Spider-Man PS4

Sep 19

Sep 19

PlayStation Home Beta Extended Today

Jack Buser's Avatar Posted by Senior Director, PlayStation Now

If you’ve applied for the PlayStation Home closed beta, but have yet to receive an invite, you may want to check your inbox again as we’re opening PlayStation Home’s expanded closed beta again to thousands of new beta testers. The closed beta test is going quite well, so please don’t sweat if you didn’t make today’s list, as this wave of invitations will be followed by many more before our launch into open beta.

Home - Apartment 2

Since the initial wave of new invitations went out a few weeks ago, we’ve been having an incredible amount of fun in PlayStation Home meeting each other, launching into games together, and dancing the night away by Listen@Home! To give you an idea of what we’re up to, we gave some folks in the media a sneak peak of PlayStation Home. Check out their tour recaps:

Can’t wait to see everyone in PlayStation Home – I’m always down for a game of pool or rocking the robot lock!

See you in there.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 10

ninjastu said:

September 19th, 12:46 pm

Damn, I bought a PS3 for things like this and little big planet but I only bought it recently so I have no chance of getting in as I can’t sign up for it anywhere. :(

Albanian_Killa said:

September 19th, 12:47 pm

I have to say, I’m getting a little tired of this little dance Sony customers are having to do with Sony. I’ve been a PS3 owner since the first month of release. I play the system every chance I get, and I always buy games for it. I play online on the PLAYSTATION Network a lot, so my gaming record is solid, I know that. How come I still don’t have an invite to the Home beta. What about my e-mail I was supposed to get for the SOCOM beta because I had Qore episode 1? I mean, I had a key already, but I was planning on giving my Qore code to a friend, but I never got one. I feel cheated. The public release of Home better be soon because others, like me, are beginning/have already lost interest in this. We’ve been waiting since GDC 07, and now it’s almost 2009. Come on Sony, toss us a bone. Stop leaving some of your customers in the dust. Hopefully, PS3Fanboy has it right that you guys are releasing this late October with FW 2.50.

stlthriot said:

September 19th, 12:47 pm

Having more closed beta invites means we gotta wait longer for the open beta…

So far no email for me… I’ll be dang excited if I do happen to get one! :D

ninjastu said:

September 19th, 12:48 pm

Oh and Im from the UK so thats a definate no for me >_>

nmc75 said:

September 19th, 12:49 pm

Any plans for Sony EYE support within our Home space? It’d be cool to put a live cam stream of my real living room into my virtual Bravia TV in my virtual pad.

vandam said:

September 19th, 12:49 pm

LOL I’m still waiting on my Socom beta invite. So my E-mail must really be slow. but thanks for the head’s up. I was geting sick of looking at empty in box.

DrunkMiffy@ said:

September 19th, 12:49 pm

Does this include the Uk..?

GGCAN said:

September 19th, 12:49 pm

Just want to wish the Home Newbies that do get the e-mails a Welcome.

Come enjoy and log your comments and suggestions.

Thanks Jack, some of my PS3 friends have been really depressed as they didn’t receive an e-mail previously.

Jenovah said:

September 19th, 12:50 pm

Sigh….No emails for me again :(

andyrj82 said:

September 19th, 12:50 pm

can’t wait for that email, this might sound crazy but, I bought my 60Gig JUST because I saw the preview of HOME in San Francisco PS Store on the display TV.

its about time Sony… come on with it, we will help you reach this HUGE mile stone with this one…

No console have ever attempt such a FREE stunt hehehe

I love my PS3

ZombieLover23 said:

September 19th, 12:51 pm

I’ll be checking my email too!

Spectrace said:

September 19th, 12:52 pm

if we get the email will there be a time limit on redeeming it?

i won’t be home for about 3-4 hours tonight and probably won’t be able to check my email till tomorrow morning.

**oh and finally a post about the extended home beta. why wasn’t there a post when invites went out on the 2nd? i hope i get in**

Solidus_Dave said:

September 19th, 12:52 pm

Can you comment on the (late) october release for the open Home Beta together with the new Firmware 2.5?
maybe a little peek what features the Firmware has? And will there be no other Firmware-Updates until then?

On side note: The idea of showing friends in Home your videos from the PS3-HDD (via virtual-HDTV in the apartment) was one of the coolest Features that you brag about from the beginning Presentation, please don’t drop it!

EvoAnubis said:

September 19th, 12:53 pm

I also wouldn’t carelessly break the NDA like it seems more people are doing.

DarkLeaper said:

September 19th, 12:53 pm

Nothing here either. I’ve had a PSN account since Day 1, have thrown money into it, etc, etc.

You sure that this isn’t the”Qore Subscriber Phase II initiative” for Home Beta invites?

Stealthcorazon said:

September 19th, 12:53 pm

I’m in =).

See you all there!

Toddy2Hotty said:

September 19th, 12:54 pm

Hurray for expanded invites! Question though, does this include Canada too? ;)

Soseki said:

September 19th, 12:55 pm

Woohoo! No SOCOM invitation from Qore or a Home Beta! This is been a great month. I do not expect the Home Beta, but I did pay for the SOCOM invitation and have not received it. Keep up the good work, guys, and please put streaming music back in personal spaces. I cannot wait to see Home launch. ^.^

EvoAnubis said:

September 19th, 12:56 pm

@115: Congrats to you too!

erico316 said:

September 19th, 12:58 pm

well atumus end soon there only 2 month and there a rumor of late oct for a new firmware with home included

erico316 said:

September 19th, 12:59 pm

well im sure i dont get in i rarely get into beta on the ps3 so…….i given up til the open beta

ftwrthtx said:

September 19th, 12:59 pm

The only emails I ever get are wanting me to spend money. I didn’t even get my Socom Qore code. I won’t be holding my breath for this either.

erico316 said:

September 19th, 1:00 pm

by the way what would the sender name be so we dont get tricked?

noelpioroda said:

September 19th, 1:00 pm

This is for the whole continent of North America. This is why the chances are still slim down. But I do believe that of course in the U.S. you have a greater chance overall than here in Canada =P…

StPaddy81 said:

September 19th, 1:00 pm

Well, hopefully all of us that didn’t get in will have a good time next month in the Open Beta.

noelpioroda said:

September 19th, 1:01 pm

Paddy, what makes you to believe that Open Beta will come next month =O?

bass286 said:

September 19th, 1:01 pm

i have 2 emails and my account is set to a new one will it get sent to my new email or at my old one?

IceCold said:

September 19th, 1:01 pm

looks like i missed out again… =[

MikeyRawr said:

September 19th, 1:02 pm

is this just for Amarica?
is it gonna happen for us at the UK?

bass286 said:

September 19th, 1:02 pm

@126 if i get it

noelpioroda said:

September 19th, 1:03 pm

@128

JUST FOR NORTH AMERICA.

OMFG… Freaking Canada and United States ok???? I don’t really know about the UK.

IceReign said:

September 19th, 1:03 pm

I am in I am in!!!

stewey said:

September 19th, 1:04 pm

Still nothing for me, thought I will check my email religiously throughout the evening *crosses fingers*

zerocolin6 said:

September 19th, 1:05 pm

didnt get one yet……….

EvoAnubis said:

September 19th, 1:06 pm

@131: Excellent! Congrats!

GGCAN said:

September 19th, 1:06 pm

Anyone that is saying is this only US,,,,it’s not….I’m from Canada and in and there are lots of people from all over the world.

People of all ages are there and from everywhere, so it’s not region specific.

Codey said:

September 19th, 1:07 pm

I don’t think it’s fair that the people in US just have to download a Home theme while us in Europe have to be very active on PSN to get into the beta. :/ Why is it like that?

IceCold said:

September 19th, 1:07 pm

Maybe Sony has the wrong email for me LOL. I’ve been waiting since the very first wave over a year ago.

MikeyRawr said:

September 19th, 1:07 pm

@130

CHILL OUT, CRY BABY lmao

Daver said:

September 19th, 1:08 pm

Thats great! i hope i get an invit :)

Charliesdad said:

September 19th, 1:09 pm

@136 I believe that those in the U.S. have to had downloaded the theme AND been active on PSN. Simply downloading the theme alone won’t cut it. At least that’s the way it was presented when the new Beta invites were announced.

zookey said:

September 19th, 1:10 pm

You know what’d be really messed up?

If one of you gets the email then records yourself dancing and singing that ‘I got the golden ticket’ song from WIlly Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and posts it on YouTube……..

I really hope I get an email, but I don’t think singing a 70’s film song is in my future either way haha

GGCAN said:

September 19th, 1:10 pm

Just a tip to everyone….check your Junk folder too….

Sometimes email thinks it’s spam…..so if you do get one and it’s in your Junk folder…add that address to your address book.

You don’t want anything like these emails to go missing, right ?

SpLinT said:

September 19th, 1:13 pm

Man!! I didn’t get in! =( I’ll keep checking though.

jimm said:

September 19th, 1:13 pm

I WANT TO APPLY!!!

LET ME KNOW HOW!!!

MY EMAIL: mixmasterjimm@hotmail.com

ME PSN: jimm

triCkii said:

September 19th, 1:15 pm

WOOOOOOOO!!! HOOOOOOOOOO!!!

i keep checking my hotmail mail account :)

KiD said:

September 19th, 1:16 pm

Booooooooooring -.-

Want LBP beta =P

Darkemist said:

September 19th, 1:17 pm

Been waiting for it. Guess I’ll have to wait for the open beta…

Congrats to everyone who got in.

TRIX_BOL said:

September 19th, 1:18 pm

@ ftwrthtx:

You are right! Because neither my brother that bought QORE Annual Subscription since it released, didn’t receive the SOCOM beta code.

But if i could receive an invitation e-mail, i would be more than happy to be in.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 10