PS4 - Transistor

Far Cry 2 comes Home today

Bertrand Helias's Avatar + Posted by Bertrand Helias on Oct 16, 2008 // Senior Producer, Far Cry 2

Hi All, the Far Cry 2 Space is launching in PlayStation Home’s closed beta as we speak!

Far Cry 2 at Home
The space will invite players to dig deeper into the game’s vast African landscape. Users will have the opportunity to investigate in-game environments, including a bombed-out train station that has been converted into the ad hoc office of Reuben Oluwagembi, a journalist caught in the middle of the propaganda conflict between the warring UFLL and APR factions.

Far Cry 2 at Home
In Reuben’s office, you’ll be able to analyze an interactive map of the game world to strengthen your knowledge of the Far Cry 2 environment to develop your strategy for future missions. Locate guard posts, safe houses to save the progress of your game, weapon shops to buy new weapons, and bus stations to expedite your travel across the expansive land.

Far Cry 2 at Home
Players will have access to Reuben’s files containing various pictures, articles, and dossiers that will delve deeper into the background of The Jackal, as well as that of the other warlords and opposing factions. And finally, multiplayer game of Mancala that uses bullets as game pieces will be fully playable.

Hope you enjoy it and be sure to look out for new features as we’ll be updating the space regularly.

207 Comments

+ Stoffinator on October 16th, 2008 at 11:36 am said:

I just checked it out. Nice job Ubisoft, I like it more then the Uncharted room.

+ LR_Se7eN on October 16th, 2008 at 11:37 am said:

I wouldn’t mind being in the beta before I got this kind of information. but maybe this is a sign that we are all getting in soon. Like tonight!!!

+ ChuckD on October 16th, 2008 at 11:41 am said:

That looks pretty damn sweet! I’ll be all over Mancala!!

+ Heisem on October 16th, 2008 at 11:45 am said:

I don’t have Home!!!!

+ NiavlysUS on October 16th, 2008 at 11:47 am said:

@Zaphlod

I totally agree with you!

+ kingv84 on October 16th, 2008 at 11:48 am said:

Where is Home? oops, I forgot, no where to be found. It is nice to let everybody know about this new space, but it is useless for the majority of PS3 owners without PlayStation Home. Hurry up and release the thing already before the competition beats you to the door.

+ DG on October 16th, 2008 at 11:52 am said:

It’s hard to get excited over something I can not access.

I look forward to checking Home out someday, hopefully soon, but right now this news falls flat.

+ VenomX on October 16th, 2008 at 11:55 am said:

This is why I love Home.

+ un4gvn94538 on October 16th, 2008 at 11:55 am said:

whats home? ~sarcasm~ beta invites system is flawed from home to socom. maybe ps3 is a beta for ps4

+ kingv84 on October 16th, 2008 at 11:56 am said:

This post is so stupid. the senior producer writes this new addition to Home as something everyone can access too. Who cares if you are going to update it daily with new stuff. 95 percent of the PS3 populous can not access this stuff. Keep this stuff to the beta testers and stop teasing your market with useless information, they can not use. Thank You and have a nice day in the CLOSED BETA!!!!

+ JBruno on October 16th, 2008 at 11:56 am said:

Sony give us Home now.

+ kingv84 on October 16th, 2008 at 11:57 am said:

HOME NOW!!!!!!

+ Jeigh on October 16th, 2008 at 11:58 am said:

I hate to rag on a brand I enjoy and support so greatly, but the last few posts do echo my sentiments at this time: this feels like a tease to the fact that something so great is out there but we can’t have it despite actually belonging to the PlayStation Network. Feelings aren’t logical, but this is how I feel; it just feels like a slap in the face.

I’m sorry.

+ seismickore on October 16th, 2008 at 11:59 am said:

so does this mean were going to see another wave of betas for home coming out today or tomorrow? its pointless telling us this for us homeless people here =(

+ kingv84 on October 16th, 2008 at 11:59 am said:

This closed beta thing is too damn long!!! If they need to test the damn thing, give it to everyone, stress test the damn servers real good and just let everyone understand it is only a beta and everything should be fine. Once all is better than upgrade the damn Home program from beta to complete. God, stop making us wait for this thing that should have been released in 2007.

+ kingv84 on October 16th, 2008 at 12:01 pm said:

@113 I feel the same as you!!! It is a real big slap in the face with no excitement afterwards. lol seriously this is BAD posting. DO NOT POST SOMETHING THE MAJORING OF YOUR USERS CAN NOT ACCESS. Slapping your customers is not going to win hearts and minds.

+ digplans on October 16th, 2008 at 12:02 pm said:

wow, surprised at the amount of detail in this space. good job ubisoft. I hope Home gets good support from third party developers. I also hope that on the launch of the open beta, there will be a space for most games. I HOPE that this is the kind of stuff they’ve been working on.

Home tonight? Doubt it. Would be a pleasant surprise though! Come on Sony, give it a good release before Xbox’s upcoming facelift!

PS. Nice to see some home news rather than keeping us loyalists in the dark.

+ mrmitch31 on October 16th, 2008 at 12:09 pm said:

Well that’s cool. I would check it out but like so many others, I am not lucky enough to be in the beta.

:0(

+ bpowter on October 16th, 2008 at 12:10 pm said:

nice i will check it out when i get home

+ SPARDA on October 16th, 2008 at 12:10 pm said:

What’s the point of this if most of us cannot enjoy it next week when the game comes out

We don’t even know when HOME is going to be released

Very weird…..

+ Nito025 on October 16th, 2008 at 12:11 pm said:

Guys relax…news like this would never be approved for posting unless Home is literally around the corner..tonite? Doubt it..BUT..I have a feeling next week will be an interesting one..the number 1024 seems to float around a lot in the beta, and I don’t mean just from word of mouth..But actual postings of the number, from building numbers, to keypad codes, etc. I’m not trying to get anyones hopes up but 1024= october 24? I certainly hope so..I’m waiting to actually see my buddies join me in the experience..Home will be the NXE to shame…trust me….Play B3yond!

+ Nito025 on October 16th, 2008 at 12:13 pm said:

Will *put* the NXE to shame…sorry for the typo

+ IceBow on October 16th, 2008 at 12:13 pm said:

Thanks for the info Bertrand.

This is excellent… or it would be excellent, it’s just that I seemed to have misplaced the one App that would allow me to enter into your space.

Hmm… I think I lost it sometime between Fall ’07 and now….

+ vandam on October 16th, 2008 at 12:13 pm said:

Hows come Uncharted Didn’t get anounced on the Blog I found it in Home(By my self)… Also half the peolpe here probly can’t even access home yet so what’s the point?

+ Violater on October 16th, 2008 at 12:19 pm said:

Where is the Resistance beta for QORE subscribers, don’t tell me we have been made suckers.

+ Herby on October 16th, 2008 at 12:26 pm said:

Is this available in the US HOME if so I have to check it now. Thanks for the heads up. Awesome.

+ djspinal on October 16th, 2008 at 12:27 pm said:

Please stop putting out notifications about stuff I can’t use. Yeah it’s cool that x amount people get to play with this stuff but I am tired about hearing of Home period. Just e-mail the closed beta users, since they are the only ones who are ever gonna use Home anyway, cause we all know Sony can’t release anything, they just talk about it. It’s not fair that everyone keeps rubbing my nose in the crap I can’t touch.

+ Herby on October 16th, 2008 at 12:27 pm said:

OMG They are there. Sweet Thanks.

+ reesimo on October 16th, 2008 at 12:30 pm said:

Oh my god!

+ Darkemist on October 16th, 2008 at 12:32 pm said:

Looks great!

Guess I’ll ask like everyone else… Can I get a HOME invite? GAP member, loyal Playstation owner since PS1 days.

PSN: Vaughn21
aftrdark@hotmail.com

Keep up the good work guys!

+ Takehaniyasubiko on October 16th, 2008 at 12:33 pm said:

We’re coming Home next week, me thinks.

+ Pelmaster on October 16th, 2008 at 12:36 pm said:

it’s like giving a candy to a child. But the child can’t touch it, or eat it.

thanks for the candy… i mean, post!

+ Adisah on October 16th, 2008 at 12:39 pm said:

Wow, that looks pretty cool. I hope they do this for the majority of the games that are coming out in the future.

+ amante on October 16th, 2008 at 12:46 pm said:

Allow me to preface this by saying I don’t blame anyone for feeling as though this is a slap in the face and for feeling teased, I definitely get that.

Perhaps I’m sticking up for Sony too much these days because the delays are certainly annoying, but I am a man who enjoys quality over quantity. The delays blow, but the outcome of them is what keeps me a Sony fan.

With that said, while the beta testers are getting this treat early, no one said we won’t be able to access this space potentially issue free when Home finally launches. To be honest, a small bug or issue in the entire application (for lack of a better word) could ruin everything for me. A friend of mine was invited into the beta and said he doesn’t really ever use it. He’s just not impressed. I know there are plenty out there who have the opposite reaction but I definitely trust his opinion. Being a tester myself of applications and such, I can tell you the time and effort put into testing can often make a person jaded towards a certain product. All I’m saying is, maybe it’s a good thing we aren’t in the beta sometimes?

Anyway, I would much prefer to have a near perfect application on launch than a half a**ed one and I think Sony is taking the right steps with some things. While the tease sucks, it’s good to see games getting dedicated spaces and more being added before the launch. Kudos.

/rant

+ mike223 on October 16th, 2008 at 12:47 pm said:

wow cant wait to try it thx for the update, but i dont think it was smart to post this in the blog, just my opinion

+ Takehaniyasubiko on October 16th, 2008 at 12:48 pm said:

Come on, Sony. M$ announced the date for NXE. It’s your turn. Give us, PS fanboys, the bat to counter M$ fanboy’s balls. NOW.

+ shoeonmyfoot on October 16th, 2008 at 12:54 pm said:

Can you spare any change? I’m home-less…

+ isolatebody on October 16th, 2008 at 12:56 pm said:

yeah, more stuff.

+ d3br34k5 on October 16th, 2008 at 1:04 pm said:

sure would be nice to check this out.

home please.

+ Daver on October 16th, 2008 at 1:09 pm said:

Great, im gonna go check it toonight

+ NiavlysUS on October 16th, 2008 at 1:13 pm said:

@amante

I would guess most of us do agree with the wait for better quality, but it is this post on this blog that we disagree with, unless Home would be coming out tonight, which I greatly doubt, I believe the tease is really misplaced…

+ happy_spud on October 16th, 2008 at 1:16 pm said:

In a completely unrelated note, I just got my R2 Beta Code!! Score!!!

Gamestop Preorder FTW!!

+ lilbuddy on October 16th, 2008 at 1:17 pm said:

Awesome..I’d love in on this great game

+ Toast on October 16th, 2008 at 1:19 pm said:

This is just mean D=

It’s great and all for beta testers…but do you really need to throw in the rest of our faces we won’t get to see it :(

I’m sure you guys have a board or something for beta testers only :\

+ happy_spud on October 16th, 2008 at 1:21 pm said:

Hey don’t feel bad. I’m not Beta testing Home. :(

+ X1rtam on October 16th, 2008 at 1:33 pm said:

Ignore all the whiners. Like it was mentioned before, beta testing isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Heck, even the SOCOM beta was a bit disappointing in the beginning. At any rate, it’s nice to see some major third-party support, this looks very cool. A very unique feature that will be on all PS3s sometime in the near future.

+ Jango_Wolf on October 16th, 2008 at 1:34 pm said:

Wow! I really want to check this out… Could I get a beta invite to Home?

+ Bam316 on October 16th, 2008 at 1:40 pm said:

I wished I had me a invite to home but here I am in WVa Homeless as well

+ MSplatter on October 16th, 2008 at 1:42 pm said:

WTF IS WITH THE PSN???!!!???? Tell me it’s down again, 2 out of 3 days, seriously WHAT is going on w/ you Sony?!?

+ Toast on October 16th, 2008 at 1:47 pm said:

@146

It’s not about not being apart of the beta test…it’s having it dangled in front of our face like this. It’s just rude D:

I came here to see if the ps store was updated yet and see this post and think, maybe home comes out with far cry 2, only to see it’s just for beta testers.