LittleBigPlanet 3

Resistance 2 Midnight Launch Event, Insomniac Community Day Details

Bryan Intihar's Avatar + Posted by Bryan Intihar on Oct 31, 2008 // Community Manager, Insomniac Games

It’s here! Well, almost. The launch of Resistance 2 is now only days away, so we hope you and your Bullseye are just about ready to go huntin’ for some Chimera. The game officially hits store shelves in North America on November 4, and to help celebrate Resistance 2’s arrival, we’ve got something extra-special planned:

Midnight Launch Event: That’s right, Resistance 2 is taking over the PlayStation Store in San Francisco’s Metreon for the night of November 3rd (and early on the 4th). In addition to being one of the first to pick up a copy of the game, attendees will be able to meet a host of Insomniacs (including Ted Price, our President and CEO, and members of the community team), receive some cool swag, get their copy of the game signed, and have their picture taken and placed on the cover of Resistance 2. Oh, and if you’re planning on purchasing the collector’s edition, you definitely want to come to this event. Trust us; your wallet will thank you for it. You can purchase the game at 12:01 am, but fans that show up a bit early can meet us and get that photo of yourself on the R2 cover.

R2 Collector's Edition

While November 4 has been etched in the minds of Resistance fans, here’s another one to mark on your calendar: November 7. That’s the date of our first-ever community day here at Insomniac. Fans will be treated to a studio tour, Resistance 2 competitive multiplayer sessions against the dev team, a panel discussion about our latest title, and other fun activities. If you are at least 17 years old and live/plan to be in the Los Angeles area on November 7, e-mail us at RSVP@insomniacgames.com for more details on the event.

Well, that’s it for now. I hope you use this weekend to get in a few extra rounds with the beta (we just extended it until Monday). See you soon on the battlefield!

83 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ D1rk-Knight on October 31st, 2008 at 12:13 pm said:

I through my hat to salute you for your awesome job. I can’t wait to get my copy of this masterpiece. I wish for you more success.

+ Johnbot5k on October 31st, 2008 at 12:17 pm said:

After my experience with the Beta I can’t wait to get my hands on the final version. Any midnight launch plans on the East Coast?

+ redgopher on October 31st, 2008 at 12:20 pm said:

Have the visuals improved at all since the beta? I thought it was very blurry, worse looking that R1.

+ schwaa on October 31st, 2008 at 12:20 pm said:

Beta was amazing, I’m frothing at the mouth for the full version!

+ imaballa on October 31st, 2008 at 12:21 pm said:

@Bryan,

What about us guys on the east coast?

Will Gamestop/EBgames hold a midnight launch as well?

+ TRIX_BOL on October 31st, 2008 at 12:22 pm said:

Is there any GameStop in Philadelphia which is going to hold a MidNight Opening?

+ TheInfectedBy590 on October 31st, 2008 at 12:26 pm said:

Wow, looks freaking awesome, can’t wait! :D

+ r-nice on October 31st, 2008 at 12:26 pm said:

Midnight openings usually depend on how many people pre-order at that particular store.

+ imaballa on October 31st, 2008 at 12:30 pm said:

When are you guys planning on starting the TV advertisement campaign?

I haven’t seen a commercial yet for Resistance 2.

+ chrisrhymz on October 31st, 2008 at 12:31 pm said:

The R2 beta was awesome!!!…. I cant wait for the full version of the game to come out… excellent job insomnia!!!

+ chip14 on October 31st, 2008 at 12:31 pm said:

why dont you delay it
because i am christian and violence offends me

+ RoAcH2285 on October 31st, 2008 at 12:31 pm said:

I want that collectors edition so bad. I’ve already spent my money on Socom and LittleBigPlanet. I’ll barely have the money for the standard edition. :( Oh well, the game is what’s important.

+ vandam on October 31st, 2008 at 12:34 pm said:

Ha, this is the only game I can not bash… Looks awsome plays awsome and thanks for extending beta SWEAT… But your lunch party in Cal is 12:01 it will be 4:01 here Daylight saving time ends Sunday (so we get it an hour early!!!!!)… So I’ll stay where I’m at… Thanks any way…

+ X1rtam on October 31st, 2008 at 12:35 pm said:

Hey, that’s cool, one extra weekend with the beta! :D I admit that I haven’t been playing the game as much as I’d like to due to LBP. :)

@11 (chip14), you’ve got to be kidding me. Give it a rest. Buy LBP already even if you haven’t, because it’s an awesome game.

Anyway, I’d love to attend that, but it’s a Monday night and I live like six hours away! :( Also, you should mention that everyone shouldn’t forget to vote later that day!

+ sascha23 on October 31st, 2008 at 12:36 pm said:

@11 I think you need to buy a Wii if you find yourself offended by violence and anything involving an “adult” subject matter.

+ big_hawk97 on October 31st, 2008 at 12:37 pm said:

Why doesn’t this stuff ever happen in Texas? We like games too. Anywho, good for those that can attend.

+ Scodo_Thope on October 31st, 2008 at 12:42 pm said:

San Fran ….. nah.

Enjoy though. Beta’s fun, but I suk. :(

:P

+ wavesln on October 31st, 2008 at 12:44 pm said:

Got the beta and the game is excellent. I’ll buy it on release. Which brings me to a sad sad point: Europe. Freaking Europe. Have to wait a full month for it and it’s a damn shame.

+ xaos on October 31st, 2008 at 12:45 pm said:

Great, I’ll see you guys there. Looking forward to it, haven’t been to a launch event there since GoW2, which was a surprisingly fun event.

+ TheHater on October 31st, 2008 at 12:46 pm said:

Why isn’t there any love for NYC?

+ jbat17 on October 31st, 2008 at 12:56 pm said:

nov 7 is marked on my calendar, alright. GeOW 2 launch date. but R2 will pwn that game, me thinks.

+ MeltTech on October 31st, 2008 at 1:00 pm said:

UGH! I’m in Nashville on business all week. Bet my suite only has a 27″ sdtv too. Wonder if I can find it on the street that day?

+ andslasher123 on October 31st, 2008 at 1:03 pm said:

No Love for NYC I live there you know :(

+ ftwrthtx on October 31st, 2008 at 1:05 pm said:

I have the CE pre-ordered but if you can guarantee me a CE copy at the Metreon, I just may have to make the 90 minute drive to SF.

+ Deathrock on October 31st, 2008 at 1:05 pm said:

I was not toshure about this game at first then I played Beta now Im getting it ;)

+ Ajora on October 31st, 2008 at 1:06 pm said:

Nice…Cali is far away :(

+ X1rtam on October 31st, 2008 at 1:06 pm said:

Whoa, just read the bit about the community day, count me IN! I live very close to LA, it’s awesome.

+ NandoSupes on October 31st, 2008 at 1:08 pm said:

thank for another great game Insomniac.you guys are one of my favorite developers,keep up the good work!!.

+ zeel on October 31st, 2008 at 1:10 pm said:

nothing ever happens in ohio!

+ zeel on October 31st, 2008 at 1:11 pm said:

oooo ya I pre ordered the R2 CE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:> cant wait!!!!!!! this game is gona be soooooo cool

+ ajpfeif on October 31st, 2008 at 1:14 pm said:

Dang, now I wish i didn’t pre-order the game on-line. I would of liked to go to the midnight opening.
Is the special edition being sold in stores as well?

+ edward_moffet on October 31st, 2008 at 1:23 pm said:

thats freaking awesome but i wish there were more gaming events in oregon ugh

+ ajpfeif on October 31st, 2008 at 1:24 pm said:

Oh wait just re-read the article. Forget the question above.

+ TheGuardian1973 on October 31st, 2008 at 1:25 pm said:

COOL STUFF GUYS, I’M IN THE BETA AND IT ROCKS, HARD, THE CO-OP IS OUT STANDING AS IS THE COMPETITIVE 60 MAN MULTIPLAYER!!! I HAVE THE COLLECTOR’S EDITION RESERVED AND I CAN’T WAIT TO PLAY THE SP CAMPAIGN, GREAT JOB GUYS AS ALWAYS!!! :D

+ DaWolf619 on October 31st, 2008 at 1:27 pm said:

This is so awesome!! I really wish I could swing by after work and get my collector’s edition and check out the team. But with a two year old at home, and my wife pregnant with triplets, that’s just not a possibility. :(
The event sounds like a blast too. Thanks for doing this for us, you guys rock.

