PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Far Cry 2 comes Home today

Bertrand Helias's Avatar + Posted by Bertrand Helias on Oct 16, 2008 // Senior Producer, Far Cry 2

Hi All, the Far Cry 2 Space is launching in PlayStation Home’s closed beta as we speak!

Far Cry 2 at Home
The space will invite players to dig deeper into the game’s vast African landscape. Users will have the opportunity to investigate in-game environments, including a bombed-out train station that has been converted into the ad hoc office of Reuben Oluwagembi, a journalist caught in the middle of the propaganda conflict between the warring UFLL and APR factions.

Far Cry 2 at Home
In Reuben’s office, you’ll be able to analyze an interactive map of the game world to strengthen your knowledge of the Far Cry 2 environment to develop your strategy for future missions. Locate guard posts, safe houses to save the progress of your game, weapon shops to buy new weapons, and bus stations to expedite your travel across the expansive land.

Far Cry 2 at Home
Players will have access to Reuben’s files containing various pictures, articles, and dossiers that will delve deeper into the background of The Jackal, as well as that of the other warlords and opposing factions. And finally, multiplayer game of Mancala that uses bullets as game pieces will be fully playable.

Hope you enjoy it and be sure to look out for new features as we’ll be updating the space regularly.

207 Comments

+ aaquib2 on October 16th, 2008 at 1:49 pm said:

WHERE IS HOME?!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

STOP WITH THE DELAYS!!

+ sublimentality on October 16th, 2008 at 1:49 pm said:

To all those of you who complain about NOT having Home yet… you havent really tried. Everybody I know personally has it just from downloading the theme a while ago. Theyve been sending out invitations in waves. Either you havent downloaded the theme or you not very active on the PSN which in that case, why do you care anyways? Just a thought. BTW great job Ubisoft. Developers should utilize our own PSN levels (im now a level 7) to give us exclusive access to gear (maybe even an exclusive map) all accesible through home that we can use in-game. Or perhaps give us Nathan Drake’s (from Uncharted) clothes to wear outside of their own game portal in the market square. Think of people running around in Home sporting huge World of Warcraft-esque shoulder pads.It sure would make PSN leveling much more desireable and would probably sell more games across the boards as well as validating the trophy system. Just a thought.

+ aaquib2 on October 16th, 2008 at 1:50 pm said:

@152

Shutup. You’re dumb. Nerd.

+ kingv84 on October 16th, 2008 at 1:53 pm said:

@153 hehehe ziiiing!

+ radione on October 16th, 2008 at 2:03 pm said:

Oh what a fun thread this was destined to be from the start… Like I said, I did the home theme (hell its even active because I like the blueprint look) but no beta. Yes, betas are for testing and they need to take time to make quality products, we all get that. Posting this tease here is a slap in the face, there are beta forums for things like this. I could care less what access people get from Qore and really hope that is not the way Sony plans to handle things in the future because imho Qore is a worthless piece of advertising supported fluff content that we are expected to pay for. Forget it, but don’t make that impact the things I actually do like about Sony and PSN.

+ shadow7126 on October 16th, 2008 at 2:06 pm said:

AWESOME!!

+ SlamoriJim on October 16th, 2008 at 2:08 pm said:

Great , sadly its not available for 99 % of the Playstation 3 owners :(

+ diablo103 on October 16th, 2008 at 2:09 pm said:

cool great job

+ EnKeRa on October 16th, 2008 at 2:18 pm said:

where can I get Home??

+ IIIKAGEIII on October 16th, 2008 at 2:24 pm said:

wow great update NOW the 3 people that are in the home beta can play it.

i wish they released it last year when everyone was expecting it. now everyone is just angreh that its not out yet. its called hype .. you want it.

+ serversurfer on October 16th, 2008 at 2:28 pm said:

To Ubisoft and other PS3 developers/publishers,

I previously had zero interest in Far Cry 2—never been a fan of FPS games—but the game space managed to pique my interest, and now this game is on my watch list.

