Until Dawn

Oct 07

Qore Episode 5 Hits PSN Thursday

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar Posted by Kevin Furuichi on Oct 07, 2008 // Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

Hey everyone, my name is Kevin Furuichi and I’m the new Executive Producer here at the PlayStation Network. The Qore team’s put together a spook-tacular, monster-themed Halloween Special for Episode 05 available in the PlayStation Store on Thursday, October 9, here’s a preview.

Fallout 3
Nuclear winter in Washington, D.C. and mutated humans and beasts are really not so happy about the way things turned out. Do you dare leave the bunker and confront their radiation-amplified personality issues?

Resident Evil 5
The series that invented the term “Survival Horror” is back and better than ever on PlayStation 3 – just don’t call them “zombies” – they HATE that!

Dead Space
Talk about creepy. Our “trio of terror” is complete with a game that’s banned in China, Germany, Japan. When you see the gameplay, words really fail to describe… well, actually, how about “Strategic Dismemberment.” Also included is an exclusive graphic novel!

Shaun White Snowboarding
Well, it’s not exactly spooky, but Olympic Champion Shaun White is a monster on any mountain. Veronica meets “The Flying Tomato” in Park City, Utah for a personal tour of his new game.

New Downloadable Content:
Included in this episode is exclusive access to SEGA’s Valkyria Chronicles demo. Qore Episode 05 also contains three different shooting galleries. Clear the galleries to reveal a horrifying bonus video segment.

Finally, check out the “What’s Hot” section for Audrey Cleo’s roundup of the top Blu-ray releases in October.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ TheVesra on October 7th, 2008 at 4:28 pm said:

@30, 25 not so well spent bucks. irregardless if it’s 2.10 an episode. 25$ that could have been spent buying other content on psn, or, preordering any of the upcoming games, or, to buy a couple hours with ya mom when the rents due(couldn’t resist). if you really feel 25$ isn’t that big a deal, then hey, refund my money for me and i’ll gladly shut up about the lackluster content i’ve been recieving.

+ TheHater on October 7th, 2008 at 4:30 pm said:

@35 Masterrofallz
Who cares if MS delay stuff, this have nothing to do with this.

+ SSephirothT on October 7th, 2008 at 4:40 pm said:

Hi, I’m a new qore subscriber and I went to download the calling all cars game from the subscription. However, my download list was already full so I couldn’t set it to download in the background. And so I canceled the download thinking I could redownload it again from my download history. But when I try, it gives me an error. So I’m wondering if there is a way for me to redownload that game? Thanks in advance.

+ MUGEN02 on October 7th, 2008 at 4:42 pm said:

A demo for a game that came out in april for japan and a demo of a game I could care less about.

I hope to see the killzone 2 beta for next month’s exlusive, chop chop kevin.

+ stewey on October 7th, 2008 at 4:43 pm said:

Sweet! I’m looking forward to it.

+ eric1018 on October 7th, 2008 at 4:45 pm said:

This is random, but any news on High Velocity Bowling; I miss that game. There was suppose to be online…

+ Dave702 on October 7th, 2008 at 4:46 pm said:

Cool, can’t wait

+ Clinton514 on October 7th, 2008 at 4:47 pm said:

@#10 – Stop with the leaking of NDA beta content\footage and maybe they’ll attempt to please YOU specifically. :|

Anyway, I’m looking forward to anything on RE5 and Dead Space. Keep the goods coming!

+ C-h-a-o-s on October 7th, 2008 at 4:50 pm said:

Congrats on your new position, by any chance do you have any say over the PSN Icons? We could use some new ones, the current selection stinks.

+ kleanx on October 7th, 2008 at 4:54 pm said:

Two thumbs up for the Qore team. I am not a subscriber but I had a look at the previous Qore episodes and i’m happily surprised.
You can be proud of what you’re doing because it’s surely a first in the industry to produce and deliver an interactive magazine for such a niche market as the PS3. So far what I’ve seen is top-notch and professional quality

Of course there are problems, it’s only issue n°5. Creating Qore involve many people from different fields and when, as a producer, you have to deal with third-party delayq, you have you hands tied.. should the entire Qore be delayed ?

Of course Qore can and will be improved, but only constructive criticism can help, so stop the sh***ing. I wish good luck to the Qore team, especially to the 2 lovely female host, maybe can come to Paris one day to promote Qore :-)

+ Enigma777 on October 7th, 2008 at 4:55 pm said:

Wow, i’m surprised this crap is still running. i would have thought sony pulled the plug on this massive failure known as Qore… I feel really bad for all the people who were suckered into buying this

+ tearsofash on October 7th, 2008 at 5:21 pm said:

Oh come on, Qore is not a failure. It can actually be pretty entertaining. The only thing they need to work on is the demo/betas being out when the issue is out. Which, they actually managed to take care of with issue 05

+ Zorox on October 7th, 2008 at 5:23 pm said:

In the Fallout 3 segment, did you guys ask Bethesda why they are screwing over PS3 owner? The lack of trophies and DLC is total BS and no one should a company that does that.

+ TheHater on October 7th, 2008 at 5:41 pm said:

@50 Zorox
I so hope the ask about those things you mention, because I for one isn’t buy Fallout 3 because of the way the treat us. It like we are the redheaded step-child in their “family”. So screw them, and they aren’t getting my money.

+ Slaughter on October 7th, 2008 at 5:43 pm said:

WOW. Im so disappointed with QORE. I spent 24.00 us to get an annual subscription and it nothing more than what you can get for free on the internet. My first magazine wasn’t too bad with the motorstorm demo, but only one demo! I would expect more for the price.

I really hope this magazine improves in the coming months. Otherwise it was a good idea and I really enjoy looking at the host. :D

Suggested improvements:

1. More content
2. More Exclusive Demos
3. More Beta Invites
4. More sexy women hosting the segments
5. Fan Comments and Questions answered section…just like the magazines.

+ mdo7 on October 7th, 2008 at 5:49 pm said:

Glad to see these games coming on the way. It’s good to see RE5, Fallout 3, and Dead Space. But what I don’t understand is why Dead Space is ban in Japan. That game is horror survival and has something that you wouldn’t find in RE and Silent Hill. Could somebody show Capcom Japan that game and maybe they can have both RE5 and Dead Space released in Japan during the same time.

+ len1978 on October 7th, 2008 at 5:51 pm said:

I love Qore But I feel a little down about the R2 Beta. Good thing the LBP Beta is keeping me busy, but I still want what I paid for.
Thanks for all the hard work guys…keep it up

+ un-discovered on October 7th, 2008 at 5:57 pm said:

Boring Qore.

+ ChocoDK on October 7th, 2008 at 6:16 pm said:

This Episode of Qore looks really good. I’ll wait though to get the pin number in the Official Playstation Magazine as I do for all of the Qore Episodes. I really can’t wait to get Issue 4. That sucks though now that you are putting in this demo “exclusivly” for Qore but I’ll just wait till I get it a month later.

I personally dislike Qore though because I find the interviews sort of boring. But if the games are good such as this month then it can be a good issue.

+ scarface3010 on October 7th, 2008 at 6:29 pm said:

Thanks for the update Kevin. I really like Qore, I can really tell that you guys/gals put a lot of TLC into each episode. Is there any truth in the rumors that the HOME open beta will be given to Qore subscription holders. Thanks.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on October 7th, 2008 at 6:59 pm said:

We\’re working on this for the current Extended Closed Beta. We are trying to get you guys into HOME before the official public beta.

We hope to have more information in about two weeks.

+ lakaihigh on October 7th, 2008 at 6:46 pm said:

any info related to dead space sounds good to me. I’m gonna wait for reviews on that and bioshock and then make my decision on which to buy. sadly can’t afford both right now.

+ Ed187 on October 7th, 2008 at 6:50 pm said:

Sweet I can’t wait for Deadspace.

+ Stoffinator on October 7th, 2008 at 6:58 pm said:

Sounds sweet. But I will wait until Qore is free or at least worth its asking price.

PAGE 1 2 3