PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

SOCOM Confrontation update

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Oct 15, 2008 // Sr. Social Media Manager

We’ve noticed a couple of comments today on the blog from gamers who purchased SOCOM Confrontation; you’ve been asking “Where are the trophies?”

Well, I just wrapped up a conversation with the SOCOM team, where they’ve confirmed the fact that trophies *will* be coming, via a patch, within the next couple of weeks.

Stay tuned to SOCOM.com for the latest on SOCOM Confrontation.

355 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 8

+ thedude185 on October 15th, 2008 at 3:40 pm said:

good to hear =)

+ Ghostm on October 15th, 2008 at 3:41 pm said:

BOOOOOO, NO TROPHY SUPORT!
AWESOME headset though. I haven’t open the game yet since I haven’t read any reviews.

+ XxBigP123xX on October 15th, 2008 at 3:41 pm said:

They weren’t in the final game? REALLY?!

Buying a great headset and getting a okay game soon I guess.

+ reinheart on October 15th, 2008 at 3:42 pm said:

Damn BEST BUY!… pre-ordered the game on the 6th and I should of been picking up or them sending me…

I check the order status and shows it’s being back ordered and its going to be sent out from 10/17 to 11/14… what kind of crap is that…

+ Ghostm on October 15th, 2008 at 3:43 pm said:

The Trophy should’ve been available on day one. That’s still lame.

+ Juniorcortorreal on October 15th, 2008 at 3:43 pm said:

Good to hear Jeff.
by any chance to you know if the headset will be bundled with other games besides Socom???

+ Ghostm on October 15th, 2008 at 3:44 pm said:

***Trophies

+ nfs924 on October 15th, 2008 at 3:45 pm said:

Why were trophies clearly stated on the box if they weren’t coming with the product? What a bunch of crap. False advertising FTW.

+ Ortohinco on October 15th, 2008 at 3:47 pm said:

Delaystation 3 continues to deliver!

+ vandam on October 15th, 2008 at 3:49 pm said:

Tell them to get the WHIP out and start Whiping them untill they get it done…. I would but I’m not in charge. LOL THANKS FOR HEADS UP!!!

+ sir.pavlovic on October 15th, 2008 at 3:51 pm said:

I can’t believe all those complains about the trophies.

I play to have fun, if the game has trophies nice, if it doesn’t nice.

Socom is the best online shooter available. Play it, enjoy it and then, if you have any, complain

+ Ghostm on October 15th, 2008 at 3:51 pm said:

You guys at Sony are suppose to leads by setting an example. Instead you released a game, a major game without Trophy support out of the box. That’s really not cool! Now we have to wait a couple of weeks. Who know what does that mean? I love Sony but you guys are terrible with dates.

+ nfs924 on October 15th, 2008 at 3:53 pm said:

@11
It’s not a matter if it’s a “nice” feature or not. *Trophies* were clearly listed in the same category as *Multiplayer*, on the back of the box.

+ Nynja on October 15th, 2008 at 3:54 pm said:

Will they be retro-active?

Cause if they aren’t, no point in ever releasing them unless they erase all stats and history after update.

+ Daver on October 15th, 2008 at 3:54 pm said:

calm down guys.. you will get your trophies soon like he said.. just relax and enjoy the game
The sounds in this game is amazing!

+ MaROCK_Mania on October 15th, 2008 at 3:55 pm said:

sweet! fix the servers…please

+ Nynja on October 15th, 2008 at 3:56 pm said:

ALSO…

Any update to why many players cannot login? I keep getting:

“Failed to login to Server”

This really sucks. Release date wasn’t honored by many retail shops who received the game on 10/14 and now a day later, I have the game and still cannot play at all. If it had an offline campaign, I’d at least get a taste of it.

+ jazzyrider on October 15th, 2008 at 3:56 pm said:

Well I hope the patch for trophies is retroactive. Burnout Paradise said the same thing about trophy support, then come patch day we find out its not retroactive and that we had to delete existing game data, ie start fresh again. If this happens, I’m returning the game but also will take points off in my reviews.

+ driffter on October 15th, 2008 at 3:58 pm said:

weeks? WTH? SONY=EPIC FAIL way to lure in the NEW gamers with promises of support in the coming weeks.

+ Nynja on October 15th, 2008 at 3:58 pm said:

@11:

That’d be nice, but too bad no one can login!

+ reinheart on October 15th, 2008 at 3:58 pm said:

mmm if they put Trophy support on the box… Ouch… they should of at least put a note inside telling the trophy support was delayed and will be available as soon as possible.

I bought this game just for the headset… the game is just a bonus for me to finally try out SOCOM series.

+ Ghostm on October 15th, 2008 at 3:59 pm said:

@ 17

Dude, without that official Sony Headset. I would have not bought this game. The headset is awesome though!

+ Nynja on October 15th, 2008 at 4:01 pm said:

@22 Ghostm:

I actually am sorta pissed about the headset. The ear-nub plain sux. HQ or not, back to the Motorola H700 headset and the sony one goes on ebay.

+ Daver on October 15th, 2008 at 4:03 pm said:

@23
too bad.. the headset is awesome

@Ghostm sent you a msg on PSN

+ Ghostm on October 15th, 2008 at 4:04 pm said:

Have you guys read any Socom reviews yet? None on the net.

+ Nynja on October 15th, 2008 at 4:05 pm said:

Cause no one can play it! lol

+ Stoffinator on October 15th, 2008 at 4:05 pm said:

Why couldn’t they be in the final game?

+ Ghostm on October 15th, 2008 at 4:05 pm said:

@ 24

What’s your email address?

+ FrozoneUSMC on October 15th, 2008 at 4:05 pm said:

BEAST!!! Also please fix that scope issue :)

+ Morpork on October 15th, 2008 at 4:06 pm said:

Is there a release date for the EU?

+ lifeRPGs on October 15th, 2008 at 4:06 pm said:

Hey jeff,
could we please know when EXACTLY SOCOM is hitting Europe? Not even the community team leaders on the official SCEE forums know!

One retailer claims it’s october 17, another one says october 21, another one november 26, another one november 28……WE WANT A CLEAR DATE ONCE AND FOR ALL!

+ MysticJon on October 15th, 2008 at 4:07 pm said:

Not getting Confrontation anyway, so it doesn’t matter to me, but its good to hear for those who do have it.

+ coramoor_ on October 15th, 2008 at 4:07 pm said:

stop [DELETED] about the servers, they’ll be up in an hour or two

+ Daver on October 15th, 2008 at 4:07 pm said:

@Ghostm

my email adress why? i sent the msg on playstation, and open socom its worth it

+ Grinchy on October 15th, 2008 at 4:08 pm said:

Sweet, I am picking my copy up on Friday, so I guess I’ll get some practice in before the trophies hit.

+ Ghostm on October 15th, 2008 at 4:09 pm said:

@ Daver

Ghostm is not my PSN ID.

+ Daver on October 15th, 2008 at 4:10 pm said:

@Ghostm

Wtf dude…. im on your friend list.. you know the guy who gave you that LBP beta code

+ Violater on October 15th, 2008 at 4:10 pm said:

Hey Jeff, could you ask them why I paid $60 to play their game and now it wont log me in?

+ WHAT on October 15th, 2008 at 4:10 pm said:

SOB I just picked it up. Said I would not, but I always do.

+ RasMoses on October 15th, 2008 at 4:13 pm said:

I’m don’t really care about the trophies, but it’s lame that it IS stated on the box that it has trophies and it doesn’t. That is definately kind of lame and really disappointing. Sony is really not getting it all together even two years after the PS3 has been out. I assume that the trophies will be retroactive like Warhawk. I mean the game is online only,,? Right Sony? If not then that really blows.

+ Violater on October 15th, 2008 at 4:13 pm said:

This i the death of a once great franchise.
RIP Socom

+ Masterofallz on October 15th, 2008 at 4:14 pm said:

@4
Thats what you get for dealing with Best Buy..

+ lilscrappy1 on October 15th, 2008 at 4:16 pm said:

whats up i try to play socom and it says failed to connect with server whats up with that?

+ E-DOGG on October 15th, 2008 at 4:17 pm said:

It got delay a month and still no trophies!! unreal

+ ftwrthtx on October 15th, 2008 at 4:17 pm said:

Thanks for the heads up.

+ MUGEN02 on October 15th, 2008 at 4:17 pm said:

This shows you how the game was developed, everything isn’t working.

+ Chrisrahosiris on October 15th, 2008 at 4:20 pm said:

I am looking forward to the trophies. My copy should be here tomorrow. Then I’ll be putting that official headset to good use.

+ lilscrappy1 on October 15th, 2008 at 4:22 pm said:

can anyone explain to me why this game wont connect with the server

+ fullyshadow on October 15th, 2008 at 4:23 pm said:

i have one concern since the patch is going to come in weeks, should i do any serious gaming or should i wait till the patch. Remember burnout paradise?! i sure do! :P

+ mardur on October 15th, 2008 at 4:23 pm said:

is this some kind of JOKE. is that all that has been asked. I think the major thing is why did they ship the beta with a bunch more maps. this is [DELETED]. “WITHIN THE [DELETED] COMING weeks.” SO much for the beta testing. apparently no one can even get on now. I refuse to play until they fix it because i love SOCOM and refuse to ruin my experience. it is also midterm time;). But seriously Slant 6 has turned into zipper since the beginning of the public beta. Every patch was garbage. They are screwing with us. NOW PLEASE. SAVE SOCOM WITHIN THE WEEK or else it will be dead forever.

PAGE 1 2 3 8