

AWESOME, I ALREADY HAVE THE CODES FOR NARIKO AND KRATOS, SPACE SUIT SACKBOY FTW, THANKS GUYS YOU’RE DOING A MASTERFUL JOB WITH THIS TITLE, KEEP IT UP!!! :D

+ drew327 on September 19th, 2008 at 9:10 am said:

Awesome spacesuit!

+ Rexram on September 19th, 2008 at 9:11 am said:

I have one question, if we don’t pre-order the game will we be able to purchase Nariko and Kratos via PSN?

+ Mark Valledor on September 19th, 2008 at 8:52 pm said:

Not in the foreseeable future. We may have to ask the people that pre-ordered, how long the people who didn\’t pre-order should wait. That would be an interesting question.

+ RandomEarthling on September 19th, 2008 at 9:13 am said:

I want now!

Space suit looks awesome too.

+ gdenso on September 19th, 2008 at 9:13 am said:

What and where are the pre order “goodies” up here in Canada? (and other regions)

+ Mark Valledor on September 19th, 2008 at 8:56 pm said:

Canada Kratos Pre-order is at EB Games & GameStop.

Canada Nariko Pre-order announcement is coming soon…

+ Onna76_NL on September 19th, 2008 at 9:13 am said:

How about the Europeans and the ones who’ve pre ordered online?

+ Mark Valledor on September 19th, 2008 at 8:57 pm said:

Check the official announcement, there are details on EU

+ tocrazed4you on September 19th, 2008 at 9:14 am said:

Sniff Sony and Little Big Planet you guys make me so happy. I barely woke up log on saw this and now I am suddenly awake as emotions are flowing through my veins.(Good Emotions) I have nothing else to say except THANK YOU.

+ erico316 on September 19th, 2008 at 9:15 am said:

yyayayayayayayayay!i love this game.I dont think its a system seller yet since u guys havent put out tv ads.

+ Mark Valledor on September 19th, 2008 at 8:59 pm said:

Start watching TV in the beginning of October. We\’re saving our TV budget for launch and the holidays. In the mean time, you\’ve seen our print ads and LittleBigBillboards right?

+ erico316 on September 19th, 2008 at 9:17 am said:

i will say this it can be a system seller if u yous uses the right tv ad in each region.I loved those ps3 ads from last year hoilday season.

+ Onna76_NL on September 19th, 2008 at 9:18 am said:

@Erico, there will be a bundle with LBP in Europe:

*ttp://forums.n4g.com/m_260396/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#260396

*put h in front of the link*

So it sure will be a system seller in Europe especially with that kind of box :-)

+ XxBigP123xX on September 19th, 2008 at 9:20 am said:

So, what if you don’t have the game during the first week, will you still be able to download the content from the store?

+ Mark Valledor on September 19th, 2008 at 9:04 pm said:

Good question, you\’d think not – but what good would it be w/o the game anyway…

+ deanos on September 19th, 2008 at 9:26 am said:

omg cool hopefully my game retailer doesn t try to scam me muhaha

+ lakaihigh on September 19th, 2008 at 9:26 am said:

this is sweet! where do we have to go to get the LBP t-shirt?

thanks,
Lh

+ Mark Valledor on September 19th, 2008 at 9:06 pm said:

Look for the T-shirt as an online item on the PLAYSTATION Store.

+ cocojen on September 19th, 2008 at 9:29 am said:

1) i love that spacesuit and shirt!!! the tag on the back of the shirt is great!

2) october needs to get here already!!!!!

i’m taking the 21st off for sure!

+ erasing_rain on September 19th, 2008 at 9:29 am said:

Ahoy Mark, That be some good news, but ye be forgetin’ that today is talk like a pirate day. It’d do an ol’ pirate good to see a blog in the proper lingo. Anyway, I be so excited to get me hands on this wonderful booty. Thank ye for the news, oh and, watch yer back matey. Or ye be walkin’ the plank plank faster than ye can say “Lil’ Big Pirate!” YAR HAR HAR!!!!

+ Mark Valledor on September 19th, 2008 at 9:09 pm said:

ARGGGG. Me drops to the floor and laughs faster than them \’der plankwalkers w/ cannonballs on thy feet.

+ eksMAN on September 19th, 2008 at 9:30 am said:

awesome! but where would one have to pre-order to get the kratos costume?

+ thor on September 19th, 2008 at 9:31 am said:

Arrrrggghhh!!!! Great news, but “Its Official?” Its official what? Oh, you mean “It’s official.” Please sort this out, you’re the marketing manager of SCEA! I don’t want to start seeing adverts with bad grammar!

+ kokoro on September 19th, 2008 at 9:32 am said:

Wonderful, please send us (Latin America) also those PSN cards!!!!!

+ twooh on September 19th, 2008 at 9:32 am said:

OMG! The astronaut is AWESOME!

Please surprise us and release it early. :P

Good job Mm.

+ Fersis on September 19th, 2008 at 9:33 am said:

@25 kokoro
yeah ,we need those badly.

+ TheInfectedBy590 on September 19th, 2008 at 9:35 am said:

Awesome, I just hope my wallet’s in healthy condition when this game comes out… :(

+ SpyroLuver88 on September 19th, 2008 at 9:36 am said:

Yey!!! I Love Sackboy. I can’t wait to finally have my copy of the game! WooHoo!! October 21st can not come quick enough!!

Now, about those Sackboy plushies. Please tell me the ones up for pre-order on playasia.com are not the same as the ones we are getting it the US…The small ones are cute but I have been reading the comments on the various places that showed them and people don’t like the larger ones very much. Their heads are too big. I was hoping for something that looked more like the awesome handmade ones I saw on the Media Molecule site made by someones mother. Now those two Sackboys are adorable. Maybe you could make costumes for them as well.
I wish I was handy enough to make one myself. Guess it doesn’t really matter because I will probably buy it anyway just so I can have my very own Sackboy to love…

+ Mark Valledor on September 19th, 2008 at 9:18 pm said:

We\’re on it, because we know you guys want it. Trust us, we\’re working hard to make sure its as good as \”mum\’s\”

+ craazy on September 19th, 2008 at 9:38 am said:

Yeah good one gimme another reason to pre-order…..fine I did are you happy I ordered the game, my wife will kill me but at least you’re happy

Whatever!

+ Mark Valledor on September 19th, 2008 at 9:19 pm said:

LOL…if that wasn\’t enough, we have a few more reasons up our sleeve. :)

+ iExile on September 19th, 2008 at 9:38 am said:

Game of the century.

+ Enforcer_X on September 19th, 2008 at 9:40 am said:

This is “LIFE WITH PLAYSTATION!”
Can’t wait for LBP!
Preorder 2 of them one for me and one for my wife!

Media Molecule ROCKS!

+ dong29 on September 19th, 2008 at 9:40 am said:

Let’s get one thing straight, I don’t play with stickers. I have been trying to pre-order LBP from Circuit City for the past month. Their website doesn’t advertise the LittleBigSticker book bonus, I have been to multiple Circuit City stores and nobody knows what I am talking about and they won’t let me pre-order the game until October. Finally, I called their 800 number and they were equally clueless. Again, I don’t play with stickers. Has anyone had any luck with the Circuit City pre-order?

PS: I have played with stickers in the past.

+ Mark Valledor on September 19th, 2008 at 9:21 pm said:

That\’s weird, we\’ve designed them, approved them and received a bunch of them internally – so we know they\’re out there. We\’ll check to see (since you don\’t play with stickers)…

+ ps360 on September 19th, 2008 at 9:40 am said:

FYI for those in the US:

BestBuy is selling the “pre-order” (they call it the Bonus Pack) for $5.
It is a piece of paper with the code for Nariko (and maybe other downloads on launch day) inside a Blu-Ray box with the LBP cover. I thought there would be a disc or some sort inside containing goodies… but no…
But, the $5.00 is waived if you “really” pre-order the game.
So theorectically, if you have a way to purchase the game cheaper than the typical $59.99 price tag, and you REALLY want the Nariko costume, you can buy the “bonus pack” at BestBuy for $5.
Whether $5 is worth it or not is for your wallet to decide. :)

and oh…
YEEEEEAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!

