PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

A Very Special Message from David Hasselhoff

David Hasselhoff's Avatar + Posted by David Hasselhoff on Oct 22, 2008 // "The Hoff"

Hello everyone, it’s your friendly neighborhood David Hasselhoff here. I know you’re probably wondering “What in the KITT am I doing on the PS Blog?” right? Well…settle down…settle down! I’m here to let you know straight from the Hoff’s mouth – I’m coming to PAIN! And it hurts so good! Don’t believe me, PEOPLE Magazine just broke the story and I’m talking about it on my blog.

Hasselhoff in Pain

What am I doing in PAIN you ask? It’s the Movie Studio! What’s a movie studio without The Hoff? You can now put The Hoff into a launcher and fling me into harm’s way – exploding crates, cars, people – everything is fair game. And best of all, you’ll never even put a scratch on this mug of mine!

When I was first approached about PAIN, I really didn’t know what to think. I mean, it’s great to think that someone would want to put me in a game, but THIS game is all about flinging people into walls, smashing them into cars, and spanking monkeys. While I wholeheartedly approve of the monkey spanking, I wasn’t too sure about the rest of the game. When I finally got my hands on PAIN though, everything changed, and I “got it”. If anybody can understand silly fun, it’s me.

Hasselhoff in Pain

I am a man of many emotions so when you throw me around the Movie Studio, I need to express myself. What better way than in song! So to commemorate my invasion onto the PS3, I made a cover song of Culture Club’s “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me” exclusively for PAIN. I’m really happy with the way the track turned out. We definitely brought something new to such a classic, well-known tune, and when you hear it, you’re going to like it. Sure, you know David Hasselhoff, but this song is like nothing I’ve done before.

Hasselhoff in Pain

So, after a lot of hard work by a bunch of talented people, Hoff Day is coming on Nov. 6! I’ve got the keys to the Movie Studio … who wants in? After all, do you REALLY want to hurt me? Wait….don’t answer that. Just go download The Hoff and play PAIN!

+ Liddokun on October 22nd, 2008 at 5:13 pm said:

Dear Sony, i hate you. Always finding new ways to make me spontaneously give you my money. Is there a secret to that? RSVP, as i could use it too XD

P.S. any more of my heroes from when i was a kid are coming? I watched on a regular basis Hazzard and Mc. Guyver, too… erm, that was a subtle request, lol.

+ u_nick on October 22nd, 2008 at 5:18 pm said:

A win of epic proportions. You guys really do rule. Hoff too!

+ nmc75 on October 22nd, 2008 at 5:20 pm said:

To the Hoffman, I’ve been a fan of yours and KITT since the “original” Knight Rider. I’m sure I can speak for many here that Knight Rider and video games go hand in hand as far as great memories go in the 80′s. Glad to know that you have a great sense of humor about this to lend your visage to the world of PAIN!

+ erico316 on October 22nd, 2008 at 5:27 pm said:

@twilliams what about getting mcain and obama in its lol im tired of hearing their lies about what they plan on doing when they get into office.

David Hasselhoff's Avatar

+ twilliams on October 22nd, 2008 at 9:10 pm said:

Honestly, I tried to make this happen. No dice. I wanted to do them all but alas my powers are not that strong.

+ schwaa on October 22nd, 2008 at 5:29 pm said:

Awesome! I’m totally buying this!

+ Toddy2Hotty on October 22nd, 2008 at 5:32 pm said:

I am at a complete loss for words
hehehe

+ railenmiles on October 22nd, 2008 at 5:35 pm said:

Yeah, getting chuck norris is a good idea.

Anyhoo, fun stuff from The HOFF!

+ brentos on October 22nd, 2008 at 5:43 pm said:

The German PSN will explode!!!!!

+ Torgo on October 22nd, 2008 at 5:46 pm said:

This has got to be the coolest thing to ever happen to Pain, now all we need is Kitt to be one of the cars that drives around.

+ Locster60 on October 22nd, 2008 at 5:51 pm said:

Wow I love old school Night Rider… I never thought of buying this game but now I just might. Very cool and fun. LOL

+ Nitrowolf2 on October 22nd, 2008 at 5:55 pm said:

NICE!!! so did you comfirm on a pain charcter of you Travis or were you joking? any other character surprise coming soon?

+ Charliesdad on October 22nd, 2008 at 5:57 pm said:

Absolutely f-ing brilliant!

