PS4-Watch_Dogs

Resistance 2 beta begins… today!

Greg Phillips's Avatar + Posted by Greg Phillips on Oct 16, 2008 // Producer, SCEA

Heya, it’s been a while since I’ve been seen around these parts as James Stevenson, Bryan Intihar and the others at Insomniac have been doing most of the Resistance 2 posting as of late. Along with my return to the blog, I bring a few announcements with regards to R2:

• Today, October 16th, the public beta for Resistance 2 will begin in North America. The beta will offer gamers a glimpse at Resistance 2′s online competitive and co-op modes ahead of the game’s launch on November 4th. We will be admitting players in two waves: a Premiere wave which includes those that pre-ordered at GameStop, individuals who subscribed to QORE for one year and/or bought the episode featuring Resistance 2 and a recent contest from GamePro.com. Those of you in the Premiere wave should be receiving an email with a registration code between now and tomorrow afternoon. A second wave is starting in the middle of next week, and you apply to be a part of it by going to beta.myresistance.net once the site goes live (later tonight). For those of you across the pond in Europe, the public beta will also begin next week.
  • The Beta will include competitive maps from three locations in the game. These maps include 60-, 40-, and 20-player maps from Orick, 40- and 20-player maps from Chicago, and the 10-Player map Sub Docks (Bay Area). New modes Skirmish and Core control will be supported, along with Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch. The co-op portion of the beta will focused on Orick, and will support randomization of your play-path. Both co-op and competitive will support matchmaking and class/character progression up to level 10. This will allow unlocking of new equipment, upgrades and berserks for character customization.
  • Speaking of beta.myresistance.net, the beta version of our new community site goes live tonight as well. Customizable leader boards/user profiles, individual blogs and ‘ticker’ that provides players with up to minute information of happenings on the site are just some of the features the beta site has to offer. Leading into the November 4th North American launch of the game (and the months to follow), we’ll be adding several more features that will make MyResistance.net the destination for all Resistance fans.
  • And, finally, Resistance 2 has gone gold. As a special treat, the below image gives all of you PlayStation Blog readers an idea on just how big just the online coop campaign mode is :)

HiRes Co-op graph

That’s all for now. Keep your eyes open for more R2 announcements as we lead into launch. If you have any questions, write them in the comments sections and I’ll do my best to answer them.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 11

+ peyo1983 on October 17th, 2008 at 5:05 am said:

To play beta R2 3 weeks before this game will lunch you have to purchase the annual subscription Qore. Sony is making money from everything. This is sad :(

+ angel27 on October 17th, 2008 at 5:21 am said:

it suck with Qore, then you may get a free Qore episode from Playstation magazine that’s BULL

+ CTG on October 17th, 2008 at 5:42 am said:

How will you guys know if someone reserved at Gamestop?

+ cdj on October 17th, 2008 at 5:50 am said:

Greg,

If posted somewhere, I missed it. Can you please let us know what ports we should have open for this one?

I am getting way too many disconnects/network errors and it is keeping me from fully enjoying this one.

Thank you for your time.

+ Little Big Solidus on October 17th, 2008 at 6:04 am said:

hmm, still waiting on the qore email. Do they go alphabetically?

as for the ports

perhaps?

+ GGCAN on October 17th, 2008 at 6:20 am said:

Thanks Greg and Jeff….received my Beta late last night (around 1 am EST).

+ matty12345 on October 17th, 2008 at 6:32 am said:

y wen i try 2 get onto the resistance website it asks me for a password 2 acsess the page [IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/wqy3vr.jpg[/IMG]

+ matty12345 on October 17th, 2008 at 6:33 am said:

can i ask why the resistance website asks 4 a password when i try 2 get on it?

+ JaKhris on October 17th, 2008 at 6:33 am said:

I got a key, and played ten minutes and … I WANT MORE!!! Great job guys. :)

+ -IronMan- on October 17th, 2008 at 6:42 am said:

Hmmm still no email.

Greg Phillips's Avatar

+ gphillips on October 17th, 2008 at 1:52 pm said:

When you pre ordered, did you receive a code from Gamestop to enter on their website?

+ acerazer1 on October 17th, 2008 at 6:46 am said:

Honestly, if you’re just buying Qore to get in this Beta, then you are very silly (for lack of a better term).

I’ve been meaning to subscribe to Qore for some time now, but never had the money to do it. Finally, I had some extra money, and subscribed yesterday morning before I knew Qore subscribers were getting Beta codes starting yesterday. Does anyone know if subscribing yesterday excludes me or not?

+ -IronMan- on October 17th, 2008 at 6:47 am said:

I got Qore subscriber and Pre-order the game from gamestop. So far none. Will wait till this afternoon and raise heck at gamestop. lol

+ acerazer1 on October 17th, 2008 at 6:50 am said:

Oh okay. That sounds like a good plan to me. How does Gamestop always manage to get themselves into trouble like this? We should just call them Gaylord Focker, geez

+ EnKeRa on October 17th, 2008 at 6:59 am said:

I GOT IT!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!

+ BigVic on October 17th, 2008 at 7:27 am said:

Awesome! I can’t wait for my email.

+ chriscowboyd on October 17th, 2008 at 7:28 am said:

i got my code thank sony and everone please do not rate the bata on if the game is any good or not .

+ scorpio on October 17th, 2008 at 7:35 am said:

Can’t wait to try R2 Beta thanks….

+ StalkingSilence on October 17th, 2008 at 7:44 am said:

Trying to get my hands on this…

+ stennex on October 17th, 2008 at 7:49 am said:

R2 beta is great. I cannot wait to play the final product. The textures in the game are so good. And this is just the online beta. The single player story line should really kick ass. Pr-ordered my game a longtime ago. R2 is definitely a GOY contender.

