PS4 - Transistor

LittleBigPlanet Release Update

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Oct 17, 2008 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

During the review process prior to the release of LittleBigPlanet, it has been brought to our attention that one of the background music tracks licensed from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur’an. We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologize for any offense that this may have caused.

We will begin shipping LittleBigPlanet to retail in North America the week of October 27th. Sorry for the delay, and rest assured, we are doing everything we can to get LittleBigPlanet to you as soon as possible.

333 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

+ Yslaire on October 17th, 2008 at 12:04 pm said:

Sony once again like shooting themselves on their foot…
After an underwhelming and bland TGS 08, here we go again! Yeah! Great. Bravo! :(

I don’t understand why this “offending” song can be purchased everywhere BUT are SO offending in a game!
That’s stunning.

It just show how weak Sony are nowadays. SAD. SAD. SAD… like there HW numbers in Japan.

+ Buzzkiller on October 17th, 2008 at 12:04 pm said:

I just have one thing to say, NOTHING is ever censored when it offends christians.

+ soliduntzboy on October 17th, 2008 at 12:04 pm said:

@158

Brilliant insight, but what does that have to do with my comment? Are you saying offense is a permit to irrational hate?

+ joh1ny on October 17th, 2008 at 12:04 pm said:

tabarnak de callise de criss ostie c de la mard sony vous me faite vraimant chier

+ JimmyHACK on October 17th, 2008 at 12:04 pm said:

suck they delay for a patch.. they aren’t changing the disc, they are just giving themselves time to certify a update for day one.. kinda lame but whatever.. maybe some retailers will use original date since that’s what on the packages they already have in house.

+ FritoZ on October 17th, 2008 at 12:05 pm said:

I think we can all relate a bit to offense being taken when disrespect to a person’s religion is made..

because how would you like it if an Xbot came in here and said “SOny suxxorz! PS3 ftl! all PS3 g@merz are noobz”?

diehard Sony fanboys would rise up in defense..

see the similarities?

a crude comparison, yes, but maybe one that will relate to some better..

anyway, yeah it sucks that LBP sill come out late, but a week’s not that bad..

+ Bigrhyno on October 17th, 2008 at 12:05 pm said:

Being able to read these comments made this announcement worth it.

+ D1rk-Knight on October 17th, 2008 at 12:05 pm said:

@159
Believe me I don’t agree on what happened. But the people start to attack us all Muslims like we are a creatures from a different realm. We are human like you & we are peaceful people who love to live in peace & harmony with the others.

+ Ariton on October 17th, 2008 at 12:05 pm said:

@D1rk-Knight

did I miss something? my comment wasn’t directed at anyone, it was just a general statement. my comment was 145 about the music itself and the artist.

+ redgopher on October 17th, 2008 at 12:05 pm said:

I’m agnostic; I appreciate and respect Sony and Media Molecule for addressing this issue so as to make sure everyone, regardless of religion, ethnicity, etc. can enjoy this fantastic game.

+ darkiewonder on October 17th, 2008 at 12:06 pm said:

Hi sony. I would like my money back for LBP so I can buy a 12 month XBLive card please to play Fable 2 online.

thanks.

+ awesomemans on October 17th, 2008 at 12:06 pm said:

nbonononononon!
OH NO! NONONONONONONONONONONONONNONONONONONOOOO!NOOONOOOOO!
NOOOOO! nononono no no no nonono!

+ ecks51 on October 17th, 2008 at 12:07 pm said:

@170

Because Family Guy > Religion.

+ Clinton514 on October 17th, 2008 at 12:07 pm said:

Some of you xenophobes forgetting the Church of England incident. Sony had to apologies and made a small “donation”.

They just saved themselves more trouble.

+ Aerfox on October 17th, 2008 at 12:07 pm said:

Here read this.

Greater than .01 percent.

+ tuaamin13 on October 17th, 2008 at 12:07 pm said:

Why don’t you just put the patch on a CD or something and distribute it with the game (not necessarily shrink wrapped with it), and purchasers (if offended) can come back and pick it up if it’s not ready by launch day?

+ centrinoduo91 on October 17th, 2008 at 12:07 pm said:

whats wrong with giving a an EU release date. are you illergic to the EU?!

+ SillyHatMafia on October 17th, 2008 at 12:07 pm said:

While I’m a little saddened by this, it’s only a week! In fact this may be a blessing for some in disguise! More time to play the Resistance 2 beta!

+ Seanscythe2 on October 17th, 2008 at 12:08 pm said:

OMG God of War has a Spartan killing gods that some might believe in the game has to be recalled.

Obama will be on tv soon talking about how his “Change” will stop anything like this from ever happening. Because he will ban all games that offend anyone anywhere. Welcome Change.

Sony man up and give us our promissed game.

+ petey74 on October 17th, 2008 at 12:08 pm said:

@ 142

This issue has everything to do with terrorism. “Most common definitions of terrorism include only those acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack).” – Wikipedia. Sony’s action speaks for itself.

+ r-nice on October 17th, 2008 at 12:08 pm said:

LMAO @ comment number 7.

+ byron_hinson on October 17th, 2008 at 12:09 pm said:

I’d like it clarified what happens for those of us who have already got the game through retail/promo’s – do we need to return them – or will we be patched on release date with the patch that MM has already got ready and that should have been released instead of a recall.

+ soliduntzboy on October 17th, 2008 at 12:09 pm said:

@188

You’re an idiot. Seriously, stay out of politics, you don’t know what you’re talking about.

+ SillyHatMafia on October 17th, 2008 at 12:10 pm said:

@193: I assume you can hold on to them

+ ilikemonkeys on October 17th, 2008 at 12:10 pm said:

@177

Yeah, I agree. But why is everyone making a big deal about it? Can you even understand those lyrics? If there had been no translation people would have never known. Granted they were still there.

+ Deviation on October 17th, 2008 at 12:10 pm said:

@183: Sony did not make a donation. The bishop *demanded* a donation as restitution. Sony didn’t cave then, so it’s only more disappointing that they’re caving now. It’s just completely pathetic.

+ Brian.v.2 on October 17th, 2008 at 12:10 pm said:

Wow, most people in here.. just wow…

Sony and MM are only doing what is best for them so they don’t have giant lawsuits or whatever after them. But I mean sure if you’d prefer that Sony release the game and get a lawsuit shoved in their face and lose a tonne of money then whatever… I’m just glad this didn’t escalate into something bigger that it is.

+ D1rk-Knight on October 17th, 2008 at 12:10 pm said:

@185
I don’t talk with kids. Go learn some manners & then maybe I’ll talk with you.

+ K on October 17th, 2008 at 12:11 pm said:

@183
I can make up a religion and find anything offensive, it doesn’t mean it will get me what I want though. The fact is Sony could have solved this issue without delaying the game and now causing this religious mini war.

+ byron_hinson on October 17th, 2008 at 12:11 pm said:

190 – I’m all against the religious hate going on here – but if any other religious related content had been in a game it wouldn’t have been recalled.

+ Clinton514 on October 17th, 2008 at 12:11 pm said:

@196 – They didn’t. They made a public apology and gave them money.

+ zodiac909 on October 17th, 2008 at 12:11 pm said:

this is very hard and may be the only time where i ever say this in my life,but…. [DELETED] YOU SONY!!! WHY DO YOU CHANGE THE RELEASE DATE BY ALMOST 2 FULL WEEKS!! THIS IS LIKE THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR AND YET YOU PULL BACK THE RELEASE DATE FOR THE GAME JUST BECAUSE OF SOME 2 STUPID [DELETED] EXPRESSIONS!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Twyst on October 17th, 2008 at 12:11 pm said:

Don’t give gamers a bad name people, let’s be logical and not disgusting.

+ donald212066 on October 17th, 2008 at 12:12 pm said:

they should open the BETA back up PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ joh1ny on October 17th, 2008 at 12:12 pm said:

hahahahahahahahahahahhahaa osti de cave 200

+ toombzie on October 17th, 2008 at 12:13 pm said:

you offended me by delaying the release!!! thanks a lot

+ K on October 17th, 2008 at 12:13 pm said:

@205

Delaying the game for all their fans was not necessary at all..

+ joh1ny on October 17th, 2008 at 12:13 pm said:

give the demo on playstaion store

+ chasegamez on October 17th, 2008 at 12:14 pm said:

i got it already
thank god mine fell off the back off the truck
send me friend request
PSN:chase167 compare trophys
if you thing im lying

+ joh1ny on October 17th, 2008 at 12:14 pm said:

the demo on ps store

+ SuperDuckWC on October 17th, 2008 at 12:14 pm said:

Stie de marde! 4 jours avant s sortie pitin de bordel de merde! ET MERDE!

+ MeltTech on October 17th, 2008 at 12:14 pm said:

It’s all a scam. The guy that got all of this started with his first post on the UK forums. I bet he still sues Sony.

+ joh1ny on October 17th, 2008 at 12:15 pm said:

the demo on ps store i want this

+ Squall2600 on October 17th, 2008 at 12:15 pm said:

luckily i got games like wipeout and megaman 9 to keep me busy while waiting

+ mrmitch31 on October 17th, 2008 at 12:16 pm said:

Absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!

+ donald212066 on October 17th, 2008 at 12:16 pm said:

At lease they didn’t say first Q 2009 lol Everybody wants to play this game so just (chillax) and continue playing what ever you was playing

+ joh1ny on October 17th, 2008 at 12:16 pm said:

give for everyone the demo on ps store

+ Seanscythe2 on October 17th, 2008 at 12:16 pm said:

@soliduntzboy don’t tell me what to do you dimwitted moron.

+ MeltTech on October 17th, 2008 at 12:16 pm said:

HA! Gives me an extra week to play EOJ and R2 beta and HVB without tearing away from LBP.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7