PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Resistance 2 beta begins… today!

Greg Phillips's Avatar + Posted by Greg Phillips on Oct 16, 2008 // Producer, SCEA

Heya, it’s been a while since I’ve been seen around these parts as James Stevenson, Bryan Intihar and the others at Insomniac have been doing most of the Resistance 2 posting as of late. Along with my return to the blog, I bring a few announcements with regards to R2:

• Today, October 16th, the public beta for Resistance 2 will begin in North America. The beta will offer gamers a glimpse at Resistance 2′s online competitive and co-op modes ahead of the game’s launch on November 4th. We will be admitting players in two waves: a Premiere wave which includes those that pre-ordered at GameStop, individuals who subscribed to QORE for one year and/or bought the episode featuring Resistance 2 and a recent contest from GamePro.com. Those of you in the Premiere wave should be receiving an email with a registration code between now and tomorrow afternoon. A second wave is starting in the middle of next week, and you apply to be a part of it by going to beta.myresistance.net once the site goes live (later tonight). For those of you across the pond in Europe, the public beta will also begin next week.
  • The Beta will include competitive maps from three locations in the game. These maps include 60-, 40-, and 20-player maps from Orick, 40- and 20-player maps from Chicago, and the 10-Player map Sub Docks (Bay Area). New modes Skirmish and Core control will be supported, along with Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch. The co-op portion of the beta will focused on Orick, and will support randomization of your play-path. Both co-op and competitive will support matchmaking and class/character progression up to level 10. This will allow unlocking of new equipment, upgrades and berserks for character customization.
  • Speaking of beta.myresistance.net, the beta version of our new community site goes live tonight as well. Customizable leader boards/user profiles, individual blogs and ‘ticker’ that provides players with up to minute information of happenings on the site are just some of the features the beta site has to offer. Leading into the November 4th North American launch of the game (and the months to follow), we’ll be adding several more features that will make MyResistance.net the destination for all Resistance fans.
  • And, finally, Resistance 2 has gone gold. As a special treat, the below image gives all of you PlayStation Blog readers an idea on just how big just the online coop campaign mode is :)

HiRes Co-op graph

That’s all for now. Keep your eyes open for more R2 announcements as we lead into launch. If you have any questions, write them in the comments sections and I’ll do my best to answer them.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 11

+ DIDDY1978 on October 16th, 2008 at 9:24 pm said:

I pre-ordered the first day I could for the collector’s edition for R2 at best buy. When will I be able to apply for the beta code.

+ DIDDY1978 on October 16th, 2008 at 9:25 pm said:

how many players can play R2 offline.

+ LuNaTiCxX on October 16th, 2008 at 9:26 pm said:

Sweet!!! I bought Qore Episode 3, I guess I’ll receive my code by tomorrow.

+ THEMADMEN on October 16th, 2008 at 9:30 pm said:

kuuul….now ill wait

+ schwaa on October 16th, 2008 at 9:32 pm said:

The 8 player co-op is badass. Regular competitive is just ok, although I haven’t played anything objective based yet.

+ eid3tic on October 16th, 2008 at 9:40 pm said:

hmmm, is it really the sending of the emails orrrr do you want to limit how many ppl are dl’ing the beta simultaneously so as not to stress the servers?

+ SSephirothT on October 16th, 2008 at 9:48 pm said:

I am curious as to how you guys determine who to send the codes to first in the premiere wave. Do you guys just go down the list in alphabetical order of PSN ID? email name? or by state or something?

+ cerburn25 on October 16th, 2008 at 9:48 pm said:

R2 IS THE BEST GAME EVER I REALLY WANT AND NEED THAT BETA PLEASE!!!!!

+ HYPHYBOI707 on October 16th, 2008 at 9:52 pm said:

how do i get in to the public beta if i didnt pre order the game?

+ StiLO on October 16th, 2008 at 9:59 pm said:

are the emails being sent to our psn email, or our PlayStation underground email?…cuz i no longer have that psn email :/

+ DemonOfRazgriz89 on October 16th, 2008 at 10:07 pm said:

got the beta key and have been playing non-stop. this beta is simply amazing. so excited for the final retail product :D.

+ jason9 on October 16th, 2008 at 10:17 pm said:

go my beta code!! woot!! i am dling the 2.5 update then the beta hope to see you all soon!!

+ -IronMan- on October 16th, 2008 at 10:22 pm said:

Still nothing. Oh well hopefully tommorrow i get in the email. ugh…

+ Cykai on October 16th, 2008 at 10:25 pm said:

we need to preorder the game or have qore? well thats just a kick to my sack :/

+ Jast3r Rogu3 on October 16th, 2008 at 10:25 pm said:

Good R2 is my favorite game of 2008.

+ Stoffinator on October 16th, 2008 at 10:30 pm said:

Why is there nobody online playing this? Been playing with it for awhile and I can’t get into a match with anybody, it always makes me the host of a room when I search for one. Does nobody have this yet? :-s

+ smokey_vols on October 16th, 2008 at 10:38 pm said:

I’m playing the co-op right now and loving it. It’s so much fun as long as your with people who know what they are doing.

+ Transient on October 16th, 2008 at 10:40 pm said:

Some of you guys need to chill! :D

I was wondering about people who signed up for the beta via MyResistance.net. Are they still being randomly selected for access to the beta?

+ AceOfSpades725 on October 16th, 2008 at 10:42 pm said:

sweeeet i got my code and its downloading! well hopefully its done by now.

can’t wait to try it out!

+ HaVoK_08 on October 16th, 2008 at 10:57 pm said:

dam…i purchases the CE of R2 and they ran out of beta vouchers. Signed up for the beta and still no luck :( ughh Nov can’t come soon enough

+ aaronisbla on October 16th, 2008 at 11:04 pm said:

Hi, i reserved this game awhile back at gamestop, before a beta was announced for it. I went back to give them my email address but it never got to me, am i SOL? or is there still a chance thru Qore?

+ Argnoth on October 16th, 2008 at 11:09 pm said:

Just HOW is it a “beta” when to quote this post here “And, finally, Resistance 2 has gone gold.”

um, isn’t a beta test there to help work out the bugs BEFORE it goes gold? *sigh* I love how the word beta has become synonymous with the word DEMO now. Betas aren’t even betas now, they’re demos to make you buy it, not betas to help you fix it.

Greg Phillips's Avatar

+ gphillips on October 17th, 2008 at 4:29 pm said:

While the game is final, we will be watching what happens in the beta and creating a patch to fix any serious issues prior to launch.

+ eid3tic on October 16th, 2008 at 11:12 pm said:

@124
this is the public “beta”
they already had the private beta

plus, i think this “beta” is just to test their online aspect, make sure everything is running right before launch :P

but you might be right too…
demos are definitely a selling point these days.

+ desiladka007 on October 16th, 2008 at 11:13 pm said:

@Argnoth
The beta is to stress test the servers

So what do i do if i dont get the code this time, like i what happened with socom. If i don’t get my code, i’m literally going to call sony and ask for my qore money back.

+ velvetelvis on October 17th, 2008 at 12:06 am said:

when is the beta.myresistance.net gonna go live? you said tonight and now its passed tonight?

+ NipGrip on October 17th, 2008 at 12:11 am said:

WAHOO!! Just got my code in the old email. Downloading now, can’t wait to check it out. :D

+ Edgar2k on October 17th, 2008 at 12:16 am said:

Woot Just got my Code !!!!

Just Downloading it Now!!!

+ Devil240Z on October 17th, 2008 at 12:18 am said:

I hope I get my code soon. I have been a qore subscriber since episode 2 so I should be on the list.
cant wait!

+ Jast3r Rogu3 on October 17th, 2008 at 12:41 am said:

60 player online madness WOW this is gonna be insane!!!

+ IceColdMalik on October 17th, 2008 at 12:58 am said:

OMG i got in on the freaking resistance beta I love my PS3…

+ kaichi on October 17th, 2008 at 1:16 am said:

I reserved this game at gamestop and typed in my code, but i still have not gotten my email. still waiting…

+ i81duce on October 17th, 2008 at 1:30 am said:

Mr. Phillips, I’ve already received my Resistance 2 Beta Key today. The only problem I’m not able to play it. I typed in the correct code that you’ve sent to my email but upon doing so, my PS3 told me that my HDD didn’t have enough free space. I exited the screen to go back to the XMB and went ahead and deleted a few demos. You probably know where this is going lol! So I went to type the code in again…. and what do you know, it’s “Invalid”. I then tried to go to my Downloads List to see if it was there but having never started the download prevented it from being on my list. I’m wondering if you could help me out with the best situation being that I get a new Beta Code. If not, can you point me in a direction that WILL get me all straightened out? I apologize for the inconvenience and I kind of blame myself for all of this but it definitely could’ve happened to any of us. Like I said, if you could help me out, that would be great :) Thanks!

PSN ID: i81duce2
PSN Email: i81duce@gmail.com

Greg Phillips's Avatar

+ gphillips on October 17th, 2008 at 1:51 pm said:

Give this another shot. After the 2.5 update, their were some hiccups with the store/code redemption that should be fixed. If it is still acting up, post again and we\’ll look into some more.

+ Xulap on October 17th, 2008 at 1:35 am said:

I pre-ordered my copy at GameStop a while back.

Can I just go to my store and ask for a code…? I didn’t get anything.

+ NastyN8 on October 17th, 2008 at 1:57 am said:

still no stupid code…god wtf man

+ xLegioNx on October 17th, 2008 at 2:34 am said:

Nobody in the EU has gotten a code, why is this?

Is it true our beta doesn’t start til monday? :(

+ -IronMan- on October 17th, 2008 at 2:59 am said:

No code yet i think i am going to get screwed.

PSN: IronMan

+ NewYork214 on October 17th, 2008 at 3:01 am said:

go R2. insomniac are definitely the best developers in the biz. cant wait to play resistance 2. my game of the year no matter what

+ GoD_imarri on October 17th, 2008 at 3:37 am said:

I cant get on the beta.myresistance.net, the web server keeps asking for some username and password…???

+ Azuske on October 17th, 2008 at 3:40 am said:

The Resistance 2 Beta Community hasn’t started working since your announcement… why is this?

+ AdversaryofGod on October 17th, 2008 at 3:41 am said:

Everything I thought I would have done this weekend changed upside down. I have my Beta Key!!! THX to Qore.

+ emmi on October 17th, 2008 at 3:46 am said:

I got an invite yesterday and WOW, this game will totally rock!

Thanks for the invite. :)

+ Bigomiee on October 17th, 2008 at 3:54 am said:

jeff important quistion pleaseee answer it

IF I BUY QORE NOW WILL I STILL GET IN THE BETA

+ IceBow on October 17th, 2008 at 4:10 am said:

Thanks for the info Greg, I have a question that, hopefully you can answer.
Does the Resistance 2 Online co-op include the ability for two local players to compete against the other potential 58 online players? If so, will each local player be able to sign in to his or her own PSN account?

PSN: lceBow ( the first letter is an L)

+ CoOoL_BoY on October 17th, 2008 at 4:12 am said:

Thanks sony just got my code

+ Herby on October 17th, 2008 at 4:27 am said:

Thanks you, I can’t wait to play this all afternoon.

+ kaichi on October 17th, 2008 at 4:34 am said:

for me the waiting for that beta email continues.

+ Gadbury on October 17th, 2008 at 4:41 am said:

A beta although the game has gone gold? Doesn’t make sense. Don’t you mean exclusive demo?

+ WHAT on October 17th, 2008 at 4:48 am said:

I reserved my copy of Resistance the day it was available at GS. I have Qore and I signed up to take part in beta. I got the email (thanks) but it did not come to the one my PSN email is on. I would like to put everything on one and have tried with utter failure.

+ wavesln on October 17th, 2008 at 4:55 am said:

Downloading. Good thing I upgraded to a 500G drive :)

+ neo_bahamut on October 17th, 2008 at 4:56 am said: