Driveclub

Grand Theft Auto IV PS 3 Trophies this Monday

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Oct 24, 2008 // Sr. Social Media Manager

You’ve probably already heard the news: this coming Monday, October 27th, there will be an update made available on the PlayStation Network to unlock the entire Trophy system for Grand Theft Auto IV on PLAYSTATION 3.

Rockstar Games asked that I share a bit more info with you.

Make sure to download and install the update before playing in order to start attaining Trophies. There will be 51 total trophies, broken down by four different levels: bronze, silver, gold and platinum – all contributing to your overall experience level on your PlayStation Network profile.

Among the 51 trophies to be released Monday, look for:

One Man Army

One Man Army – only those that are wily enough to survive a 6-star wanted level for a full 5 minutes will be rewarded with this one.

Dare Devil

Dare Devil – an award for those who find and execute all of the Unique Stunt Jumps throughout Liberty City.

Chain Reaction

Chain Reaction – an Achievement for those who can pull off blowing up 10 vehicles in 10 seconds or less.

Liberty City Minute

Liberty City Minute – for those that have completed the game story in less than 30 hours. As the Social Club’s Story Club leaderboard can attest, this is not an easy feat.

Look for detailed information on all 51 trophies to be revealed at www.rockstargames.com/IV/multiplayer this Monday when the PLAYSTATION Network update goes live.

See you back on the streets of Liberty City this Monday!

99 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ Pesico on October 24th, 2008 at 4:17 pm said:

This is great, alltough no surprise as the trophylist has been revealed for some time now. Anyway, busy days going forward now. Just finished Bioshock for the first time (still have some trophies to do), then it’s Dead Space, Far Cry 2, LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2 and the list goes on. Just wanted to say it’s a great time to be a gamer now.

+ Ghostm on October 24th, 2008 at 4:27 pm said:

Finally one of the emails I sent to a developer actually had an impact. =) Now if only Konami read my emails.

+ Jayceon_Kidd on October 24th, 2008 at 4:39 pm said:

The Darkness would be awesome and probably not that hard because it had about 50 in game achievements

+ poisonedsodapop on October 24th, 2008 at 4:40 pm said:

Well this will be fine seeing as I haven’t beaten the game. However I’ll be busy with LBP for awhile before I make it back around to GTAIV.

+ Carl on October 24th, 2008 at 4:48 pm said:

Nice. So i have to get Bioshock dinished this weekend, then i have a couple of weeks to get GTAIV finished. Woo :)

+ Ghostm on October 24th, 2008 at 4:51 pm said:

I just emailed 2K Sports about NBA 2K9 Trophy support. Hopefully someone will hear me out.

IGN Review Scores:

NBA 2K9 8.5/10
NBA 09: The Inside 6.5/10
NBA Live 09 6.5/10

+ SFJAGS on October 24th, 2008 at 4:53 pm said:

I guess I will have to start the game all over again… PLEASE, add a “custom music” station. Listening to the same music over and over again gets kind of boring.

+ hijaker77 on October 24th, 2008 at 4:56 pm said:

Wooooooo Hoooooo :) but its not retroactive :(

+ hijaker77 on October 24th, 2008 at 4:58 pm said:

Is Xbox 360 version of the game getting exclusive downloadable content?

+ ChefOo7 on October 24th, 2008 at 4:59 pm said:

@ Nitrowolf2, JamesL007

As far as the 360 version is concerned, whenever my brother would use a cheat (i.e. health/ammo), a pop-up message would appear stating that certain achievements have become disabled.

I guess it’s safe to say that this patch will prolly do the same for the PS3 version. otherwise, all the hard work for trophy hunting would be for nothing if i can get’em quick with cheats, right? :)

/two cents.

+ titusf on October 24th, 2008 at 5:12 pm said:

What other things will this patch feature besides just trophies? Will there be in-game music and/or will there be glitch fixes?

+ maddskillsz on October 24th, 2008 at 5:45 pm said:

This is awesome. But my concern is will I have to start from the beginning of the game?

I also agreed with some of the posters that in-game xmb music support would be great.