+ libregkd_117 on October 22nd, 2008 at 5:57 pm said:

Now there’s a character worth buying.

+ MidnightBlues on October 22nd, 2008 at 5:59 pm said:

lol this is just too much.

in a good way

+ ANTHONY163 on October 22nd, 2008 at 6:00 pm said:

wowowowowowowow this is going to be so much fun hahahahaha lolololol the hoff always kick A**

+ Nitrowolf2 on October 22nd, 2008 at 6:00 pm said:

You there Huff?

+ Nitrowolf2 on October 22nd, 2008 at 6:01 pm said:

Woops Ment Hoff

+ RustInPeace13 on October 22nd, 2008 at 6:13 pm said:

Travis, you just made one of the funniest, yet also slightly curisng, aspects in a game. Now the Hoff is justified in what he said when he rode down the road on his motorcycle in Kickin’ It Old School —- “I’M GONNA LIVE FOREVER!”

Seriously, Great Job! <—(Tim and Eric reference)

+ EViD on October 22nd, 2008 at 6:14 pm said:

Wow. I can’t wait.

+ RustInPeace13 on October 22nd, 2008 at 6:14 pm said:

*cursing

+ TheGuardian1973 on October 22nd, 2008 at 6:16 pm said:

LOL THIS IS AWESOME, I’M A HUGE FAN OF THE OLD AND THE NEW KNIGHT RIDER SERIES!!! THIS IS SO ODD, BUT IT’S GREAT, THE HOFF ROCKS LOL, I NEED A LIFE!!! :P :D

+ Exodus_Lang on October 22nd, 2008 at 6:19 pm said:

This is hilarious!

and Travis, thank you for posting on here. I love seeing developers interacting with the gamers themselves!

+ MidgetguyII on October 22nd, 2008 at 6:21 pm said:

HOLY $#!%! THIS IS… HILARIOUS!!!!

lol

As soon as I heard about how he sings a cover of “do you really want to hurt me?” I cracked up laughing!

lol One question though, would we be able to download the song from the Playstation Store, just like we could for the Pain theme song?

You guys are great! Keep up the AMAZING support for this AMAZING game!

+ aiphanes on October 22nd, 2008 at 6:22 pm said:

Travis this is awesome! How about getting some more women…like
Paris Hilton
Britney Spears
Jessica Simpson
Megan Fox
Amy Winehouse

Some more dudes….like
Chris Rock
Martin Lawrence
Dave Chapelle
Nick Hogan
Tom Cruise

+ meepmoopmeep on October 22nd, 2008 at 6:28 pm said:

hahahaha, this is simply outer worldy, Sony.

can’t wait to get the Hoff

+ Stoffinator on October 22nd, 2008 at 6:42 pm said:

Can we have KITT to fling as well? lol

+ AceStrike on October 22nd, 2008 at 6:43 pm said:

My god, THE HOFF. I might buy this game now…

+ Theossie on October 22nd, 2008 at 6:43 pm said:

This is crazy.. nice stuff!!

@17 PEE WEE in PAIN would be hilarious…

+ TLSBill on October 22nd, 2008 at 6:50 pm said:

Ok.. This is gonna get me playing this game again. Mind = Blown X2 this is a bizzare kinda coup for you guys. Congratulations.

Hoff, you continue to amaze.. Thx for never taking yourself too seriously!

+ Jeigh on October 22nd, 2008 at 6:52 pm said:

Well, yes, it is pretty cool that we got the Hoff coming, but… well, I don’t really want to hurt him… :P

I mean, I could get a whole new level of enjoyment out of this game if I could fling say, oh, Bush (or someone who looks and sounds remarkably similar to him). Any chance we could make something like that happen? Or maybe just someone who plays a super evil character in a show or movie or something.

Just a thought.

+ mike223 on October 22nd, 2008 at 6:53 pm said:

if you got hanna montana in this game i will but 5 copys of this game on 5 different accounts

+ saintfighteraqua on October 22nd, 2008 at 6:57 pm said:

Very weird, but interesting.
There are many others taht we would love to see that might come cheap (no offense Mr. Hasselhoff)
Mr. T….Randy Savage…
Chuck Norris

+ Zezzler on October 22nd, 2008 at 7:05 pm said:

YES! The Hoff, all right!!!…
I know you said that you tried to get Chuck Norris, but what did he say? and Bush too? Did they say something like, “I don’t want to be humiliated?”, or “That would be great, but”…
I REALLY hope Mr. Texas Walker Ranger makes the right decition eventually.
Can’t wait for The Hoff! and Movie studio!

