Bloodborne

LittleBigPlanet: We’re Up, Online and Official!

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Oct 27, 2008 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

UPDATE: Pre-order codes are now activated and are able to be redeemed now!

Great news! Media Molecule has unveiled that the LittleBigPlanet servers are up and running and ready for the world to start posting new creations and levels. Click over to www.mediamolecule.com to see the original post.

In addition to this big news – due to popular demand, all the Online Beta levels will be transferred over to the network for everyone to enjoy.

earth

Finally, to those who’ve pre-ordered LBP in North America and are waiting to download Nariko or Kratos & company, this should all be ready by later tonight these are ready now! Click over to our LittleBigPlanet News Site for more updates when it goes live…

229 Comments   1 Reply

+ Snap on October 27th, 2008 at 4:06 pm said:

Laggy……….

+ EddyxMob on October 27th, 2008 at 4:10 pm said:

Awesome

+ hngrytgr on October 27th, 2008 at 4:23 pm said:

I still cannot connect to the servers. Is this an ongoing issue? If not what do I need to do to fix it?

+ Kilo720 on October 27th, 2008 at 4:27 pm said:

yay i got mine
goty for sure

+ xeno3d on October 27th, 2008 at 4:28 pm said:

@ JerkinsManaia13

Got the Kratos code, sent you a PSN request

+ chewjya on October 27th, 2008 at 4:31 pm said:

dam the servers are getting swamped

+ xeno3d on October 27th, 2008 at 4:34 pm said:

Servers are getting SLAMMED

+ prowlingfox on October 27th, 2008 at 4:39 pm said:

****.

+ jqtaxpayer on October 27th, 2008 at 4:48 pm said:

Ugh… not only is the online unplayable due to server lag, but because it’s connected even during single player play, THAT is freezing up and causing 15 minute loads for each level.

Let me put it this way: if I didn’t play this game for a couple of days before they activated the servers, I would have traded it in the same day. Does this stuff get tested before it goes live?

I guess I’ll be playing Rock Band 2 until this gets fixed.

+ IceCold on October 27th, 2008 at 4:50 pm said:

only the highest rated levels should have made it through…. Not all.

+ amante on October 27th, 2008 at 4:55 pm said:

Any one here get the Kratos code from Gamestop? How did they give it to you? I picked up my copy today (btw, AWESOME other than the lag caused by being online, kind of annoying and scary sometimes) but I didn’t realize til I got home that I was never given a code to unlock anything. Am I missing something here? Did they screw me? I have the receipt so I’m gonna go back if they messed up, just wanted to see in what way people received the code before I go make an ass of myself (or them). Thanks!

+ buzoen on October 27th, 2008 at 5:01 pm said:

Many thanks to Media Molecule for making a fantastic game! Here in Norway LittleBigPlanet has gotten top scores in every newssite. And i love how this game puts me in a good moode, and yet it can be challenging. Also thanks to Sony for making the best console, the Playstation 3! I just convinced my friend to pick up one the other day.

+ xeno3d on October 27th, 2008 at 5:07 pm said:

Okay, so the codes only work one time. Does anyone have an extra Nariko code?

+ Mososokruppe on October 27th, 2008 at 5:08 pm said:

Man….the lagginess and load times are ruining the game…

+ hngrytgr on October 27th, 2008 at 5:10 pm said:

haha it was better when i was not locking up. Now I am locking up instead of just failing to connect. I am imagining disabling my internet connection will make it where I can play at least single player again.

+ linebeginstoblur on October 27th, 2008 at 5:13 pm said:

As I’m sure other people have posted, I have had severe lagging, even to the point where the game hangs. And that’s just on single-player mode. Please tell me this can be patched so I’m not stuck with a broken game. Good thing I backed up my save data just in case it corrupts itself anytime soon…

+ Mososokruppe on October 27th, 2008 at 5:17 pm said:

My game has already frozen once. I’m sitting here reading the blog and commenting while I wait for one level to load up…

This sucks. The sad thing is that there are still a ton of people that don’t have their copies yet…imagine in a couple of days when they do. It’ll be even worse. I really and truly hope they fix this.

Also, under the News section it says that there are cool things to download at the PSN store…but there aren’t.

AND…are they going to make it easier to search for levels? The current method of just hunting through the chaff sucks.

Aaahhh, level finally loaded.

+ SiFeR on October 27th, 2008 at 5:19 pm said:

yesterday when the server was offline, the game works great and making level is fast! now that the server is online, making level using playstation-eye and doing the “undo” command takes forever to load. what is the deal?

+ Mososokruppe on October 27th, 2008 at 5:24 pm said:

Okay…it took me 3 minutes to download one level and it took me one minute to finish the level…

Now the levels are failing to download at all. So far I’ve been able to play ONE level online. This is ridiculous.

+ ChocoDK on October 27th, 2008 at 5:45 pm said:

I heard from a friend the servers were online but earlier tonight when I went onto LBP the servers were down. Weird and I wanted to publish my level.

+ Meancode on October 27th, 2008 at 5:56 pm said:

Amazing job with the servers guys. Really. Way to meet demand. I can’t wait until tomorrow when it is even *more* crowded. So far this is a farse online.

+ TRIX_BOL on October 27th, 2008 at 6:08 pm said:

Anybody with a extra Nariko costume code or don’t want your Naiko costume code and want to trade it for “Kratos, God of War stickers, Minotaur and Medusa” add me.

PSN ID: TRIX_BOL

I need Nariko costume code.

+ schwaa on October 27th, 2008 at 6:18 pm said:

OFF TOPIC:

New Killzone 2 trailer at PS3fanboy.com. Looks badass!

+ MidgetguyII on October 27th, 2008 at 6:29 pm said:

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!! I’ve been obsessing over it ever since the beta, and it’s even got to the point that I’m actually going to make an entire school project in a level in LBP, and let my teacher play it!!!! lol

This game’s possibilites literally are limitless! (beautiful!)

+ grimgard on October 27th, 2008 at 6:37 pm said:

Cool but my EB games and Best buy codes do not work :(

+ TRIX_BOL on October 27th, 2008 at 7:07 pm said:

@175 grimgard

Could i try Nariko costume code please?

Because you said none of them work for you. Let me see if they work for me.

+ indigovenom on October 27th, 2008 at 7:09 pm said:

hey, i cant wait to get this. but one question, will it be possible to upload videos to youtube from in the game. that would be awesome.

+ Masterofallz on October 27th, 2008 at 7:27 pm said:

Holy [DELETED], the servers are getting PWNED!

+ Protopet on October 27th, 2008 at 7:44 pm said:

Hey guys, the servers are horrible right now. :(

You guys should have been ready for this like Socom. Especially the fact that these are your big holiday titles. You guys have to step up! There shouldn’t be these problems when they are first-party titles and had betas for both titles.

Sony make sure these games are stable before being released! You’re turning off customers when all we hear about are these issues. Make a checklist that these games have to go through before being released. Trophies, custom soundtracks, voice chat, stable online and offline, game invites, etc.

You guys are last in this race and you have the highest price point. I don’t think you guys need anything else going against you.

+ Cobra Girl on October 27th, 2008 at 7:52 pm said:

Thank you very much! The Nariko and Kratos costumes are awesome! Any news on more downloadable costumes.

Back to the final boss battle for me! :)

+ DudeFX on October 27th, 2008 at 8:07 pm said:

I have friends that want to play online. We’re seeing the same problems from the beta, sluggish play and servers being down. This game is a week late, that means Sony had an extra week and seems ill-prepared for the launch. As much of a PS3 supporter I am, this is why gamers call it DelayStation among other unfavorable names.

+ Wuggyboobeaufuf on October 27th, 2008 at 8:23 pm said:

So guys, which part of the game are you going to censor next?

+ 40cal on October 27th, 2008 at 9:31 pm said:

I just downloaded the Kratos pack. Very nice. Can’t wait to see what other packs will come in the future.

+ mobiletone on October 28th, 2008 at 1:01 am said:

redeemed my Kratos code, downloaded the file, DOESN’T show up anywhere in the game!!

downloaded it twice now. *sadness*

+ jazzyrider on October 28th, 2008 at 1:06 am said:

I agree with everyone…Lag on multiplayer and single player is bad. Costume codes are great if you’ve redeemed it. The game hasn’t been fully released through out all regions and already the servers are slow and network lagged. I hope they fix this soon…would be a shame to see such an excellent game go in the opposite direction because of online issues.

+ toolfan2007 on October 28th, 2008 at 1:18 am said:

…Meanwhile back in EU the bigger market compared to the US Millions of gamers wait and watch as the Yanks get first go at the game…a UK developer should have secured and early release for the game over here in the EU *FOR SHAME SONY*

+ Crimsondramon on October 28th, 2008 at 2:23 am said:

Gah..I can’t sign online..:( Can anyone lend a hand?

It keeps saying “A problem occured when attempting to connect to LBP’s servers”

+ PanZ on October 28th, 2008 at 3:55 am said:

I am getting the same thing. I am reading everywhere that they are online but mine isn’t working. Anyone else?

+ misiopuchatek on October 28th, 2008 at 4:21 am said:

Servers are down since yesterday. Maybe they’re tweaking them cause the lag was enormous.

+ misiopuchatek on October 28th, 2008 at 4:25 am said:

Anyone who have used bonus Kratos/Nariko code please send me the used one. I’ll check if they’re work on 5 diff PS3s. PSNID rospondek :)
I’ll be very grateful :)

+ DrUnKeN_TiGeR on October 28th, 2008 at 6:15 am said:

Wow i still cant connect and when i called sony tech support they told me that the servers wont be online till later this week?!?!?!

+ lobotomies4free on October 28th, 2008 at 6:19 am said:

where is the “shadow of the littlebigcolossus level”? The original on one from the design contest

+ DrUnKeN_TiGeR on October 28th, 2008 at 6:41 am said:

ok they told me to disable media server and to forward the following ports
tcp 80
tcp 443
tcp 5223
tcp 10070-10080

udp 3478
udp 3479
udp 3658
udp 1070

still no conectivity keep getting failed to sign in when i try to read the EULA

+ Adamc2008 on October 28th, 2008 at 7:00 am said:

Very nice of you to shout from the rooftops that the LBP servers are live. What’s not impressive is that you’re clearly in no rush to let us know that they were up for – what? hours – and have been down ever since. And didn’t work well even when they were up. How about you make an effort to keep us informed, because this is rapidly turning into a game-killing farce.

+ DrUnKeN_TiGeR on October 28th, 2008 at 7:14 am said:

now im being told that its is in fact a server issue but they arnt showing any server problems?? they said to many ppl trying to log in and to wait an hr and if it still wont connect to call back?? uhg

+ DrBingogh on October 28th, 2008 at 7:32 am said:

Cool beans! Can’t wait till the server’s get worked out but I’m a realist and know these things take time. Not like I don’t have other games to play in the mean time.

+ dag25 on October 28th, 2008 at 7:37 am said:

LBP Live Server Update: It’s Like SOCOM With Fewer Guns.

+ moverton on October 28th, 2008 at 7:39 am said:

@mobiletone – Be sure to install them after you download.

+ brentos on October 28th, 2008 at 7:51 am said:

The server issues are ridiculous. The game is damn near unplayable. The only way I could attempt playing this game is to turn off my network connection. LAME. I played the beta and it was never this bad. Pretty disappointing.

+ Scodo_Thope on October 28th, 2008 at 7:53 am said:

LittleBig Disappointment with the servers.

Game ran better with them off!

Now the dreaded white screen …… wait ….. wait (in Story mode playing on my own – mind you). I suppose I could get something to drink….

Don’t even try any Cool Levels as you will wait wait….. wait… loading… .loading …. and server error.

I know it just some bugs that need to be worked out but shouldn’t have these issues been seen during the beta??

Still LBP FTW GOY (as long as the sever issues is quickly fixed)!!

:P