Minecraft PS4

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Oct 16, 2008 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the PlayStation Store weekly update.

Downloadable Games

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation ($39.99)
Alone I am Lethal. As a Team I Dominate. SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation deploys you online into intense and unpredictable 32-player battles where it’s better to fight as a team than it is to be a hero. Battle teams across the world, earn your Community stripes and become the ultimate Spec Ops squad.
ESRB Rated M
File size: 2.65 GB

PS1 Classics

Sno-Cross Championship Racing ($5.99)
Welcome to Sno-Cross Championship Racing! Join extreme sled racers from three different leagues as they hit some of the toughest snow-covered slopes in the world! Featuring 12 real Yamaha racing sleds and seven racing locations with changing weather and daylight conditions. Customize your sleds and even make custom track layouts!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 174 MB

Add-on Game Content

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 09 Spyglass Hill Golf Course ($7.49)
Discover Pebble Beach’s hidden gem, Spyglass Hill. This course is consistently ranked as one of America’s Greatest Public Courses and is known for having some of the toughest holes on the PGA TOUR. Watch out for holes 6, 8 and 16 in particular and be ready for a great challenge.
File size: 242 MB

THE EYE OF JUDGEMENT: Biolith Rebellion 3 (Expansion Set Three) ($14.99)
Take your game to the next level with this new download for THE EYE OF JUDGMENT. Add 100 more new creatures, spells, and abilities that come to life with cards from Upper Deck (sold seperately).

THE EYE OF JUDGEMENT: Biolith Rebellion 2 & 3 Expansion Bundle ($19.99)
Take your game to the next level with this new download for THE EYE OF JUDGMENT. With this bundle you can add both Set 2 and 3 expansion packs to your EOJ collection. That’s 200 more new creatures, spells, and abilities that come to life with special EOJ summoning cards (sold separately).

Rock Band

Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• Dr. Feelgood” – Mötley Crüe ($1.99)
  • Kickstart My Heart” – Mötley Crüe ($1.99)
  • Rattlesnake Shake” – Mötley Crüe ($1.99)
  • “Same Ol’ Situation (S.O.S.)” – Mötley Crüe ($1.99)
  • “She Goes Down” – Mötley Crüe ($1.99)
  • “Slice of Your Pie” – Mötley Crüe ($1.99)
  • “Sticky Sweet” – Mötley Crüe ($1.99)
  • “Time For Change” – Mötley Crüe ($1.99)
  • “Without You” – Mötley Crüe ($1.99)
  • “Don’t Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)” – Mötley Crüe ($1.99)
  • “Dr. Feelgood” Album ($15.99) – this track pack includes all of the above singles.

File sizes: 27.8 MB – 38.8 MB (singles), 341 MB (track pack)

Game Demos (free)

MotorStorm Pacific Rift Demo
Download the demo for MotorStorm Pacific Rift and experience Raingod Spires. The Demo includes:

• Dramatic Cliffs and Gravity-Defying jumps
  • Choose one of the available three vehicle classes
  • Race in both single-player and multi-player split screensolo or against to the finish

Lunatics Unite!
ESRB Rated T
File size: 617 MB

Game Videos (free)

LittleBigPlanet: Making Fun
File size: 59 MB (HD)

MotorStorm Pacific Rift Vehicles Trailer
File size: 76 MB (HD)

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation Launch Trailer
File size: 78 MB (HD)

wipEout HD Behind the Scenes
File size: 350 MB (HD)

Eternal Sonata Trailer
File size: 26 MB (SD), 95 MB (HD)

Far Cry 2 Who’s Who Trailer
File size: 87 MB (HD)

Guitar Hero World Tour Billy Corgan Vignette
File size: 59 MB (HD)

NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja Storm September Trailer
File sizes: 93 MB (HD), 129 MB (1080)

PS3 Themes

Valkyria Chronicles PSN Theme 01 (free)
File size: 4.53 MB

Silent Hill Homecoming Theme (free)
File size: 5.42 MB

Eternal Sonata Theme (free)
File size: 4.06 MB

SAW Legacy Theme ($1.99)
File size: 6.62 MB

PS3 Wallpapers (free)

Eternal Sonata Wallpapers (x6)
File size: 226 KB – 1 MB

Silent Hill Homecoming Wallpapers (x4)
File size: 149 KB – 753 KB

PlayStation Store for PSP

PSP Game Download

* DEAD HEAD FRED ($14.99)
(also downloadable via PS3)

* PQ2: PRACTICAL INTELLIGENCE QUOTIENT 2 ($14.99)
(also downloadable via PS3)

PS1 Classics

* Sno-Cross Championship Racing ($5.99)
(also downloadable and playable via PS3)

Game Demos

* LEGO BATMAN: THE VIDEOGAME DEMO
(also downloadable via PS3)

+ AwesomeD on October 16th, 2008 at 5:59 pm said:

Sno-Cross Championship Racing (Featuring YAMAHA Snowmobiles) Published by Crave. This game is going to suck!

