PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Resistance 2 beta begins… today!

Greg Phillips's Avatar + Posted by Greg Phillips on Oct 16, 2008 // Producer, SCEA

Heya, it’s been a while since I’ve been seen around these parts as James Stevenson, Bryan Intihar and the others at Insomniac have been doing most of the Resistance 2 posting as of late. Along with my return to the blog, I bring a few announcements with regards to R2:

• Today, October 16th, the public beta for Resistance 2 will begin in North America. The beta will offer gamers a glimpse at Resistance 2′s online competitive and co-op modes ahead of the game’s launch on November 4th. We will be admitting players in two waves: a Premiere wave which includes those that pre-ordered at GameStop, individuals who subscribed to QORE for one year and/or bought the episode featuring Resistance 2 and a recent contest from GamePro.com. Those of you in the Premiere wave should be receiving an email with a registration code between now and tomorrow afternoon. A second wave is starting in the middle of next week, and you apply to be a part of it by going to beta.myresistance.net once the site goes live (later tonight). For those of you across the pond in Europe, the public beta will also begin next week.
  • The Beta will include competitive maps from three locations in the game. These maps include 60-, 40-, and 20-player maps from Orick, 40- and 20-player maps from Chicago, and the 10-Player map Sub Docks (Bay Area). New modes Skirmish and Core control will be supported, along with Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch. The co-op portion of the beta will focused on Orick, and will support randomization of your play-path. Both co-op and competitive will support matchmaking and class/character progression up to level 10. This will allow unlocking of new equipment, upgrades and berserks for character customization.
  • Speaking of beta.myresistance.net, the beta version of our new community site goes live tonight as well. Customizable leader boards/user profiles, individual blogs and ‘ticker’ that provides players with up to minute information of happenings on the site are just some of the features the beta site has to offer. Leading into the November 4th North American launch of the game (and the months to follow), we’ll be adding several more features that will make MyResistance.net the destination for all Resistance fans.
  • And, finally, Resistance 2 has gone gold. As a special treat, the below image gives all of you PlayStation Blog readers an idea on just how big just the online coop campaign mode is :)

HiRes Co-op graph

That’s all for now. Keep your eyes open for more R2 announcements as we lead into launch. If you have any questions, write them in the comments sections and I’ll do my best to answer them.

PAGE 1 6 7 8 9 10 11

+ BeNeXuS on October 18th, 2008 at 5:39 am said:

What about the error 80029563. I still can’t download the beta.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg Phillips's Avatar

+ gphillips on October 18th, 2008 at 9:31 am said:

BeNeXus, not sure why you would still be getting an error. What is your PSN ID and I\’ll try to take a look.

+ Little Big Solidus on October 18th, 2008 at 5:51 am said:

Hmm, so what is the deadline for being in the beta after purchasing the qore 3 episode?

I bought the MGS bundle right around episode 4, which I purchased to see what it’s all about. Liked it, wanted the beta but noticed I couldn’t do the annual subscription anymore. Bought the episode 3 separately specifically for the beta and now….

Tough out of luck?

+ SmackAttack on October 18th, 2008 at 6:45 am said:

i ordered qore episode 3 the day it came out.i still have not received my beta key. will the customers who ordered qore 3 this summer be in on the first wave? my email: jmac333@comcast.net

+ SmackAttack on October 18th, 2008 at 6:48 am said:

my bad/mistyped my email: jmack333@comcast.net

+ Raacky on October 18th, 2008 at 7:03 am said:

I bought episode 3 of qore ONLY and still no beta code, why sony, why?? hah just kiddin..from what i understand i will be in the 2nd wave, when is that?

+ Raacky on October 18th, 2008 at 7:06 am said:

oh my email rickdallas18@yahoo.com by the way

+ XeonBAMF on October 18th, 2008 at 7:19 am said:

“-Anyone who bought episode 3 only during the beta offer will be admitted into the open wave of the beta next week.”

Yeah, thats a bunch of BS. I won’t be buying anymore episodes of this garbage anymore. Guess when you said “Premiere wave,individuals who subscribed to QORE for one year and/or bought the episode featuring Resistance 2.” you were just messing around huh?

+ ArczX on October 18th, 2008 at 7:21 am said:

hello,

i’m a Qore member and i’ve paid just dor the resistance 2 beta key.

i don’t receive my code ,please send me my code to this email :

E-mail : zapachyfm@onet.eu

PSN : Crash2121

+ super_champion on October 18th, 2008 at 7:31 am said:

their not listening anymore just give up!