+ bader on October 24th, 2008 at 6:19 pm said:

thanks.
but jeff please one more thing and we will all satisfied .
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 TROPHIES,
and thanks again .

+ ChocoDK on October 24th, 2008 at 6:23 pm said:

Thank you so much Rockstar for making a trophy patch for GTAIV. When trophies were announced this was the game I really wanted to see the trophies out on. Sadly I do wish it was this past Monday since I would’ve had time to go trophy hunting. But either way THANK YOU SO MUCH for actually supporting trophies and releasing this patch.

+ PirateThom on October 24th, 2008 at 6:24 pm said:

I think there’s only one game that I want trophies for.

Metal Gear Solid 4.

Most of the biggest releases this year are covered, apart from that (also need to put pressure on Bethesda for a Fallout 3 trophy patch).

I mean, I was shocked that Mercs 2 got a patch.

+ BZKlint on October 24th, 2008 at 6:54 pm said:

Sweet! :)

I’m glad I picked this game up last week now ;)

+ JeffFood on October 24th, 2008 at 6:59 pm said:

Every game should support trophies.

+ un-discovered on October 24th, 2008 at 7:12 pm said:

” Look for detailed information on all 51 trophies to be revealed at http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/multiplayer this Monday when the PLAYSTATION Network update goes live. ” PlayStation network update? say what…

+ 40cal on October 24th, 2008 at 7:36 pm said:

Good news, to bad I sold this game back to Game Stop a long time ago. :(

+ senjutsu_dav on October 24th, 2008 at 7:45 pm said:

“1 Lalosk | October 24th, 2008 at 11:20 am
awesome news”

Like he said! lol, I’ll play that again in the holidays then! :D

+ hehe1 on October 24th, 2008 at 9:44 pm said:

might have to go back to GTA 4 now

+ Kamahl on October 24th, 2008 at 10:16 pm said:

another reason to replay the game :)

+ DrBingogh on October 24th, 2008 at 10:32 pm said:

Awesome! I’ve been waiting to play through this masterpiece again after I go Hi-Def. ** grumbles about wife insisting on paying rent **

Now there’s even more reason to. Can’t wait to read all those text messages I missed on the first play through.

+ Shadow_Dancer on October 24th, 2008 at 10:48 pm said:

What if you’re in the middle of playing it and you accomplish some of the trophies after the patch? Will they count or do you have to start the game from the beginning. I really don’t want to have to play the game again. I’m already playing it again after losing my gamesave. I’m not gonna go back and do all those things again!

+ the_icon on October 25th, 2008 at 3:59 am said:

It would be an insult if MGS 4 does’t get patched.

+ Paranoimia on October 25th, 2008 at 5:22 am said:

Too late for me, I’m afraid. I haven’t touched the game since completing the Story mode, and really can’t be asked doing it all again for Trophies. It was fun, but not enough to go back to. I’ll be trading it in next week and putting the money towards something else… probably Far Cry 2.

+ Buddy175 on October 25th, 2008 at 6:06 am said:

Its good that rockstar supports their games even after release. I just got Midnight Club: Los Angeles which has been delayed a million times because rockstar had to add a million things to it like trophies. I think it was worth the what :)

+ HaVoK_08 on October 25th, 2008 at 8:38 am said:

i……hear them……again….the pigeons….must kill….pigeons….

lol it’s going to be fun going back to LC. Many people detest the fact they they will have to do everything all over again but i can’t wait :)

+ Darnell0216 on October 25th, 2008 at 10:52 am said:

When I heard the trophies were coming I stopped playing GTAIV because just looking at them you could tell that you would have to start over. They’re finally here and now I can get back into the game and finish it this time :).

+ chrisrhymz on October 25th, 2008 at 11:53 am said:

this is awesome news!

+ Mexico619 on October 25th, 2008 at 2:41 pm said:

man i was waiting for this! now i’m glad its finally going 2 come out! all they need is custom in-game music and i’ll be really happy

+ carfo624 on October 25th, 2008 at 3:30 pm said:

Awesome but WHY on a MONDAY? It would have been nice to play this on the weekend with trophies.

