PS4-Watch_Dogs

PLAYSTATION Network Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Oct 03, 2008 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi again! The weekend’s here – time for your weekly update of new movie & TV shows on the PLAYSTATION Network.

This week we’ve added new video content from the following television series:

• Damages,Season 1
  • Suzuka, Season 1
  • The Closer, Season 4
  • The Venture Bros., Season 3

We’ve also added the following feature films:

• 48 Hrs.
  • Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
  • Fido
  • Freddy Got Fingered
  • Galaxy Quest
  • Get Rich or Die Tryin’
  • Ghost and The Darkness
  • Grandma’s Boy (Unrated)
  • Heartbreak Ridge
  • Stop-Loss
  • Summer Rental
  • The Apple Dumpling Gang
  • The Core
  • The Education of Little Tree
  • The Girl Next Door
  • The Girl Next Door (Unrated)
  • The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou
  • The Omega Man
  • The Orphanage
  • Tombstone
  • Venom
  • We’re No Angels
  • What Women Want
  • Witness
  • World Trade Center
  • X-Men: The Last Stand

And, here are our top 20 movie and top 20 TV downloads for the week:

top movie downloads 10/3

top tv downloads 10/3

Finally, we’ve also got a featurette from THE HAPPENING which will be a new release available for download on PlayStation Network starting 10/7. The video is titled ‘Natural Fear: Inside M. Night Shyamalan’s THE HAPPENING’ . Check it out!

Have a great weekend!

55 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ tep on October 3rd, 2008 at 6:01 pm said:

W00t! Barbarella on my PS3 :-)

+ NewYork214 on October 3rd, 2008 at 6:03 pm said:

i might get iron man tonight. thanks for update

+ mysongska on October 3rd, 2008 at 6:05 pm said:

lots of movies!!! Keep it up!!!

+ XxBigP123xX on October 3rd, 2008 at 6:06 pm said:

WOW!

If the PSN store didn’t have such crappy DRM I would’ve Bought like 5 of those movies :O

+ Captain Fury on October 3rd, 2008 at 6:09 pm said:

@4

Blame movie studios…

+ kspraydad on October 3rd, 2008 at 6:10 pm said:

@5…I don’t mind the DRM…I just want a way to redownload to the same PSN id on the same machine and a way to change the license to a new machine if I’ve sent one in for service.

+ AranhaHunter on October 3rd, 2008 at 6:17 pm said:

DRM is definitely an issue guys, but it’s not just PSN, XBL and itunes DRM also suck a lot of ass, anyways this is a good update and it seems like Paramount is on full force after slacking for awhile, Disney fell behind, but hopefully they’ll start adding their movies soon. 2 things though:

1)New season of VERY, VERY popular TV Shows that are already available in the store have started (Family Guy, American Dad and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia), itunes and XBL already got new seasons, PSN should hopefully get on the ball soon.

2)I like browsing movies and TV Shows by Movie Studios/Network, as of now the following movie studios do not have an icon to browse and their movies are not listed under its parent companies:
-New Line
-Dreamworks
-Miramax
-Touchstone
-Hollywood Pictures
-Dimension Films
-Lorimar
-Allied Films

Some of them have more than 5 movies, I feel they should be listed with their own icons for easier browsing, but if that’s not feasible at least list their movies under the parent company, i.e. New Line under WB or Miramax under Disney.

+ Masterofallz on October 3rd, 2008 at 6:26 pm said:

DRM=FTL.

+ schwaa on October 3rd, 2008 at 6:31 pm said:

Excellent job on the movie store so far, the lineup is very impressive. Just give us a way to get them back if we buy one and then lose it!

+ tearsofash on October 3rd, 2008 at 6:31 pm said:

Eek! Another good anime put up on PSN

+ Scodo_Thope on October 3rd, 2008 at 7:12 pm said:

Good stuff!

:P

+ lakaihigh on October 3rd, 2008 at 7:16 pm said:

that is a butt load of movies that you guys just added there! I’d buy some but I’m bound to upgrade my HD any day now.

