PS4-The Order

Update on PSN Cards

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Sep 26, 2008 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

As many of you have been asking for the PLAYSTATION Network Cards (especially in light of the huge PLAYSTATION Store content update yesterday)), we are excited to let you know that we have a full roll-out at major retailers on the way. The PLAYSTATION Network Cards will be available at Walmart, Best Buy, select Sam’s Club outlets in October 2008, and at Barnes & Noble College Bookstores locations in November 2008. Cards are available in $20.00 and $50.00 denominations and are currently offered at BLOCKBUSTER, Pamida, Meijer Superstores and Speedway store locations.

We’ll continue to update you as these cards are available in these stores and as they become available in more retail locations.

112 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ slipping_halo on September 26th, 2008 at 11:04 am said:

Sweet deal!!

+ iluvps3 on September 26th, 2008 at 11:05 am said:

cool. Thanks

+ Stoffinator on September 26th, 2008 at 11:06 am said:

Is this just in the US or does this include Canada as well? Please let us know.

+ JaKhris on September 26th, 2008 at 11:06 am said:

Neat, I hope these cards will make it to Europe, some day…

Cheers,
Chris

+ ftwrthtx on September 26th, 2008 at 11:07 am said:

Thanks for the heads up.

+ theownerz on September 26th, 2008 at 11:09 am said:

thanks but arent they at 7-11 two right just asking

+ MACVIN on September 26th, 2008 at 11:10 am said:

And what about france, will we ever see these PSN cards.

+ AceGamer on September 26th, 2008 at 11:11 am said:

Finally.

I’ve been dying to get my hands on one.

+ lifeRPGs on September 26th, 2008 at 11:12 am said:

About bloody time.

+ joeboosauce on September 26th, 2008 at 11:12 am said:

In light of the numerous problems associated by paying by credit card on the PSN Store, I attempted to buy a PSN card yesterday with no luck. So I had no option to buy anything. Are you going to fix the credit card adrress verification system? Make the site more user friendly?

+ joeboosauce on September 26th, 2008 at 11:14 am said:

Also, I missed out on the $5 COD4 map pack due to problems with YOUR system. And your phone support were not helpful. Will you help????

+ CGAIT on September 26th, 2008 at 11:14 am said:

PLS HELP INFO …I BOUGHT 2 PSN CARDS IN ORLANDO LAST WEEK BUT I DONT HAVE IT YET, THOSE CARDS WILL BE ACCEPTED IN PUERTO RICO…??? DO I NEED TO RETURN IT TO THE STORE??

+ EvoAnubis on September 26th, 2008 at 11:16 am said:

Sweet!

+ HitnRunTony on September 26th, 2008 at 11:17 am said:

Will there be tax charged on the cards when you purchase them in store?

+ CGAIT on September 26th, 2008 at 11:18 am said:

PLAYSTATION NETWORK DONT SUPPORT PUERTO RICO?? DONT ACCEPT ANY OF MY VISA CARD OR DEBIT/VISA CARD THIS HAS BEEN A PROBLEM …ALWAYS…..

+ JustVashu on September 26th, 2008 at 11:21 am said:

Amazon PLEASEEEE :D. I Amazon would be the best place ever.

+ Mana Knight on September 26th, 2008 at 11:22 am said:

@ joeboosauce, make sure your address is the exact same as your bank for your credit card has on file. If it says “oak st”, you say “oak st”, not “Oak ST”, since it’s case sensitive. If you live in a apartment, you might have to put it on address line 1. People I know with problems, fixed them by one of those two methods.

I’ve been buying PSN Cards at Meijer since June. It’s nice to see other retailers get them, but I’m sticking to Meijer for them.

+ poisonedsodapop on September 26th, 2008 at 11:23 am said:

Finally some stores I actually go to pretty often. I’m glad to hear this.

+ nmc75 on September 26th, 2008 at 11:24 am said:

Hi Eric, great news about the availability of the PSN cards. I was at Target yesterday and was hoping to see some but didn’t. Hopefully they become ubiquitous soon.

I HATE to be a subject changer, but I have to ask since you are the man with the answer: what’s the latest for in-game voice-chat across games? I remember you stating that Sony is evaluating this.. I think with this feature, it will be the final nail in the coffin for “what makes Xbox Live better than PS3′s XMB for online features” (which as more and more features are rolled out for XMB is a very very short list).. please respond and let us know what’s up, is it at least still be looked at?

+ GGCAN on September 26th, 2008 at 11:28 am said:

@3 Stoffinator

What Jeff advised me to do earlier when they were at Blockbuster is call our headoffice in Canada for Blockbuster and inquire.

I’d suggest when they announce they are available at these store on this blog later in Oct 08….is to call a store or the head office and ask if Canada is also getting them at this time, or when they expect shipment.

