Minecraft PS4

Killzone 2 on G4TV Tonight!

Mike Graham's Avatar + Posted by Mike Graham on Oct 29, 2008 // Producer, International Software Development

Hello again. It’s been a while, so I’d like to reintroduce myself. I’m Mike Graham, Associate Producer with SCEA Santa Monica Studio. By now a lot of you have seen and commented on the trailers for Killzone 2 coming out of E3, Leipzig and TGS that showcased the single player and multiplayer gameplay in all of its glory. We’re not here to talk about that. Not exactly anyway. The game’s February release is getting closer by the minute, and everyone at Guerrilla and Sony have something they’re really proud of they want to show you. But we can’t just do it here, we want to do it in bigger style than the web can provide.

So. Get your DVR’s ready. Tonight on G4, during X-Play starting at 8pm, we will have the world television premiere of the brand new Killzone 2 Helghan trailer. Yes we know this was already posted to the web a little early, but who wouldn’t want to see it on a much bigger screen with a better sound system? Seriously, it deserves that kind of attention, because it’s just that cool. So tune in, crank it up and enjoy all the explosive goodness. We think you’ll like it.

76 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ mahunoy on October 29th, 2008 at 12:21 pm said:

Where is my Beta? Are we expecting beta for this game soon? I cant wait to try this out.

+ B4K4 on October 29th, 2008 at 12:21 pm said:

Cool can’t wait to see it

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on October 29th, 2008 at 12:22 pm said:

Nice I saw it already and it looks awesome!

WE NEED OFFLINE MULTIPLAYER PLEASE!!!

+ scorpio on October 29th, 2008 at 12:22 pm said:

I might have a peak then…

G4TV is so MS centric though and makes me want to vomit.

+ perrandy on October 29th, 2008 at 12:23 pm said:

off topic * i know that killzone is a great ip and all but is there any news about monopoly for the ps3…if the game is going to have an online component to it? thanks

+ Daver on October 29th, 2008 at 12:23 pm said:

I cant wait to get my hands on this game! but seriously guys you should stop showing stuff for a while, you will kill the hype

+ perrandy on October 29th, 2008 at 12:24 pm said:

btw, i cant see the whole show because i only have basic cable! :(

+ Al2x on October 29th, 2008 at 12:24 pm said:

Beta Please? Being in the Underground for around 6 years doesn’t get you anything now?

+ XxBigP123xX on October 29th, 2008 at 12:25 pm said:

If anything there is going to be more people on the internet then watching crappy G4TV.

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on October 29th, 2008 at 12:25 pm said:

ONE MORE THING….

Will in-game xmb music be supported? I hate how new titles like LBP and Socom have not implemented this feature which should become STANDARD on all new games…

***OFFLINE MUTIPLAYER PLEASE(I WANT TO PLAY WITH MY BROTHERS)***

+ Scodo_Thope on October 29th, 2008 at 12:25 pm said:

Glad to see G4 looking somewhere else besides MS. I am sure it will still be slanted though.

PlayStation needs there own gamer show.

See you on my DVR!

:P

+ Razgriz1Ace on October 29th, 2008 at 12:26 pm said:

@1

u beat to the question…. anyways I cant wait for this game that trailer its awesome it sucks that i have to b in class at the time :( and i dont have tivo or a DVR :'(

+ mikeja72 on October 29th, 2008 at 12:26 pm said:

Killzone 2 on G4 TV tonight? Great, how about LittleBigPlanet on PSN working correctly before adding more games with online capability? Isn’t dropping one ball at a time enough for Sony?

(Yes I know one has nothing to do with the other, but I felt like commenting on LBP anyway)

+ mendezgato on October 29th, 2008 at 12:30 pm said:

i will record this so i can watch it over and over. then back to lbp for now.

+ ftwrthtx on October 29th, 2008 at 12:31 pm said:

I really would like to test the beta out.

Thanks for the heads up about G4

+ IceCold on October 29th, 2008 at 12:34 pm said:

Nice!!! man this game has been hiding in the back for along time. I think the beta is already out GAP members only. Not even all GAP members.

+ DG on October 29th, 2008 at 12:35 pm said:

Wish I had tivo or the like. I don’t think I’ll be able to pry myself away from LBP or Fallout 3. I can’t wait for this game though.

+ Jeigh on October 29th, 2008 at 12:36 pm said:

That’s cool and all, but… well, why did it have to be G4? They’re like my last resort channel in case everything else on at the moment sucks. WHY??

Though, I suppose where else would you premiere it? Thanks for the update.

+ WHAT on October 29th, 2008 at 12:40 pm said:

Should have waited and shown it on 24’s premier.

+ nmc75 on October 29th, 2008 at 12:40 pm said:

I know hate is a strong word.. but I kinda hate G4. Please let us be able to download the new Killzone 2 Helghan trailer off the PS Store this week. :)

+ Torgo on October 29th, 2008 at 12:40 pm said:

G4 NEEDS to go HD.

+ Ac3theone on October 29th, 2008 at 12:46 pm said:

yesssss

+ big_tim on October 29th, 2008 at 12:46 pm said:

Anything else besides the trailer being shown? Any news that hasn’t been on the internet yet?

