PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Home Beta Extended Today

Jack Buser's Avatar + Posted by Jack Buser on Sep 19, 2008 // Senior Director, PlayStation Now

If you’ve applied for the PlayStation Home closed beta, but have yet to receive an invite, you may want to check your inbox again as we’re opening PlayStation Home’s expanded closed beta again to thousands of new beta testers. The closed beta test is going quite well, so please don’t sweat if you didn’t make today’s list, as this wave of invitations will be followed by many more before our launch into open beta.

Home - Apartment 2

Since the initial wave of new invitations went out a few weeks ago, we’ve been having an incredible amount of fun in PlayStation Home meeting each other, launching into games together, and dancing the night away by Listen@Home! To give you an idea of what we’re up to, we gave some folks in the media a sneak peak of PlayStation Home. Check out their tour recaps:

Can’t wait to see everyone in PlayStation Home – I’m always down for a game of pool or rocking the robot lock!

See you in there.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 10

+ ninjastu on September 19th, 2008 at 12:46 pm said:

Damn, I bought a PS3 for things like this and little big planet but I only bought it recently so I have no chance of getting in as I can’t sign up for it anywhere. :(

+ Albanian_Killa on September 19th, 2008 at 12:47 pm said:

I have to say, I’m getting a little tired of this little dance Sony customers are having to do with Sony. I’ve been a PS3 owner since the first month of release. I play the system every chance I get, and I always buy games for it. I play online on the PLAYSTATION Network a lot, so my gaming record is solid, I know that. How come I still don’t have an invite to the Home beta. What about my e-mail I was supposed to get for the SOCOM beta because I had Qore episode 1? I mean, I had a key already, but I was planning on giving my Qore code to a friend, but I never got one. I feel cheated. The public release of Home better be soon because others, like me, are beginning/have already lost interest in this. We’ve been waiting since GDC 07, and now it’s almost 2009. Come on Sony, toss us a bone. Stop leaving some of your customers in the dust. Hopefully, PS3Fanboy has it right that you guys are releasing this late October with FW 2.50.

+ stlthriot on September 19th, 2008 at 12:47 pm said:

Having more closed beta invites means we gotta wait longer for the open beta…

So far no email for me… I’ll be dang excited if I do happen to get one! :D

+ ninjastu on September 19th, 2008 at 12:48 pm said:

Oh and Im from the UK so thats a definate no for me >_>

+ nmc75 on September 19th, 2008 at 12:49 pm said:

Any plans for Sony EYE support within our Home space? It’d be cool to put a live cam stream of my real living room into my virtual Bravia TV in my virtual pad.

+ vandam on September 19th, 2008 at 12:49 pm said:

LOL I’m still waiting on my Socom beta invite. So my E-mail must really be slow. but thanks for the head’s up. I was geting sick of looking at empty in box.

+ DrunkMiffy@ on September 19th, 2008 at 12:49 pm said:

Does this include the Uk..?

+ GGCAN on September 19th, 2008 at 12:49 pm said:

Just want to wish the Home Newbies that do get the e-mails a Welcome.

Come enjoy and log your comments and suggestions.

Thanks Jack, some of my PS3 friends have been really depressed as they didn’t receive an e-mail previously.

+ Jenovah on September 19th, 2008 at 12:50 pm said:

Sigh….No emails for me again :(

+ andyrj82 on September 19th, 2008 at 12:50 pm said:

can’t wait for that email, this might sound crazy but, I bought my 60Gig JUST because I saw the preview of HOME in San Francisco PS Store on the display TV.

its about time Sony… come on with it, we will help you reach this HUGE mile stone with this one…

No console have ever attempt such a FREE stunt hehehe

I love my PS3

+ ZombieLover23 on September 19th, 2008 at 12:51 pm said:

I’ll be checking my email too!

+ Spectrace on September 19th, 2008 at 12:52 pm said:

if we get the email will there be a time limit on redeeming it?

i won’t be home for about 3-4 hours tonight and probably won’t be able to check my email till tomorrow morning.

**oh and finally a post about the extended home beta. why wasn’t there a post when invites went out on the 2nd? i hope i get in**

+ Solidus_Dave on September 19th, 2008 at 12:52 pm said:

Can you comment on the (late) october release for the open Home Beta together with the new Firmware 2.5?
maybe a little peek what features the Firmware has? And will there be no other Firmware-Updates until then?

On side note: The idea of showing friends in Home your videos from the PS3-HDD (via virtual-HDTV in the apartment) was one of the coolest Features that you brag about from the beginning Presentation, please don’t drop it!

+ EvoAnubis on September 19th, 2008 at 12:53 pm said:

I also wouldn’t carelessly break the NDA like it seems more people are doing.

+ DarkLeaper on September 19th, 2008 at 12:53 pm said:

Nothing here either. I’ve had a PSN account since Day 1, have thrown money into it, etc, etc.

You sure that this isn’t the”Qore Subscriber Phase II initiative” for Home Beta invites?

+ Stealthcorazon on September 19th, 2008 at 12:53 pm said:

I’m in =).

See you all there!

+ Toddy2Hotty on September 19th, 2008 at 12:54 pm said:

Hurray for expanded invites! Question though, does this include Canada too? ;)

+ Soseki on September 19th, 2008 at 12:55 pm said:

Woohoo! No SOCOM invitation from Qore or a Home Beta! This is been a great month. I do not expect the Home Beta, but I did pay for the SOCOM invitation and have not received it. Keep up the good work, guys, and please put streaming music back in personal spaces. I cannot wait to see Home launch. ^.^

+ EvoAnubis on September 19th, 2008 at 12:56 pm said:

@115: Congrats to you too!

+ erico316 on September 19th, 2008 at 12:58 pm said:

well atumus end soon there only 2 month and there a rumor of late oct for a new firmware with home included

+ erico316 on September 19th, 2008 at 12:59 pm said:

well im sure i dont get in i rarely get into beta on the ps3 so…….i given up til the open beta

+ ftwrthtx on September 19th, 2008 at 12:59 pm said:

The only emails I ever get are wanting me to spend money. I didn’t even get my Socom Qore code. I won’t be holding my breath for this either.

+ erico316 on September 19th, 2008 at 1:00 pm said:

by the way what would the sender name be so we dont get tricked?

+ noelpioroda on September 19th, 2008 at 1:00 pm said:

This is for the whole continent of North America. This is why the chances are still slim down. But I do believe that of course in the U.S. you have a greater chance overall than here in Canada =P…

+ StPaddy81 on September 19th, 2008 at 1:00 pm said:

Well, hopefully all of us that didn’t get in will have a good time next month in the Open Beta.

+ noelpioroda on September 19th, 2008 at 1:01 pm said:

Paddy, what makes you to believe that Open Beta will come next month =O?

+ bass286 on September 19th, 2008 at 1:01 pm said:

i have 2 emails and my account is set to a new one will it get sent to my new email or at my old one?

+ IceCold on September 19th, 2008 at 1:01 pm said:

looks like i missed out again… =[

+ MikeyRawr on September 19th, 2008 at 1:02 pm said:

is this just for Amarica?
is it gonna happen for us at the UK?

+ bass286 on September 19th, 2008 at 1:02 pm said:

@126 if i get it

+ noelpioroda on September 19th, 2008 at 1:03 pm said:

@128

JUST FOR NORTH AMERICA.

OMFG… Freaking Canada and United States ok???? I don’t really know about the UK.

+ IceReign on September 19th, 2008 at 1:03 pm said:

I am in I am in!!!

+ stewey on September 19th, 2008 at 1:04 pm said:

Still nothing for me, thought I will check my email religiously throughout the evening *crosses fingers*

+ zerocolin6 on September 19th, 2008 at 1:05 pm said:

didnt get one yet……….

+ EvoAnubis on September 19th, 2008 at 1:06 pm said:

@131: Excellent! Congrats!

+ GGCAN on September 19th, 2008 at 1:06 pm said:

Anyone that is saying is this only US,,,,it’s not….I’m from Canada and in and there are lots of people from all over the world.

People of all ages are there and from everywhere, so it’s not region specific.

+ Codey on September 19th, 2008 at 1:07 pm said:

I don’t think it’s fair that the people in US just have to download a Home theme while us in Europe have to be very active on PSN to get into the beta. :/ Why is it like that?

+ IceCold on September 19th, 2008 at 1:07 pm said:

Maybe Sony has the wrong email for me LOL. I’ve been waiting since the very first wave over a year ago.

+ MikeyRawr on September 19th, 2008 at 1:07 pm said:

@130

CHILL OUT, CRY BABY lmao

+ Daver on September 19th, 2008 at 1:08 pm said:

Thats great! i hope i get an invit :)

+ Charliesdad on September 19th, 2008 at 1:09 pm said:

@136 I believe that those in the U.S. have to had downloaded the theme AND been active on PSN. Simply downloading the theme alone won’t cut it. At least that’s the way it was presented when the new Beta invites were announced.

+ zookey on September 19th, 2008 at 1:10 pm said:

You know what’d be really messed up?

If one of you gets the email then records yourself dancing and singing that ‘I got the golden ticket’ song from WIlly Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and posts it on YouTube……..

I really hope I get an email, but I don’t think singing a 70′s film song is in my future either way haha

+ GGCAN on September 19th, 2008 at 1:10 pm said:

Just a tip to everyone….check your Junk folder too….

Sometimes email thinks it’s spam…..so if you do get one and it’s in your Junk folder…add that address to your address book.

You don’t want anything like these emails to go missing, right ?

+ SpLinT on September 19th, 2008 at 1:13 pm said:

Man!! I didn’t get in! =( I’ll keep checking though.

+ jimm on September 19th, 2008 at 1:13 pm said:

I WANT TO APPLY!!!

LET ME KNOW HOW!!!

MY EMAIL: mixmasterjimm@hotmail.com

ME PSN: jimm

+ triCkii on September 19th, 2008 at 1:15 pm said:

WOOOOOOOO!!! HOOOOOOOOOO!!!

i keep checking my hotmail mail account :)

+ KiD on September 19th, 2008 at 1:16 pm said:

Booooooooooring -.-

Want LBP beta =P

+ Darkemist on September 19th, 2008 at 1:17 pm said:

Been waiting for it. Guess I’ll have to wait for the open beta…

Congrats to everyone who got in.

+ TRIX_BOL on September 19th, 2008 at 1:18 pm said:

@ ftwrthtx:

You are right! Because neither my brother that bought QORE Annual Subscription since it released, didn’t receive the SOCOM beta code.

But if i could receive an invitation e-mail, i would be more than happy to be in.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 10