Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Oct 31

Oct 31

Resistance 2 Midnight Launch Event, Insomniac Community Day Details

Bryan Intihar's Avatar Posted by Creative Director, Insomniac Games

It’s here! Well, almost. The launch of Resistance 2 is now only days away, so we hope you and your Bullseye are just about ready to go huntin’ for some Chimera. The game officially hits store shelves in North America on November 4, and to help celebrate Resistance 2’s arrival, we’ve got something extra-special planned:

Midnight Launch Event: That’s right, Resistance 2 is taking over the PlayStation Store in San Francisco’s Metreon for the night of November 3rd (and early on the 4th). In addition to being one of the first to pick up a copy of the game, attendees will be able to meet a host of Insomniacs (including Ted Price, our President and CEO, and members of the community team), receive some cool swag, get their copy of the game signed, and have their picture taken and placed on the cover of Resistance 2. Oh, and if you’re planning on purchasing the collector’s edition, you definitely want to come to this event. Trust us; your wallet will thank you for it. You can purchase the game at 12:01 am, but fans that show up a bit early can meet us and get that photo of yourself on the R2 cover.

R2 Collector's Edition

While November 4 has been etched in the minds of Resistance fans, here’s another one to mark on your calendar: November 7. That’s the date of our first-ever community day here at Insomniac. Fans will be treated to a studio tour, Resistance 2 competitive multiplayer sessions against the dev team, a panel discussion about our latest title, and other fun activities. If you are at least 17 years old and live/plan to be in the Los Angeles area on November 7, e-mail us at RSVP@insomniacgames.com for more details on the event.

Well, that’s it for now. I hope you use this weekend to get in a few extra rounds with the beta (we just extended it until Monday). See you soon on the battlefield!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

D1rk-Knight said:

October 31st, 12:13 pm

I through my hat to salute you for your awesome job. I can’t wait to get my copy of this masterpiece. I wish for you more success.

Johnbot5k said:

October 31st, 12:17 pm

After my experience with the Beta I can’t wait to get my hands on the final version. Any midnight launch plans on the East Coast?

redgopher said:

October 31st, 12:20 pm

Have the visuals improved at all since the beta? I thought it was very blurry, worse looking that R1.

schwaa said:

October 31st, 12:20 pm

Beta was amazing, I’m frothing at the mouth for the full version!

imaballa said:

October 31st, 12:21 pm

@Bryan,

What about us guys on the east coast?

Will Gamestop/EBgames hold a midnight launch as well?

TRIX_BOL said:

October 31st, 12:22 pm

Is there any GameStop in Philadelphia which is going to hold a MidNight Opening?

TheInfectedBy590 said:

October 31st, 12:26 pm

Wow, looks freaking awesome, can’t wait! :D

r-nice said:

October 31st, 12:26 pm

Midnight openings usually depend on how many people pre-order at that particular store.

imaballa said:

October 31st, 12:30 pm

When are you guys planning on starting the TV advertisement campaign?

I haven’t seen a commercial yet for Resistance 2.

chrisrhymz said:

October 31st, 12:31 pm

The R2 beta was awesome!!!…. I cant wait for the full version of the game to come out… excellent job insomnia!!!

chip14 said:

October 31st, 12:31 pm

why dont you delay it
because i am christian and violence offends me

RoAcH2285 said:

October 31st, 12:31 pm

I want that collectors edition so bad. I’ve already spent my money on Socom and LittleBigPlanet. I’ll barely have the money for the standard edition. :( Oh well, the game is what’s important.

vandam said:

October 31st, 12:34 pm

Ha, this is the only game I can not bash… Looks awsome plays awsome and thanks for extending beta SWEAT… But your lunch party in Cal is 12:01 it will be 4:01 here Daylight saving time ends Sunday (so we get it an hour early!!!!!)… So I’ll stay where I’m at… Thanks any way…

X1rtam said:

October 31st, 12:35 pm

Hey, that’s cool, one extra weekend with the beta! :D I admit that I haven’t been playing the game as much as I’d like to due to LBP. :)

@11 (chip14), you’ve got to be kidding me. Give it a rest. Buy LBP already even if you haven’t, because it’s an awesome game.

Anyway, I’d love to attend that, but it’s a Monday night and I live like six hours away! :( Also, you should mention that everyone shouldn’t forget to vote later that day!

sascha23 said:

October 31st, 12:36 pm

@11 I think you need to buy a Wii if you find yourself offended by violence and anything involving an “adult” subject matter.

big_hawk97 said:

October 31st, 12:37 pm

Why doesn’t this stuff ever happen in Texas? We like games too. Anywho, good for those that can attend.

Scodo_Thope said:

October 31st, 12:42 pm

San Fran ….. nah.

Enjoy though. Beta’s fun, but I suk. :(

:P

wavesln said:

October 31st, 12:44 pm

Got the beta and the game is excellent. I’ll buy it on release. Which brings me to a sad sad point: Europe. Freaking Europe. Have to wait a full month for it and it’s a damn shame.

xaos said:

October 31st, 12:45 pm

Great, I’ll see you guys there. Looking forward to it, haven’t been to a launch event there since GoW2, which was a surprisingly fun event.

TheHater said:

October 31st, 12:46 pm

Why isn’t there any love for NYC?

jbat17 said:

October 31st, 12:56 pm

nov 7 is marked on my calendar, alright. GeOW 2 launch date. but R2 will pwn that game, me thinks.

MeltTech said:

October 31st, 1:00 pm

UGH! I’m in Nashville on business all week. Bet my suite only has a 27″ sdtv too. Wonder if I can find it on the street that day?

andslasher123 said:

October 31st, 1:03 pm

No Love for NYC I live there you know :(

ftwrthtx said:

October 31st, 1:05 pm

I have the CE pre-ordered but if you can guarantee me a CE copy at the Metreon, I just may have to make the 90 minute drive to SF.

Deathrock said:

October 31st, 1:05 pm

I was not toshure about this game at first then I played Beta now Im getting it ;)

Ajora said:

October 31st, 1:06 pm

Nice…Cali is far away :(

X1rtam said:

October 31st, 1:06 pm

Whoa, just read the bit about the community day, count me IN! I live very close to LA, it’s awesome.

NandoSupes said:

October 31st, 1:08 pm

thank for another great game Insomniac.you guys are one of my favorite developers,keep up the good work!!.

zeel said:

October 31st, 1:10 pm

nothing ever happens in ohio!

zeel said:

October 31st, 1:11 pm

oooo ya I pre ordered the R2 CE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:> cant wait!!!!!!! this game is gona be soooooo cool

ajpfeif said:

October 31st, 1:14 pm

Dang, now I wish i didn’t pre-order the game on-line. I would of liked to go to the midnight opening.
Is the special edition being sold in stores as well?

edward_moffet said:

October 31st, 1:23 pm

thats freaking awesome but i wish there were more gaming events in oregon ugh

ajpfeif said:

October 31st, 1:24 pm

Oh wait just re-read the article. Forget the question above.

TheGuardian1973 said:

October 31st, 1:25 pm

COOL STUFF GUYS, I’M IN THE BETA AND IT ROCKS, HARD, THE CO-OP IS OUT STANDING AS IS THE COMPETITIVE 60 MAN MULTIPLAYER!!! I HAVE THE COLLECTOR’S EDITION RESERVED AND I CAN’T WAIT TO PLAY THE SP CAMPAIGN, GREAT JOB GUYS AS ALWAYS!!! :D

DaWolf619 said:

October 31st, 1:27 pm

This is so awesome!! I really wish I could swing by after work and get my collector’s edition and check out the team. But with a two year old at home, and my wife pregnant with triplets, that’s just not a possibility. :(
The event sounds like a blast too. Thanks for doing this for us, you guys rock.

Axecution said:

October 31st, 1:28 pm

Wal-mart is opened all night. Ill be getting mine at midnight like a did for GTA4, LittleBigPlanet (on the 21st! Haha. Tricked them, got them to manually enter it), and now Resistance 2.

Though… GTA4 wasnt really all that good. Just saying.

nmc75 said:

October 31st, 1:29 pm

Good location esp. since S.F. is one of the key invasion points in the game. I would love to attend but doubt I can go… Monday night’s a work night. :(

Jenovah said:

October 31st, 1:38 pm

I’ll see ya at the Metreon :)

Tigerriot said:

October 31st, 1:38 pm

Hey Brian,

Please answer my quick question!

Is the back of the case like a regular game case, if you get the Limited Edition version? Meaning does it have all the usual back of the case info, like resolution, and stuff like that?

Thanks!

nbnz said:

October 31st, 1:41 pm

I’m not jealous of the Americans. Nope, not one bit. Damn you! A month before the UK release, Collectors Edition, midnight launch events. Still, can’t wait for this, the beta is so much fun.

the6one said:

October 31st, 1:50 pm

the6one……

Wow! SONY, wow!!!! I understand the PS3 “now”. It is literally a short-term sacrifice for overwhelming long-term gains. I would not be surprised if the PS3 actually surpasses the lifetime to date sales of the PS2. We are now in position to take back the market whether or not consumers, fans, and industry analyst perceive it or not. It’s the truth, and the truth will set you free. The company’s worst days for the PS3 and the sacrifices that were made to get it to market are OVER! That’s right, OVER! Finito, done. With amazing titles that show forth our brand of Computer Entertainment such as LBP, MS2, R2, MGS4, and upcoming titles like K2, Infamous, GOW3, GT5, and many other titles, it is clear that the mighty SONY computer entertainment is BACCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!! Man, that feels so damn good to say again! It’s like this SONY, if you guys have and/are making losses on PS3 now, how much will u gain back in return. Blu-ray will become standard as in the next 4-5 years HDTVs will be standard and what will be the only standard for HD playback, well, blu-ray of course. Congrats Sony for whethering the storm, now let’s go in and kick but.

the6one…….

Rocs said:

October 31st, 1:56 pm

Really wish I could be there :(

GGCAN said:

October 31st, 2:06 pm

Thanks Bryan.

Got mine on pre-order.

stennex said:

October 31st, 2:09 pm

Ridiculous. R2 should have been released this week for the halloween weekend, not on the day of the elections, not sure what statement Insomniac is trying to make but based on the polls a lot more Americans will be voting this time around. People who have $79.99 bucks to spend well that’s who should be taxed. I’ll wait till weekend.

TheVesra said:

October 31st, 2:26 pm

thanks to thr R2 beta, i’ve played very little of littlebigplanet, which i also love. can not wait for the games release, except for the fact i’m to broke to afford it on launch.

Money1 said:

October 31st, 2:26 pm

wish i would about this event sooner, i pre-ordered me collectors edition a month agoonline

Fersis said:

October 31st, 2:33 pm

If only i lived on US …
Congratulations for the release of R2.
I played the public BETA and it was awesome.

Stoffinator said:

October 31st, 2:35 pm

awww November 7. Thats my bday. Wish I could be there. :-[

But can’t wait to play the game guys, it looks awesome.

Aaron said:

October 31st, 2:40 pm

AWESOMENESS! I have my collector’s Edition pre-ordered from gamestop.com with overnight shipping :) Man I wish I lived near the Insomniacs offices. I would love to go :(

depward said:

October 31st, 2:51 pm

Wonderful. I am SO looking forward to R2 next week!!

PAGE 1 2