+ THATPSPGUY on October 29th, 2008 at 12:47 pm said:

Is there a 3rd person perspective “option” in this game?

+ APaz on October 29th, 2008 at 12:49 pm said:

Sounds epic.

+ Asshandler on October 29th, 2008 at 12:52 pm said:

The trailer is terrific. :)

+ lostprophetpr on October 29th, 2008 at 12:54 pm said:

Killzone 2 FTW. Now were is the Beta.

+ vandam on October 29th, 2008 at 12:59 pm said:

I don’t have G4 with my cable I just have basic cable and high speed internet… So why don’t you hook me up with BETA… PLEASE!!!!

+ BrianC6234 on October 29th, 2008 at 1:00 pm said:

#12 – You can always watch the replay of the show Thursday night. They seem to replay the previous night’s episode at 8:30 pm the next night.

+ CrimsonFox13 on October 29th, 2008 at 1:03 pm said:

Heh, I already favorited it yesterday. And I don’t get G4TV on my TV, for some reason, or Comedy Central, and I have like 800 channels. >_>

Not bragging of course. I’d honestly trade over 600 of those channels for G4TV and Comedy Central.

+ GGCAN on October 29th, 2008 at 1:12 pm said:

Thanks Mike, I’ll be watching for it.

@28 – vandam….if you install TVersity on your pc and stream to your PS3, you can watch the show.

+ lakaihigh on October 29th, 2008 at 1:15 pm said:

killzone2 is my most hotly anticipated game of 2009 and i can’t believe its coming sooo early! it would’ve been nice to have it this year but you guys made the right choice when you pushed it back. Ima be sooo busy with all the games coming this holiday that with any luck will tide me over till this drops.

thanks,
Lh

+ Stoffinator on October 29th, 2008 at 1:17 pm said:

To bad I cancelled G4 tv. Why not put an HD version up on the blog instead, least then we know it won’t be poked fun of. ;-]

+ Atoms on October 29th, 2008 at 1:17 pm said:

DVR on standby…

+ Rampge76 on October 29th, 2008 at 1:17 pm said:

Gametrailers.com has an HD version of this trailer. http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42076.html

+ scorpio on October 29th, 2008 at 1:21 pm said:

@5 I’ve seen Monopoly for the PS3 in store shelfs already.

+ yungder on October 29th, 2008 at 1:24 pm said:

Just make sure the game “works” online once it is released. We have been waiting for KZ2!!

PSN: yungder

+ reson8er on October 29th, 2008 at 1:32 pm said:

I don’t have G4 but humbly request it be put on the PlayStation store this week so those that don’t have or like G4 can view it in HD too.

+ TheGuardian1973 on October 29th, 2008 at 1:35 pm said:

I ALREADY SAW IT ON MY 50″ SONY LCD, AS IT DOUBLES AS MY PC MONITOR, AND THE TRAILER IS INCREDIBLE YOU GUYS HAVE DONE A FANTASTIC JOB ON THE GAME, CONGRATS!!! :D

+ Trieloth on October 29th, 2008 at 1:40 pm said:

G4? :( I stopped watching that show ages ago, because the show is way to bias. There always humping there 360’s. Please release it at the PSN store.
Anyways cant what to check out the game! :)

+ aaquib2 on October 29th, 2008 at 1:43 pm said:

One more thing…

G4 sucks…

+ dehumanizer_666 on October 29th, 2008 at 1:47 pm said:

I don’t have those channels

+ seph1r0th00 on October 29th, 2008 at 1:49 pm said:

Please don’t advertise for G4 on the PS Blog. X-Play is named as such because all they play and talk about is their Xbox. They show no love for PS3. It would be better if this article was telling us about how we can download the HD trailer from the PS Store.

+ Jenovah on October 29th, 2008 at 2:05 pm said:

Please, PLEASE do an open beta, I am dying to play this!

+ VenomX on October 29th, 2008 at 2:30 pm said:

The trailer is epic. I loved every single second of it. I watched it over a 100 times. I can’t get over it.

+ icarus69 on October 29th, 2008 at 2:31 pm said:

This game is really awesome, and the trailer proves it!

Now would you kindly give all drooling fans a taste of the beta by releasing it on PSS (like the MGO-beta), and please: no freaking “beta key hunts” on websites.
Also, as SOCOM: Confrontation’s and LBP’s betas has shown us: limited open betas DOESN’T ensure good online components with the final releases!

Thanks to GG for Killzone 1 and the fantastic sequel!

+ GAMINGPRO on October 29th, 2008 at 2:53 pm said:

This game is gonna rock!
I juss hope that its not over-hyped.

+ wavesln on October 29th, 2008 at 3:00 pm said:

Give beta to the people :)

+ EViD on October 29th, 2008 at 3:01 pm said:

Are we ever getting the beta?

+ tirminyl on October 29th, 2008 at 3:18 pm said:

Great news. Fortunately, I have seen the trailer already and I am just floored at graphic fidelity. The blur, filters, my head just explodes.

Unfortunately, G4 does not have a HD channel so I will not get to enjoy the trailer in it’s HD amazingness.

PAGE 1 2