+ 40cal on October 16th, 2008 at 6:01 pm said:

And yes, I would also like to see more avatars or even better the option to make our own using something stored in a photo folder on the PS3 HDD.

+ dnight on October 16th, 2008 at 6:02 pm said:

#87
where is MK2? I can’t find M I N E either!

+ B1ack_Mage on October 16th, 2008 at 6:02 pm said:

@99
who cares if the game is awful, it’s another PS1 game on the store. We want as many as possible

+ erico316 on October 16th, 2008 at 6:04 pm said:

um where booty john d i wanted to try it.360 rrod on me for 3d time and yes i do have an xbox 360 i a fans of games and i loved sony systems best so far but it doesnt mean im limited to it.

+ bp9801 on October 16th, 2008 at 6:09 pm said:

@ 103

Is that even English? I can understand 360 and uh.. not much else.

Pretty good update.. I too am still waiting on R2 beta. Maybe it’ll come out tonight or tomorrow or this weekend. I love Resistance and am eagerly awaiting the sequel.

+ AwesomeD on October 16th, 2008 at 6:11 pm said:

@102
XBLA is filled with crap. I really don’t want for PSN to become a landfill that XBLA is.

+ Vegaz on October 16th, 2008 at 6:11 pm said:

Nothing to buy so Linger in Shadows must wait another week.

I found that Motorstorm demo rather difficult,I hope that’s one of the later levels.

+ PSXNation26 on October 16th, 2008 at 6:21 pm said:

Nice Update Guys. Thanks for bringing the system back up. 50% on the resistance beta.

+ SantanaClaus89 on October 16th, 2008 at 6:21 pm said:

This may sound crazy to you guys a SCEA, but PS One “CLASSICS” give the impression that they are supposed to be CLASSIC games!

I’ve never even heard of that junk you released today.

+ tangy_orange on October 16th, 2008 at 6:26 pm said:

@101: I think Sony removed it for some reason and I don’t really know why. Now if PSN starts to remove games from their store and our download lists, I’ll take my money somewhere else.

Everyone should start noticing MK2 is missing now, if anyone has ever bought it.

+ DevilHunterDante on October 16th, 2008 at 6:32 pm said:

@104 Me too!

+ grimgard on October 16th, 2008 at 6:45 pm said:

WTF? what happened to Age of Booty?

+ playa7970 on October 16th, 2008 at 7:00 pm said:

cool

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on October 16th, 2008 at 7:00 pm said:

Dear Sony

When am I getting my bloody physical copy of Linger In Shadows?

I’m going to bug you about it every week until I get it.

:D

I hope you don’t mind, because I’m more than willing to keep it up until you get the point that PEOPLE WANT PHYSICAL CONTENT.

Do you want my money or not?

+ Dann7978 on October 16th, 2008 at 7:04 pm said:

Resident Evil
MGS
Arc The Lad
Etc…

R2 Beta is awesome!! :)

+ psyXcho on October 16th, 2008 at 7:16 pm said:

wow this update was completely useless. Saw theme for $1.99… way to promote a new movie… As for MK2 guess I’m glad I didn’t buy it…sadly it was really tempting. Maybe it’s a prelude to MKT on classics?

+ aiphanes on October 16th, 2008 at 7:24 pm said:

The QORE people have access the Resistance 2 beta. I just got my code. Check your email. Also High Velocity Bowling was updated. Its good.

I do miss the Age of Booty…but we will probably get that next week…but by then everybody will be play LBP….

The Firmware Update 2.50 works and is solid. No issues here. Good job sony.

+ Hedrakk on October 16th, 2008 at 7:31 pm said:

A simple question… Where the heck is Street Fighter II HD remix!!!!!!!!

Ah…. feeling better

+ Deviation on October 16th, 2008 at 7:36 pm said:

So, I got SOCOM with the PlayStation headset… and the game still doesn’t work at all. Wish I could get my money back on this one.

+ enewtabie on October 16th, 2008 at 7:46 pm said:

Age of Booty is being pushed to November,but it gets trophies now.

+ chickstar on October 16th, 2008 at 7:46 pm said:

Omg, I thought my boyfriend was over exaggerating when I heard him shout out a million times that this game was flawed out to the max..(used diff choice of words as you can imagine)..I gave him the good news that he wasn’t ALONE and that everyone was complaining about the server error as well..BY the way did u know that the 1-800-345-7669 is not accepting tech supports..wonder why?

+ Kamahl on October 16th, 2008 at 7:47 pm said:

good update :D

+ Teaopia on October 16th, 2008 at 8:24 pm said:

I have questions about this weeks PSN store update.

What happened to Quest for Booty?

What happened to update for HV Bowling?

These are the two items I was looking forward to getting.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ mskinner on October 17th, 2008 at 10:30 am said:

Hello Teaopia,

The HV Bowling update is live on both the store, and as a patch for those that have already purchased the game.

Enjoy!

Mike

+ tangy_orange on October 16th, 2008 at 8:33 pm said:

^ The HV Bowling update is already live. Just fire up your game and it’ll ask to update.

+ KazeEternal on October 16th, 2008 at 8:38 pm said:

Sno-Cross Championship Racing…… really…… I mean common really? This is the best you guys could come back with after 2 months? *sigh* thank you, I appreciate the work sony is doing to try and bring PS1 titles to the PSN; but this isn’t exactly what I had in mind. Maybe next time.

+ KazeEternal on October 16th, 2008 at 8:40 pm said:

btw I wouldn’t have such an issue with Sno-Cross Championship Racing if it wasn’t for the fact that we have so few titles as is. To squander our one release on a mediocre game at best is kind of sad. If there were more titles being released I wouldn’t have an issue and would be happy that more obscure titles are being released to the PSN.

+ saintfighteraqua on October 16th, 2008 at 8:55 pm said:

Nothing for me this time…and what’s up with the Singstar people? delaying again?

+ kingv84 on October 16th, 2008 at 9:03 pm said:

Bring out HOME!!!!! and better PS1 Classics.

+ P_tear_griffin on October 16th, 2008 at 9:06 pm said:

I really liked that the PSN store was slightly cleaned up. Really dig the multi-media tab and the fact that there’s an actual music tab now. on that note, can we expect to see more soundtracks. I would love to see the Uncharted, R&CF, WipEout HD soundtrack in there. How about, PS2 and PS1 game soundtracks? Just asking.

+ Jast3r Rogu3 on October 16th, 2008 at 10:04 pm said:

Thanks alot for this update.

+ FeaturePreacher on October 16th, 2008 at 10:28 pm said:

@everyone concerned about the lack of ps1 classics on the psp/ps3.

There are 239 ps1 titles available to download onto the ps3/psp in Japan.

blog.wired.com/games/2008/10/there-are-this.html

A quote from the article:

“Gaze and weep upon the 239 different PSone games — from Metal Gear Solid to Resident Evil and even crazier games like Einhander and Policenauts — that you can download to your Sony platform of choice if you live in Japan. In the United States there are … a dozen? If that.”

Makes me feel better that I kept my copies of MK3, Metal Gear Solid, Tenchu 1, 2, & 3, and SoulBlade.

+ FeaturePreacher on October 16th, 2008 at 10:31 pm said:

The NPD numbers are in describing sales for September ’08.

• Wii – 687,000

05. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS3) – 325,000
06. Mercenaries 2: World In Flames (Xbox 360) – 297,000
07. Wii Play (Wii) – 243,000
08. Madden NFL 09 (Xbox 360) – 224,000
09. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Wii) – 223,000
10. Madden NFL 09 (PS2) – 158,000

Here’s to better numbers for October.

+ FeaturePreacher on October 16th, 2008 at 10:38 pm said:

@everyone wondering when Home will be released

Nov. 17 to coincide with the release of the new XBox Xperience.

+ FeaturePreacher on October 16th, 2008 at 10:42 pm said:

Everyone should prepare themselves for the next MGS game to come out on the 360 as well. Just giving everyone an early warning.

kotaku.com/5064851/konamis-xbox-360-metal-gear-quote-was-erased

Here’s quote from PR manager Chiaki Nakajima:

“While making use of each platform’s strong suits, we are going multi-platform from now.”

+ FeaturePreacher on October 16th, 2008 at 10:45 pm said:

WE NEED MULTIPLE DATA ALBUM EDIT!!!

WE NEED IN-GAME ACCESS TO MUSIC FOR ALL PS3/PSN GAMES!!!

WE NEED MULTIPLE DATA ALBUM EDIT!!!

WE NEED IN-GAME ACCESS TO MUSIC FOR ALL PS3/PSN GAMES!!!

+ FeaturePreacher on October 16th, 2008 at 10:51 pm said:

@everyone asking for user generated avatars

Probably won’t happen. As can be seen in the events of this week with SOCOM, the ps3 firmware 2.5, and these psn updates, Sony has a lot of issues to address. Moreover, they do not want the headache of moderating those avatars for vulgar or offensive content. But in thinking about this further, this could be a way to monetize content on the psn. Only let people who pay a monthly or yearly subscription fee have access to user generated avatars. Make the fee high enough to support the team of people it would take to moderate the avatars for vulgar or offensive content. Non-subscribers would only have access to the list of Sony approved avatars for free as usual.

+ shooter0784 on October 17th, 2008 at 1:27 am said:

any idea of when the gta4 trophies are hittin psn or socoms for that matter?

even if it “actually” happens i still will never purchase the 360 … even if a severely chopped down version of mgs4 will appear

if it ever really ever came down to the point where my ps3 just died or psn had to close down i’d find someone that had another 20 gig sku and buy it from them or just stop playing games completely

+ Chuchie on October 17th, 2008 at 2:20 am said:

I’m glad to see Playstation One classics haven’t been abandoned. Even though I do not like the latest Playstation One classic game (Sno-Cross Championship Racing). It does give me a tiny light of hope that other Playstation one Classics would be on the way. Oh I don’t know like; Mega Man Legends, Mega Man Legends 2, Parasite Eve, Parasite Eve 2, Final Fantasy Tactics, Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete and Chrono Cross to name a few.

+ Ti_dus on October 17th, 2008 at 3:46 am said:

I wanna PRINCE OF PERSIA CLASSIC on PSN!!! PLEASE!!!

+ vanace on October 17th, 2008 at 3:53 am said:

god update and good firms update,

but maybe some day PSP remote control
allow me to use the ps3 voice chat.

and have ps3 XMB in-game voice chat and invite to join a game.

thank you and regards.

+ INTVGene on October 17th, 2008 at 4:07 am said:

Thanks for the EOJ bundle!

+ GGCAN on October 17th, 2008 at 6:16 am said:

Thanks Grace….another fantastic week for Sony, PS3 and the PSP.

+ Gunwing on October 17th, 2008 at 6:49 am said:

Nice to see another PSone game in a store update! That alones gets this update a 8.1 outa 10 from me!

BTW will the PSP Store updates always be this small? I hope that some day we get more then just some new games up there. How about PSP game trailers? How too videos? Last but not least for the love of god give us some more PSP themes/Wallpapers!

Also we need alot more demos! Get in touch with Square Enix and get a Final Fanatasy demo for Crisis Core, as well as get them to produce a Demo for their next PSP Exclusive Final Fantasy 13 portable game please!

+ FeaturePreacher on October 17th, 2008 at 9:40 am said:

@Eric or any other firmware developers

Don’t fear redesigning the in-game xmb to reduce the amount of memory it uses in order to allow for in-game access to music for all ps3 games, cross game invites, and persistent voice chat for ps3 games.

I have 3 suggestions.

1. Remove the video and playstation strore categories. The 360 does not allow its users to play videos or visit the xbox live marketplace while playing a game, so you have no threat from the competition there. Remove items that you can’t and will never be able to access while playing a game. This action would result in the following categories being left in the in-game xmb: Users, Settings, Photo, Music, Game, Network, & Friends.

In the Settings section, only Network Settings and Accessory Settings would be available.

In the Photo section, only the photo thumbnails would be available.

In the Music section, only the stored playlists and non-playlist music tracks would be available.

In the Game section, everything would be left as it is.

In the Network section, only Remote Play and download management would be available.

The Friends section would be left as it is.

Hopefully this will reduce the amount of memory that the in-game xmb uses so that in-game access to music can be a system wide feature.

2. The other suggestion would be to change how the in-game xmb behaves. Make it where only the horizontal categories are displayed with none of the vertical categories displayed. To access the vertical categories you must use the x button to access it. Once accessed the horizontal categories would go away.

3. A final suggestion would be to combine the 1st 2 suggestions.

+ crystalx3d on October 17th, 2008 at 10:14 am said:

@featurepreacher
That’s a good idea. It’s silly to include menu items in the in-game xmb for features that we can’t use in-game. It’s also confusing. My vote is to just remove them.

Also, will we ever get xenogears ps1 classic on the USA store? It doesn’t need to cost 6 bucks like the other classic games either. Charge 12 or 15 for all I care. Right now the cheapest it’s going for on Amazon is $40 used. Please PSN, give us some of the good stuff the japanese kids are hoarding all to themselves.

+ dimen blindwar on October 17th, 2008 at 11:30 am said:

I wish there waqs more PSone games in the store than there has been these recent months. Like Resident Evil, Tomb Rader, Metal Gear Solid, Duke Nukem, or even more Crash Bandicute. I still like the original content flowing in for the PS3s HD and unique gaming capabilities.

+ hehe1 on October 17th, 2008 at 1:11 pm said:

this weeks update is quite good

+ FeaturePreacher on October 17th, 2008 at 1:30 pm said:

Would be a good idea to get more ps1 titles not just for playing on ps3 but also the psp. It could easily help solve the problem of the recent drought of umd psp titles.