Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Oct 17

Oct 17

LittleBigPlanet Release Update

Patrick Seybold's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

During the review process prior to the release of LittleBigPlanet, it has been brought to our attention that one of the background music tracks licensed from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur’an. We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologize for any offense that this may have caused.

We will begin shipping LittleBigPlanet to retail in North America the week of October 27th. Sorry for the delay, and rest assured, we are doing everything we can to get LittleBigPlanet to you as soon as possible.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7

SillyHatMafia said:

October 17th, 12:16 pm

I understand you all want LBP, so do I. But Sony wants this game to be for everyone, and while I’m sure most of us wouldn’t even KNOW there was anything wrong with a song in the soundtrack, theres a pretty good chance someone out there WILL notice it and MAY find it offensive. I don’t think Sony / MM want to take a chance of offending anyone.

Nero25 said:

October 17th, 12:16 pm

way to make yourself a joke sony

Junson23 said:

October 17th, 12:17 pm

People…it’s ONE week! Stop crying!

joh1ny said:

October 17th, 12:17 pm

the demo for everyone

LiquidSun said:

October 17th, 12:18 pm

@226

It doesn’t matter how many days it’s delayed, it’s the reason for why it’s beeing delayed. It’s crazy that it’s come to this.

Specter08 said:

October 17th, 12:18 pm

the demo plz

misiopuchatek said:

October 17th, 12:19 pm

And what with people who already have LBP?

joh1ny said:

October 17th, 12:19 pm

demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo demo
I WANT THE DEMO

cLokwerk_ye11ow said:

October 17th, 12:19 pm

Man some of you are drama queens. A one week delay is not a big deal.

nmc75 said:

October 17th, 12:20 pm

I’m sure developers the world over a learning their lesson today: QA and make PC all your licensed music in your game. These are hard lessons for Media Molecue, and as disappointed as a consumer/gamer that I am.. can you imagine the heartbreak those guys have over this? This will certainly cost money and time to fix.. not to mention the bad publicity. So guys, just be patient.. one more week is not going to kill you.

donald212066 said:

October 17th, 12:20 pm

212 prove it

Junson23 said:

October 17th, 12:20 pm

So it wouldn’t matter anymore if the delay was till November? Come on now! Some may find the reason stupid, but it’s a business decision.

amante said:

October 17th, 12:20 pm

@182
Uh, duh!

But seriously, this is a little annoying, but looking from the standpoint of Sony it makes sense. They are simply covering their a**es to avoid any legal issue. You can b**ch and moan all you want but the chances Sony would take by releasing it with the content, even with an exchange program or what have you, are too drastic. It would take a single person to rise up and complain about the content. Look at all the s**t RockStar has gone through with content that is deemed unsuitable (or even what actually makes it through to the game). It’s just a precautionary move and I for one think it’s smart. The news sucks, yes, but look at the bigger picture.

joh1ny said:

October 17th, 12:21 pm

THE DEMO PLZ

donald212066 said:

October 17th, 12:21 pm

I want the demo to please

-Jad- said:

October 17th, 12:21 pm

One week huh? I think I can handle it.

Nero25 said:

October 17th, 12:22 pm

does anyone know if this game support in game music?

Ward2South said:

October 17th, 12:22 pm

Really???

Nismobeach said:

October 17th, 12:22 pm

@234

The people at Sony are drama queens for delaying a flagship title for a non-problem and telling people about it on their blog!

joh1ny said:

October 17th, 12:22 pm

demo demo DEMO DEMO demo demo DEMO DEMO

Ward2South said:

October 17th, 12:23 pm

No. Really???

donald212066 said:

October 17th, 12:23 pm

@212 prove to me that yours fell off the truck and you playing it right now or was all off that just a bunch of BULL!! and I sent you an add on psn Id

joh1ny said:

October 17th, 12:23 pm

demo

Money1 said:

October 17th, 12:23 pm

ms doesnt have alot goin for it this season

donald212066 said:

October 17th, 12:23 pm

demo or open up the beta again please

donald212066 said:

October 17th, 12:24 pm

Sat,Sun,Mon then LBP what happened

LiquidSun said:

October 17th, 12:25 pm

@254

Excactly

Azured_Scorpio said:

October 17th, 12:25 pm

Allright!!! Just tell me who I have to shoot!!!

K said:

October 17th, 12:25 pm

@238
Nope, I wasn’t planning on getting the game anytime soon.

And they have to recall hundreds of thousands of copies of the game and potentially face less revenue from launching later. I’d say it was a very bad business decision.

joh1ny said:

October 17th, 12:25 pm

si vous retarder la game donner nous le DEMO ca cerais une fason de vous faire excusé

D1rk-Knight said:

October 17th, 12:25 pm

@245
No, it doesn’t support in-game musics.

Deviation said:

October 17th, 12:26 pm

Grow a pair, Sony. Don’t back down to these idiots.

LiquidSun said:

October 17th, 12:26 pm

I meant @256 Exactly. I’ve asked that my self.

mbsaeger said:

October 17th, 12:27 pm

What about the people that got it early?

joh1ny said:

October 17th, 12:27 pm

dome je veux le demo ca serais la mouindre des chose

Keeng said:

October 17th, 12:27 pm

Sigh…I hate religion. I do understand the position Sony’s in though so I really can’t even get mad. A week+ on top of the year we’ve waited already isn’t that big a deal.

Money1 said:

October 17th, 12:27 pm

Legal issue…i think sony means seperation of powers

LiquidSun said:

October 17th, 12:27 pm

WTF! numbers keep changing.

donald212066 said:

October 17th, 12:28 pm

so bassicly the stores already have them but they can’t release them the store I work at get all there shipments in on fridays that usaully go out on tuesdays you know all the new movies, music, and games so just bribe somebody in the store LOL good luck

joh1ny said:

October 17th, 12:28 pm

demo donner nous le demo

darkpowrjd said:

October 17th, 12:28 pm

God, stop whining and GET A FRIGGIN’ GRIP!

You very same people have put up with other delays. Hell, how many of you same people b!tched about Wipeout HD being delayed because of the epilepsy test failing? There was alot, but Sony did the right thing and made sure there was little to no chance of health issues from the game, and Wipeout got better because of it (they added trophies and that), so much so that you’d think that the epilepsy thing was overblown or a cover to not let the press in on what they reallty wanted to add.

Same here. This could be a good time for Sony to add one more thing to make the deal THAT much sweeter. Plus, there could’ve been another issue about a bug that came to their attention that I was hearing about that the extra week could very well be for, as well.

Seriously, just RELAX! All this sudden jump on the “hate Sony” bandwagon because you have to wait ONE MORE WEEK for something is making me question the wisdom of some of you. Yeah, the reason sucks and it may have not been necessary, but look what we got in return for waiting for Wipeout because it failed that test, and look how long we COULD’VE been waiting because of this.

Please, while the reason isn’t something we would agree with, the way all of you are acting over this is even MORE offending. THE WORLD IS STILL TURNING, AND THE GAME IS STILL COMING OUT!! SO FREAKING CHILL THE HELL OUT ALREADY!!

joh1ny said:

October 17th, 12:29 pm

je veux le demo sure ps store

guitain said:

October 17th, 12:29 pm

It has come to our attention, that a patch was not possible. (Video_Cognito, thanks for enlightening us ^^)

But if Sony sent out a disclaimer to the stores, a lot of people would be aware of the situation. Mostly the casual gamers, who probably aren’t aware of the situation. And they will most likely wait a bit, to play their game, and live on with their peaceful lives, without knowing LBP ever offended muslims.

And to all of you stating out, that you hate religion. How about you grow some balls? Instead of blaming everything on religion, and living on happily in your atheist lives, what about acknowledging the great things religion can do for people. And remember science is religion, and religion is science.

@100(Seanscythe2). “You do know in america this isn’t seen as offending to anyone here”

I’ll bet you, that there are quite a few people being offended by it. I don’t live in USA, but I do know that it’s quite a large country, and that muslims actually exist in your country(It’s true. They do!).

I personally live in Denmark, a country you may know for the Muhammed-crisis. Well, that didn’t turn out with cries out for: “Way to go Denmark for defending freedom of speech”. A lot of our export got cut off in Islamic countries. So, what I’m trying to get at is that freedom of speech shouldn’t just be used, because it can. It must have a meaning behind it. And I don’t see this quotation having any meaning behind it. But do correct me, if I’m wrong ^^

So I think it’s a fine solution Sony.

Nero25(comment nr. 95) says that it comes out in Europe October 31st. Is that correct?

amante said:

October 17th, 12:29 pm

@258

No, there is no law that keep Sony from releasing this. You couldn’t be more correct. But that doesn’t mean they still can’t get sued. I again use the RockStar example and GTA. Just because there is no law against it doesn’t mean it can’t come back to bite Sony in the a**.

Yslaire said:

October 17th, 12:29 pm

So, can someone explain to me why this song can be freely purchased on iTunes (no lawsuit at all occured) BUT must be banned from LPB??

Besides, that’s a very beautifull song. : /

joh1ny said:

October 17th, 12:30 pm

demo on ps store plz

K said:

October 17th, 12:30 pm

@273

Yeah, moderation. Oh well..

chronotic said:

October 17th, 12:30 pm

Thanks for the update, Patrick. Having a blast with Dead Space, and Eternal Sonata will certainly take up a good chunk of my time!

Deviation said:

October 17th, 12:30 pm

@272: If you actually think that science is a religion, you are a complete idiot.

K said: