PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Far Cry 2 comes Home today

Bertrand Helias's Avatar + Posted by Bertrand Helias on Oct 16, 2008 // Senior Producer, Far Cry 2

Hi All, the Far Cry 2 Space is launching in PlayStation Home’s closed beta as we speak!

Far Cry 2 at Home
The space will invite players to dig deeper into the game’s vast African landscape. Users will have the opportunity to investigate in-game environments, including a bombed-out train station that has been converted into the ad hoc office of Reuben Oluwagembi, a journalist caught in the middle of the propaganda conflict between the warring UFLL and APR factions.

Far Cry 2 at Home
In Reuben’s office, you’ll be able to analyze an interactive map of the game world to strengthen your knowledge of the Far Cry 2 environment to develop your strategy for future missions. Locate guard posts, safe houses to save the progress of your game, weapon shops to buy new weapons, and bus stations to expedite your travel across the expansive land.

Far Cry 2 at Home
Players will have access to Reuben’s files containing various pictures, articles, and dossiers that will delve deeper into the background of The Jackal, as well as that of the other warlords and opposing factions. And finally, multiplayer game of Mancala that uses bullets as game pieces will be fully playable.

Hope you enjoy it and be sure to look out for new features as we’ll be updating the space regularly.

207 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ OLy on October 16th, 2008 at 9:52 am said:

Get ready for a bunch of “Where is Home” comments :)

+ narde15 on October 16th, 2008 at 9:54 am said:

this is a gr8 addition to the beta thx will be in their tonight!

will you be taking questions?

+ stewey on October 16th, 2008 at 9:55 am said:

Nice space! I’m checking it out right now!

+ schwaa on October 16th, 2008 at 9:55 am said:

Awesome! Want it now! Watch the media ignore features like this when talking about home…

+ XxBigP123xX on October 16th, 2008 at 9:56 am said:

To bad we don’t have home yet >:(

But it does looks nice.

+ DJ_DTM on October 16th, 2008 at 9:56 am said:

LOVE IT, cant wait to check it!!

+ Pancakes on October 16th, 2008 at 9:57 am said:

Nice!

+ mza49311 on October 16th, 2008 at 9:58 am said:

Awesome addition, sorry I won’t be able to check it out though as I have been left out in the HOME Beta offerings……..*goes and sits in the corner alone*

+ Jayceon_Kidd on October 16th, 2008 at 9:58 am said:

cool a third party home space, btw the eye of judgment update is up now

+ Eternity_Viper_Snake on October 16th, 2008 at 9:59 am said:

cool i quess question is this just for the beta as we speak??

+ BabeBro on October 16th, 2008 at 10:00 am said:

HOME must be coming soon! Sony has never announced HOME Beta updates on the blog! Can’t wait for my buddies to join me in the Beta!

+ ftown on October 16th, 2008 at 10:00 am said:

looks cool, oh wait, I don’t have Home :-(

+ lifeRPGs on October 16th, 2008 at 10:01 am said:

Oh my goodness! i just wish i was part of HOME.

+ SpyroLuver88 on October 16th, 2008 at 10:02 am said:

Wow this is cool!! I will be on to check it out for myself. Thanks for the update:)

+ theownerz on October 16th, 2008 at 10:03 am said:

this is great since we are getting this are we going to see any invites or are we going to hear any additional announcements about home in the coming weeks. about the beta or anything home releated.

+ XxBoR1CuAxX on October 16th, 2008 at 10:03 am said:

looks great can’t wait

+ MariusElijah on October 16th, 2008 at 10:04 am said:

awesome now make one for LBP, Bioshock, and R2

+ ftwrthtx on October 16th, 2008 at 10:05 am said:

I would love to be able to check that out, but I haven’t been selected for the beta yet.

Hint, hint….

+ kleanx on October 16th, 2008 at 10:05 am said:

cool ! that’s a bloody integration in a virtual community ! Great works Ubisoft !

+ Charliesdad on October 16th, 2008 at 10:05 am said:

Hmmmm… 2.5 update….announcement of new Home space… mid-to late October … AND it’s Thursday?…. Is Sony planning it’s own ‘October Surprise’ today? If not, it’s only five more days until LBP :-)

+ srmej on October 16th, 2008 at 10:05 am said:

Cool Will Definitely Check This Out. Far Cry 2 Looks Like A promising Game Will Definitely Try. And Home Integration Awesome.

+ twooh on October 16th, 2008 at 10:06 am said:

Too bad “Home” doesn’t come home today. lol.

+ Kahme20 on October 16th, 2008 at 10:08 am said:

No Home for me either :(
But this Space Looks Great.
Good Job!

+ bigshynepo on October 16th, 2008 at 10:10 am said:

This is awesome! I think that HOME is shaping up to be so much more than a social hub. It’s additions like this that make other system’s “exclusive” DLC seem like a waste of money.

I can’t wait to give Far Cry a play through!

+ LegendarySWE on October 16th, 2008 at 10:11 am said:

Looks great. Too bad I’m not in the closed beta.

+ NewYork214 on October 16th, 2008 at 10:12 am said:

damn cant wait for home to release and see a bunch of these posts on here for games. can have like a home post every friday or something to announce a new home space and its features or something.

+ Seanscythe2 on October 16th, 2008 at 10:12 am said:

LBP and Farcry both come out on the same day, I bet home is that same week if not sooner.

+ Maverick_fox on October 16th, 2008 at 10:12 am said:

Awesome!!

..If only i had Home :(

+ Kenshin001 on October 16th, 2008 at 10:13 am said:

Far Cry 2 comes to Home.

Pity hardly anyone can see it except for a blog post.

+ stlthriot on October 16th, 2008 at 10:13 am said:

This would be even more cool if I had access to the closed beta. ;)

Any chance you can say when the open beta is coming or even an estimate? :D

+ Asshandler on October 16th, 2008 at 10:13 am said:

Very cool, wish I could check it out for myself. :(

+ Neil on October 16th, 2008 at 10:13 am said:

Not only do I think that the Farcry 2 Home space is fantastic but I think having developers announce/comment on Home spaces on the PS Blog is fantastic. I wrote the following under a different topic on the PS Blog but I’ll copy and paste it here as I think it’s more relevant:

I know that info on Home seems to be held under a tight lid at the moment but I have a few suggestions on what you guys can do when when Sony begins advertising it.

For one, I suggest that you (PSBlog) do a weekly feature a la Microsoft with their NXE. For example, on one week you could write about and show pictures of how one creates their Home avatar – show a few of the customization options like face styles, wardrobe and hair styles or preset characters, etc. Then the next week talk a little on decorating your Home apartment space with furniture, pictures, the view, etc. Then start having developers come on here and reveal their planned Home spaces from first party devs like Naughty Dogs and their Uncharted room to third party rooms like the rumored Bioshock room.

And as always, make videos of each these features and stick HD versions up on the PS store every Thursday. When the week that Home is released, plaster Home in the background of the PS Store. Seriously, make an event out of this and have balloons and banners in the Home square in celebration.

And while I’m at it, allow gamers to grab a 2D image of their Home avatar and use it as their PSN avatar on XMB.

+ wavesln on October 16th, 2008 at 10:13 am said:

Cool.

+ Money1 on October 16th, 2008 at 10:13 am said:

LBP and R2 beta is a must,, jeff

+ happy_spud on October 16th, 2008 at 10:15 am said:

Just add me to the Home Beta and I’ll check it out!! >:0

+ FrozoneUSMC on October 16th, 2008 at 10:16 am said:

Yeah, logging on now :)

+ DNAgent on October 16th, 2008 at 10:16 am said:

Most people don’t even have Home so I don’t even see why this is on the blog. It’s about as stupid as releasing DLC for a game before it comes out.

It’s like “Hey, we just added this content in something you don’t have. Enjoy looking at it cause you won’t play it for years!”

+ EvoAnubis on October 16th, 2008 at 10:17 am said:

That’s fairly cool. Now, if only I had a way of checking it out…..

+ DryvBy on October 16th, 2008 at 10:17 am said:

I’m buying this game on PC and PS3 (now). Thanks for the PS3 support, guys!

+ Kahme20 on October 16th, 2008 at 10:17 am said:

@Neil

Nice Idea dude!

+ mikeja72 on October 16th, 2008 at 10:18 am said:

@ 1

Honestly, asking “Where is Home” is more than justified at this point. I like my ps3, but at the same time I’m tired of Sony being the system of delayed (Home and many games in general) and broken promises (exclusives). Yes I know I can still play Final Fantasy XIII for example but it was one of the reasons I decided to go with a PS3. LittleBigPlanet is probably one of the only things Im looking forward to on PS3 that I couldnt do on a 360. Again I like the PS3, but I wish Sony would get its act together.

+ Humanbones on October 16th, 2008 at 10:19 am said:

Sweet,Im bout to pop in and try here out now and also try out the new Sony headset,Been an AWESOME week so far and next week is gonna be even better ..LBP!!,Farcry 2!!,Bioshock,Midnight Club ZOMGWTFWHT2DO

+ MeltTech on October 16th, 2008 at 10:20 am said:

Why not send a loyal PS3 owner from launch, and also a GAP member an invite? I’d love to test the beta for Sony. I break software here at work all the time. If IT creates a new proggy, they send it to me. We exchange emails and screen shots all day long.

BTW, I’d appreciate a HOME invite.
Sub account(most activity)
PSN: MeltTech
Email: dickshockley@yahoo.com

main account
PSN: PGAGolf3r
Email: richard.shockley@gmail.com

+ rahstar2003 on October 16th, 2008 at 10:20 am said:

Thats great to hear. Im about to jump into home now.

+ NiavlysUS on October 16th, 2008 at 10:20 am said:

It really looks awsome!

Maaan… is that kind of torture really legal!?

We want Home!!!

+ Theossie on October 16th, 2008 at 10:21 am said:

NICE!!!!! Stuff like this in HOME will be be so cool..

+ Campbell on October 16th, 2008 at 10:21 am said:

This looks amazing :) but wasn’t look amazing is Home isn’t here yet for everyone …. I mean seriously whats going on a few months of beta testing and its still going on, OK i know you want it to be as perfect as you can but at least give us a clue when its nearing completion? Or even give U.K/Europe users a Beta Go At it :(

+ Milereb on October 16th, 2008 at 10:21 am said:

Will be checking it out once I ever get Home… which I hope will at the least be this year…

+ SleepySlim on October 16th, 2008 at 10:22 am said:

Am I the only Qore subscriber (since Aug) in the world that has NOT gotten a Home Beta invite?

Please, send me my invite!!!

PAGE 1 2 3 5