PS4 - Destiny

A Very Special Message from David Hasselhoff

David Hasselhoff's Avatar + Posted by David Hasselhoff on Oct 22, 2008 // "The Hoff"

Hello everyone, it’s your friendly neighborhood David Hasselhoff here. I know you’re probably wondering “What in the KITT am I doing on the PS Blog?” right? Well…settle down…settle down! I’m here to let you know straight from the Hoff’s mouth – I’m coming to PAIN! And it hurts so good! Don’t believe me, PEOPLE Magazine just broke the story and I’m talking about it on my blog.

Hasselhoff in Pain

What am I doing in PAIN you ask? It’s the Movie Studio! What’s a movie studio without The Hoff? You can now put The Hoff into a launcher and fling me into harm’s way – exploding crates, cars, people – everything is fair game. And best of all, you’ll never even put a scratch on this mug of mine!

When I was first approached about PAIN, I really didn’t know what to think. I mean, it’s great to think that someone would want to put me in a game, but THIS game is all about flinging people into walls, smashing them into cars, and spanking monkeys. While I wholeheartedly approve of the monkey spanking, I wasn’t too sure about the rest of the game. When I finally got my hands on PAIN though, everything changed, and I “got it”. If anybody can understand silly fun, it’s me.

Hasselhoff in Pain

I am a man of many emotions so when you throw me around the Movie Studio, I need to express myself. What better way than in song! So to commemorate my invasion onto the PS3, I made a cover song of Culture Club’s “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me” exclusively for PAIN. I’m really happy with the way the track turned out. We definitely brought something new to such a classic, well-known tune, and when you hear it, you’re going to like it. Sure, you know David Hasselhoff, but this song is like nothing I’ve done before.

Hasselhoff in Pain

So, after a lot of hard work by a bunch of talented people, Hoff Day is coming on Nov. 6! I’ve got the keys to the Movie Studio … who wants in? After all, do you REALLY want to hurt me? Wait….don’t answer that. Just go download The Hoff and play PAIN!

+ Toast on October 22nd, 2008 at 8:37 pm said:

lol that’s sweet =D

+ Kindergamer on October 22nd, 2008 at 8:38 pm said:

I remember you from Baywatch. Does that say much?

+ shaneosan on October 22nd, 2008 at 8:39 pm said:

I have a whole new respect for the man now.

+ chip5541 on October 22nd, 2008 at 8:39 pm said:

You can’t have the Hoff without Pam Anderson, Gary Coleman, or Spongbob ;)

Too bad no Bruce Campbell in the upcoming movie level.

+ Voozi on October 22nd, 2008 at 8:45 pm said:

How about Rick Astelly?

Oh and try to get Chuck Norris again! lol

————–

Should also go for Sony reps in there

Jack Tretton
Kaz Hirai
You
Jeff Rubenstein
Grace Chen
etc
etc

Oh how about Bill Gates? ;D

+ warezIbanez on October 22nd, 2008 at 8:47 pm said:

I’m not sure Chuck Norris would be technically playable in the game: either the slingshot would be flung back by just touching him, or the entire game world would implode after Chuck Norris’ head of awesomeness hit the ground.

+ FritoZ on October 22nd, 2008 at 8:50 pm said:

bwahahahahahaha

America’s Got Issues!

i’m pretty sure my girlfriend will be buying teh hoff..

btw i meant to spell it “teh”

lol

+ Broken Haiku on October 22nd, 2008 at 9:09 pm said:

Paying to slap The Hoff around? I’m sold! Will there be an unlockable drunk version? :^).

+ EricDC on October 22nd, 2008 at 9:14 pm said:

Thanks Hoff!

David Hasselhoff's Avatar

+ Travis Williams on October 22nd, 2008 at 9:14 pm said:

@Everyone: Yes the Studio is coming out on the 6th of November and I am in the process of getting more victims to toss. I posted on the Blog before and asked everyone who they wanted to toss. Celebs and Video Game Characters were the top votes so we are making good on promises to give you what you want.

+ cb_32 on October 22nd, 2008 at 9:18 pm said:

Wow, put the man in a movie already.

+ tdh on October 22nd, 2008 at 9:21 pm said:

How about Jackie Chan? But Chuck Norris would be pretty much the best thing ever!

