Far Cry 4

PSP (PlayStation Portable) v5.01 Update

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Oct 21, 2008 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

PSP firmware update 5.00 added direct access to the PlayStation Store, and we’ve since found an issue related to larger-capacity Memory Stick PRO Duos, which we’ll be addressing with a new update (5.01). When downloading content from the Store to a PSP with an 8 GB or 16 GB Memory Stick Duo media inserted, you may see a message indicating that the media does not have enough free space, even when sufficient space exists. Update 5.01 resolves this issue and will be coming soon.

117 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Darkemist on October 22nd, 2008 at 12:48 pm said:

PSN Friendslist on my PSP would mean I would never put it down!!!!

+ Sean McGeezer on October 22nd, 2008 at 12:53 pm said:

I mentioned having this problem earlier, but it was on a 1gb memstick, so hopefully this fixes that too, thanks

+ APVangeliLHS on October 22nd, 2008 at 1:06 pm said:

You can actually have a 32 gb memory stick I believe, if you get the dual micro-sd to memory stick adapter, and two sub-$100 16gb micro sd cards, then you have a not that expensive 32gb memory stick. It is expensive, but not is you were to buy two 16gb memory sticks, and it is convenient.

Heres the dual micro sd to memory stick adapter:

And heres the sub-$100 micro sd:

That’s a pretty good priced 32gb psp, it costs a lot less than, for example, a 32gb media player, like the ipod touch or that creative zen.

I might do that.

+ Sig-gotyouth on October 22nd, 2008 at 1:47 pm said:

Please fix one feature that is broken on the PS3. It seems small but does effect my overall entertainment experience. Since the latest PS3 firmware update when I watch a video on my HDD or via a DLNA server I cant bring up the XMB to check my messages or view the rest of my library without pausing the content I am viewing. Before it was uninterupted with the XMB able to be browsed over my content. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS. It’s Driving Me Mad!!!!!!!!

+ sparkyguy10 on October 22nd, 2008 at 3:16 pm said:

I wonder if they can add something like yahoo messenger to the next update

+ sparkyguy10 on October 22nd, 2008 at 3:19 pm said:

or something that lets you connect to you wireless computer so you don’t need a USB cable

+ sparkyguy10 on October 22nd, 2008 at 3:21 pm said:

I ment to say from your computer to your PSP

+ DTX on October 22nd, 2008 at 10:14 pm said:

Finally got it going, thanks Eric!

+ VenomJL76 on October 23rd, 2008 at 8:26 am said:

How about updating the browser? doesn’t do any good online when something like 90 percent of sites don’t recognize older browsers. also who do i have to ask to get some more good PS1 titles converted ?

+ BigBossX on October 23rd, 2008 at 3:36 pm said:

It happens with a 2GB too.

+ dariena on October 25th, 2008 at 6:05 am said:

Eric all the constant updating to the PSP is great… but why for the love of god in the year 2008 is the PSP still restricted to wireless b only?!?!?

+ livrobo on October 27th, 2008 at 2:31 pm said:

I was kind of hoping that the firmware 500 wood have an ad hoc messinger.
But the psn is still good.

+ sparkyguy10 on October 27th, 2008 at 5:53 pm said:

kinda like I said

+ sparkyguy10 on October 27th, 2008 at 5:59 pm said:

you know they do have I-fi it is a wireless DS card it downloads any file on it to your network

+ sparkyguy10 on October 28th, 2008 at 5:48 pm said:

do you think you can make something like a USB network adapter that works as a router and works for PS3,PSP

+ sparkyguy10 on October 28th, 2008 at 5:50 pm said:

or something that tells you there is a new update for PSP,PS3 like a popup that tells you

+ PocketGoddess on November 5th, 2008 at 12:21 pm said:

Has anyone else had a problem with the latest firmware breaking import games? The latest DJ Portable Max won’t play on my PSP 2000 w/ firmware 5.01, but WILL play on a PSP 2000 with 4.05 firmware!

PAGE 1 2 3