+ Prayer350z on October 18th, 2008 at 7:45 am said:

It seems like that doesnt it champion? But it still feels better to shout! and complain.

Still no email with my code: QORE Annual subscriber since it came out.

PSN/Email: Prayer350z / @hotmail.com

+ GrayFoxBH on October 18th, 2008 at 9:01 am said:

I bought Qore the day it came out only for R2 beta. And I didnt receive any e-mail.

Please Sony, send my key.

e-mail: grayfoxbh@yahoo.com.br

+ Joe2794 on October 18th, 2008 at 9:02 am said:

I still haven’t even gotten my beta code. I registered online and made sure I typed in the right email adress and everything… What’s going on!

+ JBruno on October 18th, 2008 at 9:02 am said:

hello,

i’m a Qore costumer and i’ve paid already for resistance 2 beta key.

i don’t receive my code ,please send me my code to this email :

E-mail : mangaravite@gmail.com

PSN : JBruno

+ scrapperk on October 18th, 2008 at 9:08 am said:

Been downloading for 4 hrs now…

+ Ajora on October 18th, 2008 at 9:33 am said:

I pre-ordered and already paid for R2 CE and I’m an annual subscriber to Qore….and still no code! :(

Can somebody please tell me why?

PSN ID: Ajora
Send me the code: shehovich@sbcglobal.net

+ Gooddaysfall on October 18th, 2008 at 10:19 am said:

I got Qore 3 too and I never received mine and why is it taking so long!

+ RonnyBoi on October 18th, 2008 at 10:41 am said:

im a qore subscriber but i did not get a resistance 2 beta yet either. its it only US because i live in canada plz send me some help. my username is also my psn account

+ Bloodline23 on October 18th, 2008 at 10:44 am said:

Okay, so i pre-ordered from gamestop AND brought Qore ep. 3. I recieved my gamestop code but not the Qore code i have a buddy on my list who’s waiting on it… can one email (person) not get two codes or should i keep waiting?

+ kujuka16 on October 18th, 2008 at 11:01 am said:

I purchased Qore Episode 3 and still haven’t received my Resistance 2 beta code/key. Will you please send it to me or help?
PSN ID: kujuka
Email Address: beliel1@hotmail.com

+ 16-bit on October 18th, 2008 at 11:20 am said:

Any word if the individuals who subscribed to Qore are going to get in on the beta today?

PSN ID Optimus84

+ jose23va on October 18th, 2008 at 11:45 am said:

i did pre-order the game at gamestop and i did send the access code like 7, 8 days ago and im still waiting the email

PSN: JOSE23VA

EMAIL:thekiller22va@aol.com

+ xvNiGhtMaREvx on October 18th, 2008 at 11:56 am said:

I’m a annual subscriber to core, I’m still waiting for my beta. I had to wait almost a week to receive my Socom beta after it was already released. Will I have to wait this long again? To top it off i’m the only one on my friends list not already playing it… this is NOT fair, everyone should get it at the same time.

+ BeNeXuS on October 18th, 2008 at 12:38 pm said:

gphillips !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for your answer!!! my PSN ID is BeNeXuS
I’m still getting this error, every other demo or video download just fine.
I’m from argentina by the way.

+ Radant128 on October 18th, 2008 at 12:51 pm said:

I’m also someone who downloaded Qore episode 3 (still have it on my harddrive) who has not received a beta code. Here’s hoping I can get some relief here… The wait is killing me!

Thanks in advance!

PSN: Radant128
E-mail: bbm512@hotmail.com

+ Radant128 on October 18th, 2008 at 1:08 pm said:

After reading through 8 pages of comments I figured out that I should be getting mine next week. Here’s an actually valid question…

I bought Qore 3 quickly after it came out but had to delete it due to room. I re-downloaded it about a month ago due to anticipation for the R2 beta going up on Qore. Will I still get a code or did I have to hold on to it from the day I downloaded it?

+ blazebrova on October 18th, 2008 at 1:10 pm said:

Hey gphillips, Ive been checking, but still have not received my beta code. I pre-ordered from gamestop last Sunday and applied the same day. Any way to check?

PSN: blazebrova
Email: illogik88@aol.com

+ sonyrules on October 18th, 2008 at 1:40 pm said:

+ Squamden on October 18th, 2008 at 1:58 pm said:

Hey, I’m not one to complain, but I did subscribe to Qore and I have yet to receive my code. What’s the problem?

+ Sgt_Bobo on October 18th, 2008 at 2:04 pm said:

It’s the 18th already and i still havent received an email with the beta code, i bought the Qore episode when it first came out so y don’t i hav this code?