On a side note, the Happening was an alright movie. great story just bad acting.

peace,
Lh

+ fed315 on October 3rd, 2008 at 7:16 pm said:

nice update

+ zakir8 on October 3rd, 2008 at 7:30 pm said:

nice one guys. these movies r just filling up my 40gb hdd.

+ Scarneck93 on October 3rd, 2008 at 7:58 pm said:

Very nice indeed

+ Syanara on October 3rd, 2008 at 8:15 pm said:

GRANDMA’S BOY LOL that movie rocks!

+ SonnyJim on October 3rd, 2008 at 8:26 pm said:

Shweet

+ Sentry on October 3rd, 2008 at 8:31 pm said:

Hi Grace, I was just wondering will The Happening be available for purchase in HD? Great update, thanks.

+ Masterofallz on October 3rd, 2008 at 8:44 pm said:

World Trade Center was a REALLY good movie.
Great job on adding the movies! Im starting to love my PSN store even more!

+ Happy_man on October 3rd, 2008 at 9:04 pm said:

Real nice update, also I have a question.

What ever happen to “Ice Road Truckers”, I saw on an update posted over a month ago saying that you put season 1 on the store, and till this day, I have yet to see it. An update on that would be appreciated, I really want to start buying them.

+ kurtkbee on October 3rd, 2008 at 9:48 pm said:

wow, nice update !

There are still a few things that remain lacking and i hope that Sony will fix this soon:

1) Ratings
The ability for people who have watched the movie to rate a movie (out of 5?)

2) Popularity
The ability to filter “within” genre for the popularity (i.e. the number of downloads of movies)

3) Previews of movies before downloading
At the moment only very few previews exist for the rather small library of movies posted on PSN

4) Freestuff
A section for free movie downloads (small indy or short films) as this would entice people to use the store

5) 3rd party rating/info Database
Integration with a movie review site (like rottentomotoes.com) to immediately see if a movie got good reviews before i download (could be in the movie details/info section)

6) Movie metadata info
“Every” film should have info/details about the movie (genre,year,actor,synopsis).

+ BZKlint on October 3rd, 2008 at 9:55 pm said:

Nice to see “Meet the Spartans” is off the list ;)

+ MeanMrMustard on October 3rd, 2008 at 10:11 pm said:

So I had bought like three movies. All the Metalocalypse episodes you had up, some of Chuck, and a few Universe ones too. Then my PS3 broke. Sent it in to get fixed, had to re-format my harddrive, no problem. But wait, I can’t re-download the shows that I bought? Well, I’ll never buy another thing from the PSN. Sorry.

+ Quickxdrawxkid1 on October 3rd, 2008 at 10:13 pm said:

dragonball z or gundam wing just a suggestion…

+ Quickxdrawxkid1 on October 3rd, 2008 at 10:15 pm said:

oh yeah and predator

+ droopysp on October 3rd, 2008 at 10:22 pm said:

Wat about some more MARTIN seasons and the jamie fox show!!

+ droopysp on October 3rd, 2008 at 10:25 pm said:

to MeanMRMustard, or watever,

U gotta call them so they will let you redownload 4 movies

+ kh3khalid on October 3rd, 2008 at 10:52 pm said:

Why only the USA Store gets the movies ? why can’t we buy it also .? this is unfair ..

+ MajorZ3R077 on October 3rd, 2008 at 10:59 pm said:

You forgot to add Fight Club to the list of movies you added for the week.

+ saintfighteraqua on October 3rd, 2008 at 11:07 pm said:

You went wild this time! Awesome update….now if you’ll start selling hdd’s at Game Stop so we can upgrade our systems without any hassle.

+ BIG-SLUG on October 3rd, 2008 at 11:48 pm said:

Too bad I just bought Tombstone on DVD……I couldn’t wait for bluray

+ AranhaHunter on October 4th, 2008 at 1:09 am said:

@23 MeanMrMustard

That sucks, I feel sorry for you, yeah the DRM for the movies is ridiculous, for the games is a little more fair.

