PS4-Watch_Dogs

Orlando PlayStation.Blog Meet-up Details

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Sep 19, 2008 // Sr. Social Media Manager

UPDATE: The Facebook event page – which was inexplicably down for a bit – is back up. RSVP now!

Don’t let me hear that the East Coast gets no love from us.

As mentioned earlier, I’ll be attending a blogging conference in sunny Orlando next week, and I’d like to meet you well-tanned PlayStation fans. Here are the details – we’ll be meeting up next Friday (September 26th) from 7-9 pm near downtown (*not* Downtown Disney!) at UCF’s FIEA – the awesome videogame grad school program that they’ve got going on down there.

FIEA - UFC, Orlando, FL

We’ll be playing games competitively (yes, for prizes) and enjoying real southern BBQ, with sweet tea by the gallon. Mmmmmm, sweet tea…

FIEA people will also be around to answer questions – so if you’ve never seen a mo-cap studio before, this could be your big chance.

Afterwards, we’ll be conveniently located near the downtown bar ‘n’ club area, so I’m sure there’ll be some spillover as well. I’m a big fan of I-Bar, personally.

All you need to do is, um, show up. Yes, of course it’s free. RSVP at playstationblogorlando@gmail.com or on our Facebook event page, so we know how much pork to pull.

OK, the above, summarized into blurb form:

Orlando PlayStation.Blog readers’ meet-up
    Friday, September 26, 7-9 pm local time
    Florida Interactive Entertainment Academy
    500 W Livingston St
    Orlando, FL 32801
    USA, Earth

Click here for more specific directions, or check out the Google Map-pery below.

orlandomeetup event

Don’t forget to RSVP – see you there!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ EvoAnubis on September 19th, 2008 at 5:20 pm said:

Sorry…..too far out for me.

+ black_ryuk on September 19th, 2008 at 5:20 pm said:

Well good you are coming to the East coast….but its not New York so I can’t go…….ahhh well

+ KazeEternal on September 19th, 2008 at 5:22 pm said:

dwight howard lives at the amway arena?

This is sweet you remembered us poor Floridians, I take back all the mean things I said Jeff. Well most of them.

Good news is my Sister goes to FIEA and I should be picking her up from class that evening too ^^. Also plan on going there for grad school (go me).

*runs to mark calendar*

Should we bring our PSP’s?!

BTW EA paid for that MoCap studio ^^.

So excited ^^. *chills*

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 19th, 2008 at 6:21 pm said:

Good, see you there!

+ EvoAnubis on September 19th, 2008 at 5:23 pm said:

Besides, I’m still a bit pissed about my lack of Home Beta invite problem. But I’m lovig Life With PlayStation. Just add more cities. Like Reno, NV and Detroit, MI, for example.

+ Dr-MoHD on September 19th, 2008 at 5:27 pm said:

i will come
ربك يسهل

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 19th, 2008 at 6:21 pm said:

Cool. What does that say?

+ skaterricky on September 19th, 2008 at 5:34 pm said:

Next You guys need to stop in the Midwest.. like St. Louis or Kansas City then I might beable to come.. or just this up the great town of Springfield, Missouri :D

+ C-los on September 19th, 2008 at 5:36 pm said:

Yes! Orlando I can make it! ( If my parents take me lol >_> )
Btw, I was there yesterday o_o

+ KazeEternal on September 19th, 2008 at 5:36 pm said:

Ok Correction to Post 3, my sis says she doesn’t think EA paid for it. The company that makes the equipment may have.

+ FritoZ on September 19th, 2008 at 5:44 pm said:

if anyone could arrange for a monitor on top of a headless mannequin, i would be glad to be there via webcam, eeirly projected onto the frankensteinain, er, fritosteineian visage..

but i won’t be able to taste the sweet, sweet tea…

such are the sacrifices we make,

you take the good, you take the bad,

you take them both,

and there you have..the facts of life!

sorry, too much sweet long island iced tea.

it’s pretty sweet, too!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 19th, 2008 at 6:22 pm said:

every part of this comment scares me…

+ akizuki on September 19th, 2008 at 5:47 pm said:

Awesome! I’ll definitely go for sure. Live in the Southern Orlando area, just a 10-20 minutes or so drive to the UCF campus. I’ve been there a couple of times, however I’ve never actually had the chance to see what they actually teach at the college. So it will be an interesting experience indeed, never actually seen a MoCap studio in person myself…

Thank you Sony for taking the time to come down and visit!
(Hopefully rush hour will be over with by the time the event goes on..doubt it, but I hope it will…

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 19th, 2008 at 6:23 pm said:

Good! Note that it\’s not on the UCF campus, but downtown. Near where Dwight Howard plays :-)

+ MegaClank on September 19th, 2008 at 5:47 pm said:

This comes when I’ve already left Florida. XD

+ D-White on September 19th, 2008 at 6:04 pm said:

Dwight Howard lol! My names Dwight?

+ Dave702 on September 19th, 2008 at 6:12 pm said:

Perfect, i live in orlando. i am going……..what are you guys going to do?
Also is going to be my birthday tomorrow.yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh 9/20

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 19th, 2008 at 6:24 pm said:

+ acs001 on September 19th, 2008 at 6:22 pm said:

Excellent, I’ll be there. I’ve visited FIEA before. Count me in.

+ Diddyo007 on September 19th, 2008 at 6:23 pm said:

hmmm, im like 3 1/2 hours down south from Orlando. Have to think about it.

+ HaVoK_08 on September 19th, 2008 at 6:24 pm said:

DOH!! you guys are getting closer and closer!! but i am not driving 3 hours to see you :) You should have come to Miami guys! Girls are hotter here anyways!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 19th, 2008 at 6:24 pm said:

Let\’s be honest – the whole state is pretty good in that category ;-)

+ TFHAppo on September 19th, 2008 at 6:25 pm said:

“Chick band that I pretend to dislike plays here”

Jeff, how can you pretend to dislike them? They’re awesome!(Yes, I admit it)

+ Captain Fury on September 19th, 2008 at 6:25 pm said:

First Tacos then Donuts…

*looks at place*

Jeff gonna feed us knowledge!

:O

+ craazy on September 19th, 2008 at 6:38 pm said:

Uhhh judging by that picture, there could be zombies there…..do you have a “Last Guy” plan just in case?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 19th, 2008 at 6:46 pm said:

haha, that\’s what I was going for. I should add a zombie in there somewhere…

+ PirateThom on September 19th, 2008 at 6:41 pm said:

“Games, food, prizes, meeting fellow gamers and trading PSN IDs. Kinda like Home, but with more smells.”

Oh dear, I lol’d at that one.

I think with the PS4, we need to have some smell-o-vision add on for Home2.

If this idea is used, I need a Home 2 beta invite to make sure it’s done right. :P

+ X1rtam on September 19th, 2008 at 6:42 pm said:

Great to see that you guys are indeed going East, the E3 meetup was cool so I’m sure this will be great as well. Obviously cannot make it to this one seeing as I live near Los Angeles, but just letting anyone who can make it know that it’s totally worth the effort to go!

+ NewYork214 on September 19th, 2008 at 6:43 pm said:

haha. we all woulda seen through your chick band hatred anyway so its good you didnt lie about it lol. to far from me. gotta visit long island some day.

+ tearsofash on September 19th, 2008 at 6:46 pm said:

I used to live near Orlando (by Downtown Disney), but no longer! PS blog should make an appearance in Nashville!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 19th, 2008 at 6:47 pm said:

Will you bring Miley?

+ Cypher-Ghost on September 19th, 2008 at 6:55 pm said:

this is very sad to me :(… i wish you guys sony would come over to the middle east… i would love to see you guys and especially you jeff, you seem like a nice guy.. but what can you do… i just wish.

+ Cypher-Ghost on September 19th, 2008 at 6:56 pm said:

to add there are alot of fans here that would love to see people from sony come and to the middle east and meet… but like i said i wish.

+ TFHAppo on September 19th, 2008 at 6:59 pm said:

Will you bring Miley?

^ROFL.. Jeff, I think she’s to young for you… Though, I heard she is dating a 20 year old underwear model. O.o

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 19th, 2008 at 9:09 pm said:

My gf just told me the same thing, LOL.

+ gdenso on September 19th, 2008 at 7:01 pm said:

You guys should come visit your readers up here in Toronto, as well :)

+ viprdude on September 19th, 2008 at 7:10 pm said:

Come to Philadelphia please!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 19th, 2008 at 9:10 pm said:

I\’m *from* Philly, so it\’s a matter of when, not if.

+ lb003g0676 on September 19th, 2008 at 7:23 pm said:

Completely unrelated Jeff, but can you get on the blower to SCEE?

Or Shuhei Yoshida?

:P

That Eight Days footage looks unbelievable! Bring it back!

I kid, but it is a shame and I hope the tech gets used elsewhere.

I also hope there’s a meetup somewhere near London eventually.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 19th, 2008 at 9:11 pm said:

I\’d hope to do this sometime too.

And no, I don\’t have a ton of pull outside of the country… yet (muahahaha)

+ erico316 on September 19th, 2008 at 7:23 pm said:

too far in a state where i dont really care to go not that there nothing wrong with the state just i only go there on vacation for disney world and im too busy for collage.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 19th, 2008 at 9:11 pm said:

Too busy to make a collage? But scrapbooking is so popular!
    :-D

+ erico316 on September 19th, 2008 at 7:23 pm said:

come to the north east next time ny mainly

+ TheHakku on September 19th, 2008 at 7:31 pm said:

I’m not ashamed to say that I like Paramore.

I would love to go, but I can’t. :( Glad to see that you guys travel everywhere.

+ jskillzball on September 19th, 2008 at 7:38 pm said:

oyah the east coast get sum luv
would love 2 be there but cant
ne ways let the ps communty know whats goin on
still gud job

+ Albanian_Killa on September 19th, 2008 at 7:41 pm said:

If it was in December when I’m going to Tampa and Orlando, I’d be there :P Too bad it’s not :(

+ blkant on September 19th, 2008 at 7:42 pm said:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU I LIVE IN ORLANDO :D :D :D

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 19th, 2008 at 9:12 pm said:

YOU\’RE WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME, see you there!

+ dillinger18456 on September 19th, 2008 at 7:46 pm said:

Ok, now how about some love for the North-Eastern people.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 19th, 2008 at 9:14 pm said:

Well, we\’ve hit the SW, the NW, and now SE. It *does* make sense…

+ gdenso on September 19th, 2008 at 7:49 pm said:

As per all the request, a tour is in order :p

+ safil on September 19th, 2008 at 7:51 pm said:

Im sure Orlando is great and we appreciate you coming out to the East Coast but, i’m sure most of us were talking about the boston to D.C. area. And New York City would be the best bet cause its in between and cause its the center of the universe, lol…

have fun though…

+ chip5541 on September 19th, 2008 at 7:53 pm said:

Great, although if you had it in South Orlando you all could have stayed at my resort. We have a Pirate Ship :)

Anyway I hope to make it.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 19th, 2008 at 9:15 pm said:

I really can\’t compete with a Pirate ship, but please wear an eyepatch, man.

+ Fersis on September 19th, 2008 at 7:54 pm said:

mhhmm so i live on Argentina …
Hey SONY when are you comming to my house , make it happen!
Just joking Jeff :D

+ Morphine16 on September 19th, 2008 at 8:01 pm said:

No love for NYC?

+ The Saiyan Prince on September 19th, 2008 at 8:02 pm said:

Why not NYC… NYC is pretty dead when it comes to developing games anyhow, But one last thing… Tell me your PSN Jeff!

This message was sponsored and endorsed by MAZCorp (while the message lasts) it has no warranty implied, and its expressed warranty requires you to hand-deliver your credit card to me!! MWAHA. MWAHAHA.MWAHAHAHA!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 19th, 2008 at 9:16 pm said:

JeffPS, NY will happen at some point, no doubt. I think that event would be the hugest of all!

+ wolverine81 on September 19th, 2008 at 8:20 pm said:

Texas? Please.

+ mountain_duwe on September 19th, 2008 at 8:22 pm said:

since when is paramore a chick band?

+ Ezalis on September 19th, 2008 at 8:25 pm said:

A huge thank you from everyone at UCF. I’ll make a shuttle service with my suburban for everyone at UCF. Can’t wait to see you guys there.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 19th, 2008 at 9:17 pm said:

Good, I expect this place to shake like the Bright House Stadium bleachers.

+ oom9333 on September 19th, 2008 at 8:36 pm said:

Aww man, i love playstation so much, i wish you guys would come to Texas, the land of the…tacos?

No, but really it would be awesome if you guys came here. Are there any plans for us Texans?? Yeehaw!???

+ TheHater on September 19th, 2008 at 8:37 pm said:

What about NYC? There is a lot of PS3 owners that live in NYC you know :)
Why did Digital Life got cancel :(

+ NewYork214 on September 19th, 2008 at 8:42 pm said:

i hate you sony lol. i just got an email from u guys about teh new downloads and when i seen it was from sony i got excited thinking i got in to home lol. o well back to watchin house MD

+ simply_impressd on September 19th, 2008 at 8:49 pm said:

LOL!

I love the part at the end where you right: “USA, Earth”

If you think about it, in the future that will become the norm! Thanks for that…you made my day.

=)

+ C-h-a-o-s on September 19th, 2008 at 8:49 pm said:

Dang, same state as me but a bit too far for me. Thanks though, great of you guys to host an east coast event!

PAGE 1 2 3