PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

GEON Emotions: Feel it today on PSN

Karl Stewart's Avatar + Posted by Karl Stewart on Sep 25, 2008 // Global Brand Director, Crystal Dynamics

Arrrrgh … your messing with my emotions!!!!

Today sees the launch of an emotional rollercoaster in arcade gaming. GEON Emotions comes to the PLAYSTATION Network and includes trophies.

Geon_With_Trophies_Banner

Bliss, rage, envy or fear … use the power of your 8 emotions to compete against your opponent and master the unique sport of GEON. It’s a game of strategy, and mine was to strike fear in my opponents by unleashing a blitz of rapture and speed.

In the world of GEON, energy is king, small pellets called E-motes hover above each side of the grid surface. Each player races to collect their E-motes and the first to score 5 goals is the winner. It sounds easy, but it’s not, especially when you harness the awesomeness of the Powerballs as a recipe for success.

GEON offers a few different ways to play, including single player where you master your skills in Head-to-Head, Face the Challenge and Time Attack. Then when you’re feeling lucky try the multiplayer modes where you can battle against 4 of your most emotional friends in a dual or team game.

GEON Emotions also supports PSN trophies, so ride the emotional rollercoaster and feel rewarded!

GEON Emotions will be available on the PLAYSTATION Store later today for $9.99.

78 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ MeltTech on September 25th, 2008 at 9:41 am said:

Wow, I think we’re looking forward to a nice update.

Any word on some High Velocity Bowling updates? Like online play and trophies?

+ rAdIOhEaD73 on September 25th, 2008 at 9:41 am said:

Nice, now…
WHERE THE LTB BETA CODES?????!!!!!!

+ LouVelvet on September 25th, 2008 at 9:43 am said:

This sounds bizarre and fascinating at the same time. I’ll definitely look into it, peace to all!

+ WestSiide on September 25th, 2008 at 9:44 am said:

ENOUGH WITH THE TROPHIES!!!

+ ghamdikh1 on September 25th, 2008 at 9:44 am said:

another cool game launched to the psn ,this is great.

+ XxBigP123xX on September 25th, 2008 at 9:45 am said:

$9.99 for a 360 port? hm…

+ JimmyHACK on September 25th, 2008 at 9:46 am said:

Ha nice, very smart putting “with trophies” in image… that alone is a sell for many readers here…..

+ Tondog on September 25th, 2008 at 9:46 am said:

Hey Sony,

Do you guys like owning my bank account? ;)

+ kill00 on September 25th, 2008 at 9:47 am said:

When the Update arrives exacltly? Just need to know that before i leave ;)

Great news btw. :)

+ reinheart on September 25th, 2008 at 9:47 am said:

Question for guys that played this on X360.
This game fun? worth buying?

+ IceCold on September 25th, 2008 at 9:47 am said:

I know nothing about this game… I’ll read up on it.

+ Theossie on September 25th, 2008 at 9:48 am said:

LOL @ WestSiide

This came out of no where, to me at least.

I likes..

Online multiplayer?

Thanks!!

+ Ghostm on September 25th, 2008 at 9:49 am said:

I’ve never heard of this game. Glad to see it support Trophies right out the gate though.
Will there be a demo for it? Can we please see some videos?

+ Wip3ou7 on September 25th, 2008 at 9:50 am said:

I have no idea what this is, and it doesn’t sound nearly excitiing enough to justify its price tag.

I’m gonna stick with WipEout HD this week.

+ lakaihigh on September 25th, 2008 at 9:50 am said:

I think that wipeout HD has my money for this week. but rest assure as soon as I’m done with that game its onto Geon, Burnout and w/e games keep pouring out the network. have we seen a video on this game?

@ radiohead – do you mean *LBP*?

peace,
Lh

+ Ghostm on September 25th, 2008 at 9:52 am said:

It’s a cube base puzzle game. It’s also on the 360 but I cant find any links of any videos. Karl Stewart you guys chose the wrong week to release your unknown game. Wipeout HD is going to wipe you guys off the floor.

+ ftwrthtx on September 25th, 2008 at 9:52 am said:

Will this game be remote playable on the PSP?

+ Wip3ou7 on September 25th, 2008 at 9:53 am said:

Seriously, now that WipEout HD is coming out, I can finally stop buying little generic games trying to fill the void that only WipEout HD can fill.

+ MUGEN02 on September 25th, 2008 at 9:59 am said:

1 year to port this over to the ps3 and it wasn’t a good game to begin with.

+ Ghostm on September 25th, 2008 at 9:59 am said:

This game was released a year ago on x box live. I find it strange for a year old game not to have any videos on the web.

+ r-nice on September 25th, 2008 at 10:00 am said:

Demo?

+ Argnoth on September 25th, 2008 at 10:00 am said:

I have been looking forward to this game for quite a while, but with so many other great games coming out this week, I fear this one is going to the bottom of my wanted list. MM9 and Wipeout first. Then GEON gets my money. It’s likely that we won’t have any purchasable games next week anyways, so GEON won’t have any competition.

+ lifeRPGs on September 25th, 2008 at 10:01 am said:

I think you should have launched it next week. People are spending a lot tonight with WipeOUT HD and MegaMan9..

+ TheInfectedBy590 on September 25th, 2008 at 10:06 am said:

Geez another interesting game, you guys don’t care about our wallets! :(

+ adolson on September 25th, 2008 at 10:07 am said:

Wasn’t this renamed to just GEON, not GEON Emotions anymore?

+ Andy D on September 25th, 2008 at 10:10 am said:

Can we have a demo, some pictures, a video anything?

+ C-h-a-o-s on September 25th, 2008 at 10:10 am said:

I really like how you start off by saying it supports trophies and end the post with saying it supports trophies.

So does this game support trophies?

+ ftown on September 25th, 2008 at 10:11 am said:

this game was lame on the 360, stick with Wipeout HD. Kotaku had a review of it, pass.

+ Cinos123 on September 25th, 2008 at 10:14 am said:

lol@Kotaku reviews

+ Theossie on September 25th, 2008 at 10:15 am said:

Hey while you’re visiting the Blog.. any chance of some Tomb Raider: Anniversary love on PSN?

+ SantanaClaus89 on September 25th, 2008 at 10:19 am said:

Metacritic says this game is garbage. But I’ll give you a chance to redeem yourselves. Have and changes/enhancements/improvements been made from the XBLA version that got horrid reviews?

If not, you will not be getting my $10.

+ reinheart on September 25th, 2008 at 10:19 am said:

All I could find is pics on IGN
Busy at work so didn’t have time to check more sites atm.

LINK: xbox360.ign.com/objects/949/949558.html

+ reinheart on September 25th, 2008 at 10:20 am said:

bah sorry double posted… didn’t see my previous one so posted again and now shows double orz

+ GGCAN on September 25th, 2008 at 10:22 am said:

Thanks Karl.

Didn’t even see this one coming…

+ EViD on September 25th, 2008 at 10:26 am said:

Thanks for the heads up. Though I am surprised there’s no screen shot or trailer.

+ Enforcer_X on September 25th, 2008 at 10:29 am said:

Is there going to be a demo for it? I am not spending $10 on a game I have never heard of until today.

+ SylarEatsBrains on September 25th, 2008 at 10:30 am said:

@19 XBLA usually have timed exclusivity for their games. N+ for example can comeoufor the DS and PSP but cant hit the store until next year.

+ SpyroLuver88 on September 25th, 2008 at 10:38 am said:

@ 4 WestSiide
“ENOUGH WITH THE TROPHIES!!!”

Speak for yourself I like trophy support:)

+ SDkngsht on September 25th, 2008 at 10:52 am said:

wait what?

am i the only person who had no idea this was coming today or what it even is? i saw something about this but thought it was on another system. so there’s ANOTHER game on today’s update?

jesus…i swear i’m going to be broke by the end of this month. :(

+ SDkngsht on September 25th, 2008 at 10:54 am said:

sounds really interesting but i’m already planning on getting mega man and wipeout today. do we get a demo first? don’t want to buy 3 games and only end up playing 2.

still good news.

+ nmc75 on September 25th, 2008 at 10:56 am said:

“With Trophies” lol Sony: put that onto every PS3 game box.. I PS-triple dog dare you.

+ NEJI64 on September 25th, 2008 at 10:56 am said:

anybody who buy games just because it have trophy support your an idiot.

+ Comatoes on September 25th, 2008 at 11:02 am said:

What the…?

I sincerely hope there’s a demo or at least a video to check out… this sounds completely odd.

+ VixDiesel on September 25th, 2008 at 11:02 am said:

will there be a demo?

+ Toast on September 25th, 2008 at 11:04 am said:

Sounds interesting, but I’ll need a video or a trailer before I look to shell out money.

But you’ve still got $20 of it with wipeout HD today =D

+ Scodo_Thope on September 25th, 2008 at 11:05 am said:

Intriguing. Demo?

This may turn out to be one of the best PSN updates ever!!

:P

+ jqtaxpayer on September 25th, 2008 at 11:08 am said:

I FEEL it, Karl! I feel the EMOTION!

+ Jeigh on September 25th, 2008 at 11:13 am said:

How have I never heard of this? Might want to work more with your marketing department a little more. :P

Looks pretty interesting. I’ll definitely give it a look at the very least.

Happy Thursday, Everyone! :D

+ StalkingSilence on September 25th, 2008 at 11:15 am said:

Multiplayer online or offline? Saw a trailer and will probably pick this up.

PAGE 1 2