PS4-The Order

Killzone 2 on G4TV Tonight!

Mike Graham's Avatar + Posted by Mike Graham on Oct 29, 2008 // Producer, International Software Development

Hello again. It’s been a while, so I’d like to reintroduce myself. I’m Mike Graham, Associate Producer with SCEA Santa Monica Studio. By now a lot of you have seen and commented on the trailers for Killzone 2 coming out of E3, Leipzig and TGS that showcased the single player and multiplayer gameplay in all of its glory. We’re not here to talk about that. Not exactly anyway. The game’s February release is getting closer by the minute, and everyone at Guerrilla and Sony have something they’re really proud of they want to show you. But we can’t just do it here, we want to do it in bigger style than the web can provide.

So. Get your DVR’s ready. Tonight on G4, during X-Play starting at 8pm, we will have the world television premiere of the brand new Killzone 2 Helghan trailer. Yes we know this was already posted to the web a little early, but who wouldn’t want to see it on a much bigger screen with a better sound system? Seriously, it deserves that kind of attention, because it’s just that cool. So tune in, crank it up and enjoy all the explosive goodness. We think you’ll like it.

76 Comments

PAGE 1 2
Mike Graham's Avatar

+ Mike Graham on October 29th, 2008 at 3:20 pm said:

Hello again. Not to address specific comments at this point, but thanks for all the positive feedback so far.

The official link for the HD trailer is now up for those without DVR or Cable. However I still think this will look best on a big screen. Personal preference.

Here’s the link.

+ Netweb on October 29th, 2008 at 3:20 pm said:

You all saw the last video… It’s about to break something!!!!!!

Gears of War 1 + Halo 1 + Halo 2 < Resistance: Fall Of Man

Gow2+Halo 3 + Halo: Recon+Halo Wars < Resistance 2

All This games < Killzone 2!

+ lakaihigh on October 29th, 2008 at 3:35 pm said:

any1 know what time this comes on at?

thanks,
Lh

+ Jezer29 on October 29th, 2008 at 3:35 pm said:

Did Obama buy up that channel today too??? Lol j/k.. I will DVR it..

@ 40 I know what you mean.. To me X play is more neutral than AOTS.. Those guys are Xbots..

+ AceGamer on October 29th, 2008 at 3:58 pm said:

Screw that. G4 is not HD. I better be on the PSN Store tomorrow in glorious Hi-Def.

+ PS fanboy on October 29th, 2008 at 4:32 pm said:

I hope this game woul beat the sales of HALO3
go for 10 million!! lol!
what channel is it gonna be for Canada?

+ X1rtam on October 29th, 2008 at 4:46 pm said:

Well I’ve got my DVR set to X-Play anyway, since that’s one of the few shows worth my time on that channel anyway. But yeah I’d also like to see it on the PSN Store if it isn’t already, but more importantly in SURROUND not boring 2-channel audio…

Mike Graham's Avatar

+ Mike Graham on October 29th, 2008 at 5:30 pm said:

The trailer will be made available next week on the Storefront for your repeated viewing, so never fear.

+ mrnagy88 on October 29th, 2008 at 5:31 pm said:

ok the shows over can you post it now? :-)
It was pretty cool, like an extended version of the teaser from that last gaming convention.

+ EnigmaNemesis on October 29th, 2008 at 5:49 pm said:

This game is looking epic. The graphics are amazing, and the world seems so active and full of life.

+ schwaa on October 29th, 2008 at 6:40 pm said:

G4 sucks, put it on the PS Store tomorrow please!

+ nmc75 on October 29th, 2008 at 7:00 pm said:

Glad to hear that we can download this onto our PS3′s from the PS Store to play in big screen full HD glory…. repeatedly. :)

+ bulleteddy on October 29th, 2008 at 7:27 pm said:

G4 TV’s SD channel takes some of the best looking games like MGS4 and Gears 2 and makes them look only average. If you want to create a stir, place an HD version of the trailer online. I think you’ll find that people watching it on G4 will be considerably less impressed with the graphics due to the SD Channel quality. Second…in this age of the internet, why in the world would anyone put something on the net that they intend to have “premier” in a larger arena? I was on the phone asking my girl to record it for me since I’m away…until I read the rest of the post that its the same trailer that I already saw…yesterday. Belay that request honey. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVED the trailer, the game looks absolutely incredible…its just that some of the decision making these days really has me scratching my head. So next time…

1) don’t “leak” the trailer
2) don’t show a game that is heavily judged by its HD graphics on an poor resolution SD station.
3) If you fail to heed 1 & 2, you should at least have some exclusive info to go along with the TV premier, which it sounds like in this instance, is not the case.

+ P_tear_griffin on October 29th, 2008 at 9:16 pm said:

You guys should’ve had KZ2 come out around April/May. Give R2 some breathing room for a few months and then bring out KZ2

+ P_tear_griffin on October 29th, 2008 at 9:17 pm said:

Have a vote here in the blog for a release date. Maybe? I feel Kz2 is coming out too soon

+ estrafo on October 29th, 2008 at 9:20 pm said:

Gr8, show them all the POWER!!! of the PS3 =)

+ estrafo on October 29th, 2008 at 9:36 pm said:

Forgot to say i want this video on the PS3

+ stennex on October 29th, 2008 at 10:11 pm said:

G4tv is not in HD so it is ridiculous to watch KZ2 in its true form. Sony upload this video to the blog site and gametrailers.com. Thank you

Mike Graham's Avatar

+ Eric Fong on October 29th, 2008 at 11:21 pm said:

Best. Trailer. Ever.

+ the_icon on October 30th, 2008 at 1:19 am said:

I downloaded it and transferred to the PS3 from gametrailers.com . Its totally breahtaking!

+ chriscowboyd on October 30th, 2008 at 5:19 am said:

lol i had to see it on x play i just wish they were hd but the trailer look great even without HD . killzone 2 is not only a game killer but now a system killer hey you others guys you need to step your games up and you know who am talking about.

+ subbed on October 30th, 2008 at 7:55 am said:

Looks Great! Hope the game play matches the visual quality!

+ stennex on October 30th, 2008 at 8:58 am said:

Great trailer. Hope we get it for the PS3 today. KZ2 is a must have for the PS3.

PSN ID:stennex

+ haskell on October 30th, 2008 at 9:23 am said:

Hi Mike, good afternoon.
I already set my DVR up to record it all! I can’t wait for it too come out. I’ve been on the message boards talking it up, and been playing Killzone 1 all over again since June. Where I have beaten it 3 more times.LOL
I have to brush up on my gameplay, and HOPING I get invited to participate into the Killzone 2 BETA for it. I would be honored to be selected and too give you my input on it daily.
I finished the SOCOM BETA a couple of weeks ago, as well as the Little Big Planet BETA. I’ve been in the HOME Beta for a month so far, and tonight, ends the Resistance 2 Beta, which I have been playing hours on end.
And I have plenty of time too play, considering I am home on disability and workers comp…home ALL the time, the games and beta testing all day n night..its awesome

+ shue2134 on October 30th, 2008 at 10:01 am said:

@13 LBP has been patched and is running like no other game that I have played before, great communication and great online multiplayer experience. Your complaints are unjust, and honestly…very ignorant. BTW killzone 2 is all that is cracked up to be, I am a current beta tester and its a must buy when released!!!

+ DemonSS10 on October 30th, 2008 at 7:29 pm said:

If your looking for the beta for this ur gonna be waiting till around the end of December for it they still have alot of work to do and its prob not gonna come out in Feb either

PAGE 1 2