PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Resistance 2 beta begins… today!

Greg Phillips's Avatar + Posted by Greg Phillips on Oct 16, 2008 // Producer, SCEA

Heya, it’s been a while since I’ve been seen around these parts as James Stevenson, Bryan Intihar and the others at Insomniac have been doing most of the Resistance 2 posting as of late. Along with my return to the blog, I bring a few announcements with regards to R2:

• Today, October 16th, the public beta for Resistance 2 will begin in North America. The beta will offer gamers a glimpse at Resistance 2’s online competitive and co-op modes ahead of the game’s launch on November 4th. We will be admitting players in two waves: a Premiere wave which includes those that pre-ordered at GameStop, individuals who subscribed to QORE for one year and/or bought the episode featuring Resistance 2 and a recent contest from GamePro.com. Those of you in the Premiere wave should be receiving an email with a registration code between now and tomorrow afternoon. A second wave is starting in the middle of next week, and you apply to be a part of it by going to beta.myresistance.net once the site goes live (later tonight). For those of you across the pond in Europe, the public beta will also begin next week.
  • The Beta will include competitive maps from three locations in the game. These maps include 60-, 40-, and 20-player maps from Orick, 40- and 20-player maps from Chicago, and the 10-Player map Sub Docks (Bay Area). New modes Skirmish and Core control will be supported, along with Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch. The co-op portion of the beta will focused on Orick, and will support randomization of your play-path. Both co-op and competitive will support matchmaking and class/character progression up to level 10. This will allow unlocking of new equipment, upgrades and berserks for character customization.
  • Speaking of beta.myresistance.net, the beta version of our new community site goes live tonight as well. Customizable leader boards/user profiles, individual blogs and ‘ticker’ that provides players with up to minute information of happenings on the site are just some of the features the beta site has to offer. Leading into the November 4th North American launch of the game (and the months to follow), we’ll be adding several more features that will make MyResistance.net the destination for all Resistance fans.
  • And, finally, Resistance 2 has gone gold. As a special treat, the below image gives all of you PlayStation Blog readers an idea on just how big just the online coop campaign mode is :)

HiRes Co-op graph

That’s all for now. Keep your eyes open for more R2 announcements as we lead into launch. If you have any questions, write them in the comments sections and I’ll do my best to answer them.

PAGE 1 9 10 11

+ Dilldude35 on October 22nd, 2008 at 6:47 pm said:

You know what? I am officially sick of this. I paid for this. Have I been scammed? Have I been tricked? Have I been randomly selected to not have the beta? Is this a practical joke? Truly, I don’t know. But something is not right. And please, do NOT give us a false release date again. First you said that us loyal followers of Sony who bought Qore would get in the first wave. Nope. No beta. THEN, you said we would be in the second wave. Well,the second wave has has begun, and it seems that a lot of people including myself have not been givent the beta key. Is this a bloody practical joke? If it is, it’s not funny anymore. Just incase there was some sort of mistake on my part, my PSN Id is dillonski4, and my e-mail adress is codemonkey4@yahoo.com. If this was a mistake, I forgive you. But if you are just stalling us by giving us false release dates, then I am losing trust in you. Now, if my plan succeded, this should work.

Would you kindly give me my beta key?

Whoever gets that reference gets two cookies and a pound cake.

+ GoldenGotGame on October 22nd, 2008 at 7:43 pm said:

@haskell

Dude, STFU. You are one annoying sob, you know that? You are not the standard-bearer for Sony, you are not being paid, you are not a mod. For you to take this holier-than-thou attitude all the time really works my nerves. I see you on the PAIN blogs posting constantly, which is a reason why I never post there. As I’ve stated before, I am a huge Sony fan, but when they screw up (which they have often, just like any other company), they are not beyond reproach. Their consumers, you know, the ones that purchase their goods with hard-earned money, have a right to take them to task. I will agree that a lot of posters go about it the wrong way, but who are you to talk down to them? Nobody. It’s not even about the other betas at this point (which, by the way, I meet all the criteria for Home), and if you would have read Greg’s post in full before strapping on your cape and becoming Captain Save-a-Sony, he stated that Qore Episode 3 purchasers, as well as annual subscribers would be in the first wave. That was last week. I waited a week before I even posted to complain, and this is my first “complaining” post. I defend and/or play devil’s advocate when it comes to everywhere else, but this is the Playstation Blog.

+ Gunend on October 23rd, 2008 at 6:52 am said:

“Those of you in the Premiere wave should be receiving an email with a registration code between now and tomorrow afternoon.”
Thenk you : )

+ gerfle on October 23rd, 2008 at 6:35 pm said:

Well FYI, I didn’t buy anything except the odd game on the PSN and I guess I’m somewhat active.
I have just received a code today and downloading now so I guess there is hope for anybody out there.

+ zaqaa on October 23rd, 2008 at 7:28 pm said:

Hi I am having the same problem that i81duce had where I typed in the correct code that you’ve sent to my email but upon doing so, my PS3 told me that my HDD didn’t have enough free space. I exited the screen to go back to the XMB and went ahead and deleted a few demos. Now i have enough space but i cant download it. it is on my download list but it keeps saying that i dont have enough space even though i do. help???

+ Little Big Solidus on October 24th, 2008 at 2:01 am said:

So now I receive the code. Doesn’t mention qore one time, just that “you’ve been accepted in the public beta”.

Oh well, just bought far cry 2 so will see what I’ll do with it. Where were you last week?

;)

+ LeonBlade on October 24th, 2008 at 3:44 am said:

Far Cry 2 sucks…

Oh and… It’s 6:41 AM EST… and I finally have the beta.

ABOUT TIME! Don’t lie and say we are on the first wave when we aren’t, otherwise stuff like this happens…

24 – 16 = A simple math equation that I can’t do in my head because that’s how cool America is… Alright it’s 8 lol…
So yeah 8 days after it was supposed to come out… 7 if you count in that they said 17th also… So that’s a whole week delayed… what does that mean?

1. You guys suck at sending out E-Mails
2. You lied and said Qore users were in the first wave when they’re really in the 2nd
3. E-Mail takes weeks to get here…

I’m gunna go with #2, and hope this is the case…

+ LeonBlade on October 24th, 2008 at 3:54 am said:

The E-Mail looks like this:
http://copper (dot) phpwebhosting (dot) com/~echwarez/files/r2 (dot) html

Replace all (dot) with .

+ LeonBlade on October 24th, 2008 at 3:55 am said:

This is what the E-Mail looks like:

copper (dot) phpwebhosting (dot) com/~echwarez/files/r2 (dot) html

Replace all (dot) with .

+ LeonBlade on October 24th, 2008 at 3:55 am said:

Here this is easier lol… (sorry for double post)

copper.phpwebhosting.com/~echwarez/files/r2.html

+ blastFX on October 24th, 2008 at 4:29 am said:

just got mine last night, my first beta and all i did was apply

+ thetez24 on October 24th, 2008 at 6:23 am said:

I just got my acceptance into the BETA today! Can’t wait to get home at TWO-THIRTY IN THE AFTERNOON to play it! It’s gonna be a long day…..

+ thetez24 on October 24th, 2008 at 6:23 am said:

Oh, and PSN: KINGof210

+ amante on October 24th, 2008 at 8:03 am said:

Got mine last night. Wheee. I never usually try to get into Betas (or any sort of contest for that matter) cause I never get in. Got lucky this time.

I’ll see you guys in the fray (After work…>:O)

+ jose23va on October 24th, 2008 at 9:28 am said:

well im mad now the yesterday i find a update to rs2 beta now i can’t play when i try to find a game a message in my screen disconnected from server any person got the same problem? just waiting for another update

+ PSYCHO-MAGNET on October 24th, 2008 at 9:32 am said:

Im a day 1 qore annual subscriber and have yet to receive my resistance 2 beta invite.

+ lakaihigh on October 24th, 2008 at 9:47 am said:

just got my code last night. don’t remember doing anything to get into this beta… other then preordering from gamestop, but this came from Underground, so thanks you. firing it up right NOW!! yeah buddy

peace,
Lh

+ Muskiemazing on October 24th, 2008 at 3:52 pm said:

Got my code last night . No Qore just applied and preordered LBP at Game Stop . Was in LBP Beta for a few days before it ended .

+ hzthereaper on October 26th, 2008 at 3:42 pm said:

I am a qore subscriber (since august) and i have yet to receive my beta access code. I have called the playstation support and they were very little help. This is completely UNACCEPTABLE!! I paid the money so i would be GUARANTEED the beta. Words cannot describe how pissed off i am.

email: mtnbase1@charter.net

+ BobbySteez on October 26th, 2008 at 5:10 pm said:

still no emails………Sony what is this? Delay LBP for some music…[DELETED] about the betas invites for R2…What a nice holiday start!!!! Send those [DELETED] emails with theses keys……….gosh

Bobby_steez@hotmail.com

+ short3rm on October 26th, 2008 at 9:48 pm said:

this game is great

+ PSYCHO-MAGNET on October 29th, 2008 at 9:41 am said:

Finally got my code thank you. Just a question though can there be some sort of explanation to the yearly subscribers who had problems getting their code? i only got mine by contacting sony customer service, while i dont find this a life or death problem i find it some what f*ed up. Anyways thanks for the code finally and knowing this comment is so far into this this blog subject hope we could still get some sort of explanation to what happened and will it happen again.

+ alex_ansem on October 30th, 2008 at 3:18 pm said:

Hey guys, i’ve been playing the beta and gained some skills and exp points, but, i’ll be losing this once the beta is over right?? even when i get the full version of the game…and i’ll have to start all over???
By the way, the beta is the best, cant wait till next tuesday when resistance 2 comes out.

+ DragonSlayur on November 1st, 2008 at 7:57 am said:

I’ve been recently playing Resistance 2 Public Beta and I have found a glitch/bug.I don’t know if it is supposed to be for the game or not?When I play with one of my friends andhe gets to level 3 and then we play a few more co-op matches and he presses start and he says, [DELETED] i’m level 1 can you please help me!

+ ZHFFUN on November 6th, 2008 at 8:31 am said:

I got my Qore beta code downloading NOW!!!
CAN I HAVE A BETA?