+ Prayer350z on October 18th, 2008 at 2:59 pm said:

Still no code: I even called and well..that was just a pointless 10minutes of my life. I want my code please.

PSN: Prayer350z
Email: Prayer350z@hotmail.com

+ _GoDLiKeBR_ on October 18th, 2008 at 3:19 pm said:

I didn’t receive my code yet (bought all Qore’s).

PSN ID: GoDLiKe BR
E-mail: godlikesega@gmail.com

+ betrixkiddo on October 18th, 2008 at 4:01 pm said:

Hate to be a broken record, but I purchased the annual subscription to qore to enjoy early betas and demos. so far i have enjoyed the socom beta and the early motorstorm demo. I have been watching my email since the 16th and have not seen any email with my beta code. Please help me.
My email is beatrixkiddo10@yahoo.com and my psn id is betrixkiddo Thanks so much.

+ Dilldude35 on October 18th, 2008 at 4:10 pm said:

Hello, I heard that the ones that bought Qore episode 3 would get the code in the first wave, why haven’t I got it yet? I’m rather dissapointed…

+ Dilldude35 on October 18th, 2008 at 4:12 pm said:

Oh, nevermind, I beleive I will get into wave 2. :)

+ betrixkiddo on October 18th, 2008 at 4:17 pm said:

the truth is that we were told that people that only bought episode 3 of qore would be in the second wave of the beta and that the people that bought the full years subscription would be in the first wave. Doesn’t seem to matter though, because there are several customers on this blog including myself that are year’s subscription people that have yet to receive beta codes. i think the qore people somehow got R2 beta emails screwed up. I have received my email for the socom beta from qore first day it was available.

+ Dolten on October 18th, 2008 at 4:22 pm said:

Ya I bought episode 3 and I havent got my codes yet My Play Station Network ID is Dolten

+ Dolten on October 18th, 2008 at 4:24 pm said:

Oh ya my email is spbottorff@swva.net

+ lou04 on October 18th, 2008 at 4:28 pm said:

iv already down loaded the beta its asum

+ Dolten on October 18th, 2008 at 4:32 pm said:

I bought the Qore just for the beta and its the 18th ITS BEEN GOING ON FOR 2 DAYS I NEED MY CODE.

+ Fplus on October 18th, 2008 at 4:45 pm said:

PSN User: Fplus

Qore 3 Bought on release

have not received my code.

Thanks Sony!

+ pbzjunk on October 18th, 2008 at 5:00 pm said:

i bought episode 3 havent recieved my code for R2 beta daddyslilgirl25@embarqmail.com pbzjunk

+ jose23va on October 18th, 2008 at 5:23 pm said:

sony is almost 19th im still wating my code can’t wait lol

+ ShortPunk518 on October 18th, 2008 at 6:28 pm said:

I purchased Qore Ep.3 the first day hoping to get into the R2 beta then it was delayed. Now the emails aren’t getting in. I am really pissed that after 3 days since the start of the beta, i still havent gotten my code. My PSN id: Pebbz_16
My email address: pebbz16@yahoo.com

+ spykejones on October 18th, 2008 at 6:33 pm said:

I downloaded the episode 3 of Qore and I have yet to receive my code to download the resistance beta can you check it out an dsee why I have not received the email. Then send it to me please

+ spykejones on October 18th, 2008 at 6:35 pm said:

PSN is spykejones

+ fijski8 on October 18th, 2008 at 6:38 pm said:

Hi, been reading this and checking my email for days now, yes i bought ep.3 when it came out for the beta also. so leaving my email here to hope to get a code also, thanks and keep up the hard work!

sfijal@yahoo.com

+ Bam3vO on October 18th, 2008 at 7:22 pm said:

I havent received my key and I purchased qore3 on the first day! I dont understand why they even bother putting the download link in Qore if it doesnt even work. Same with Socom, purchased Qore1 (in fact I have all Qore’s) never received my beta key! No need to mess with people Sony, if you promise betas for Qore customers then just tell us the exact date and make it happen. None of this BS phony download link that doesnt work and empty promises. I will still purchase R2, but my qore days are over…waisted money.

+ TALONTSx on October 18th, 2008 at 7:27 pm said:

Annual Qore subscriber here. Member since Qore was released…still waiting for R2 Beta key here too!

+ allybubba on October 18th, 2008 at 7:55 pm said:

ive been checking for messages on my ps3 all month especially just this evening, and i havent received any codes for r2 beta and yes i pre ordered the game please respond back! sirmonsaes@comcast.net thank you

+ GODSACE on October 18th, 2008 at 9:12 pm said: