Uncharted 4

PlayStation Around the Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Sep 28, 2008 // Sr. Social Media Manager

If the reading list seems a bit shorter than usual, it’s because I’ve been on the road (LittleBigPlanet@Parsons, Resistance 2 press event, PSB Orlando Meet-up). That means I’ll need your help with links – please let us know what you’ve been reading in the comments below.

The PS Blog weekly reading list (Week of 9/22)

And as I’m waiting at the airport, one more thing to drool over.

45 Comments

+ ghamdikh1 on September 28th, 2008 at 12:11 pm said:

good to see you around Jeff.

+ lifeRPGs on September 28th, 2008 at 12:28 pm said:

I’d just like to know when WIPEOUT HD will be patched. the game is broken with full of freezes.

+ C-h-a-o-s on September 28th, 2008 at 12:35 pm said:

I hope there’s no 2 player co-op trophies, i’m screwed if there is, or I hope they can be unlocked in 8 player online co-op.

+ Vhammoss on September 28th, 2008 at 12:38 pm said:

Good week. Jeff, any news on soldner-x?

+ 001 on September 28th, 2008 at 12:39 pm said:

I’m having trouble deciding. Should I get quest for booty or wipeout HD?

+ TheInfectedBy590 on September 28th, 2008 at 12:41 pm said:

is Suda51′s PS1 game also coming to the american PSN? (plz say yes!) :D

+ CitizenInsane27 on September 28th, 2008 at 12:58 pm said:

@001

Depends, if you like white-knuckle crazy anti-grav racing, or if you are a hardcore R&C fan. Me, I own both, but WipEout is definitely worth more for the money.

+ Nitrowolf2 on September 28th, 2008 at 1:17 pm said:

question
are you guys going to distribut LBP beta keys in anyway through ps blog, or G.A.P?

+ Money1 on September 28th, 2008 at 1:23 pm said:

next stop, little big planet

+ MegaClank on September 28th, 2008 at 1:35 pm said:

Gaming on the PS3 in October will be much better.

+ KazeEternal on September 28th, 2008 at 1:41 pm said:

Thanks for bringing the Blog to Orlando Friday Jeff it was fun !!

BTW got that roll down on Wipeout HD.

+ mrnagy88 on September 28th, 2008 at 2:04 pm said:

Can’t access MTV gaming website from Canada, they should just use gametrailers.com since they own it. wth.

+ T_Tokyo on September 28th, 2008 at 2:16 pm said:

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for peeople in the U.S., rest up guys.

+ EvoAnubis on September 28th, 2008 at 2:37 pm said:

Me.

Want.

LittleBigPlanet.

Beta.

+ EvoAnubis on September 28th, 2008 at 2:37 pm said:

Oh……Home Beta too.

+ FritoZ on September 28th, 2008 at 2:43 pm said:

Hi Jeff- how’s the jetlag from all that traveling? Thanks for covering the gaming goodness, man-

now for the story-

*******************************
NEW GRAN TURISMO TEASER MOVIE!

NEW GRAN TURISMO MOVIE!!

short but sweet- no gameplay, just a teaser to get you more pumped for this great game!

it’s in Japanese, but just click on either the .wmv or quicktime links!

about 30 megs!

nice!

***************

I CAN’T WAIT for this game…i spent 100+ hours on Oblivion….and this is going to be even better..

FALLOUT 3 – 6 hours of gameplay!!!

*************

FATALITY! Jack “I hate all videogame and want them all banned” Thompson has been disbarred..PERMANANTLY!!

Read about it at destructoid

And check out the hilarious animation! lol!

****************
oh yeah, and stay away from any thing a Gamestop employee has to “go get from the back room”…he actually means “go get it from the BATHroom!”

game consoles stored in Gamestop bathroom

Xbox PEE-60…lol!

********

good week for gaming!

thanks for the recap as always, Jeff!

+ Chaos_Bladez on September 28th, 2008 at 2:45 pm said:

Good thing you didn’t post that crappy review of Wipeout HD on Gamespot. :D
Haters over there.

+ CitizenInsane27 on September 28th, 2008 at 3:21 pm said:

@Chaos_Bladez

Yeah, they are sometimes. From the context of their review, it was very positive, the impressions I got from it was that the game was an 8.5 or a 9/10, yet they docked it way too severely. They always give harsher scores than most outlets because they feel new games need to be judged harder than old ones were, which is fine when it’s a $60 retail title, but the fact that yes, WipEout HD features all the tracks from the PSP titles is kind of lame, BUT the PSP titles are still expensive, the two of them together would cost about $50 USD. Now, compare that to the $20 HD spectacular on the PSN. I’d say that alone merits it a higher score regardless of it’s pre-existent formats.

+ WHAT on September 28th, 2008 at 4:14 pm said:

Steering Wheel in WOHD. That way I don’t have to set fire to my PS3 in protest. I was always able to break the disk and send it back. :(

+ p-s-3 on September 28th, 2008 at 4:37 pm said:

WipeOut:HD is BRILLIANT!!! ;-P

+ Dr-MoHD on September 28th, 2008 at 4:39 pm said:

Good Luck

+ Jeigh on September 28th, 2008 at 4:51 pm said:

I thought this weeks sidebar was moving kind of slowly. Good articles there, nonetheless.

+ ftwrthtx on September 28th, 2008 at 5:06 pm said:

@Jeff

Why are the Playstation forums shunned by Blog posters?

+ lb003g0676 on September 28th, 2008 at 5:19 pm said:

JRPG’s at TGS please :D

The blog is coverign TGS right? Are you goign to the pre-TGS Sony party? Any chnace of some leaks?

:P

I kid.

+ FeaturePreacher on September 28th, 2008 at 5:53 pm said:

Mirror’s Edge On PS3 Gets Exclusive DLC

kotaku.com/5044129/mirrors-edge-on-ps3-gets-exclusive-dlc

If it’s true that only the ps3 is getting DLC, and not the 360, then you guys should promote this more around November 11.

+ FeaturePreacher on September 28th, 2008 at 5:55 pm said:

I hope Little Big Planet sells well. However, I also hope Sony has enough sense to release a PS3 SKU that has the official bluetooth headset bundled with a PS3 and the game, that is if Little Big Planet is the system seller that Sony hopes it will be.

+ lakaihigh on September 28th, 2008 at 6:28 pm said:

knock on wood. I have no problems with my WipEout HD. I feel for you guys that keep getting locked up in it. sorry to hear that. hope everything works out for ya.

peace,
Lh

+ BiezulbubBill69 on September 28th, 2008 at 6:45 pm said:

I’m sure you’ve heard this before but I’d just like to say it again. PLEASE HURRY UP AND PATCH/FIX WIPEOUT. I’m not deleting people off my list just so I can play this game online. Argh!

+ elmonstro on September 28th, 2008 at 7:24 pm said:

Hi Jeff.

I haven’t commented here in a long time, mainly because I’ve been busy on another website. I’ve still read most of the posts (but not their comments), and I really like these “PlayStation around the Web” posts.

Since I am working part time and taking >18 credit-hours at college, I don’t have a tremendous amount of free time. Being able to just look at one post each week and read basically everything that’s going on in the PlayStation world (and the gaming world in general) is incredibly nice, and the articles you find are excellent.

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to read all those articles and find the ones that you think are interesting/informative.

Keep up the good work there at Sony! Tell the guys at Studio Liverpool that Wipeout rocks, will ya?

+ BZKlint on September 28th, 2008 at 7:30 pm said:

You’re lucky Jeff…

You must get into all the betas by default :(

+ Dann7978 on September 28th, 2008 at 8:52 pm said:

Jeff come challege me in some wipeout. The game is awesome definately worth my money.

+ ftwrthtx on September 29th, 2008 at 7:35 am said:

For all of your trophy questions:

+ zeke2040 on September 29th, 2008 at 8:32 am said:

thanks for the recap… these update and hands-on are always good..

+ Azured_Scorpio on September 29th, 2008 at 9:27 am said:

Bummer! Burnout Paradise trophies NOT retroactive! It’s too much! :(

+ Slick_Paki on September 29th, 2008 at 9:38 am said:

Nothing about Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 on the Playstation blog ever.. what’s up with that?

+ BIGxDADDYxJAY on September 29th, 2008 at 11:25 am said:

I can’t believe this…everyone knows that Xbox has the red ring of fire….well there is something like that for the ps3 and its called the yellow light of doom….this yellow light is just like the red ring. so everyone who has a ps3 be very careful you do not get the yellow light of doom.

+ tezasaurus on September 29th, 2008 at 12:20 pm said:

So you guys are seriously not even going to comment on the Wipeout HD crash bug? *shakes head*

+ GGCAN on September 29th, 2008 at 12:30 pm said:

Just wanted to advise other Canadians, Future Shop in Canada now has pre-orders available on their site.

PS3 Fanboy put out the message and today I went to the link Fanboy provided and ordered my copy.

An email was sent immediately from Future Shop to confirm that my order was indeed placed.

+ GGCAN on September 29th, 2008 at 12:31 pm said:

My comment for @39 is for

LBP – Little Big Planet – pre-orders now being taken at Future Shop Canada.

+ TheGraciousOne on September 29th, 2008 at 2:00 pm said:

Third Parties Abandoning PSP

+ BZKlint on September 29th, 2008 at 3:00 pm said:

@37

troll!

+ Chaos_Bladez on September 29th, 2008 at 8:28 pm said:

Thanks citizeninsane27, they always do that. :(

+ sonyaddicted on October 1st, 2008 at 8:34 am said:

Check this: http://www.groups.pikaba.com/11.aspx Everyone can join this group buy and get a discounted PS3/