I mean c’mon!! # Chuck Norris counted to infinity – twice. And when the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

Who brings more PAIN than Chuck Norris?

(For hours of fun: http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/)

+ lostprophetpr on October 22nd, 2008 at 9:23 pm said:

now we have “The Hoff” next up The Governator

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on October 22nd, 2008 at 9:24 pm said:

I’m offended by the idea of paying to own a likeness of David Hasslehoff. Please pull this game.

+ bigshynepo on October 22nd, 2008 at 9:44 pm said:

The Hoff, Unbelievable! I haven’t read the blog all day and this is what I come home too?! Hilarious! Travis, David, you and the rest of the crew have outdone yourselves!

+ MiiAmigo on October 22nd, 2008 at 9:52 pm said:

Sweet! I get to toss the Huff around the Pain universe.

+ Squall2600 on October 22nd, 2008 at 10:12 pm said:

The Hoff!!

we need ozzy osbourne

+ TheVesra on October 22nd, 2008 at 10:24 pm said:

pee wee herman would be great
jerry lewis
ronald reagan
barbara bush
Mr. Rogers
MushMouth (from fat albert)
John Stewart
Steven Colbert
Harold and/or Kumar
rick flair (wrestlers would be fun to fling)
Abe (from the Odd World series, he was made for this game)
Joe Bob Briggs
Magic Johnson or Dennis Rodman or OJ Simpson
Homer Sipmson
Peter Griffin
Monkey D Luffy (love the one piece)
i could sit here thinking forever, but it’s bed time. Hoffster is win!! Pee Wee would be a bigger Win!?!

David Hasselhoff's Avatar

+ twilliams on October 23rd, 2008 at 7:42 am said:

Mush mouth?! Hahaha I love it.

+ Ghost_Shrimp on October 22nd, 2008 at 10:49 pm said:

Haha, this is great news.

I bet William Shatner would be pretty easy to enlist into PAIN? Seriously, you should try him if you haven’t already.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on October 22nd, 2008 at 11:08 pm said:

Shatner is a GREAT idea.

+ HoefMeistert on October 22nd, 2008 at 11:18 pm said:

The movie is on “The Hoff’s” blog : http://www.hasselhoff.com/blog/

It’s cool :)

+ spyBUDDHA on October 22nd, 2008 at 11:48 pm said:

This is really good news! I love PAIN no matter how bare-boned of a game some claim it to be. The game is what you make it. Thanks!

+ Blacklit on October 23rd, 2008 at 12:03 am said:

lol thats tite

+ Onna76_NL on October 23rd, 2008 at 1:20 am said:

I’m so gonna have a lot of fun with Mr. Hasslehoff *teehee* :-D

+ Musiol on October 23rd, 2008 at 1:29 am said:

What do you think to add Borat or Ali G (Sacha Baron Cohen)? That would be great idea!

+ VashNL on October 23rd, 2008 at 2:20 am said:

I’d love to see Stephen Colbert in the game, I’m sure he’s up for it. I mean, the guy is a big nerd with his song in Guitar Hero and himself running for president in the Marvel universe.

I’m sure he loves it!

+ Herby on October 23rd, 2008 at 2:47 am said:

Very Funny? I have to hear that cover. You have to make the song a download, please.

+ MAX_PAYNE on October 23rd, 2008 at 3:10 am said:

Get us Jeremy Clarkson!

+ nemo20000 on October 23rd, 2008 at 3:19 am said:

LOL! Sold.

++William Shatner – “I’m boldly going!”; “Beat me up, Spotty!”; “I’ve… ripped… my… shirt… again”

+ GeminiBoy on October 23rd, 2008 at 3:28 am said:

I think Richard Simmons would be VERY funny.

+ Viper7 on October 23rd, 2008 at 3:35 am said:

Gotta respect the way Hoff takes these things with humour rather than getting pissed. This is how you turn jokes about yourself in to positive reputation.

Chuck Norris would be too good, he would literaly tear the town a part killing any1 in his way while scoring so much points that even our small minds can comprehend.

+ Apnomis on October 23rd, 2008 at 3:42 am said:

This is great, getting the Hoff to endorse the game is a PR masterstroke!!!

I never got PAIN at release but I’m tempted after seeing all the additional development that has gone into it. Any idea if there’ll be a bundle price containing the original game and the 2 expansions?

Does the Hoff actually voice the character I take it? Is the song background music or does the character sing it as he’s flying? How many phrases does he have, if any?

I’d love to see Mr T in the game, I can see it now – “I petty the fool that fires me from a slingshot!”

+ MK24ever on October 23rd, 2008 at 4:06 am said:

This was a nice move from you guys, nicely done.

+ HaVoK_08 on October 23rd, 2008 at 4:47 am said:

Guys one word……

Cartman!

Beavis and Butt-Head would also be hilarious!

David Hasselhoff's Avatar

+ twilliams on October 23rd, 2008 at 7:46 am said:

I do a MEAN Carman impression.

+ DryvBy on October 23rd, 2008 at 5:26 am said:

This is awesome news. I saw we tried to get Bush, but can we get that communist Obama to shoot also? At least on election night, when ACORN throws him in office via the Mickey Mouse vote, I can hurl him from a sling right into the subway.

+ Andronix on October 23rd, 2008 at 5:27 am said:

This is a crazy idea – and I love it!
The Hoff has a great sense of humour.

Will we also here his voice samples when he hits things?

What about Mr T?
William Shatner?
Darth Vader?

+ zeke2040 on October 23rd, 2008 at 5:51 am said:

the buzz quiz tv guy and hasselhoff is a great addition, but when will the sackboy be pickable for pain? that will be a massive great DLC or secret character get in the ingame?

+ Carl on October 23rd, 2008 at 5:55 am said:

LOL that is seriously awesome.

I love you guys.

+ yankeegod on October 23rd, 2008 at 5:58 am said:

Hey great news guys looking forward to the next installament already and the new characters. Unlike some I bought this from the start and glad to see you are all hard at work support it you guys do an amazing job keep it up and looking forward to what you have planned next.

+ wavesln on October 23rd, 2008 at 5:59 am said:

LOL. Priceless.

+ Carl on October 23rd, 2008 at 6:01 am said:

“While I wholeheartedly approve of the monkey spanking, I wasn’t too sure about the rest of the game”

That seriously made me laugh my head off

+ hunter316 on October 23rd, 2008 at 6:47 am said:

awesome job

+ Evildude on October 23rd, 2008 at 6:54 am said:

OMG what’s next Hugh Hefner? lol

+ spats on October 23rd, 2008 at 6:59 am said:

Wow.

*bows down in reverence*

+ enjoi on October 23rd, 2008 at 6:59 am said:

Oh, please have the “horse” game available in the new level. My roommate and I thoroughly despise the horse-esque version released in abusement park. All we do is play Horse in paindemonium, please oh please don’t let us down again.

+ toombzie on October 23rd, 2008 at 7:01 am said:

if you get Sarah Palin and John McCain i’ll buy this game.

+ guitain on October 23rd, 2008 at 7:03 am said:

Shatner would be awesome! Bob Saget perhaps as well?

But way to go, Hoff! Looking forward to spank some monkeys with you. *pun intended* (How can you not intend a pun, when commenting this game? =P)

Sackboy vs. David H. in a bowling fight? I’m not sure who would win…

Any news on sackboys arrival? ^^

+ Enforcer_X on October 23rd, 2008 at 7:24 am said:

Sucks you cannot just be like the paparazzi and use celebs images if they like it or not!

I would love to toss the political figures around PAIN!

I agree with getting you in the game Travis! Let us also expand that and get the PS Blog crew in PAIN so we can toss around Eric Lempel for firmware updates and Jeff for fun!

As far as video game characters go, can we get Helghast, Kratos and Sackboy?

The Hoff rocks!

Keep up the great work!
Thanks!

+ Scodo_Thope on October 23rd, 2008 at 7:33 am said:

I need an Barack Hussein Obama PAIN!

QUICK! QUICK!

:P

David Hasselhoff's Avatar

+ Travis Williams on October 23rd, 2008 at 7:45 am said:

Yes it’s really David singing in the trailer and it’s REALLY him voicing his character. We had a TON of fun working with him. He’s honestly one of the most awesome celebs I have ever worked with.

And I tried to get some political figures and I got shot down. It was a valiant effort though.