+ fed315 on October 22nd, 2008 at 7:05 pm said:

Nice job Travis cant wait where his side kit pamala aderson and her big peep

+ sublimentality on October 22nd, 2008 at 7:07 pm said:

@75

What a horrible list of possible characters! Lame. Gotta be a bit more creative. The Hoff on the otherhand is a great choice for this game, put him in with your list and he clearly wouldnt fit.

I was thinking more along the lines like a buffed out Schwarzenegger or Sty. A Pam Anderson wouldnt be bound since there seems to be no bounds with how large they can make their chest areas with animation. Bigger the better imo. Other than that id like to see more cult favorite celebrities that fit the game rather than just riched spoiled hollywood girls and crazy fanatic actors like Paris Hilton and Tom Cruise. Put them in the game and im likely to stop playing ever again. We dont need to give them more money.

+ Liddokun on October 22nd, 2008 at 7:09 pm said:

Speaking of KITT…. this video is pretty funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmeu-ggeya0 it’s a short clip from Hayate the combat butler. They also refer to Initial D and Dragonball, lol.

+ stlthriot on October 22nd, 2008 at 7:10 pm said:

So is Nov. 6th the day the Movie Studio is available as well? Or just the Hasselhoff character?

+ lakaihigh on October 22nd, 2008 at 7:11 pm said:

“what in the KITT”!??! <<< I was thinking the same thing! this is pure awesome. way to collaborate guys and great attitude Dave. you are the man indeed Mr. Hoff, props is given when props is due.

peace,
Lh

+ KoD7085 on October 22nd, 2008 at 7:25 pm said:

LOL, The Hoff in PAIN. Awesome :D.

+ joostin on October 22nd, 2008 at 7:29 pm said:

Travis! I love seeing your posts here! PAIN is by far the best PSN purchase I have made and I have Warhawk, PJ: Monsters, MK, HVB…tons of games.

Thanks for the continued support! I will be getty the Hoff and making him hurt so good.

Peas

+ Clinton514 on October 22nd, 2008 at 7:35 pm said:

Double U Tee EFF!?

This is like a weird dream. HOFF Day is now on my calender.

+ ChocoDK on October 22nd, 2008 at 7:58 pm said:

Nice update and thanks for announcing a release date. Only thing that sucks kind of is that Resistance 2 comes out two days before this update. But I’ll be sure to download the Movie Studio.

One question though you said Buzz was free with the Movie Studio when you unlocked enough points. Will Hoff be a DLC character?

On a side note thanks once again Travis and to your team for your hard work and really starting to update PAIN quickly now.

+ 40cal on October 22nd, 2008 at 8:11 pm said:

Nice. :)

+ hasselhoff_sucks on October 22nd, 2008 at 8:13 pm said:

BOOOOOOO!!! HOFF sucks

+ Spectrace on October 22nd, 2008 at 8:14 pm said:

David Hasslehoff, thats awesome.

Knight Rider is the [DELETED]! I like the new one more, since I’m a Ford Mustang fan. :) that Shelby GT500KR is amazing.

+ X1rtam on October 22nd, 2008 at 8:27 pm said:

Haha first we get a post from Tanner Foust and now one from The Hoff… Pretty cool! It’ll be just around the time that I’ll have a few minutes free after a few days straight of playing LBP. After that much adorability (New word!) you need something like this to bring you back to reality! :D

+ JumperPrime on October 22nd, 2008 at 8:30 pm said:

Are there any Knight Rider references in The Hoff’s dialogue? For instance, when laying on the ground after coming to a stop after using up all his momentum, might he say “Where are you, buddy?” or yelling “KITT! Open the sunroof!” while soaring through the air in one of his poses, a reference to him expecting KITT to be waiting at his landing point for a soft landing, as happened many times over the course of the original serie. Or maybe another pose could have him say “This is better than Turbo Boost!”

+ tearsofash on October 22nd, 2008 at 8:33 pm said:

I think I just tripped on my jaw, why was it on the floor like that?!

+ BiezulbubBill69 on October 22nd, 2008 at 8:33 pm said:

THAT IS ****ING AWESOME.

I am so getting this game now. =)