+ Scodo_Thope on September 26th, 2008 at 11:29 am said:

Ok, Ok!

This should be a good thing!

:P

+ XxBigP123xX on September 26th, 2008 at 11:30 am said:

Cool. But I won’t actually need them.

+ Miami-305 on September 26th, 2008 at 11:32 am said:

when will they be at GameStop

+ jazzyrider on September 26th, 2008 at 11:32 am said:

Can we get these online? I’d like to send my friends and brothers a card for Christmas.

+ un4gvn94538 on September 26th, 2008 at 11:33 am said:

will believe when i see.

+ C-h-a-o-s on September 26th, 2008 at 11:35 am said:

They’re finally hitting the huge retailers

+ xilla on September 26th, 2008 at 11:39 am said:

PS3 is a beta

+ phat-smurf on September 26th, 2008 at 11:40 am said:

but what about Canada?

+ jcasanova on September 26th, 2008 at 11:40 am said:

Wonder if some day tPSN cards will be available in WalMarts and Sams Clubs outside the US.

+ Theossie on September 26th, 2008 at 11:46 am said:

Thanks for the information.

Question though, would it possible in the future for us to have the option to purchase and game from the PS Store for someone else… For example

I have family in Florida. I’m in Georgia. And I want to buy MM9 for both of us…

Would be cool if I could enter their PSN ID for them as like a gift purchase and them maybe the game would show up in their download list for them when they sign on to the network

+ StalkingSilence on September 26th, 2008 at 11:46 am said:

Smart move, probably won’t buy any for myself. But good idea.

+ DG on September 26th, 2008 at 11:52 am said:

Are you sure you don’t want to wait a few more years? I mean you don’t want to rush it do you?

These make great gifts. For me.

I’ve been told I’m hard to buy for and I suggested PSN cards and Live cards. I recived no PSN cards and a ton of MS points on my Birthday last week.

Quit slacking on the cards Sony! They should have been out by now.

+ WilliaM on September 26th, 2008 at 11:55 am said:

Thx for the update, when can we expect these cards in europe?

+ Letters2Kay on September 26th, 2008 at 12:00 pm said:

As I’d posted before, I think it’s dangerous to say “PSN cards available at Blockbuster!” when about half of all Blockbusters are franchise locations that will most likely NEVER see them. I’d ammend it to read “PSN cards are available at CORPORATE Blockbuster locations”…

+ houseonfire on September 26th, 2008 at 12:00 pm said:

will they be out in europe ???????????

+ CGAIT on September 26th, 2008 at 12:02 pm said:

THANKS …

+ Jeigh on September 26th, 2008 at 12:02 pm said:

Yays!~ Not that it really affects me, but this is pretty cool! :D

Might be a good stocking-stuffer.

Thanks for the update.

+ EViD on September 26th, 2008 at 12:07 pm said:

what about amazon?

+ Nymo on September 26th, 2008 at 12:10 pm said:

That’s good news!
Still not quite the walking-friendly locations for me, but at least that’s more places to get before the holiday season!

+ Violater on September 26th, 2008 at 12:11 pm said:

Today is my B-day, can I get into a beta plz?

+ B1ack_Mage on September 26th, 2008 at 12:27 pm said:

only took 2 years…. but, at least they’re finally out

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on September 26th, 2008 at 12:42 pm said:

Great, just bring those to Mexico and Latin America

+ Nynja on September 26th, 2008 at 1:01 pm said:

Nice. Please don’t sell out to GameStop.

I would imagine they want a cut of the money since they claim downloadable content it eats into their profits which extends to the longevity of a retail game reducing the number of trade-ins (where they in-turn rape the publishers and consumers).

GameStop has no right decide how the industry should operate.

+ tezasaurus on September 26th, 2008 at 1:04 pm said:

Good news! I have a valid credit card so this isn’t going to affect me, but it’s nice that you’re updating folks!

+ THATPSPGUY on September 26th, 2008 at 1:07 pm said:

O Canada we have no cards for thee……………

+ fed315 on September 26th, 2008 at 1:08 pm said:

im from nyc when can i start seeing cards at rite aid only nearby store for me thanks for the update

+ TheApprentice on September 26th, 2008 at 1:11 pm said:

Why can’t you just specify whether its the US only?
Please clarify if Canada is included!

+ JinRamen on September 26th, 2008 at 1:11 pm said:

Just bought a $20 PSN card today at local blockbuster and got charged $1.20 in tax. I was under the impression no tax would be charged. Whats the deal?

+ mza49311 on September 26th, 2008 at 1:20 pm said:

Awesome, now I know what I can ask to get for christmasfrom anyone who asks me what I want, sadly this is very few or I’d be banking!

+ ddog on September 26th, 2008 at 1:24 pm said:

sweeet!! i checked my whole city and no cards hopefully el paso will now have them with new stores

PAGE 1 2 3