+ hijaker77 on October 4th, 2008 at 3:50 am said:

@23….. OUCH!

I would rather purchase these movies on DVD…. as for downloading and storing them on HDD which I don’t like, especially with DRM.

I haven’t purchased any blu-ray titles yet. DVDs are good and cheap ;)

+ firehahahahahaha on October 4th, 2008 at 4:32 am said:

Awesome update guys. I hate downloading movies and watching them, and I’d much rather just buy it, but after seeing some of theese awesome movies, and with the PSN cards out, I might just get a few :)

+ Natiej85 on October 4th, 2008 at 5:35 am said:

The collection is all over the place and I’m loving it. Just keep hopin for newer Studios and Networks to pop up. But I like where it’s going.

+ HAAS599 on October 4th, 2008 at 6:00 am said:

Great update!!! Keep it coming

Also, please allow ALL movies & TV shows to be rented.

+ Nitrowolf2 on October 4th, 2008 at 6:36 am said:

@ 6 i think
there is a way to get your own psn on other ps3

+ BurningChimaera on October 4th, 2008 at 7:08 am said:

Is there any progress being made bringing the movie store to Canada?

+ harlemzkid on October 4th, 2008 at 8:06 am said:

so now when we buy we finally get to keep what ever we buy from the video store?

+ Methtical07 on October 4th, 2008 at 9:11 am said:

I Think you should put in Pink Floyd The Wall Movie

+ cell989 on October 4th, 2008 at 9:53 am said:

the only reason I never buy PSN movies, is for the fact that they dont even have subtitles. Its late 2008 and digital downloads still dont have subtitles.

+ BULL3TPR00F on October 4th, 2008 at 11:16 am said:

we need this in Canada….

any plans?

+ manual alphabet on October 4th, 2008 at 11:27 am said:

Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford please

+ FritoZ on October 4th, 2008 at 11:30 am said:

well, even though i’m still hating on the DRM issues and prices, i gotta say the content is coming along nicely..hopefully SOMEONE will realize they could be making waaaay more money if they just acknowledged the current pricing/rental policy is flawed..

cheers!!!!

PS Little Big Planet Beta Members!
check out “Midnight in the Gnome Garden” by FritoZ!

+ owenlnix on October 4th, 2008 at 11:37 am said:

The only way I could ever do this is if I canceled netflix. If you could offer 19.99 3 movies @ a time that would get me.
If you follow that plan you can make proven money, and without the shipping you could clean-up. PSN should compete with gamefly also.

I WILL NEVER BY A SINGLE WITH DRM.

+ cb_32 on October 4th, 2008 at 12:12 pm said:

they should bring this to canada

+ MeanMrMustard on October 4th, 2008 at 3:34 pm said:

@ 32 & 33: Thanks for the sympathy, too bad Sony doesn’t feel so bad about me losing $40.00 worth of videos because I can’t re-download them. Thanks Sony.

+ dmorris1129 on October 4th, 2008 at 4:34 pm said:

great update. if possible add preview option to all movies and tv shows

+ sudeeps3 on October 5th, 2008 at 4:07 am said:

When will we people from UAE be able to download movies from PlayStation Store? :-(

+ kspraydad on October 5th, 2008 at 11:40 am said:

@27…

Let me see it IN WRITING that 4 re-downloads of Purchased Movies are part of your purchase agreement…it ISN’T.

SONY’s EULA on the MOVIES specifies ONE download ever and only. IF they do authorize a second download of the bought movie they are under no OBLIGATION to do so.

Until they put it into writing that I can move my licence easily and in perpertuity I can not fathom ANYONE buying content.

Someone earlier brought up iTunes…iTunes allows you to archive to disc.

Someone broght up Xbox…I bought PS because I want and expect MORE than the Xbox experience.

PAGE 1 2