So that that sense, the game space is doing its job—raising interest in players who otherwise would not have known/cared about your game. By the same token, the more interesting content you provide, the more effective it becomes as advertising for you. More things to do means more time spent in the space by a given player, and it increases the likelihood that they will then say to their friends, “You need to check out the Far Cry 2 space so you can win one of these spiffy t-shirts,” all of which adds up to greater mindshare for your game. Also, as competition for gamers’ time increases, you will need to continue to up the ante, and try to make your spaces more compelling than the competition’s.

And kudos to Ubisoft for being the first 3rd-party to get their game space out there. ^^

Love,
surfer

+ MSplatter on October 16th, 2008 at 2:31 pm said:

Guys if you were in it you’d be complaining like the rest of the beta testers in there now, what magical mystical things do you believe to be in home anyway?
There are no leprechauns, there are no magical mystical flying unicorns, just a bunch of people running around saying they’re bored and every once in a while talking about games (hint hint like a forum)… When they actually get the real stuff in there, then you can complain, but stress testing IS NOT FUN and stop blowing it up. jeez

+ lightweaponx on October 16th, 2008 at 2:35 pm said:

Well I’m in the beta but I’m not sure where the space is and how to get to it exactly, I must be a stupid person or I am missing the obvious.

+ MrCamo on October 16th, 2008 at 2:46 pm said:

This game is goint to be awesome, there will be no shortage of new maps and may give little big planet a run for it’s money. This is little big planet for shooters.

+ MrCamo on October 16th, 2008 at 2:48 pm said:

You Tube Search this :

Far Cry 2 Map Editor Video.

You will see why i call this little big planet for FPS gamers.

+ MrCamo on October 16th, 2008 at 2:49 pm said:

@163 Go to your psp in game and go to the spaces page (Where you can teleport) you can see this space and the space for Drakes Fortune available.

+ jayd1k on October 16th, 2008 at 2:51 pm said:

@ frozenUSMC
add me to your friends list!
Semper Fi

+ barom on October 16th, 2008 at 2:51 pm said:

Great, announce something that only a fraction will get to see. Way to hype up Home only to destroy our dreams “when” it gets delayed again.

+ jayd1k on October 16th, 2008 at 2:52 pm said:

oh yeah almost forgot…how is the HOME Beta looking? can’t wait to finally get in myself!

+ lightweaponx on October 16th, 2008 at 2:57 pm said:

@166
do you mean owned spaces or the world map because they are not under either.

+ MrCamo on October 16th, 2008 at 2:59 pm said:

World Map,yes. Try exiting and going back in (Leave Home)

+ MSplatter on October 16th, 2008 at 3:01 pm said:

lightweaponx you need to be on the US servers (just in case you weren’t) also, it’s in the world map, second/third set of tiles (Home base tiles, Drakes Bar, and Far Cry).

+ lightweaponx on October 16th, 2008 at 3:04 pm said:

Didn’t work. I don’t know why they won’t show up…

+ BigVic on October 16th, 2008 at 3:05 pm said:

I guess when I get back in town I’m going to have to hop on Home and check this out.

+ Terminator_TX3 on October 16th, 2008 at 3:07 pm said:

Interesting, too bad there isn’t an opened beta.

+ MrCamo on October 16th, 2008 at 3:10 pm said:

@173 I got online last night and found Drake’s Fortune Space in the world Map. There were two stacks of cards. The first stack is the old spaces, the second had Drake’s Fortune as an option, i assume that it is the “Game Spaces” stack.

+ lightweaponx on October 16th, 2008 at 3:13 pm said:

@176
I only have 1 stack and in it are Home Square, Home Theater, Market Place, and Game Space. Just to make sure what version are you on? I’m on .94.2. I want to know just in case it updated and somehow it didn’t update for me yet am still able to connect or something screwed up like that.

+ tirminyl on October 16th, 2008 at 3:15 pm said:

Great addition to Home. I can’t wait to try it out tonight!

+ 40cal on October 16th, 2008 at 3:17 pm said:

And as we all know Home will be awesome when we all have access.

+ MrCamo on October 16th, 2008 at 3:23 pm said:

@177-
The Playstation Network is down. See the newwest Post. You are probably the one srewing it up:) i do not know how you can even be in Home right now.

+ lightweaponx on October 16th, 2008 at 3:27 pm said:

@180

The network isn’t down just the store, account management, and registration. Read the whole post. My guess is that I am not on the newest version of Home.

+ T-TownStar2812 on October 16th, 2008 at 3:27 pm said:

man that looks sick cant wait for the open beta!!!

+ Renck on October 16th, 2008 at 3:36 pm said:

Seriously, what is the point of this blog? Majority has no access to HOME, so why are you trying to do here?

Yeah, it is nice to show something that we can’t actually access!!!

+ neo_bahamut on October 16th, 2008 at 3:52 pm said:

Nice space, thx for the update!

+ stallyon84 on October 16th, 2008 at 3:55 pm said:

Too bad I dont have home to try it out. Guess GAP and downloading the theme mean nothing . . .

+ akagoku on October 16th, 2008 at 3:57 pm said:

If sony needs help with Home ask the people who made THERE.com or Secondlife.

+ joeymp on October 16th, 2008 at 4:36 pm said:

Great news, now only if I had the beta. :(

+ Chaos_Bladez on October 16th, 2008 at 4:39 pm said:

This is the kind of stuff Home needs.
This and trophies for the special little games like bowling. :D

+ chrisrhymz on October 16th, 2008 at 4:45 pm said:

this looks really kool but it sucks because i didnt get to be apart of the home closed beta but hopefully PS home will finally come out to the world real soon!

+ Mososokruppe on October 16th, 2008 at 4:47 pm said:

@152

I’ve downloaded the theme and am on the PSN all the time. I comment on this blog, am a GAP member…have an original 60gb PS3, etc. etc.

Still haven’t been invited to the Home beta. Don’t assume that it is easy to get one just because you know some people that have been invited.

+ ChocoDK on October 16th, 2008 at 5:57 pm said:

Isn’t that nice. Would you like a cookie with that? /sarcasm

And do you want to know what else is nice is that many of us including myself haven’t gotten a Home Invite O_O. And do you know what else? Sony said in a couple of weeks that they would announce something about Qore Subscribers getting a Home Invite (I am not one) but its been a couple of weeks. /sarcasm

Also thank you Far Cry team with all do respect for making a Home space for all those who have Playstation Home.

+ cb_32 on October 16th, 2008 at 6:54 pm said:

do I get a bazooka?

+ rddflag on October 16th, 2008 at 7:24 pm said:

I don’t care what these people say, I don’t want a half completed Home released right now. With all these great games coming out, i’m patient :D

+ jobo030 on October 16th, 2008 at 7:37 pm said:

their will always be games coming out so i guess you are willing to wait forever for it to come out. iv been loyal to sony for so long and all they have done is treat me like crap and my loyalty is wavering.

+ CitizenErased on October 16th, 2008 at 8:20 pm said:

I checked out the game space it’s pretty cool. There are people already clipping through objects and some how finding their way to the top of buildings that aren’t normally reachable. Can’t wait to get the actual game.

+ gat305 on October 16th, 2008 at 8:57 pm said:

i cant see it cuz im not in the home closed beta… because ud rather have majority people who dont get online everyday to beta test or u like to have your beta testers just tell me how home sux… but rub it in my face cuz they have the beta! now u wanna post an update about home that doesnt even matter cuz majority people in here probably dont even have the beta… gimme some news on the open beta then ill be somewhat satisfied!

+ shystie1 on October 16th, 2008 at 8:58 pm said:

Dang I could have checked it out but I was to buzzy plain R2 beta today. Arrrrrr.

+ Raadius on October 16th, 2008 at 11:48 pm said:

Cool Sony, very cool, but ummm where is HOME for us non-beta testers?

XBE will be out before HOME, WOW, smh.

+ Takehaniyasubiko on October 17th, 2008 at 2:22 am said:

I have a feeling Sony will finally deilver. Maybe I’m just being naive… But I just have this feeling…

+ SpyderMonkey2k8 on October 17th, 2008 at 8:31 am said:

Man wish I could get into this, I applied I think over a month ago. Please Sony send me an invite. This I have been waiting for ever since I bought my PS3, Hope I get an invite in the next wave..