PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

See the Official PlayStation Bluetooth Headset

Anand Agarwal's Avatar + Posted by Anand Agarwal on Oct 02, 2008 // Sr. Manager, Brand Marketing

Hey PlayStation fans! Thanks for your enthusiastic response on our first blog post on the advanced features of the official Bluetooth Headset for the PS3. We have put together a feature video for the Headset and wanted to post it here so that you can see it firsthand.

As you may already know, this headset will be available with the SOCOM: Confrontation bundle ($59.99 MSRP) on Oct 14th and as a stand-alone peripheral ($49.99 MSRP) shortly thereafter.

117 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ IIIKAGEIII on October 4th, 2008 at 2:23 am said:

definate buy with socom. the proximity chat is awesome

+ hehe1 on October 4th, 2008 at 12:40 pm said:

I just want to say isn’t $49.99 a bit too much for the headset alone? I don’t really want to buy the socom game with the headset but I guess I might have to to get a better deal but I’ll get the socom game since I’ve never played it before :)

+ BGursky59 on October 4th, 2008 at 6:19 pm said:

looks cool

+ Amir29 on October 5th, 2008 at 2:15 pm said:

I don’t know. I feel like I’m being force-fed SOCOM on this one. I want to get the Bluetooth, but I agree that for $10 I would obviously get SOCOM along with it. However, to have more people utilizing the Bluetooth, I would have found it wiser not to charge so much for the headset. $50 for a bluetooth IS a little steep.

+ nxp3 on October 6th, 2008 at 7:59 am said:

I have the pelican controller stand for charging the controllers so I don’t worry too much about leaving the ps3 on to charge the controller, but I see why some people would want that option, especially with so many peripherals coming out for the ps3. I think the keypad would be very useful. There’s two extra usb port on my charging stand to accomodate it. But I do not see the blutooth mic as being too important. I got a few blutooth headset laying around that I don’t even use. What makes this better than the rest beside the ps3 logo. I’m not a big fan of socom, if this were with another online game that I don’t have, I might buy it. But I won’t pay 49 for it either.

+ PuRe-EviL10 on October 6th, 2008 at 12:29 pm said:

Could someone at Sony please contact Zipper Int. and have them take back Socom, and make it right. This is our money they are playing with and not playing right. They are ruining Zippers creation!!

This is gonna be the end of Socom and quick if someone that knows what they are doing doesn’t step in soon.

Thanks Slant 6 for ruining the best game ever to hit the PS game console.

SONY DO SOMETHING OR YOUR GONNA BE DISAPPOINTED IN THE FUTURE.

+ Gamer76 on October 6th, 2008 at 5:35 pm said:

Can’t Wait, This Headset is going to be so great!!

+ socomconfrontation on October 8th, 2008 at 1:52 pm said:

I cant freaking wait to pick it up, I been waiting for this since June.

+ winggod on October 10th, 2008 at 3:09 pm said:

I need help for SOCOM: Confrontation with Headset dose it come with the changeable stand the changeable ear pieces and have
noise cancellation.

+ Agent_Muffinman on October 11th, 2008 at 2:57 pm said:

@106
You obviously haven’t been with SOCOM since the beginning. So I’m going to give you an update… Zipper RUINED SOCOM with their 3rd and expansion game for the series. Yes that’s right, RUINED. Slant Six has come in and incorporated not only a sound sense of gameplay based off SOCOM 2, but have done an AMAZING job in creating awesome renditions of classic maps (not including the garbage from S3).

To anyone who has not played SOCOM 1 or 2, or is just skeptical about the new game… I urge you to buy the bundle. This game isn’t like CoD4, it takes teamwork and strategy. And the reason the standalone headset is $49.99, while the bundle is $59.99, is because it’s a BUNDLE! Meaning you SAVE MONEY by buying it.

+ Agent_Muffinman on October 11th, 2008 at 2:59 pm said:

winggod,
The bundle will come with SOCOM: Confrontation, the HD noise-cancelling blue-tooth headset, and a charging cradle for the headset (which can be worn on either ear).

+ Juniorlavigne on October 12th, 2008 at 3:56 pm said:

getting this for sure

+ cowtipperboi on October 15th, 2008 at 2:24 am said:

I love to play the Drums/Guitar and sing on Rockband. Do you know if this will be compatible with RB2/GH4? I would buy it if it was. Would love for Sony to confirm this. Thanks!

+ edenney on October 16th, 2008 at 3:07 am said:

I noticed you can download the complete Socom Confrontation game from the PS3 store for $39.99. I really prefer to do this whenever possible so I don’t have to bother with changing discs (wish all the stinkin games installed completely to the HD like I assumed they would when the PS3s came out). However, I’d rather buy the bundle for $59.99 which comes with the headset AND the game and save $20-30 over buying them separately. Question is, anybody know if the disc version installs completely to the HD like it does if you buy it from the store? Anybody here buy the bundle and know?

+ sparkyguy10 on October 22nd, 2008 at 3:39 pm said:

Sony I wonder if you can get a wireless router that just pairs with your PSP,PS3 and you just set it up on your computer so it works with other wireless devices

+ rev73 on October 28th, 2008 at 9:26 am said:

Hi, does anyone can confirm whether this official bluetooth headset works fine with COD4? Thanks.

+ nitel on October 29th, 2008 at 9:38 pm said: