PS4 - Destiny

Available 11/6: Official LittleBigPlanet DLC on the PlayStation Store

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Oct 30, 2008 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Now that the fans around the world will have copies of LittleBigPlanet next week, we wanted to celebrate the global launch and give you a heads up on the downloadable content you can expect to see in the near future…
—————

• “Launch” Spacesuit ***
  • Halloween Mask***
  • *** Only available from 11/6 to 11/19

Halloween Mask Spacesuit

————-

In addition to the ‘fan appreciation gifts’ mentioned above, we wanted to share an overview of the types of DLC headed your way. Check back here every Wednesday to see what new DLC will be available on the PlayStation Store the next day…

One category of downloads will be, no surprise, SackBoy costumes. You’ve already seen a few of our pre-order announcements and partnerships with PlayStation Alumni, but this is only a snippet of available downloads to come. We’re hard at work to provide weekly downloads to keep the community fresh and active. Here are a few items we have in store for you down the line…

Seasonal & Limited Time Only Costumes – FREE
      The “launch” SpaceSuit and Halloween mask is a perfect example of this. These types of items will be available for a short amount of time only so look for these around special events and holidays.

LBP space man pumpkin

Community Costumes – FREE
      Remember LittleBigChallenge 003? We’re finalizing the winners now, so stay tuned. These will be available for free and over time, you’ll see more and more of these types of free downloads for LBP community.

SackBoy Costumes – $0.99 each
      Continue to customize your SackBoy/SackGirl with brand new outfits that will be available in a variety of themes and designs. Here’s a sneak peek of a few costumes in the works…

frog gorilla

Premium SackBoy Costumes – $1.99 each
      Its no secret, that we love the rest of the PlayStation family and we want the SackPeople to be able to dress up as their favorite characters. Stay tuned for more announcements with new costumes from our PlayStation family and even some outside the family… Here’s a few of the ones we’ve already announced…

Sackboy Sephiroth! Sackboy Solid Snake and Sackboy Sephiroth

RARE SackBoy Costumes – $?.??
      In time, we’re hoping to introduce very rare items that are both only available for a certain amount of time and extremely collectible. We’ve previously announced the such an item, the “RARE Mm T-shirt”, but in North America, we’re waiting for the right time to introduce into the PS Store. Stay tuned…

LBP tshirt

Basic SackBoy Costume Bundle – $2.99
      At times, we’ll offer four basic costumes at a great price…to make things easier for the ‘must collect everything I see’ personalities

Premium SackBoy Costume Bundle – $5.99
      Similar to the Basic SackBoy Costume Bundle, this premium version consists of four premium costumes for the price of three. All characters in premium bundles will revolve around a certain theme…more info to come in the near future.

Stay tuned in a few weeks when we introduce a few more types of LBP DLC that will not only enhance your SackBoy, but expand your Pop-it tool with more objects, materials, stickers, sounds, music and even gameplay enhancements to keep the community refreshed with more creative options.

226 Comments

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ ratwithlime on October 31st, 2008 at 7:42 am said:

“First, we know we’ve had a bumpy release, and for your patience, we’re releasing a handful of free downloadable content on the PlayStation Store (starting 11/6)”

nice attempt at a PR spin, considering that what you’re offering to us “free” is only a portion of the [same] free content that was promised prior to launch.

considering that north america was slated for first release of this “global” title (and even after the re-call, still did recieve it first), yet we’re receiving the DLC last, and in addition, not everything that is being offered to other regions (with japan, hong kong, taiwan receiving 4 costumes for free), this really is a slap in the face.

and while I can’t blame both Mm and Sony for trying to capitalize on this ip with the micro-transactions, at least follow through with what you originally offered, rather than shorting us and then make it sound as if you’re being gracious.

+ MariusElijah on October 31st, 2008 at 9:25 am said:

Are the servers down again cuz i cant connect

+ mywhitenoise on October 31st, 2008 at 9:26 am said:

Seriously, screw your prices.
    If this was any other game, people would make an uproar for your nickle and dime tactics. Not only that, you’re doing the “LIMITED SUPPLY! HURRY BUY NOW!” move

+ Dobber on October 31st, 2008 at 10:24 am said:

Its kind of pointless to put the Halloween Mask out now. I guess I’ll have it in time for Halloween 2009.

It should have been out yesterday.

+ Scodo_Thope on October 31st, 2008 at 11:33 am said:

Please donate my costume purchases to the LittleBigFund for the servers!!!

:P

+ DJ_DTM on October 31st, 2008 at 11:44 am said:

Great job, now can someone please create a nice pair of DJ headphones for me..

+ MidnightRider1 on October 31st, 2008 at 5:02 pm said:

Yes, the costumes are coming but I thought the rare tee shirt would be for the launch week only.

+ GODSACE on October 31st, 2008 at 6:02 pm said:

i agree with 48, $1 costume, 200 $1 more like it

+ Volchis7 on October 31st, 2008 at 10:46 pm said:

I don’t know why but I absolutely love the space helmet part of the reason I made sure I got this game one the release date.

I hope they keeping pouring in the free content.

The paid content I don’t really like since the game just came out, it just seems like an easy way to put some extra money in there pockets.

Hopefully the majority of items will be free. Even though I have the money for the priced items I still don’t feel I should have to pay for all of it.

+ artofwar420 on October 31st, 2008 at 11:02 pm said:

I’m not one to get DLC for a game, unless I really like it, like Warhawk. These sack costumes are so awesome, I just have to have them.

+ miked00d on November 1st, 2008 at 4:09 pm said:

lol i had the inexplicable urge to add $20 to my psn wallet the other day, and now i know why.

+ the_icon on November 2nd, 2008 at 6:15 am said:

Great and all, I hope more content are free in the future. Also plz stabilize the severs.

+ QuizmanSackboy on November 2nd, 2008 at 1:23 pm said:

Anyone here excited about the rare/seasonal items, but concerned the generic items may become…too generic?

+ Scary69 on November 2nd, 2008 at 9:57 pm said:

Can we have a Lara Croft Sackgirl..LOL

+ sinthux on November 2nd, 2008 at 11:51 pm said:

I think the price for costumes is a little steep, considering there’s going to be a lot of hardcore LBP players that will want to buy merely every costumes/accessory available. If you’ve got 20 DLC on the PS store, they could be spending as much as they paid for the whole game.

A better business perspective is to put them a bit cheaper so more people can buy, but still make them feel special for buying it.

I’d really like to see Mm made user-generated levels that unlock special accessories and costumes which are themed towards the particular level. Or possibly a bank to collect all of your points collected in games which you can spend on in-game accessories/costumes.. These accessories, of course, wouldn’t be AS good as the PS store ones.

+ NoyBoy on November 3rd, 2008 at 5:06 pm said:

Quick qestion . . . Whats DLC ??

+ PSYCHO-MAGNET on November 3rd, 2008 at 5:37 pm said:

@ NoyBoy

DLC = Download Content

+ ratchet86 on November 3rd, 2008 at 8:13 pm said:

it would be so awesome if they added keyboard and mouse support for the create a level! wouldn’t it

+ ragnarox on November 5th, 2008 at 10:37 am said:

will we get the other rare costume that japan got aswell? (the one that was yellow shorts and weird eyes)

+ sinthux on November 6th, 2008 at 10:16 am said:

@ragnarox

it’s the ‘ape escape’ costume and i’d assume that we would, but it was more popular in japan, so it could be a japan exclusive.

i didn’t really like the costume when i saw some japanese people using it anyway

+ sinthux on November 6th, 2008 at 10:17 am said:

where’s my damn downloadable costumes?!?!?!?!

i’ve been waiting 2 hours for the PS store to update with new content

+ Coyote12 on November 7th, 2008 at 10:24 am said:

Thanks for some information. I will keep my eye out for when the new costumes start arriving. I like that Gorilla Suit.

+ milespeebles on November 15th, 2008 at 1:05 pm said:

It would be interesting to see Crash Bandicoot music remade and packaged as DLC for LBP.

The Turtle Woods music from Crash 2 perfectly fits the mood/feel of LBP and would work great as interactive music.

Link to song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADVk0vDYz80

+ syk1288 on November 17th, 2008 at 10:36 pm said:

I’m Going to make a list of Characters that I wish can be DLC for the future of LBP.

1. Naruto
    2. Sasuke
    3. Sora
    4. Riku
    5. Drake
    6. Sonic
    7. Knuckles
    8. Tails
    9. Shadow
    10. Megaman
    11. Protoman
    13. Zero
    14. Tidus
    15. Pacman
    16. Many Mortal Kombat Characters.
    17. Many Street Fighter Characters
    18. Spiderman
    19. Venom
    20. Faith Mirro’s Edge
    21. Raiden from MSG4
    22. Goku
    23. Vegeta
    24. GTA Frnachise Characters
    25. The Batman
    26. The Joker
    27. Dante
    28. Nero
    29. Lara Croft yes there atleast needs to be something for girls.
    30. Neo from the matrix.

That’s all for Now the PSB limits how much I can type so yeah there is many more but can’t type anymore sorry. I wish this list and many more can be accomplished by Media Molecule. Tnank You

+ HEAVENfromHELL on November 19th, 2008 at 9:12 pm said:

So, here’s a long shot: I preordered LBP @ Gamestop and had my mother pick it up at launch (I’m at college and my PS3 is at home) but I don’t get back to my PS3 until the 21st so I’m missing the window to grab that awesome limited edition astronaut suit. Any chance I could send proof via e-mail that I purchased the game at launch and somehow get the suit that way?

+ Darkspecter1002 on November 26th, 2008 at 1:44 pm said:

Dear Mr. Valledor,

I live in an area that does not have access to high-speed internet (nor do many of the surrounding towns). I made a planned visit to my brother’s so I could use his internet to download these two free characters on November 18th, a day before they were to be removed from the PlayStation Store. To my surprise and dismay, only the SpaceSuit was available. The Halloween mask was nowhere to be found.

I e-mailed Customer Service and received a reply 5 days later to call Customer Service. I called Customer Service and they told me “There’s nothing that can be done.”

Your post announcing both of these free, downloadable add-ons said they would be available until the 19th, which they were not. I am very upset and disappointed with the PlayStation Store, Sony and their Customer Service. I only want to be able to download the Halloween mask as indicated in your post.

If anyone else had the same problem of the Halloween mask being removed before November 19th, I urge you to please let everyone know how you feel.

Thank you.