+ lionel_lilthug on October 25th, 2008 at 3:56 pm said:

you know they need to add that downloadable content to sony while they at it,,,sony only,,[DELETED] xbox

+ Quincho on October 25th, 2008 at 9:58 pm said:

Too bad they are not retroactive

Ill just beat the game again i think…
great game, and thaks for the news

+ GAMINGPRO on October 25th, 2008 at 11:55 pm said:

Can’t wait for this to come out man!

+ Masterofallz on October 26th, 2008 at 11:55 am said:

I love it how Microsoft tried to bribe rockstar $500,000 to not release trophies for PS3. And yet, they still did.
Thanks Rockstar! :D

+ jomacho on October 26th, 2008 at 3:02 pm said:

Online stats retroactive or not? It would be awful if those lv10 ppl couldn’t get the 2 level up trophies.

+ angel27 on October 26th, 2008 at 4:52 pm said:

about F…ing time

+ herb420 on October 26th, 2008 at 10:32 pm said:

Kudos on the trophy support, but I have to voice my discontent as well. I was never all that worried about trophies in the first place.

What I have been wanting from day one is custom soundtrack support. I can only listen to the supplied tunes so many times before I tire of them, and I reached that point long before I finished this game the first time. Please give the people what they want, and patch this awesome game one more time!!!

+ herb420 on October 26th, 2008 at 10:36 pm said:

Why is my comment awaiting moderation? I didn’t curse or anything.

+ AgentAnderson on October 26th, 2008 at 11:29 pm said:

I just downloaded the update/patch, and you need to start a new game to receive any trophies.

+ KEELAN on October 27th, 2008 at 1:16 am said:

DO NOT USE CHEATS!!!, AS SOON AS YOU USE CHEATS A MESSAGE APPEARS, AND IT SAYS THAT SUCH AND SUCH TROPHIES HAVE BEEN BLOCKED DUE TO CHEATS.
BELIEVE ME YOU DONT WANT TO HAVE TO RESTART TWICE
THANKS

+ Ad-Kemp on October 27th, 2008 at 7:58 am said:

Just got the patch

Hmm, San Andreas is definately a helluva lot more fun than this. Its really tedious an boring looking back at it. And your character (and indeed the player) is just treated like a complete [DELETED] for the first couple of hours. I’ve barely fired a shot so far, just back and forth doing tedious missions, keeping annoying characters happy by taking them bowling or stuffing there (usually) fat faces at some fast food outlet

I just wish that R* would have put in Custom Soundtracks, or utilised the mysterious new screenshot feature. I really dont like the GTA IV radio stations, none of the songs/stations have the appeal of what Radio X, Chatterbox, V Rock or WCTR. Please R* implement Custom Soundtracks in the next patch (if indeed you do one)

Ad-Kemp

+ Fplus on October 27th, 2008 at 2:59 pm said:

i got burnout and BioShock to finish plus BioShock’s new DLC trophies (visible in Trophy Comparison) seem much more worth my time than replaying GTAiv

+ Fplus on October 27th, 2008 at 3:01 pm said:

@ #93 Yeah 100%… If they can make OST’s work on limited PSP they can add two lines of code from sony in a simple update

+ ScrappyCocoa on October 27th, 2008 at 4:02 pm said:

Can’t wait….

+ Froggystyle_ on October 27th, 2008 at 5:36 pm said:

is anyone having a problem with there friends list while playing gta iv online, like when you bring up the phone and try to send invites the people on my friends list do not pop up on cell phone list. if you know a fix.. let me know thanks

+ jomacho on October 27th, 2008 at 10:12 pm said:

I have a problem, won already the 20 road tracks and didn’t get the Top the Midnight Club Trophy. A bug? Or am i missing something?

+ Kenshinhimurasz on October 28th, 2008 at 1:06 am said:

Aww man you have to start a new game to get the trophies… all the time spent playing GTA4 wasted well at least i know what to do when i play through it again, btw the online trophies are kind of hard to understand/ difficult.

+ xXFrostByteXx on November 1st, 2008 at 4:50 pm said: