Driveclub

Its Official! – LittleBigPlanet on shelves 10/21/08!

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Sep 19, 2008 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

For those of you who’ve pre-ordered and are anxiously waiting, we’ve received great news from Media Molecule – the game code has gone ‘GOLD’ and we’ve started manufacturing the PS3 cases, manuals and most importantly Blu-ray discs. Meaning, LittleBigPlanet will hit stores in North & Latin America on October 21 (With Europe releasing the same week). But trust us, you’ll want to be there with us during the first week. Why you ask?

During the first week only, to celebrate “Launch”, LBP fans everywhere will be able to download a FREE, Limited Edition Spacesuit costume for your SackBoy on the PLAYSTATION Store. (Get it…Launch…Spacesuit…o never mind)

LBP space man

In addition to the freebie, there will also be a rare “I was there Week One” T-Shirt available – to prove that you were… well… “there Week One.”

LBP tshirt

Now for those of you that haven’t pre-ordered, we would hate to think you went to the store and saw the dreadful “Sold Out” sign and missed out on the FREE download. So, if you want your spacesuit, you’re best bet is to guarantee your copy by heading to your nearest participating retailer and pre-ordering your copy. Besides…you’ll get additional pre-order goodies for FREE too.

***

In addition to the “gold” news, check out our LBP News Site for the official release for the final word on LittleBigPlanet’s features and how Media Molecule is still hard at work, to continually build the online community with new features to make your online experience an ever-evolving one.

See you there.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ CRDA on September 20th, 2008 at 10:55 am said:

HI Mark, im from Mexico and i really want that spacesuit and i hope that we have the game on octuber 21. but i have a question, when are we going to have ps network? please answer this because i wanna download a lot of things, thank you

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on September 20th, 2008 at 5:09 pm said:

I\’ll see what answers I can dig up. (another thing for my to-do-list…

+ viralbyte on September 20th, 2008 at 10:58 am said:

I really can’t wait for this one! Hey will I be able to create my own costumes? Will there be any chance of Warhawk uniforms?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on September 20th, 2008 at 5:10 pm said:

Check out one of my first reponses…

+ xtrmlydsturbdbob on September 20th, 2008 at 2:03 pm said:

If we pre-order online like from Gamestop, I know we can get the Kratos Sackboy by email but how do we get the spacesuit and t-shirt? Do we receive an e-mail as well or is it for pick-up only? CANT WAIT!!!!!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on September 20th, 2008 at 5:14 pm said:

The Spacesuit and t-shirt will be available via the PlayStation store, not thru any retailer. Just log on when you get the game and you\’ll see them.

+ Lanmanna on September 20th, 2008 at 2:22 pm said:

No…money…

Need…PS3…and LittleBigPlanet…

+ xtrmlydsturbdbob on September 20th, 2008 at 2:40 pm said:

nvr mind i think i understand now. the items will be availabe for download on the ps store for one week and we gotta download them. i think… im stupid

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on September 20th, 2008 at 5:15 pm said:

np :)

+ PSPsGTghOost on September 20th, 2008 at 5:17 pm said:

So are you saying that there will be a Limited Edition LBP game package after launch?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on September 20th, 2008 at 6:56 pm said:

No plans yet, but who knows.

+ Tinhe32t on September 20th, 2008 at 5:52 pm said:

Hi, can you please tell me if the distribution reaches Argentina?

+ Sackboy_Gein on September 20th, 2008 at 8:14 pm said:

Any chance Mm will upload the Kratos Sackboy trailer that was shown at the Gamestop conference?

+ CarSetupMaster on September 21st, 2008 at 12:01 am said:

Hey pal, do u know that my signature in the forums say “nariko will resurrect”? Do you? Oh and also do u know where I live? CANADA…

It is time: Nariko for Canada – CMON – what are you waiting for – for the release date? so then it is too late to pre-order and we here in canada get no nariko? cmoooooonnnnnnn

nariko nariko nariko – don’t get me started on how pissed off I am about heavenly sword 2 being canceled. I told myself – u have to become a millionaire so that u can purchase all the blu-ray copies of heavenly sword 1, so that they can make a 2nd one :) cause trust me I would – easier said than done though – oh wait I think sony has millions – there u go…

and I don’t understand this “in order for you to have these freebies u have to be there with us week one” – be where? I’m so confused – did I skip reading anything? – I think not.

Please please please answer at least this last question – I am aware of this being my least immature post – but that’s what lbp does to you – it awakens the kid in u :)

+ mu3safi on September 21st, 2008 at 12:33 am said:

Why did u ignore my question? :(

where can i pre-order if from?

+ pedr0boy on September 21st, 2008 at 12:58 am said:

Awesome!Cant wait for this game. Are there plans to release the kratos costume here in asia?

+ omaR77 on September 21st, 2008 at 7:58 am said:

dont know how true this is but i heard, lbp & home will launch together psn-ironflag555

+ bader on September 21st, 2008 at 9:04 am said:

hi Mark
please we want a sweettooth sackboy from twisted metal .

+ Sty on September 21st, 2008 at 3:02 pm said:

Great. Very good news, getting it day one, our day two :D

+ XSE_Greystone on September 21st, 2008 at 4:54 pm said:

I just can’t take it anymore. I can’t stand seeing all this stuff about Little Big Planet…it’s driving me CRAZY so i had to go to Gamestop today and pre-order it…YOU HAPPY NOW!?! lol This is prolly the 4th video game i’ve ever pre-ordered in my life cause i’m picky as heck. So i think that’s gotta mean something. :)

I seriously just hope i’ll have as much fun playing and creating things on here (if not more fun) than what it looks like just watching videos. Plus i hope i have enough creativity to make the create portion worth wild. Dying to get my hands on it.

Little Big Planet’s motto…”Let’s create a world together.” copyright of XSE_Greystone lol.

+ BomberMouse on September 21st, 2008 at 5:29 pm said:

In all your PR you keep mentioning the game will launch in NA AND Latin America but as far as I know the PS3 hasn’t launched in any country from Latin America.

Do you have any special plan for us? are you contacting any web from here for the beta like you did for the european one?

We don’t even have a store (I have to buy all my games from the HK store since the NA doesn’t even accept my CC) and the games arrives at exorbitant prices :(

+ Vanilla_Face07 on September 21st, 2008 at 9:21 pm said:

Mark, below is the message I sent to SCE-Australia last night. Their response to it was ‘We don’t know’. I figured you would know, so would you please help me out?

“I am wondering whether Australia is receiving a Preorder Promotion for LittleBigPlanet like the US and Europe are (Preorder from certain retailers to get codes for Kratos Sackboy or Nariko Sackgirl).
Last I heard it was ‘unconfirmed’ whether or not we would be receiving a promotion like the rest of the world is, so I have been holding out to preorder until it has been announced.
But seems it is now only a month from release I’m becoming anxious, I need to preorder soon if I want it on release day.
So, in short, will Australian LittleBigPlanet preorder-ers get free goodies? They’re giving the codes away for free with the UK OPSM for god’s sake!”

I really need to know whether we are or are not getting a promotion. Thanks.

+ adri23 on September 25th, 2008 at 12:30 pm said:

Hello ,I also live in latin america , to be more precise in Argentina. I will like to know if we will be abble to buy and download all the extra stuff for little big planet thought the playstation store since there is no playstation network yet for latin america users. I´m looking forward to buy the game as soon as it came out but I’d also love to be able to buy stuff for the game (like the costumes)online thought the playstation store. Can you elaborate more on this please?

+ Scodo_Thope on September 26th, 2008 at 8:00 am said:

Lastly, 10/21 can’t come fast enough!

:P

+ GeekGod on September 30th, 2008 at 4:29 pm said:

I have also been trying to order from Circuit City for the sticker book, and they know nothing about it. I’ve called their main help line and been to local stores and no one has any clue about the book.

What the heck is going on with CC?

+ Mike_Sandbag on October 15th, 2008 at 2:30 pm said:

So can people that don’t get the game in the first week still download the costumes and then have them to use when they get the game? Like if someone doesn’t get the game until Halloween, can they download the costumes and then install them once they get the game?

PAGE 1 2 3 4