PS4-Watch_Dogs

LittleBigPlanet: Public Beta Madness!

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Sep 26, 2008 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

We have Lift-Off!!

As you may or may not have heard, the burning question recently has been – “HOW THE HECK DO I GET ON THE LITTLEBIGPLANET PUBLIC BETA!?!?”

littlebigplanet

Some of our friends in Europe found out this week and are still recovering. If you have been frequenting sites like GameInformer.com, GamePro, and GameSpot you might have scored a key already or are waiting to hear back. Even our friends at G4 are in the mix.

Where will this elusive beta strike next?

If I were a betting man, (and I am) I’d say it would be sure to hit more of your favorite gaming sites in the next few days. I’d be looking for sites that have been covering games for years. Staking out passionate gaming communities or locations online where you can view the latest gaming videos. Of course I would be surprised if the Public Beta didn’t show up in places where you’d expect to get all the latest LBP info and updates.

All I can say is we are super happy to give some of you a chance to get a sneak peak at what LittleBigPlanet is all about. I have officially stopped doing office work for the next few weeks in anticipation of all the levels you all are going to make. (I’m going to be too busy playing and building.) If you are one of the lucky ones who score a key, thank you in advance for participating and helping us get our servers ready for our launch on October 21st!

Be sure to refer to the details below once you get your Beta key. Good luck to all and happy hunting!

ps- Quick question, I know we announced all the cool pre-order goodies already but I’m wondering which one you are all going for….let’s say we have an on-going bet in the office. (Told you I was a betting man.)

Please note the following instructions below which will help you install the Public Beta voucher:

1) Public Beta Ends October 11th, 2008

2) You must use a consumer PLAYSTATION® 3 system that is connected to the internet.

3) You must have a PLAYSTATION®Network Account.

(go to Download History and redownload the new code).

5) This version does not require a DNS redirect and levels created here will be available for consumers at launch of the full title.

6) Please refrain from creating anything inappropriate, as we do have moderation in place and it may result in your account being suspended or banned.

Downloading the LittleBigPlanet Public Beta.
After you have signed in with your PLAYSTATION Network Account, select [Account Management] on the XMB interface located under the ‘PLAYSTATION Network’ tab, then select [Transaction Management] and click on the option ‘Redeem PLAYSTATION Network Card or Promotion Code’. Enter the following unique code to start the download of LittleBigPlanet.

215 Comments

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ MesHinthe626 on September 27th, 2008 at 10:52 am said:

i really want to get in this beta…can’t wait for the game to actually come out….

+ Lrgking on September 27th, 2008 at 11:03 am said:

@ 195 or 196, first to message me ill give it to you.

Email, O_Naranjo@verizon.net

+ boots555 on September 27th, 2008 at 11:17 am said:

So pumped to get one of these keys! If anyone gets an extra I would love to get in.

PSN ID: Boots555

+ MariusElijah on September 27th, 2008 at 11:52 am said:

Yall know IGN started giving out their codes yesterday…
Hopefully i got in
Add me
PSN ID: MariusElijah

+ QrafTee on September 27th, 2008 at 12:02 pm said:

Bet on the Kratos Sackboy promo.

+ Lrgking on September 27th, 2008 at 3:40 pm said:

Im sorry everyone that emailed me but I already gave it out to someone.
=[
I wish I could give everyone that emailed me one, and I wish I could get a code that is not for Europe!
Damn!

haha.

+ sportz103 on September 27th, 2008 at 5:54 pm said:

I went with the Kratos

+ Fubsier on September 28th, 2008 at 5:53 am said:

ANYBODY OUT THERE……?

+ PPS_MIKE on September 28th, 2008 at 3:42 pm said:

im here waitin 4 info on an lbp code

+ bu77chen on September 28th, 2008 at 5:43 pm said:

Hi,
I got in the beta trough Eurogames.com does this mean that I have to redownload the beta again with my old beta code or do I have to get a new one.
Thinking in connection to that point
“4) If you have previously redeemed a LBP voucher code, you must delete any old LBP data (along with save data and game data) and download this version
(go to Download History and redownload the new code).”

+ GarOp7g on September 28th, 2008 at 8:33 pm said:

Gamestop – Kratos of the Sack calls!!!!

+ Icedout on September 30th, 2008 at 6:38 am said:

I preordered the game at Gamestop to get the Kratos sackboy, however, I did not get the beta key nor did i get the Kratos sackboy. Now I’m mad.
Can you please guys help me out? I really want to try the game before it comes out.

+ Shakala on October 1st, 2008 at 4:19 pm said:

I preordered at Best Buy. <3 Nariko.

+ chriscowboyd on October 2nd, 2008 at 6:09 am said:

i dont need a bata if the full game comeing out on the 21. i been waiting for this game over a year a few more weeks is not going to kill me , plus anyone who complain about not getting the bata and do not buy this game need to give up his or her ps3 .

+ bugrimmar on October 6th, 2008 at 7:43 am said:

I’m not sure if you’re aware, but there’s a massive chunk of PS3 owners out here that are desperately in need of 1080i support. i’ve been playing the beta and my older HDTV doesn’t support 720p so it gets downscaled to 480p.

So please, I do hope that 1080i gets included in the final game.. it would be a real shame if it doesn’t.

PAGE 1 3 4 5