No Man's Sky

PlayStation Network Temporary Unscheduled Maintenance

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Oct 16, 2008 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

UPDATE: The PSN is now back online. We’ll be updating the PlayStation Store shortly – keep your eyes on the PlayStation Blog for Grace’s Store Update post.

As some of you may have noticed, we’ve temporarily taken down some functions of PlayStation Network – specifically access to the PlayStation Store, account management and registration. Online gameplay will remain uninterrupted. We thank you for your patience and will report back here as soon as the Store and registration functions are back online.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 7

+ Dutch_Dog on October 16th, 2008 at 1:58 pm said:

@ CitizenInsane27

I can’t my friend.. I can’t;)

+ Stoffinator on October 16th, 2008 at 1:59 pm said:

You guys dreaming if you think this is because of Home or some big surprise. Well it is a surprise.

SURPRISE!!! the network is down. Hope you like it. :-p

+ eduardoska on October 16th, 2008 at 1:59 pm said:

lol
home home home
haha not happening
(tryin to laugh to hide the dissapointment that will come with the store update)

+ lilbuddy on October 16th, 2008 at 1:59 pm said:

Thx for letting us know. Improvement is always good :-))))

+ illegalprelude on October 16th, 2008 at 2:00 pm said:

oohh thanks for the heads up. So is there no Store update today?

+ LokeSTL on October 16th, 2008 at 2:00 pm said:

While you guys are at it, please hurry up with a fix for the scan lines and interlacing problems on the PSP-3000. The PlayStation forums are lighting up with threads about these problems. I would rather not have to cancel my pre-order of the Black 4gb bundle if I can help it.

+ SPARDA on October 16th, 2008 at 2:01 pm said:

HOME coming to PS store tonight….CONFIRMED…..LOL

Just kidding, but I’m allowed to dream…right?

Let’s hope it goes back up later so that I can purchase SOCOM

+ seph1r0th00 on October 16th, 2008 at 2:01 pm said:

Thanks for the update, Patrick.

+ mahunoy on October 16th, 2008 at 2:01 pm said:

Yay nice store update for today!

/sarcasm

+ Elsa43 on October 16th, 2008 at 2:01 pm said:

Excellent that you are using the Playstation blog venue to issue important information updates!
… this is often the first place people look!

(which is a credit to those who thought up the concept of the Playstation blog!)

+ mrmitch31 on October 16th, 2008 at 2:02 pm said:

Oh man, could this mean we are about to get something good???

………….or just some maintenance.

+ FrozoneUSMC on October 16th, 2008 at 2:02 pm said:

Its SOCOM. Too many people downloading lol.

+ youngr on October 16th, 2008 at 2:02 pm said:

I’m going to take a wild guess and say this is probably because of the home beta updates and the resistance 2 public beta codes going out. Probably a whole lot of people trying to download stuff caused major slow down or a crash entirely – either way – I just can’t wait to get back to playing the resistance 2 beta

do you have an idea of around what time the services will be back up?

+ jbenn911 on October 16th, 2008 at 2:03 pm said:

Thanks for the heads up..subscribed to this posting…shame, i got my R2 beta code today and was really looking forward to checking it out !!!!

+ dynasty on October 16th, 2008 at 2:03 pm said:

so i get home and have a beta code for R2, and cant use it :(
thanks for the update though

+ Netweb on October 16th, 2008 at 2:03 pm said:

Up for USA store update?

+ happy_spud on October 16th, 2008 at 2:04 pm said:

Here I am boasting about getting my R2 Beta code on the last post, and I can’t even access PSN to download it! Grrrr. I’m suspecting Home as well. Makes you wonder, huh?

+ shooter0784 on October 16th, 2008 at 2:06 pm said:

it cant be because too many people are downloading because i just downloaded high velocity bowling version 1.20

just a heads up to anyone that was lookin forward to it

High Velocity Bowling 1.20 is available

+ srmej on October 16th, 2008 at 2:07 pm said:

I Think the Resistance 2 Beta Got Out Early And They Stopped It So No One Else Could Download It.

+ Jezer29 on October 16th, 2008 at 2:08 pm said:

I hope there are some surprises.. I would like to see the increment of $1 added to the add fund option.. Cant you guys make that happen please?

+ sir.pavlovic on October 16th, 2008 at 2:09 pm said:

I deleted my socom download because I tought that the file was corrupted. Thank you for your quick advice Sony. Now I’ll spend 3 more hours to re-download the game.

+ ruffneckc on October 16th, 2008 at 2:10 pm said:

That’s fine. Thanks for the update. For a free service, it sure is dependable most of the time.

+ Baked on October 16th, 2008 at 2:10 pm said:

Oh good, at least I know it’s not my system. Had me worried for a min there ’cause my last PS3′s network died and I didn’t want a deja vu. I’ll check back later tonight.

+ RustInPeace13 on October 16th, 2008 at 2:11 pm said:

I actually just linkied my PSP with my PSN account around 12 pm EST, and the store was up. Now its about 5:10 pm and its still down. Hope its for HOME, but i have the feeling that HOME itself won’t be around untill mid November… ::Sigh:: Wasn’t it supposed to be coming out around now, according to reports about a month ago? I do understand, though, that things need perfecting and DO get pushed back… Oh well. Just let there be some GOOD stuff in the store when its back up!

+ diablo103 on October 16th, 2008 at 2:12 pm said:

can u tell us as to why its down?

+ tezasaurus on October 16th, 2008 at 2:12 pm said:

Must be SOCOM… damn thing can barely run with the current number of users, and I know a ton of people that were planning on getting the downloadable version. Couple that with Home and R2 invites/downloads, and it’s a recipe for server trouble.

Sony should start seriously OVER-estimating network demand. Or at the very least space out service-crashers like the R2 beta and SOCOM a bit more.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to tell us, Patrick. We do appreciate being kept in the loop, even if it’s the outer fringe of it :)

+ RustInPeace13 on October 16th, 2008 at 2:12 pm said:

*linked

+ Jeigh on October 16th, 2008 at 2:12 pm said:

Thanks for the notification. Strange as it may seem, I’m actually glad to hear this, ’cause it tells me that you guys actually care if something’s not working right and are actively working to fix it. Thanks. :D

+ Jewdo on October 16th, 2008 at 2:12 pm said:

Home isn’t coming until 2010

+ venusinferns on October 16th, 2008 at 2:14 pm said:

That sucks… looks like I can’t check what’s new.. oh wait — I can’t anyways since my PS3 was ruined with the v2.43 update…

+ motorhead85021 on October 16th, 2008 at 2:14 pm said:

In other words, they broke something and have no idea what it is.

+ BigRon3400 on October 16th, 2008 at 2:14 pm said:

NOOOOOO! My Thursday is ruined! V_V

+ theownerz on October 16th, 2008 at 2:16 pm said:

socom huh lol

+ TheGuardian1973 on October 16th, 2008 at 2:16 pm said:

YES SONY I’D LIKE A MARTINI, SHAKEN NOT STIRRED AND I WOULD ALSO LIKE AN EARLY COPY OF LBP, SPIDER-MAN: WoS, RESISTANCE 2, FALLOUT AND THROW IN A BOOTH BABE OR TWO FOR GOOD MEASURE!!! I EXPECT MY DEMANDS TO BE MET BY TOMORROW MORNING IF NOT THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY, HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A GEEK SCORNED!!! :P :D

+ toombzie on October 16th, 2008 at 2:19 pm said:

i was about to purchase 20 movies but now i won’t i’m so pisseD!!!!

+ kapsimt on October 16th, 2008 at 2:20 pm said:

it doesnt really make sense because some of my freinds apparently are still able to access the playstaion store. This error only happened to me after the update 2.50. I heard that the update was supposed to fix this problem since this occured to some people on the 14th

+ mysongska on October 16th, 2008 at 2:22 pm said:

if you guys need something to pass the time… high velocity bowling 1.20 update is now live!

+ Modus Operandi on October 16th, 2008 at 2:22 pm said:

Thanks for the heads up Jeff.

But it had to occur when I was about to enter my Resistance 2 Beta code… :(

+ KyserTheHun on October 16th, 2008 at 2:22 pm said:

Meh. No rush.

+ shystie1 on October 16th, 2008 at 2:23 pm said:

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! as Charlie Brown would say while falling on his butt after Lucy would take the football away from him at the last moment.

I just got my Resistance 2 beta code.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!

+ BigOLBallz on October 16th, 2008 at 2:23 pm said:

I know what the heck it is , SOCOM!!!!!!SOCOM screwed everything up, I got to play it a little bit, I logged off to go do something , came back and it was screwed, [DELETED] Sony, come on folks lets get it together, and satisfy the horde. THanX

+ RustInPeace13 on October 16th, 2008 at 2:23 pm said:

@ 48 I think you’re right, Gunwing. Possibly an overflow of people globaly using the PSN all at once for the new updates might have something to do with the server being down.

+ PS3Diablo on October 16th, 2008 at 2:25 pm said:

Damn, I was going crazy trying different stuff with my wireless router, I was sure it was a problem with my internet connection. Oh well, there went about 45 minutes of my life ! At least it’s confirmed though, it’s nice to get feedback like this ! Can’t wait for the update.

+ Trat on October 16th, 2008 at 2:26 pm said:

Good that you took it down…

+ Captain Fury on October 16th, 2008 at 2:27 pm said:

can you please add new avatars while you are at it :)

+ isolatebody on October 16th, 2008 at 2:27 pm said:

Thanks for letting us know instead of the normal…….uh what the heck is going this stinks……waaaaaaaaaaa.

+ SPORTSFANATIC215 on October 16th, 2008 at 2:28 pm said:

Thanks!!

+ THATPSPGUY on October 16th, 2008 at 2:28 pm said:

I bet poster number One is a SOCOM Fan as am I. My friend has no net as of today until the weekend and has to wait. How about a hook up for the three of us?

+ smokey_vols on October 16th, 2008 at 2:28 pm said:

Thanks for postings this, and not keeping everyone wondering what’s going on… lol.

+ 001 on October 16th, 2008 at 2:30 pm said:

It’s not home. It’s “unscheduled”. Probably was some random problem they have a fix.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 7