+ Axecution on October 31st, 2008 at 1:28 pm said:

Wal-mart is opened all night. Ill be getting mine at midnight like a did for GTA4, LittleBigPlanet (on the 21st! Haha. Tricked them, got them to manually enter it), and now Resistance 2.

Though… GTA4 wasnt really all that good. Just saying.

+ nmc75 on October 31st, 2008 at 1:29 pm said:

Good location esp. since S.F. is one of the key invasion points in the game. I would love to attend but doubt I can go… Monday night’s a work night. :(

+ Jenovah on October 31st, 2008 at 1:38 pm said:

I’ll see ya at the Metreon :)

+ Tigerriot on October 31st, 2008 at 1:38 pm said:

Hey Brian,

Please answer my quick question!

Is the back of the case like a regular game case, if you get the Limited Edition version? Meaning does it have all the usual back of the case info, like resolution, and stuff like that?

Thanks!

+ nbnz on October 31st, 2008 at 1:41 pm said:

I’m not jealous of the Americans. Nope, not one bit. Damn you! A month before the UK release, Collectors Edition, midnight launch events. Still, can’t wait for this, the beta is so much fun.

+ the6one on October 31st, 2008 at 1:50 pm said:

the6one……

Wow! SONY, wow!!!! I understand the PS3 “now”. It is literally a short-term sacrifice for overwhelming long-term gains. I would not be surprised if the PS3 actually surpasses the lifetime to date sales of the PS2. We are now in position to take back the market whether or not consumers, fans, and industry analyst perceive it or not. It’s the truth, and the truth will set you free. The company’s worst days for the PS3 and the sacrifices that were made to get it to market are OVER! That’s right, OVER! Finito, done. With amazing titles that show forth our brand of Computer Entertainment such as LBP, MS2, R2, MGS4, and upcoming titles like K2, Infamous, GOW3, GT5, and many other titles, it is clear that the mighty SONY computer entertainment is BACCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!! Man, that feels so damn good to say again! It’s like this SONY, if you guys have and/are making losses on PS3 now, how much will u gain back in return. Blu-ray will become standard as in the next 4-5 years HDTVs will be standard and what will be the only standard for HD playback, well, blu-ray of course. Congrats Sony for whethering the storm, now let’s go in and kick but.

the6one…….

+ Rocs on October 31st, 2008 at 1:56 pm said:

Really wish I could be there :(

+ GGCAN on October 31st, 2008 at 2:06 pm said:

Thanks Bryan.

Got mine on pre-order.

+ stennex on October 31st, 2008 at 2:09 pm said:

Ridiculous. R2 should have been released this week for the halloween weekend, not on the day of the elections, not sure what statement Insomniac is trying to make but based on the polls a lot more Americans will be voting this time around. People who have $79.99 bucks to spend well that’s who should be taxed. I’ll wait till weekend.

+ TheVesra on October 31st, 2008 at 2:26 pm said:

thanks to thr R2 beta, i’ve played very little of littlebigplanet, which i also love. can not wait for the games release, except for the fact i’m to broke to afford it on launch.

+ Money1 on October 31st, 2008 at 2:26 pm said:

wish i would about this event sooner, i pre-ordered me collectors edition a month agoonline

+ Fersis on October 31st, 2008 at 2:33 pm said:

If only i lived on US …
Congratulations for the release of R2.
I played the public BETA and it was awesome.

+ Stoffinator on October 31st, 2008 at 2:35 pm said:

awww November 7. Thats my bday. Wish I could be there. :-[

But can’t wait to play the game guys, it looks awesome.

+ Aaron on October 31st, 2008 at 2:40 pm said:

AWESOMENESS! I have my collector’s Edition pre-ordered from gamestop.com with overnight shipping :) Man I wish I lived near the Insomniacs offices. I would love to go :(

+ depward on October 31st, 2008 at 2:51 pm said:

Wonderful. I am SO looking forward to R2 next week!!

PAGE 1 2