LittleBigPlanet 3

Resistance 2 beta begins… today!

Greg Phillips's Avatar + Posted by Greg Phillips on Oct 16, 2008 // Producer, SCEA

Heya, it’s been a while since I’ve been seen around these parts as James Stevenson, Bryan Intihar and the others at Insomniac have been doing most of the Resistance 2 posting as of late. Along with my return to the blog, I bring a few announcements with regards to R2:

• Today, October 16th, the public beta for Resistance 2 will begin in North America. The beta will offer gamers a glimpse at Resistance 2’s online competitive and co-op modes ahead of the game’s launch on November 4th. We will be admitting players in two waves: a Premiere wave which includes those that pre-ordered at GameStop, individuals who subscribed to QORE for one year and/or bought the episode featuring Resistance 2 and a recent contest from GamePro.com. Those of you in the Premiere wave should be receiving an email with a registration code between now and tomorrow afternoon. A second wave is starting in the middle of next week, and you apply to be a part of it by going to beta.myresistance.net once the site goes live (later tonight). For those of you across the pond in Europe, the public beta will also begin next week.
  • The Beta will include competitive maps from three locations in the game. These maps include 60-, 40-, and 20-player maps from Orick, 40- and 20-player maps from Chicago, and the 10-Player map Sub Docks (Bay Area). New modes Skirmish and Core control will be supported, along with Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch. The co-op portion of the beta will focused on Orick, and will support randomization of your play-path. Both co-op and competitive will support matchmaking and class/character progression up to level 10. This will allow unlocking of new equipment, upgrades and berserks for character customization.
  • Speaking of beta.myresistance.net, the beta version of our new community site goes live tonight as well. Customizable leader boards/user profiles, individual blogs and ‘ticker’ that provides players with up to minute information of happenings on the site are just some of the features the beta site has to offer. Leading into the November 4th North American launch of the game (and the months to follow), we’ll be adding several more features that will make MyResistance.net the destination for all Resistance fans.
  • And, finally, Resistance 2 has gone gold. As a special treat, the below image gives all of you PlayStation Blog readers an idea on just how big just the online coop campaign mode is :)

HiRes Co-op graph

That’s all for now. Keep your eyes open for more R2 announcements as we lead into launch. If you have any questions, write them in the comments sections and I’ll do my best to answer them.

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8 9 11

+ draggingalake on October 17th, 2008 at 5:20 pm said:

RealScatman, I got 4 – 4 -4, and I’ve been getting the error that others have been getting:

“The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid. Please check your entries.”

It’s just the gamestop codes, right?

+ acerazer1 on October 17th, 2008 at 5:21 pm said:

Greg Phillips, you have been most helpful. I’m not getting a code, but that’s okay, it’s understandable. At least I don’t have to be in limbo about it now.

+ DeathSauce on October 17th, 2008 at 5:22 pm said:

Yeah definitely appreciated that someone’s looking into it.

+ Crazyass2800 on October 17th, 2008 at 5:22 pm said:

Still havent gotten my email even, but i just happy that someone is out there helping us(wait till you see how long my thank you will be once i start playing!)

+ RealScatman on October 17th, 2008 at 5:23 pm said:

THats exactly the message I am receiving.

+ Crazyass2800 on October 17th, 2008 at 5:23 pm said:

Kindness is best served when its to no one you know or when no one is looking. THANKS

+ Josekenshin on October 17th, 2008 at 5:25 pm said:

Greg i get my Qore ep 3 11 days ago do i going to get a Beta Code ?

Good work guys.

See ya.

+ jobo030 on October 17th, 2008 at 5:32 pm said:

if i dont get a code pretty soon im going to be upset iv done everything to get in the res 2 beta and home beta and have got neither

+ super_champion on October 17th, 2008 at 5:34 pm said:

jobo030 same here welcome to the club :)

+ DeathSauce on October 17th, 2008 at 5:35 pm said:

lol I was kinda expecting not to get into the Home Beta giveaway but there shouldn’t be any problems with this beta since I did everything step-by-step :/

+ Crazyass2800 on October 17th, 2008 at 5:40 pm said:

I GOT MY CODE I AM BELEIVE IT OR NOT ALMOST GOING TO CRY THANK U THANK U THANK U THANK U THANK U GREG ILL BE back to see if it works….YOU KEPT MY SPIRET UP!

+ sho12t33 on October 17th, 2008 at 5:41 pm said:

yes! received my code and DL as i type! :)

+ super_champion on October 17th, 2008 at 5:44 pm said:

still no code i’m gonna cry now:{

+ 16-bit on October 17th, 2008 at 5:44 pm said:

I’m a Qore subscriber and no code. Any word when I’m going to get it?

+ Crazyass2800 on October 17th, 2008 at 5:47 pm said:

ITS WORK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THANK U THANK U THANK UTHANK U THANK U THANK UTHANK U THANK U THANK U THANK UTHANK U THANK UTHANK U THANK U THANK U GREG !!!!!!!!!

+ RealScatman on October 17th, 2008 at 5:50 pm said:

draggingalake any progress with your key? ( mine still is invalid..)

+ draggingalake on October 17th, 2008 at 5:50 pm said:

I GOT MY ORIGINAL CODE TO WORK!

anyone who posted above, just try your code again, mine worked.

Greg, if you did this. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

+ draggingalake on October 17th, 2008 at 5:51 pm said:

realscatman, i just got mine to work like 30 sec. ago, whats you PSN so i can add you

+ RealScatman on October 17th, 2008 at 5:52 pm said:

realScatman

+ RealScatman on October 17th, 2008 at 5:52 pm said:

yea send me a chat or something i tried mine again and it doesnt work

+ DeathSauce on October 17th, 2008 at 5:55 pm said:

MINE WORKED!

Nice catch, dragging!

+ RealScatman on October 17th, 2008 at 5:56 pm said:

what time did you both recieve the beta key in your email box? perhaps this thing is time sensitive…

+ Crazyass2800 on October 17th, 2008 at 5:59 pm said:

it is i guess the sooner you registered the more time it took to get emailed to you 5:47pm

+ Negley22 on October 17th, 2008 at 5:59 pm said:

mine works too, thanks for fixing it grey, awesome work

+ DeathSauce on October 17th, 2008 at 6:01 pm said:

I got mine at 5:19pm Mountain Time

+ 16-bit on October 17th, 2008 at 6:03 pm said:

Well, I hate to say this, but I purchased a YEAR subscription to Qore and I don’t have my beta code. I know I just posted, but I want to know why it is my responsibility to post on the R2 site to say I didn’t get one?

PSN ID: Optimus84

Hope you can help me out since I did subscribe to Qore to get premier acces.

+ super_champion on October 17th, 2008 at 6:03 pm said:

I havn’t got one yet someone please help me
:{

+ RealScatman on October 17th, 2008 at 6:05 pm said:

well i guess i will have to just keep trying this beta key for the rest of the evening until it works or I hear from Greg

+ super_champion on October 17th, 2008 at 6:17 pm said:

my psn name is the same as my blog name if any of you guys want to add me as a friend.

+ lilbuddy on October 17th, 2008 at 6:25 pm said:

Same here…code is now working…Thankyou!

+ draggingalake on October 17th, 2008 at 6:25 pm said:

i’m still downloading mine, anyone with a gamestop code that didn’t work, try it again

anyone that wants to add me: draggingalake

thanks again GREG for looking into this

+ eid3tic on October 17th, 2008 at 6:30 pm said:

Works now for me as well. Thanks all who worked to resolve the issue.

+ Elatis on October 17th, 2008 at 6:33 pm said:

Guess I’m another Qore premium subscriber from North America who hasn’t received a code.

This along with the LBP delay is very frustrating.

+ mclaren777 on October 17th, 2008 at 6:45 pm said:

Cliff notes version: I’m a Qore subscriber who hasn’t received his access code yet.

Longer version: I’ve been an annual Qore subscriber since the beginning and I also signed up for the Resistance 2 beta separately on Insomniac’s site, yet I still haven’t received my code yet. I know you’re probably getting swamped with similar tales but I’m just a little concerned now because the exact same thing happened with the SOCOM beta (after two weeks of waiting I finally had to e-mail Sony to get my code).

So I’m just hoping that I won’t have to wait too long to finally get access to R2. ;)

Luke Longnecker
PSN: mclaren777
mclaren777@gmail.com

+ RealScatman on October 17th, 2008 at 7:03 pm said:

for some reason the beta key is not working properly for me…

+ super_champion on October 17th, 2008 at 7:11 pm said:

lets all email sony! ;)

+ Ratigen on October 17th, 2008 at 7:25 pm said:

I’m another Qore premium subscriber and I’m still waiting

+ babybluedb on October 17th, 2008 at 7:50 pm said:

OKAY ONE QUESTION IF BEEN OUT OF THE LOOP FOR AWHILE SO WELL TO BE CO-OP OFFLINE STORY MODE IF NOT O-WELL ILL STILL PICK UP THE COLLECTORS EDITION

+ 16-bit on October 17th, 2008 at 7:51 pm said:

I went up to Gamestop to get my preorder beta code and tried it three times with no luck. Since I didn’t get it for my yearly Qore subscription I figured I would just use my preoder code to get in, but no luck.

+ babybluedb on October 17th, 2008 at 7:52 pm said:

sorry for caps and spelling will there be 2 player co-op offline story mode if not ill still buy the colletors edition

+ elohel on October 17th, 2008 at 8:35 pm said:

I haven’t gotten my codes either, I bought episode 3 and I pre ordered my game at gamestop

psn: elohel

email: aaron.conn@gmail.com

+ elohel on October 17th, 2008 at 8:36 pm said:

err whatever episode it was lol i bought the R2 beta episode lol

+ elohel on October 17th, 2008 at 8:40 pm said:

mistake, didn’t buy the right episode, and i read that you have to subscibe to the full year to get it, but i did pre order the collector’s edition of the game so… still double you tee eff

+ lowdub on October 17th, 2008 at 8:42 pm said:

i have also not recieved my beta code. i purchased epi. 3 of qore.

PSN: LowDUB

+ BXsHotBoi on October 17th, 2008 at 9:46 pm said:

why i havent got my code either i subrcibed to qore and i bought the 3rd episode before i subscribed and still no email

+ BXsHotBoi on October 17th, 2008 at 9:53 pm said:

i reallly really want to know y i havent gotten my code yet i waited since the announcemnet and still no word … i know its alot of requests but still im a qore subscriber and purchased the episode before now its already saturday and no luck this is not cool
PSN:BXsHotBoi

+ mrnagy88 on October 17th, 2008 at 10:26 pm said:

What’s beta for if you’ve gone gold already? Patches? :-p

+ SSephirothT on October 17th, 2008 at 10:41 pm said:

Yeah… According to the post, I should have been in the first wave… This is very disappointing…

+ Prayer350z on October 17th, 2008 at 11:38 pm said:

Still no code man. What should I do? I emailed Sony, tryed calling and everything and still no help.

Im a QORE annual subscriber :(

+ fabienb2 on October 18th, 2008 at 3:55 am said:

hello,

i’m a Qore member and i’ve paid just dor the resistance 2 beta key.

i don’t receive my code ,please send me my code to this email :

E-mail : belbel7@voila.fr