+ guitain on October 17th, 2008 at 7:54 am said:

You say the Public Beta begins in next week for europeans as well, but how do we get into it? ^^

+ StalkingSilence on October 17th, 2008 at 8:06 am said:

Linky is wrong: blog(dot)us(dot)playstation(dot)com/beta(dot)myresistance(dot)net

I think you just want: beta(dot)myresistance(dot)net

+ Toast on October 17th, 2008 at 8:19 am said:

I have no interest in the beta(i want the game to deliver all surprises)but It’s great to hear the game has gone gold…but doesn’t that defeat the point of it being a beta?

Anyway, can’t wait until 11/04 the game looks sweet and I hope co-op lives up to everything it’s been hyped to be. Given the industry is so me-too, i’d love to see focus switch back to co-op gameplay than competitive as I enjoy that much more, especially in shooters since i just drag a competitive team down :p

+ kaichi on October 17th, 2008 at 8:21 am said:

Man im still waiting for my email to get into beta. well afternoon will be here soon enough.

+ Profetik on October 17th, 2008 at 8:21 am said:

I really need a key, any extra keys you can email me at represenativeofchrist@hotmail.com i appreciate it. Thanks!

+ beasta25 on October 17th, 2008 at 8:24 am said:

yo the public beta site is not working!? What’s up with that!? and i keep getting kicked out of the open beta site every time i put in my name, What gives!?

I can’t wait for this game by the way, but i really want to get into the public beta, but the site won’t let me!?

+ matty12345 on October 17th, 2008 at 8:27 am said:

wtf lbp gettin delayed

+ zeke2040 on October 17th, 2008 at 8:30 am said:

finally this beta is out… im already downloading it, and i can’t wait to get the full game in my hands.

+ FritoZ on October 17th, 2008 at 8:32 am said:

have fun everyone!

hope the servers last longer than LBP’s beta!

+ -IronMan- on October 17th, 2008 at 8:42 am said:

Stupid Gamestop just called them they were like its not on. I was like uh… it started and wheres my damn email. I am starting to get mad.

Give me another damn code this one not working or something.

Then he was like my boss be here at 1pm call then. I was like give me my money back then faulty advertisement.

Call back at 1pm. UGH!

+ duhcola on October 17th, 2008 at 8:44 am said:

I tried to download it and i had no room on my HDD, and i went back and it was gone! :(

+ BrianC6234 on October 17th, 2008 at 8:48 am said:

#20 – You must have a problem on your connection. I downloaded the beta in a lot less time than you took for 30% of the download. I didn’t keep track of the amount of time but it was under 1.5 hours for the whole download for me.

+ Lalosk on October 17th, 2008 at 8:51 am said:

I still haven’t gotten mine hopefully they are still going out. I reserved from gamestop.

+ acerazer1 on October 17th, 2008 at 8:51 am said:

Still nothing, dangit.

I wish they said some Qore subscribers will get it, then I would have never had this false hope.

+ Profetik on October 17th, 2008 at 9:08 am said:

Beta anyone?

+ jenkins77 on October 17th, 2008 at 9:15 am said:

Where is my beta code?? Have been a Qore annual subscriber since day 1 and no beta key!!

+ Lencer on October 17th, 2008 at 9:31 am said:

i have quore but i havent got a beta code!

+ Prayer350z on October 17th, 2008 at 9:41 am said:

I cant wait for my code! RESISTANCE > All PS3 Games.

+ luminousCranium on October 17th, 2008 at 9:47 am said:

If I go to the Playstation Store today and download the issue of Qore that included this beta, will I still get a beta key?

+ sonyrules on October 17th, 2008 at 9:49 am said:

where is Qore beta code?

+ schwaa on October 17th, 2008 at 10:04 am said:

LBP DELAYED:

One of the songs contains a verse from the Koran. Possible November release. I am NOT making this up.

+ kaichi on October 17th, 2008 at 10:22 am said:

still waiting for my email. i reserved at gamestop.

+ Kem1kal on October 17th, 2008 at 10:25 am said:

LBP is not delayed I work at blockbuster and we already have it ready to go out for rent on the 21st. schwaa doesn’t know what he is talking about and ps3fanboy = crap. Also I have qore annual hope to get a email soon!!!

+ Kem1kal on October 17th, 2008 at 10:29 am said:

Just got it!!

+ chrisrhymz on October 17th, 2008 at 10:33 am said:

if any1 has any extra keys that they wouldnt mind giving away can i get it please thanks…

PSN ID: ritz305

+ jessehaysfl on October 17th, 2008 at 10:58 am said:

im also a qore sub from day 1, i havent got my email but everyone must remember what jeff said, there sending out 10,000 or so emails so it might take awhile.

+ Profetik on October 17th, 2008 at 11:10 am said:

Anyone with a beta key, plz hook me up. my psn is Tallyhawk

+ schwaa on October 17th, 2008 at 11:17 am said:

@192

Just relaying a message, bro. If your copies don’t get recalled by Sony there will probably be a patch to fix it. Maybe it’s a bogus story, who knows. Seems legit…

+ Heights on October 17th, 2008 at 11:29 am said:

I also had my code sent to my old psn email. Not sure why that is but it may happen to others.

+ victorh34 on October 17th, 2008 at 11:38 am said:

i pre ordered my copy of resistance 2 on amazon, does that means im not getting the beta? =(

+ jbat17 on October 17th, 2008 at 11:46 am said:

hey guys, if i just purchased the qore ep3 without an annual subs, should i still expect the code in from the Premiere wave?

from the post it seems that i should, but no email yet. with lbp delayed, i need this beta

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 11