PS4 - Transistor

Resistance 2 Midnight Launch Event, Insomniac Community Day Details

Bryan Intihar's Avatar + Posted by Bryan Intihar on Oct 31, 2008 // Community Manager, Insomniac Games

It’s here! Well, almost. The launch of Resistance 2 is now only days away, so we hope you and your Bullseye are just about ready to go huntin’ for some Chimera. The game officially hits store shelves in North America on November 4, and to help celebrate Resistance 2’s arrival, we’ve got something extra-special planned:

Midnight Launch Event: That’s right, Resistance 2 is taking over the PlayStation Store in San Francisco’s Metreon for the night of November 3rd (and early on the 4th). In addition to being one of the first to pick up a copy of the game, attendees will be able to meet a host of Insomniacs (including Ted Price, our President and CEO, and members of the community team), receive some cool swag, get their copy of the game signed, and have their picture taken and placed on the cover of Resistance 2. Oh, and if you’re planning on purchasing the collector’s edition, you definitely want to come to this event. Trust us; your wallet will thank you for it. You can purchase the game at 12:01 am, but fans that show up a bit early can meet us and get that photo of yourself on the R2 cover.

R2 Collector's Edition

While November 4 has been etched in the minds of Resistance fans, here’s another one to mark on your calendar: November 7. That’s the date of our first-ever community day here at Insomniac. Fans will be treated to a studio tour, Resistance 2 competitive multiplayer sessions against the dev team, a panel discussion about our latest title, and other fun activities. If you are at least 17 years old and live/plan to be in the Los Angeles area on November 7, e-mail us at RSVP@insomniacgames.com for more details on the event.

Well, that’s it for now. I hope you use this weekend to get in a few extra rounds with the beta (we just extended it until Monday). See you soon on the battlefield!

83 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ illegalprelude on October 31st, 2008 at 2:54 pm said:

aawww. No launch event in LA? But you guys are in Burbank! SF is way too far heh

+ benzboi92 on October 31st, 2008 at 2:56 pm said:

Dang it! I’m only 16…

Oh well, I live on the east coast anyways. LoL

+ NEJI64 on October 31st, 2008 at 3:02 pm said:

+ NEJI64 on October 31st, 2008 at 3:03 pm said:

@20 & @23 i feel yea Toys “R” Us in Time Square would have been the perfect store, i’m in NYC to

+ pauls21 on October 31st, 2008 at 3:06 pm said:

I can’t wait for this event…will probably show up a couple hours early :)

+ EnigmaNemesis on October 31st, 2008 at 3:07 pm said:

Have my collector’s pre-ordered … cant wait!

+ Savage on October 31st, 2008 at 3:21 pm said:

@redgopher : The textures were apparently low-res to fit into the download. On their forums apparently they said the full game will use better textures.

Btw, I loved the co-op mode. As addictive as crack. Well not that I’ve tried crack, but I imagine it is a similar addiction.

+ lakaihigh on October 31st, 2008 at 3:28 pm said:

pre-order: check
money: check
game: AWESOME!!!

i cannot wait to get my paws on this one guys. my only regret was not playing the beta enough, it was kinda broken for me but I’m sure the servers will be ready for when we get that 60 multiplayer deathmatches on!

thanks,
Lh

+ jgnyy32 on October 31st, 2008 at 3:35 pm said:

anyone know if gamestop will have a midnight launch? i reserve the CE i wish i could go! thanks

+ Savage on October 31st, 2008 at 3:42 pm said:

Any chance Europe will get the Collectors Edition? Come on guys, make it so!

+ DawnOfAshes on October 31st, 2008 at 4:03 pm said:

too bad im living in canada :(

+ Fersis on October 31st, 2008 at 4:07 pm said:

Insomniac delivers once again.

+ bpowter on October 31st, 2008 at 4:09 pm said:

ill be there

+ Ghostm on October 31st, 2008 at 5:11 pm said:

I hate the cover art for the regular version. I wish both covers were the same as LE box art. To bad I don’t buy limited edition games. Now I’m not sure if I want to buy the game =(. Ya! I’m that anal…

+ Grouch on October 31st, 2008 at 5:31 pm said:

I’ll be working that event.. If you’ve never been to any of our past launch events, try to make this one. You won’t be disappointed!

+ Elsa43 on October 31st, 2008 at 6:09 pm said:

Very nice!!
… and if the Insomniac team ever gets a craving for real beer, real hockey, real men and women… and scared Chimerans – then feel free to hold an event up here in Canada!

+ erdie on October 31st, 2008 at 6:18 pm said:

I can’t wait for November 4th. I get to pick up Resistance, vote, be free from political advertisements for a few years AND it’s payday! What a great day!

+ jsgamelord on October 31st, 2008 at 6:39 pm said:

Resistance 2 is really awesome.
I enjoy the Beat a lot. !

+ Volchis7 on October 31st, 2008 at 9:35 pm said:

Wow, I most definitely wish I could be there I pre-ordered the collectors edition and voted early to make sure I would be able to pick this up day one.

Can’t wait to play this thanks Insomniac for another high quality game!

+ NeoUltima on October 31st, 2008 at 10:12 pm said:

I’ll gladly go to the community event if you guys buy me a plane ticket :(

+ BZKlint on October 31st, 2008 at 10:20 pm said:

I wish i could go :(

+ estrafo on October 31st, 2008 at 10:36 pm said:

oops…. i deleted my beta lol,,,, a well just a few days till i buy me a copy :)

+ Reefer_Smoker97 on October 31st, 2008 at 10:57 pm said:

sony is a joke

+ tsaksyapune on November 1st, 2008 at 2:16 am said:

\who the hell invited some of these bastards here? if you dont like the game, gtfo. i personally want r2 to be delayed since im so broke this week until the 7th but im afraid the LEs will be comsumed already by then. Beta was tight though.

+ the_icon on November 1st, 2008 at 5:17 am said:

“Time to celebrate the arrival of Chimera”

+ jazzyrider on November 1st, 2008 at 8:02 am said:

why is it always SF or NY- can’t it be like in Boston, Seattle or someplace different? anyways, can’t wait to pick this game up!

+ kurtkbee on November 1st, 2008 at 9:08 am said:

did not know this was coming out so soon. Will have to ensure i get it after i vote.

+ wwwkilla on November 1st, 2008 at 6:34 pm said:

man this game is fire i love it these guys know what they are doing best developers i will have my copy on the 4th keep up the good work i have the beta i will be playing till the servers go down see u guys on nov 4th keep up the great work

+ juan29.zapata on November 2nd, 2008 at 4:03 pm said:

I wonder it that CE is coming to Colombia… Sony really needs to intesify marketing the PS3 here, they brought it here but nobody really knew but in Malasya they did notice, after all, here are potential buyers.

+ Fersis on November 3rd, 2008 at 5:09 am said:

@79 juan29.zapata
I doubt it, here on Argentina no game is released officially.

+ SteveLV702 on November 4th, 2008 at 10:04 am said:

San Fransisco darn how come nothing ever happens here in Las Vegas, Nevada we like video games to you know….

+ fangzup on November 4th, 2008 at 4:57 pm said:

It was awesome. Got pics with Ted Price..signed copy and 2008 cents off the collectors edition..not to mention my own personalized cover..sweet!!

+ chanskie on November 9th, 2008 at 4:23 am said:

VGchatz reported GeoW 2 on xbox360 sold 2.1 mil on day 1 in NA….any news about R2 day 1 sales figure??? Come on…LBP sales in NA has been disappointing…so is Motorstorm 2…i hope R2 do better…..finger cross

PAGE 1 2