PS4 - Destiny

Size Does Matter – Just Ask SackBoy

SackBoy's Avatar + Posted by SackBoy on Oct 31, 2008 // CEO of LittleBigPlanet

Proposition Pluto

My fellow Americans,

It’s me … SackBoy! Now that you can go pickup LittleBigPlanet in your local retailer, I can take on other matters that are important to me other than playing, creating and sharing! So I wanted to take this opportunity to bring your attention to a worthwhile cause.

Well, as you know it’s election season here and it’s not all about Democrats and Republicans. There are bigger issues going on and I need YOU to get involved!

Back in 2006, the International Astronomical Union declassified Pluto, our solar system’s littlest big planet, from a real planet to a dwarf planet. This is a travesty and we must stand together to bring Pluto back to the solar system as the LittleBigPlanet. So join me, SackBoy, in helping to get enough signatures to get Pluto back into the solar system!

I have made a campaign advertisement that I want you to watch and share with your friends. Afterwards, log onto my campaign page and sign up so I can keep you updated on the campaign!

You can also find me on Twitter and on FaceBook — if you join our group, we’ll gift you bumper stickers and buttons to share with your friends!

So thank you for your time!

My name is SackBoy … and I approved this message!

107 Comments

+ Koneesha on October 31st, 2008 at 6:34 pm said:

I better get my bumper sticker!

+ killerbread1 on October 31st, 2008 at 6:44 pm said:

oh and the only reason they are doing this is because of this bit here of what you did not understand http://www.propositionpluto.com/know_the_facts.html

What does “cleared its neighborhood” mean? As planets form, they become the dominant gravitational body in their orbit in the Solar System. As they interact with other, smaller objects, they either consume them, or sling them away with their gravity. Pluto is only 0.07 times the mass of the other objects in its orbit. The Earth, in comparison, has 1.7 million times the mass of the other objects in its orbit.

im sorry for messaging alot but im against this

+ kinetic808 on October 31st, 2008 at 6:50 pm said:

I think a part of my brain died after reading this blog and watching the video. It was like “If this is what you are going to use me for…i quit”

+ madtyger on October 31st, 2008 at 6:51 pm said:

I’ll definitely go on the campaign trail with SackBoy!!

+ WHAT on October 31st, 2008 at 8:01 pm said:

This post was brought to you buy the letter F and a bunch of people I would not let around my children.

+ Jeigh on October 31st, 2008 at 8:41 pm said:

Is it just me, or does “Sackboy” speaking creep anyone else out? I’ve been playing my little guy for hours on end, and he doesn’t say a word. I sort of feel embarassed like when one of those people in a Mickey costume walks up to you in Disney World.

+ Tabooger on October 31st, 2008 at 8:47 pm said:

Sackboy is American?

Well, not to be anti-American or anything, but what the hell? I mean, couldn’t he be from his own little country or something? I mean, Brits, Australians, Japanese people, etc aren’t gonna love Sackboy as much now.

+ Seraphim on October 31st, 2008 at 8:48 pm said:

what about the other important matter? The real life Sack Boys? I want one to toss atop my game collection. ;) maybe two or three to toss all around the house….

+ ReSiDeNtX on October 31st, 2008 at 9:06 pm said:

i love this video <3

+ jqtaxpayer on October 31st, 2008 at 9:16 pm said:

………LOL!

+ grimgard on October 31st, 2008 at 9:36 pm said:

Signed the petition, Joined the facebook group and I better get some Sackboy swag.

+ jazzyrider on October 31st, 2008 at 9:39 pm said:

lol – sackboy gets my vote!

+ BZKlint on October 31st, 2008 at 9:51 pm said:

Is that you, Jeff?

+ iomegadrive on October 31st, 2008 at 9:55 pm said:

I just got the game today. Was great, until I wanted to play with my friends. We connected our 3rd party Logitech controllers to the PS3 and attempted to play.

After MANY HOURS of troubleshooting, I’ve finally found that 3rd party controllers DON’T WORK WITH THIS GAME.

This is the MOST RIDICULOUS thing ever. Such a GREAT game and my FIRST experience is trying to figure out why my controllers DON’T work with the game to find out the game DOES NOT SUPPORT 3rd party controllers. Horrible.

+ estrafo on October 31st, 2008 at 10:15 pm said:

Me not American but, i do hope we can save the real Little Big Planet xD

+ SpyroLuver88 on October 31st, 2008 at 10:49 pm said:

I joined on Twitter and YouTube and signed the petition….I hope that’s good enough to get me some goodies:)
Where is my Sackboy plushie? I need to have my very own Sackboy to love!! Hopefully one that looks like the real thing!!
I’m with Sackboy. Leave Pluto as a planet.

+ VixDiesel on October 31st, 2008 at 10:50 pm said:

For the love of god, fix the servers!!!

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on October 31st, 2008 at 11:29 pm said:

Jeez, the day internet petitions influence scientific theories is a strange day. I like LBP, but this is kinda silly.

+ kspraydad on November 1st, 2008 at 12:50 am said:

@killerbread…

It is a freaking JOKE. You’re against JOKES?

+ killerbread1 on November 1st, 2008 at 4:13 am said:

i realy dont think this is a joke

+ MeltTech on November 1st, 2008 at 4:53 am said:

Why not try and sae LittleBigPlanet? Online is broke. I have yet to play online with anyone. Lag is like taking the space shuttle to Pluto, you just aren’t going to get there. The game loads and loads and loads. Then you finally get in and the screen is going at 120fps, good job.

My vote is to save LittleBigPlanet from the used rack at Gamestop!

+ killerbread1 on November 1st, 2008 at 6:00 am said:

maybe sackboy should not be delayed after 1, 1 single muslem

+ ephracis on November 1st, 2008 at 7:16 am said:

Sorry but there’s no way Pluto should be classified as a full planet. There are WAY too many bodies that are as big or bigger than Pluto out there in the solar system, so if we would classify Pluto as a planet the solar system should contain hundreds of planets. It’s messy.

Sorry, but Pluto is a dwarf-planet, it’s the most logical way. The Vulcans would agree with me.

+ Nynja on November 1st, 2008 at 7:41 am said:

@killerbread1:

If you don’t like it, dont sign it. You seem to be taking it so personal, relax man.

Let everyone have their fun.

+ Milky_Joe on November 1st, 2008 at 8:23 am said:

WHAT??? SACKBOY’S AMERICAN??? OH THAT DOES IT!!!

+ .Seiven. on November 1st, 2008 at 8:26 am said:

growing up Pluto was always a planet…screw the other “satellites” Pluto has a place in my childhood and heart as the real Little Big Planet. They say that other celestial bodies need to be added as planets to justify Pluto…I say NO!

I voted Yes on Prop Pluto…won’t you too?

+ BStreakX on November 1st, 2008 at 8:55 am said:

So, this is science, not politics. What’s next, a vote on whether evolution occurred?

+ iokomo on November 1st, 2008 at 9:33 am said:

are you people for real?

+ bass286 on November 1st, 2008 at 10:35 am said:

McCain/Sackboy o8!

+ Keeng on November 1st, 2008 at 11:17 am said:

YES WE CAN!

P.S. I’m really glad they didn’t give SackBoy a voice…yet…

+ pakkman781 on November 1st, 2008 at 11:42 am said:

Sorry SackBoy, Pluto’s not a planet! It’s no more a planet than Ceres!

+ technodoll on November 1st, 2008 at 12:10 pm said:

The debate came to a head in 2006 with an IAU resolution that created an official definition for the term “planet”. According to this resolution, there are three main conditions for an object to be considered a ‘planet’:

1. The object must be in orbit around the Sun.
2. The object must be massive enough to be a sphere by its own gravitational force. More specifically, its own gravity should pull it into a shape of hydrostatic equilibrium.
3. It must have cleared the neighbourhood around its orbit.[99][100]

Pluto fails to meet the third condition, since its mass was only 0.07 times that of the mass of the other objects in its orbit (Earth’s mass, by contrast, is 1.7 million times the remaining mass in its own orbit).[101][102] The IAU further resolved that Pluto be classified in the simultaneously created dwarf planet category, and that it act as the prototype for the plutoid category of trans-Neptunian objects, in which it would be separately, but concurrently, classified.[103]

+ killerbread1 on November 1st, 2008 at 12:31 pm said:

its just like trying to get people to vote to raise the speed of light its just not going to happen oh and sackboy is from the EU just read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LittleBigPlanet

+ azad_champ on November 1st, 2008 at 12:53 pm said:

The amount of win in this blog is quite extraordinary….

+ kmac0378 on November 1st, 2008 at 2:06 pm said:

Thanks to the consistent brilliant marketing of this game, this was a Day 1 purchase for me. Thanks to my inability to actually have any type of quality online play since Tuesday, this is going to fund an awesome trade in for Resistence, Fallout, BioShock, MoterStorm or any of the other 4-5 B level titles that are on my list. Awesome single player game, amazing marketing, innovative idea – extreamly poor execution at launch. You only get one first impression peeps. :(

+ eid3tic on November 1st, 2008 at 2:37 pm said:

Is anyone else having issues connecting to certain people???

I get errors when trying to join some people playing online, including some people from my friends list.

Help, please!

+ Jeigh on November 1st, 2008 at 3:05 pm said:

And, yes, PLEASE fix the servers. It’s going to end up destroying LittleBigPlanet’s rep if it doesn’t even have a functional online mode. The lag is so massive that the only thing I can catch is myself falling into a pit. >:(

+ MariusElijah on November 1st, 2008 at 3:21 pm said:

When do i get my bumper sticker

+ eid3tic on November 1st, 2008 at 3:29 pm said:

continuation to 83…

..HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!

+ thingg on November 1st, 2008 at 4:59 pm said:

lol

+ ChocoDK on November 1st, 2008 at 6:33 pm said:

Pluto was my favorite planet as a kid and now they say it isn’t. Pluto was found and called a planet in the 1930s now less then 100yrs later it isn’t? Seriously I hope they bring it back as a planet. The Magic School Bus epiosde on the Solar System is now out of date since they went to Pluto.

+ senjutsu_dav on November 1st, 2008 at 8:13 pm said:

… Pluto is not a planet, it’s an asteroid. The idea of “the little big planet” is funny, but the ad isn’t. It seems like you really want to prove something, if it’s real, please try not to use gamers in your “evil plot” (MoUaHAHahAhaha!!). And if it’s done to be funny, it should be funny then, not serious…

PS: Pluto is not a planet, lol. Billions of asteroids are moving around where is pluto, and a lot of them are bigger anyway. Or there is billions of planets in the solar system (kids won’t like you! It was already hard to learn the list we had in school, lol), or pluto is not a planet, you choose.

+ wavesln on November 1st, 2008 at 8:36 pm said:

LOL. That’s got to be the craziest, coolest game marketing campaign. I approve (as Buzz would say):)

+ Crimsondramon on November 1st, 2008 at 11:51 pm said:

Voted. Even our Solar System needs its own LittleBigPlanet!! ^_^

+ joelface on November 2nd, 2008 at 5:17 am said:

i dont know that i want to vote for pluto to be called a planet, considering its still called a dwarf-planet. to have that changed, would change how all dwarf-planets are classified, and that seems highly unnecessary.

nevertheless, i think its a pretty funny marketing idea for the game, little-big-planet. lol. truly hilarious.

i am still tempted to vote anyways. but alas.. i shall refrain!

+ Fallen_Guardian on November 2nd, 2008 at 5:47 am said:

LBP is truelly amazing in every aspect, try out my LBP level called:

Concept Tester One v1.2

Try out just five of my concept vehicles that i have plans to use in future levels, they are just five out of alot of concepts i am working on and ill update with more of my concepts later on. My psn id is: Fallen_Guardian

+ DJ_DTM on November 2nd, 2008 at 6:20 pm said:

pointless, serious.. why even try.

It’s like trying to clasify the Wii and Xbox as cool.

+ Jman9902 on November 2nd, 2008 at 10:52 pm said:

well, seeing as how Pluto’s mass is .0021 the mass of Earth… makes sense why it isn’t a planet any longer

+ Jman9902 on November 2nd, 2008 at 10:56 pm said:

and the reason pluto isn’t a planet anymore is because it doesn’t adhere to the laws of planets, the law that it breaks is “It needs to have cleared the neigborhood of its orbit” meaning it needs to be a substantial size larger than objects orbiting it, and pluto is only .07 times the mass of the objects orbiting it… don’t mean to pull figures, but so many people ask “why isn’t pluto a planet!?”

+ tenklo on November 2nd, 2008 at 11:46 pm said:

ok this is not about pluto even though to me its still a planet its just the govt thinks they need to spend are money on something they think is a good ideal and it bites them in the butt…. about thing i was going to talk about ur play create and share motto ur play and share get 100% but the create only get a 60-70% becuse u said u can if u can think it u can creat it but for my sackboy or girl how am i post to my ungue costume with a limmited amount of accesorries and im offer 75% item compleation at the moment