+ EvoAnubis on September 19th, 2008 at 9:40 am said:

YES! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes; oh happy day! *laughs maniacally*

+ SpyroLuver88 on September 19th, 2008 at 9:40 am said:

BTW how much is the I was there week one gonna cost me?

+ darkiewonder on September 19th, 2008 at 9:41 am said:

Already have it preordered! Really can’t wait for it! Give it to me now! :D

+ GGCAN on September 19th, 2008 at 9:42 am said:

I haven’t seen LBP pre-order available in Canada as yet.

Is there a date when this may be happening for us ?

I know I’ve checked the stores here, BestBuy and Futureshop…but nothing on their websites to indicate pre-ordering.

thanks Mark.

+ Mark Valledor on September 19th, 2008 at 9:25 pm said:

Kratos SackBoy costume pre-order is available in EB / GameStop in Canada.

Nariko SackGirl costume pre-order in Canada announcements are still on the way…

+ Jenovah on September 19th, 2008 at 9:42 am said:

Game of the Year!

+ sublimentality on September 19th, 2008 at 9:43 am said:

Great job Mm and Sony!!! You guys are awesome and the freebies your throwing at us through pre-orders and such are fantastic!! Im also really really excited about Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic. Im gonna have tons of fun with that one online with my friends. Have any more details on that game? Except for the couple of trailers we’ve heard almost nothing about it. Keep up the good work!

+ SpyroLuver88 on September 19th, 2008 at 9:43 am said:

@33

I have been to two different Circuit Citys in California. They had the sticker book already. It is inside a DVD case which has LBP cover art which you should get right then and there when you reserve.

+ DG on September 19th, 2008 at 9:44 am said:

Good news! I was planning on getting a few preorders done today anyway. Can. Not. Wait.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on September 19th, 2008 at 9:44 am said:

Are you guys still planning to announce Nariko details for Canada?

+ Mark Valledor on September 19th, 2008 at 9:26 pm said:

Yup…just taking a bit longer to nail down the logistics…expect something soon.

+ lifeRPGs on September 19th, 2008 at 9:44 am said:

Awesomesauce!

+ lifeRPGs on September 19th, 2008 at 9:46 am said:

Damn i clicked submit by mistake. I wanted to ask if the pre-order launch costumes will also be available in EUROPE.

+ Mark Valledor on September 19th, 2008 at 9:29 pm said:

Yup…Spacesuit and t-shirt will be available on your PSN too. I know Kratos and Nariko will be available too, just not sure how…will check.

+ ari_solid86 on September 19th, 2008 at 9:46 am said:

Great Stuff!
Hey Mark i have a question if you don’t mind answering about these two outfits,when its released can i go directly to the Playstation Store & download them or i must have the game & inside the game i can download them?
Thanks in advance.

+ Mark Valledor on September 19th, 2008 at 9:30 pm said:

check #18

+ dong29 on September 19th, 2008 at 9:49 am said:

@41 – Thanks for the clarification. I guess the LittleBigSticker book is on the little side.

+ OneironautZ on September 19th, 2008 at 9:49 am said:

WOOT! Been looking forward to this game for over a year! Awesome goodies!

+ Dr-MoHD on September 19th, 2008 at 9:49 am said:

as saome one say:
I will literally pee my pants when I first play this game. I’ve been waiting so long!

+ Daver on September 19th, 2008 at 9:50 am said:

Great! i already paid my copy, cant wait to try it out

PAGE 1 2 3 4